Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,877 members, 7,817,585 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

Mended Hearts - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Mended Hearts (72407 Views)

SYNCHRONISED HEARTS(18+) / The Dark Garden Of Hearts / What Happened To Hints And Hearts Magazines? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mended Hearts by Ann2012(f): 4:11pm On Oct 06, 2018
Thanks for the update dear kiss

All this corrupt officer's ehn.....
Re: Mended Hearts by damselposh(f): 8:53pm On Oct 06, 2018
Ann2012:
Thanks for the update dear kiss
All this corrupt officer's ehn.....
lol, thanks dear for reading

1 Like

Re: Mended Hearts by queenitee(f): 8:55am On Oct 07, 2018
Hmmm, Kenny is a nice guy
Re: Mended Hearts by damselposh(f): 9:54am On Oct 07, 2018
queenitee:
Hmmm, Kenny is a nice guy
yea, thanks for reading
Re: Mended Hearts by stevodot22(m): 10:24am On Oct 07, 2018
Hmmmm!!! This is getting more interesting, pls damsel, you are rushing this piece, take your time especially when describing any event that occurred or that may likely occur. Thanks for the update.
Re: Mended Hearts by damselposh(f): 11:20am On Oct 07, 2018
"Mara, this is your aunt Felicia, your mother's sister, she was the one that saved your mother from the evil plans of Agness and her stepsister" Mr Johnson said pointing at Felicia.

"How are you doing my dear?, Johnson told me everything, how you didn't believe that Agness could do all those things" she said taking Mara's hand into hers.

"Am surprised at everything, I was actually curious on why my parents had to wait for 6 good years before giving birth to my younger sister, but it is finally making sense now, the age gap and everything" she said shaking her head sadly.

"I will explain everything to you" Felicia said shifting closer to Mara.

"I did something when I was 24 years old and Margaret was 22, I fell in love with someone from Calabar, my parents didn't approve, they wanted someone from the east, so when I insisted on getting married to Ndifreke, they told me to choose between him and my family, I followed my heart and ran away with him, but I loved my sister so much so I decided to go see her at home."

"I got to our gate and waited for Margaret to come out since I was denied access into the house. Not long after, I saw her come out with her best friend Agness, I rushed to hug her but she pushed me away and said many hurtful things to me, how I abandoned my family because of a Calabar man, how shameless I was, that I should not show her my face ever again. I couldn't bear the things she told me so I ran away, deciding not to come back again, 4 years later, I got married to Ndifreke, his people were not in support of the marriage too, so we went against them and got married, I started working as a nurse at a clinic, some months later, I saw my sister been pushed into the labour room.

"I was worried, I paced round the hospital with prayers on my lips until I heard the cry of a baby, I happily ran to the restroom to ease myself, I had been pressed for long, on getting there, I started hearing voices, I wanted to do what I came for and head out, but then, I heard my sister's name, and I also heard someone say poison, I completely decided to listen to them, I gathered information that they wanted my sister and her baby dead, I opened my mouth in shock and waited for them to leave before coming out, and when I came out, it was Agness and her step sister.

" I waited for Funmilayo to leave before confronting Agness, I told her that I was going to let my sister know everything, she told me that I should not forget how Margaret pushed me away the other time, that what my sister felt for me then was pure hatred, that she won't even listen to me. I planned to save Margaret and her baby without letting her see me."

"When I got home, I explained everything to my husband and we planned on doing something about it. the next day, when I got to the clinic, I heard the matron say that my sister was having complications, that she will be transferred to a higher hospital, I called my husband immediately and he told me to make sure I join them in the journey, and we should make sure that we pass through Igwurita road, I didn't understand at first until we got to Igwurita road, armed robbers accosted us, hit the driver and the other nurse with something on the head making them pass out, I was bundled into the car with Margaret and the clinic car was set ablaze"

"I thought they were robbers until they took us to another hospital where Ndifreke was waiting, they administered treatment to her immediately and she was stabilized. she was on oxygen for many years, when she finally gained consciousness, she went mute, she won't talk or acknowledge someone's presence, we were taking care of her until Ndifreke died, his people took everything from us, leaving nothing for my daughter and i. I was watching TV one day when I saw Johnson win the best dealer in Auto mobile, we relocated to owerri immediately and i contacted him 8 years ago, Margaret was still not talking to anyone then, Johnson took her to the hospital and the doctor told us that she lost her memory that was why she went mute, she had not seen what would trigger her memory and get her to talk, she has suffered so much." she concluded sobbing.

"You know the rest of the story Mara, don't you?" Johnson asked looking at her.

"I Can't believe that Mom would do something like that, someone I took as my mom for the past 26 years" she said breaking into a sob "where is Aunt Margaret, I mean my mom now?" she asked wiping her tears.

"She is at the hospital, once you are been discharged, you will go see her" Felicia said giving her a hug.
Re: Mended Hearts by damselposh(f): 11:22am On Oct 07, 2018
stevodot22:
Hmmmm!!! This is getting more interesting, pls damsel, you are rushing this piece, take your time especially when describing any event that occurred or that may likely occur. Thanks for the update.

thanks for reading, correction taken

1 Like

Re: Mended Hearts by damselposh(f): 12:43pm On Oct 07, 2018
"Hello Boss" spark said into the receiver.

"What news do you have for me spark?" he asked with his baritone voice.

"James managed to escape with the girl sir, but don't worry, I put a tracker on his car and i bugged their phones , I will soon get them" he answered scratching his head.

"What is wrong with you spark? you have not spent more than a day on your job before? what is so hard in getting a simple girl killed?" he barked authoritatively.

"Am sorry Boss, I will make sure I get her this time around" he said biting his lip.

"Listen to me spark, if James interrogates that girl, she will expose us and our institute will be closed down, that institute has been existing for 26 years now, there is no way we will let James run us down, if you don't kill them this time spark, I will give your position to Host, he might handle it better" he sneered.

"I will do it well this time sir, I won't let you down" he said tightening his fist in anger, he would never let Host take his position, never, he shouted bringing out his iPad, he tapped on it and a format appeared, he saw a small red dot moving, he tapped on the dot and "World Bank Owerri" appeared on the screen, he smiled, James was headed towards World Bank and it was time to stop the game and get them killed. He motioned for Host to get into the car.

"Hello Kong, am parked at Genza fast food, where are you?" James asked immediately he turned his car off. "Okay I should get down from the car and look to my left side?" he asked the person getting down from the car to the amazement of the people in the car with him.

"Hello Kong, how are you doing?" he asked shaking hands with the young man.

"Am fine James, everything has been prepared, the car is parked at the other side of the road" he said pointing at it.

"I hope your boys are ready?, please Kong, I don't want mistakes, someone's life is at stake" James said looking at the car parked at the other side of the road very well.

"We are ready James, how is your injury healing?" he asked looking at his stomach.

"Am fine, Gabriel tied his shirt on my stomach to stop it from bleeding too much" he said tapping the car window.

"What is wrong James? why did you stop the car here? and who is that young man?" Gabriel asked all at a time.

"Gabriel you ask too many questions, you guys have to get down from the car, I will explain everything later, but for now just do as I say" he told them going to the driver's side to pick his phone and any other important stuff.

"Did you bring the phones Kong?" he asked walking towards him again.

"Yes James, I brought them, here they are" he said handing 3 phones to him. "there are registered sim cards in all of them" he completed happy that he was helping the person that fought for justice for his sister's murder.

"Am sorry Gabriel, anny, you will have to submit your phones to him and take the ones he brought" James said looking around.

"Why?" Anny shouted, not understanding what was going on.

"It is for your own good, just do as I said and let's get out of here" James said already getting angry.

"I trust you bro, here is my phone, what else do you need?" Gabriel said giving Kong his phone. Anny did the same thing too.

"We will continue our journey with the car over there, and let's be fast about it" he said pointing at the black Lexus parked at the other side of the road.

"What will happen to this one?" Anny asked pointing at the car they came with.

" Kong knows what to do with it, now let's get moving " James said already crossing towards the other side of the road. Anny looked at Gabriel for any explanation but he shrugged and followed James, leaving Anny with no choice than to follow them too.

"Where are we going to?" Anny asked getting scared, did she make a mistake by following this two young men, she could have stayed back and face Spark and Host at the guestroom, they have been driving for close to 3 hours and she doesn't have any clue on where they were taking her to. she touched her hair to be sure that she stuffed enough hairpins there in case she needed them. she wanted to ask them for the second time where they were taking her to until she looked out of the window and saw. "Welcome to Rivers State" boldly written on a big slab.

"What?, you are taking me to rivers state?, who the hell do you think you are to take me out of Owerri without my consent?" she barked at the duo.

"Calm down Anny, we will explain everything to you when we get to our destination" James said assuredly.

"We mean no harm dear, you will understand everything soon" Gabriel said even though he did not understand James himself.

"Okay" Anny said relaxing back, she was safe as long as she had her hairpins. she thought.
Re: Mended Hearts by Preshbeauty(f): 1:47pm On Oct 07, 2018
Wow, James is really smart.
what is this Anny of a girl feeling like? so because she has killed two people with a fork and succeeded, she now thinks she can kill anyone with a random object.

Felicia, thank you for saving Margaret's life.

well done OP

1 Like

Re: Mended Hearts by queenitee(f): 2:23pm On Oct 07, 2018
Hmmm
Re: Mended Hearts by skubido(m): 3:31pm On Oct 07, 2018
Nawa ooo.

.u too much OP
Re: Mended Hearts by Ann2012(f): 3:41pm On Oct 07, 2018
Spark and Host.... cool

Thanks for the update
Re: Mended Hearts by damselposh(f): 5:06pm On Oct 07, 2018
Preshbeauty:
Wow, James is really smart.
what is this Anny of a girl feeling like? so because she has killed two people with a fork and succeeded, she now thinks she can kill anyone with a random object.

Felicia, thank you for saving Margaret's life.

well done OP

thanks for reading
Re: Mended Hearts by damselposh(f): 5:07pm On Oct 07, 2018
queenitee:
Hmmm

lol
Re: Mended Hearts by damselposh(f): 5:42pm On Oct 07, 2018
skubido:
Nawa ooo.
.u too much OP

thanks for reading
Re: Mended Hearts by damselposh(f): 5:42pm On Oct 07, 2018
Ann2012:
Spark and Host.... cool
Thanks for the update

thanks for reading
Re: Mended Hearts by damselposh(f): 4:28pm On Oct 08, 2018
Funmilayo got to Mr Williams' house with a smile on her face, her plan of getting Tunde to sign the documents had worked and she came to take everything that belongs to the Williams, she got to the gate and knocked, immediately the gate was opened, she pushed the gateman back, asking him why he wasted time in opening the gate for her, she would sack him and employ someone else once she takes over the house. she smiled and knocked on the door of the sitting room, the house maid came out and asked who she was looking for, she eyed her and pushed her out of the way.

"Funmilayo, what is wrong with you?, why did you push her like that?" Mr Williams asked helping the Lady up.

"Is that the way you ask the owner of the house a question?" she asked sitting comfortably on the sofa crossing her leg.

"I don't understand, what do you mean by that?" Williams asked irritated.

"hey maid, get food and wine for me, am starving" she said picking up the news paper on top of the side stool.

"Funmilayo I want you to get yourself out of my house, what rubbish are displaying?" he asked fuming with rage.

"Okay, you want me to break it down for you, am now the owner of your properties, everything you own belong to me now, here is the evidence" she said throwing the documents to him.

Mr Williams was fast enough to catch it, his heart was beating loudly, he brought out the documents one after the other with shaking hands, he shouted slumping on the sofa, how did Kenny make this kind of mistake, he brought out his phone and placed a call to his son.

"Come home right away, there is a big problem, Funmilayo is at it again, get here now" he hung up not bothering to know if Kenny heard what he said or not.

"Calling him here won't erase the signature, will it?" Funmilayo smirked.

"Just shut up, am thinking" he said carrying his head in his hand, he was doomed, he left the documents in Kenny's custody, how did Funmilayo get them? he wondered shaking his head sadly.

"Dad, what happened?, what did the witch do this time?" Kenny asked stotting into the room.

"Everything I worked hard for in life is gone, Kenny am finished" he said bending his head in tears.

"What are you talking about Dad?, I don't understand" Kenny asked relaxed.

"What don't you understand?, I left the documents in your care and you let her take it, how careless were you?" he shouted almost wanting to hit him.

"Relax Dad, what she has are the fake documents, the original documents are safe in my room" Kenny said sitting comfortably on the sofa.

"What are you talking about?, I made Tunde sign those documents, I took them personally from your office, so what are you talking about now?" she asked standing up nervously.

"That was what we wanted you to believe, I intentionally kept the fake documents there, didn't you ask yourself why there is space here for the new owner to sign?" he asked standing up as well to point out his declaration.

"I am not understanding anything here son" Mr Williams asked his face brightening up a bit.

"I will explain Dad, your other son helped" he concluded sitting down again.

A WEEK AGO

"Tunde, what are you doing here?, you traitor" Kenny barked standing up immediately.

"Am not here to cause problems, I just came to tell you an important thing, even though you don't accept me as your brother, I won't mind, but listen to me" Tunde said soberly, it was enough that he was suffering from everything he did, his mother ruined him, she made him hate an innocent man all his life, it was time to correct his mistakes.

"Am waiting to hear what you have to say" he sneered jutting him out from his thoughts.

"I want to apologize first for everything I did, I was a fool to believe my mom, she ruined me, I was blinded by the desire to get revenge that I didn't realize what she was doing to me, if I can turn back the hands of time, I would do it and correct my mistakes, but nevertheless, I can prevent few things from happening, and that is why am here" he said painfully, his voice ladened with guilt.

"Are you done with your recorded speech?" He hissed eyeing him at the same time.

"I came to talk to you about my Mom, she is bitter and with the way she is going about it, it is going to be disastrous, you have to be careful, don't stay out late, tighten the security around your house, make sure you remove any important document in your office, just be careful, I don't know what she plans on doing, but be careful" he said turning to go.

"Wait" Kenny said taking his head up. "Come have a seat" he concluded pointing at a vacant seat.

"Thank you" he replied sitting down.

"Why are you doing this Tunde?, why are you going against your mother?" he asked leaning on the table.

"Because I have realised my mistakes, I have realised that nothing can be achieved through pointless revenge, am tired of helping my mom out in her evil deeds, am just tired, I have not been myself since it all started, all am doing now is righting my wrongs, my mom can not be stopped, she is on loose, she is out for revenge, she wants wealth and power.I was not there when it all happened 26 years ago, and I will no longer be a part of it" he replied feeling sorry.

"I know what to do in order to stop your mother" Kenny said smiling a little.

"What is it? what can be done? he asked interestingly.

" Since she is greedy for wealth, I will prepare fake documents, create a space for the signature of the new owner, and I will keep the files in my office, I will also tell Funmi, once she sees her from the CCTV camera in her office, she should leave the office and go stay somewhere, and as for me, I won't be in the office from now till 14 days, if it doesn't work, I will think of another thing. if she brings the documents home, don't sign it immediately, let her pressure you for long before you sign it, I will do the rest" he said looking carefully at Tunde, to see if he would back down. he wasn't still convinced that he was ready to do such thing.

"No problem, I hope it works, am tired of these whole thing" he said letting out a sigh.

"Alright Kenny, I will be on my way then, thanks for giving me a listening ear" he said moving towards the door.

"Wait" Kenny shouted again standing up, he moved towards Tunde raking his hand through his hair.

"Are you aware that my parents want to start the adoption process?" he asked folding his hands across his chest.

"What?, but your mother, is she really okay with it?" he asked getting confused, was it not the same Mrs Williams that his mom painted black.

"I don't know what happened man, but she is okay with it, she even brought it up herself, I know my Mom and her temper, I just don't know what happened to her" he concluded leaning on the wall.

"Am not really after the fame, or the money, or anything at all, I just want to correct my mistakes that's all, and once everything is done, I will relocate to another place, where I can have peace and Joy" he replied covering his face with his palm.

"You will do no such thing, my parents have started the adoption process already, you are my brother, and funmi is my sister, we are all family, so you are not relocating to anywhere, you are a Williams blood" He warned eyeing Tunde.

"Thank you so much, after everything I did, you still want me as a part of your family, thank you" he said kneeling on one knee.

"Are you mad? what are you doing?, common stand up from there, younger bro" he said giving him a wink.

"So, will you like to start over as my brother?" he asked yet again bringing his hand for a handshake.

"Yes I will, big bro" he smiled giving him a hug, he will cherish the moment forever.

PRESENT

"So Dad, relax, nothing has gone wrong" Kenny said smiling.

"So you mean my own son plotted against me?, against his own mother?, lobatan, what is still remaining" she said hopelessly standing up.

"Kenny my boy, I knew it that you are so smart, omekannaya" Mr Williams said patting his back

"It is not yet over, Williams, I will be back" Funmilayo said heading towards the door.

"Not so fast madam, you are under arrest for attempted murder on one Mrs Margaret Johnson, 26 years ago, for conniving with the doctor to feed her with drugs bad for her health, for trespassing, for theft, for kidnap, you will have to remain silent because anything you say will be used against you in the court of law" one of the Two policemen standing at the doorway said handcuffing her.

"I called the police Dad" Kenny said when he saw the surprised expression on his father's face.

"Officers, take her away" he concluded finally grinning.

1 Like

Re: Mended Hearts by Preshbeauty(f): 4:51pm On Oct 08, 2018
OP OP, well done. but you for kill that Funmilayo, make she rest. nansance
more grease to your elbow
Re: Mended Hearts by yewande1234(f): 4:55pm On Oct 08, 2018
Op u are too much **kisses**
Re: Mended Hearts by damselposh(f): 5:21pm On Oct 08, 2018
Preshbeauty:
OP OP, well done.
but you for kill that Funmilayo, make she rest. nansance

more grease to your elbow

thanks so much for reading, but story still dey come, relax and enjoy the show lol wink

1 Like

Re: Mended Hearts by damselposh(f): 5:21pm On Oct 08, 2018
yewande1234:
Op u are too much **kisses**
thanks for reading

1 Like

Re: Mended Hearts by Ann2012(f): 5:28pm On Oct 08, 2018
I pray Funmilayo rots in jail

Well done OP
Re: Mended Hearts by queenitee(f): 5:35pm On Oct 08, 2018
Awwwn

1 Like

Re: Mended Hearts by damselposh(f): 6:10pm On Oct 08, 2018
Ann2012:
I pray Funmilayo rots in jail
Well done OP
thanks for reading
Re: Mended Hearts by damselposh(f): 6:11pm On Oct 08, 2018
queenitee:
Awwwn
lol grin
Re: Mended Hearts by damselposh(f): 6:11pm On Oct 08, 2018
queenitee:
Awwwn
lol grin
Re: Mended Hearts by skubido(m): 8:24pm On Oct 08, 2018
Lobatan fun Funmilayo oooo..

OP tanks for the update, wagbayiii

1 Like

Re: Mended Hearts by damselposh(f): 9:26pm On Oct 08, 2018
skubido:
Lobatan fun Funmilayo oooo..

OP tanks for the update, wagbayiii

lol thanks for reading

1 Like

Re: Mended Hearts by Preshbeauty(f): 5:44pm On Oct 09, 2018
OP, I have been refreshing this page this morning hoping to see an update, I hope you are okay sha. Jah bless
Re: Mended Hearts by damselposh(f): 9:33am On Oct 10, 2018
Preshbeauty:
OP, I have been refreshing this page this morning hoping to see an update, I hope you are okay sha. Jah bless

thanks for your concern, am okay, I will update soon

1 Like

Re: Mended Hearts by damselposh(f): 10:53am On Oct 10, 2018
"Spark and Host has been caught" James said dropping his phone on his table.

"How? who caught them?" Gabriel said getting confused.

"Kong led them right into a trap and they got caught, now Anny, it is time to hear all you have to tell me" he said turning to face her.

"I have nothing to say" she said looking away, why was she suddenly feeling shy in front of him? has she fallen in love with him?, she wondered, she doesn't know what love felt like, master had warned them not to fall in love until the mission was over.

"What do you mean by that?, you think we don't know that you are behind the murder of the two business men?" Gabriel asked now flaring up.

"Calm down Gabby, you don't have to be harsh" James said still looking closely at the girl, he knew that she had many things to say, but something was stopping her from pouring them out.

"Which murder are you talking about?" she asked feigning innocent.

"Let me fully introduce myself, I am inspector James from the divisional headquarters Owerri and this is Gabriel from the forensic department, we have investigated this case and we already know that you escaped from the CLAVE and you killed two of their founders, just cooperate with us and tell us what we want to know" James said now getting serious.

"Wait, you are policemen? and you didn't tell me?, am getting out of here now" she said standing up, it was a good thing she had put little money in her trouser pocket before rushing off with them.

"You are not going anywhere until you answer my questions, I got shot because of you" James said getting up as well.

"Well, I had to kill them, they were ruining people's lives and am not regretting killing them" she sneered tapping her foot on the tiled floor, James had brought them to a bungalow, fully arranged, she wondered how he was able achieve all that within such short notice.

"Sit down and let's talk" James ordered.

"I prefer standing" she said still tapping her foot on the floor.

"okay, what was their offence?, why did you kill them?" James asked relaxing on the sofa.

"Am not done with the killing, what they are doing is barbaric" she said through gritted teeth.

"Then tell us what they did?" Gabriel shouted at her, she was wasting their time.

"they gather young girls with the disguise of giving them jobs, they ship them to different countries for prostitution and other things, they deserve to die" she shouted back.

"Wait, wait, no wonder I saw names of different ladies right from 1992 to 2018, that means they started it 26 years ago, oh my god" James shouted carrying his head with his hand

"I had hopes of working and taking care of my poor parents back in the village, when I saw the advert, I went to the company on the day of the interview, we were told to go that they would send us text messages, on the second day, I noticed that we were only ladies, but because we were desperate to get a job we didn't ask any questions, Spark and Host shared snacks and drinks to us and that was the last thing we remembered, I woke up to see myself in a locked room, we were 5 in the room, we didn't know what happened until we overheard someone talking on phone about which country we were to be shipped to, I waited for them to sleep. and as a daughter of a locksmith, I picked the lock with my hairpin and escaped with the other girls in the room, I couldn't save others so we left them there, we went to the police station to report, they chased us away, they didn't do anything about it, we were scared that we went into hiding until a man contacted us, asking us if we want revenge on those people that hurt us, the man gathered the 5 of us and thought us how to kill with just fork and hairpin, I can even kill someone with my earrings, before each operation, we lace the weapons with a deadly poison that weakens the victim before slowly killing him/her" she concluded balling her fist in anger.

"now I know why you were so courageous in going against the CLAVE, you have a backup, who is he?, the man that taught you all those things" James asked really getting confused about everything.

"Am sorry, I can't tell you that, the master will kill me" she said sighing.

"We are going back to Owerri this minute, we need to interrogate Tobi and Max" James said standing up, he would handle Anny later, and he would find out who the master was.

1 Like

Re: Mended Hearts by queenitee(f): 11:05am On Oct 10, 2018
Oga o

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (21) (Reply)

Unwanted- Safarigirl / The Adventure Of Corper John / Price of heartbreak (CLUELESS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.