Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,151 members, 7,953,565 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:10 PM

How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? (13393 Views)

Never Date At Your Place Of Work / Lady Sacked On Her First Day Of Work After Asking Her Boss This / How Depressed Do You Feel In Your Current Place Of Work? Part II (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by sleemzy96(f): 12:52pm On Sep 17, 2018
junbi:
99% depressed
Dishonest job description and confused organization

I wish today is Friday embarassed
I was a victim. i left the third day. And the AC in the reception was always super cold.
I was told to resume without knowing the salary yet. I was told the salarying on wednesday and i was totally pissed off. I was expected to do the duties of a front desk officer, graphics designer and digital marketer for a merger sum. And i was to resume 9 to 7. I will work extra hours if needed and come most saturdays. And i still had to sign some annoying documents with cruel terms and conditions. I realized that was slavery and i resigned immediately. I will rather improve my skills and comtinue my freelancing that do that kinda work.

Most Nigerian companies steal ur life and freedom. My advice to anyone, degree or no degree, get a skill. especially computer related skills. I will advice anyone not to waste money and time in university sef. Train urselfs with resources online or pay to acquire skills. And if anyone still wants to go to the university, learn a skill along side right from ur day one.

There are many jobless graduates but you can't be jobless with a badass skill.

4 Likes

Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by boyjo: 12:54pm On Sep 17, 2018
Offpoint:

you believe say e fit be one work place? na different places naw

Thank you jare.
Na naw my mind cool down.
You too dey vex, wetin!? grin grin

I like people like you sha, once una love person, e go sweet grin
Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by Offpoint: 1:00pm On Sep 17, 2018
boyjo:

Thank you jare. Na naw my mind cool down. You too dey vex, wetin!? grin grin
I like people like you sha, once una love person, e go sweet grin
gringrin I no like person dey feel like dem own my life cuz I dey work for dem
Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by boyjo: 1:03pm On Sep 17, 2018
Offpoint:

gringrin I no like person dey feel like dem own my life cuz I dey work for dem

Okay you go need to save, start your own, leave working-for-people be that grin
Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by junbi(f): 1:19pm On Sep 17, 2018
sleemzy96:

I was a victim. i left the third day. And the AC in the reception was always super cold.
I was told to resume without knowing the salary yet. I was told the salarying on wednesday and i was totally pissed off. I was expected to do the duties of a front desk officer, graphics designer and digital marketer for a merger sum. And i was to resume 9 to 7. I will work extra hours if needed and come most saturdays. And i still had to sign some annoying documents with cruel terms and conditions. I realized that was slavery and i resigned immediately. I will rather improve my skills and comtinue my freelancing that do that kinda work.

Most Nigerian companies steal ur life and freedom. My advice to anyone, degree or no degree, get a skill. especially computer related skills. I will advice anyone not to waste money and time in university sef. Train urselfs with resources online or pay to acquire skills. And if anyone still wants to go to the university, learn a skill along side right from ur day one.

Imagine!

These companies are just deceitful, yes it's not easy to set up and run a business today, but why frustrate young people!

The frustration I feel is so frustrating.
I just console myself that I'd leave by year end whether I get a better Job or not (even tho I may end up not leaving)pathetic undecided

What do you freelance in?
Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by Offpoint: 1:27pm On Sep 17, 2018
boyjo:

Okay you go need to save, start your own, leave working-for-people be that grin
I Don stop teytey
Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by boyjo: 1:39pm On Sep 17, 2018
Offpoint:

I Don stop teytey

Oshe baba!! grin
Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by sleemzy96(f): 1:40pm On Sep 17, 2018
junbi:

Imagine!

These companies are just deceitful, yes it's not easy to set up and run a business today, but why frustrate young people!:

The frustration I feel is so frustrating.
I just console myself that I'd leave by year end whether I get a better Job or not (even tho I may end up not leaving)pathetic undecided

What do you freelance in?

Graphics design. white board animation. I also work with startups. I am currently participqting in the digital marketing internship by hotels.ng . I am also taking a free pyton course on edx. I am considering data science

3 Likes

Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by sleemzy96(f): 1:42pm On Sep 17, 2018
Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by specialson11: 1:48pm On Sep 17, 2018
Offpoint:

I've done that twice, the azzhole was freezing and hanging on me.

Offpoint, Offpoint, Offpoint.
How many time I call you?
Yeah three times.

One day you go make us proud. Try work as a P.A to one most hated president or governor... cheesy you know what I mean wink
Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by Vintagee: 1:50pm On Sep 17, 2018
ImaIma1:

I feel you...plus those countless storms on Saturday...MPR, EMS. The targets are enough to reduce one's lifespan because of thinking.

I am glad to be free from the shackles of banking.The "armed robber" salary isn't worth the mental and general stress especially when you are in the branch.
Lolss...I can imagine where u worked with ur mention of storm and ems. It is well
Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by Offpoint: 1:53pm On Sep 17, 2018
specialson11:

Offpoint, Offpoint, Offpoint.
How many time I call you?
Yeah three times.

One day you go make us proud. Try work as a P.A to one most hated president or governor... cheesy you know what I mean wink
Yeah, strangle the idiot till he choke to death... that's like piece of cake to mecheesy
Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by Laduet(f): 2:14pm On Sep 17, 2018
Very depressed.

3 Likes

Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by ImaIma1(f): 2:19pm On Sep 17, 2018
Pipedreams:

Hehe EMS. Where u in diamond bank before? I worked there before my current place. I wan die for there. Stressful bank

Lol...you were in diamond bank too!! Nice. Really stressful to work.
Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by newoffer: 2:29pm On Sep 17, 2018
salary job is slavery
Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by Eastboi(m): 2:45pm On Sep 17, 2018
My boss is fond of sacking his employees
Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by anayolity: 3:33pm On Sep 17, 2018
Laduet:
Very depressed. Depression is an understatement compared to how I feel each time I step into the office.
Just returned to work after a month break. Immediately I woke up in the morning, I felt so sad. Suicidal thoughts crossed my mind, i think about it quite often these days but I know I don't have the balls for it. It will bring unimaginable pain to my loved ones and I don't want to subject them to such pain.
So the first thing I googled this morning is "reasons not to commit suicide".
Am good at hiding this feeling, everyone thinks am happy.

Dont ever let your work kill you.... you will get there you will succeed, everyone has a story to tell.

1 Like

Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by ayobarmy(m): 3:46pm On Sep 17, 2018
adetoroamos:
which printing machine do you operate, cord or half cord?

Lol which one be half Kord Again?

I am operating Anything Mo Movp mozp and all kinds of MO
Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Sep 17, 2018
ayobarmy:

Lol which one be half Kord Again?

I am operating Anything Mo Movp mozp and all kinds of MO
thats cord now lol, I have the half size here that I own myself and work aren't showing here
Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by harriet412(f): 4:26pm On Sep 17, 2018
cry cry cry I want a good job with a good pay
Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by ayobarmy(m): 4:30pm On Sep 17, 2018
adetoroamos:
thats cord now lol, I have the half size here that I own myself and work aren't showing here
You must be talking about Gto, because I don't know any machine by the name, half kord
Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Sep 17, 2018
ayobarmy:

You must be talking about Gto, because I don't know any machine by the name, half kord
yeah
Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by ayobarmy(m): 4:51pm On Sep 17, 2018
adetoroamos:
yeah
.. kk
But Gto is cool nah, but depending on ur location.. where the machine dey?
Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Sep 17, 2018
ayobarmy:
.. kk
But Gto is cool nah, but depending on ur location.. where the machine dey?
osun state here in ile-ife. D business here is dull
Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by boyjo: 5:08pm On Sep 17, 2018
Offpoint:

I Don stop teytey

Okay o, as you no waste time grin
Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by ayobarmy(m): 5:11pm On Sep 17, 2018
adetoroamos:
osun state here in ile-ife. D business here is dull

I have never been to Osun state though, but i think you should ask where printing is selling over there, maybe changing location might be of help
Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Sep 17, 2018
ayobarmy:

I have never been to Osun state though, but i think you should ask where printing is selling over there, maybe changing location might be of help
am just new here though, and I think I don't fancy operating the machine anymore but wanna base on my computer skill now. just bought the machine to keep my money
Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by junbi(f): 5:37pm On Sep 17, 2018
sleemzy96:

Graphics design. white board animation. I also work with startups. I am currently participqting in the digital marketing internship by hotels.ng . I am also taking a free pyton course on edx. I am considering data science

Wow! Awesome
Can we be friends cheesy I may need to tap in to ya ministry!
Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by ayobarmy(m): 5:57pm On Sep 17, 2018
adetoroamos:
am just new here though, and I think I don't fancy operating the machine anymore but wanna base on my computer skill now. just bought the machine to keep my money

Ok then, best of luck bro
Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by Offpoint: 6:03pm On Sep 17, 2018
boyjo:

Okay o, as you no waste time grin
na so
Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Sep 17, 2018
sleemzy96:

you are absolutely correct!
going to the University now in Nigeria without having a skill is not advisable at all, due to the increase in unemployment rate in this country, I just feel as if I am also regretting while I made such mistake..

1 Like

Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by Mrceejay: 8:53pm On Sep 17, 2018
Just imagine working under an Indian boss, its HELL. You can neither sit nor stand, if there's no work just walk be walking around.. Crazy set of ppu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Recapitalization: Jobs Losses Loom As Nigerian Banks Battle To Escape Extinction / How To Meet Your Heroes And Get Them To Partner With You In Career / Should Your Subordinate's Salary Be Higher Than Yours For Any Reason?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.