Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,576 members, 7,823,506 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? (13164 Views)

Never Date At Your Place Of Work / Lady Sacked On Her First Day Of Work After Asking Her Boss This / How Depressed Do You Feel In Your Current Place Of Work? Part II (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by faith551(m): 6:59am On Sep 17, 2018
Believe me, sitting at home is more depressing.

27 Likes

Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by udoka55555: 7:00am On Sep 17, 2018
left my old job.....now looking for job....
team job seekers let's gather here for group pics

8 Likes

Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by vicben27(m): 7:00am On Sep 17, 2018
l can only get Depressed when am at home doing nothing. Work is always awsome when am busy. l Love working my ass off. it's beautiful when you can create something wonderful out of ur imagination.

4 Likes

Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by ayoekklesia(m): 7:01am On Sep 17, 2018
Monday is like a judgement day for me.
Free Wi-Fi and good colleagues are the only source of motivation. Salary no point at all

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by Nobody: 7:01am On Sep 17, 2018
grayht:
Team self employed!
Let's gather for selfie

4 Likes

Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by id4sho(m): 7:01am On Sep 17, 2018
flyca:
I don't like my job that much. Pay is good, environment is good, working conditions are good, colleagues are good but...... cry
hmmm, This is a verified VILLAGE people case.

1 Like

Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by Viking007(m): 7:03am On Sep 17, 2018
junbi:
99% depressed
Dishonest job description and confused organization
I wish today is Friday embarassed
Exactly how I feel. Unfortunately, I'm on my way to work.

4 Likes

Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by numen(m): 7:03am On Sep 17, 2018
Pipedreams:
Its monday morning and am motionless. God when will you make me financially free? My work depresses me no rest even n saturday. Banks should take it easy on front office staff abeg. What i hear daily is Target this and that, fee this profit that. My female boss always shouting and threatening daily cos of mad pressure from above. Chai its a new week God gimme strength. embarassed

This is the reason I recently resigned my job as a Banker. Unnecessarily mad pressure with no job satisfaction!

Now am free! Today is monday and am cuddling my baby girl without a fork to give grin

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by 360great(m): 7:06am On Sep 17, 2018
Every sunday evening I have to start crying because the next day is Monday, the work pressure is just hell, financial institution Is not a place I would suggest to my enemy to work. The manner & which you are shouted on is out of this world

13 Likes

Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by flyca: 7:06am On Sep 17, 2018
Olatara:
Your boss is wicked and money is small.
Silly!

1 Like

Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by pahen1991: 7:07am On Sep 17, 2018
I need financial freedom lord.

3 Likes

Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by Divay22(f): 7:09am On Sep 17, 2018
Sometime
Other times i just wave it off. But I'm always happy when it's just few days to month end, my pay and my count down to leaving gets closer.

4 Likes

Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by JohnQueen(m): 7:11am On Sep 17, 2018
In my head I'm always screaming "I bleeping hate my bleeping job". Always having this thought of quitting, which is imminent anyways. It's just sad we always have to settle for less cos of a lack of better options.

5 Likes

Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by Tozara(m): 7:21am On Sep 17, 2018
If you are always depressed at your work place, it's because you're a slave, working for another, not yourself.

No one can be depressed if they're doing what they love.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by MissOpe(f): 7:24am On Sep 17, 2018
nelronaldo:
I am literally crying...
Sorry my dear....That's the state we have found ourselves....

1 Like

Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by Dejiy10(m): 7:27am On Sep 17, 2018
It's only been a couple of months that I have been doing full time salary work..and boy, I am tired. Pressure. Traffic, and employers can use fresh graduates like a rag..

I'm driven by the knowledge that it's just a phase. My goal keeps me moving..so I can smile in the face of everything. Forward ever.

P. S: If you are in school, and you're one of those saying "I'm tired, can't wait to be done and get a job", My friend, better enjoy..you'll soon wish for that freedom again

21 Likes

Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by Bsmartt(m): 7:33am On Sep 17, 2018
The scammed job description is my major concern. Employers are just exploiting the vulnerable employees. I have been a victim of the false job description syndrome on three different occasions. The major factor is your mind as an employee. Just try and have a cordial relationship with your colleagues at work. This will relief you of the stress at work and also reduce or prevent depression.

1 Like

Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by Holluwaphlexy(m): 7:34am On Sep 17, 2018
Offpoint:
My workplace is my bed and my PC is my tool...and my sanity and peace of mind is intact.

Reasons for not longer interested in working under someone:

*Anger issues "I slapped my manager twice, fought my boss once, punch my co-worker in the face for lying against me, pushed my boss wife down a staircase for insulting me in the presence of a client[ police station we ended later"
was once placed at customer care desk, and that lasted for just 2 hours (I really don't wanna talk about what happened, but some customers are pain in the azz.. rude, inpatient, uncultured, egocentric, psychos, frustrated souls etc)

Don't judge me, I'm introvertic in nature, I can endure shít for long but once I've had enough... Hell has no fury like a pissed offpoint.

If you're reading this, get any IT or just any reasonable skill- get a business idea, don't just rely on another man's job cuz your future is not promised and your sanity you may lose.

Don't wanna talk about marketing department of some firm with unrealistic target like I was supposed to force people into buying what they don't need. they'll budget 20 naira for advertisement and expect 5 billion.... nonsense.

Its like you know the kinda situation I am right now,this work is attacking me psychologically,marketing work with target without going for the field work is really hectic..... One is very much probe to depression in this my work

3 Likes

Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by Hoodbilonia: 7:34am On Sep 17, 2018
soonnu go smash your pc
you need help
niggi
Offpoint:
My workplace is my bed and my PC is my tool...and my sanity and peace of mind is intact.

Reasons for not longer interested in working under someone:

*Anger issues "I slapped my manager twice, fought my boss once, punch my co-worker in the face for lying against me, pushed my boss wife down a staircase for insulting me in the presence of a client[ police station we ended later"
was once placed at customer care desk, and that lasted for just 2 hours (I really don't wanna talk about what happened, but some customers are pain in the azz.. rude, inpatient, uncultured, egocentric, psychos, frustrated souls etc)

Don't judge me, I'm introvertic in nature, I can endure shít for long but once I've had enough... Hell has no fury like a pissed offpoint.

If you're reading this, get any IT or just any reasonable skill- get a business idea, don't just rely on another man's job cuz your future is not promised and your sanity you may lose.

Don't wanna talk about marketing department of some firm with unrealistic target like I was supposed to force people into buying what they don't need. they'll budget 20 naira for advertisement and expect 5 billion.... nonsense.
Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by junbi(f): 7:35am On Sep 17, 2018
udemzy101:

LOL,funny, but today is Monday.

That's how bad e dey do me lipsrsealed
Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by Opynion: 7:36am On Sep 17, 2018
I ain't having enough task that befits my qualification. I only crave for more experience which am not getting. Pay is little but I'm not complaining, boss is equally nice - the only reason am still here

2 Likes

Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by junbi(f): 7:36am On Sep 17, 2018
illitrate:

Haaa you are here, fired.

Lol fire me to a better job biko
Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by junbi(f): 7:38am On Sep 17, 2018
Viking007:
Exactly how I feel. Unfortunately, I'm on my way to work.

What to do
Sad sad situation!
Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by MissOpe(f): 7:38am On Sep 17, 2018
numen:

This is the reason I recently resigned my job as a Banker. Unnecessarily mad pressure with no job satisfaction!

Now am free! Today is monday and am cuddling my baby girl without a fork to give grin

But for how long will you get to cuddle.....
Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by Printerscanner: 7:39am On Sep 17, 2018
I do not want to say one thing now and my oga at the top will later say another thing. I don't know how many people know my Nairaland id in my work place. One thing I am sure is that about 85% of workers in Nigeria don't like their jobs but cannot leave because there is unemployment in the country.

14 Likes

Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by Offpoint: 7:40am On Sep 17, 2018
Holluwaphlexy:

Its like you know the kinda situation I am right now,this work is attacking me psychologically,marketing work with target without going for the field work is really hectic..... One is very much probe to depression in this my work

I've been there my brother, you're not wrong at your last line... when you realize it'll go on like forever - you'll crashed down to depression.

Get a skill brother, save as much as you can - quit and start something.
Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by Offpoint: 7:44am On Sep 17, 2018
Hoodbilonia:
soonnu go smash your pc you need help niggi
I've done that twice, the azzhole was freezing and hanging on me.
Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by showafrica(m): 7:44am On Sep 17, 2018
Lubebay:

Are you a student, or graduate looking for self-employment, or you are a stay at home Mum, or someone looking for something to engage in? or a worker who needs a part-time business? or you want to make extra income? Then you are the one we are looking for.

Boxers Business is a very profitable business to do, with less than NGN10,000 you can start your own business and within a month you would have made triple profit.

We are offering high quality 100% real cotton boxer minimum of 25 peices.

A boxers in the market sell for 200 and Banana Republic goes between 300-350 depending on your location.

Both products are of high quality and we deliver to you Nationwide
√Banana Republic 25pcs @ NGN350= NGN 8,250
√ Normal boxers 25pcs @ NGN240=NGN6000

Note: The boxers stated above are not the boxers Aboki/Mallam are selling.

For more enquiries: blessing.a.bankole@gmail.com or Call +234-814-658-2471

Do you have XXXL ordinary boxers? I don't like that banana stuff, it always hold my JT tight. I want something extra extra extra free on me. If possible elastic for a fatty bumbum like Rick Ross.

1 Like

Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by jaxxy(m): 7:48am On Sep 17, 2018
Well back then on my regular 9-5 which was more like 7.30-8/9. When I get depressed I enter work mode and I forget wat depression is I’m just like a robot then till I leave the damn office. Lol

1 Like

Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by OpenYourEyes1: 7:49am On Sep 17, 2018
Nigerians deserve more.
If not for the chronic tribalism and self-centeredness you guys would have gotten what you want.
Why don't you protest this difficulties?

As for me, I have decided to dedicate my life solving this country's madness. I don't need to be a politician(God forbid) to achieve my Goals.

The suffering breaks my heart. Imagine kids hawking everywhere yet no one is saying nothing, not even the wicked souls in governments.

3 Likes

Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by durableking: 7:55am On Sep 17, 2018
really depresed

1 Like

Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by Viking007(m): 7:56am On Sep 17, 2018
360great:
Every sunday evening I have to start crying because the next day is Monday, the work pressure is just hell, financial institution Is not a place I would suggest to my enemy to work. The manner & which you are shouted on is out of this world
cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Eric Osagie Resigns As Sun Newspaper MD / Should Your Subordinate's Salary Be Higher Than Yours For Any Reason? / Survival Strategy For Abuja Civil Servants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.