Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,935 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

Spain Vs Germany: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Semis - Sports (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Spain Vs Germany: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Semis (16703 Views)

Poll: Who Proceeds To the Finals?

Germany: 59% (50 votes)
Spain: 40% (34 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 / Spain Vs Italy - Confederations Cup (7 - 6) On Pens On 27th June 2013 / Spain Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (10 - 0) On 20th June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Spain Vs Germany: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Semis by dayokanu(m): 11:09pm On Jul 07, 2010
wizsultan:

wat do u expect from a player that hasnt touchd ball in 3months?
Dont u get it? this guy isn't fit

Ronaldo Lima hardly touched the ball in 2 years before he came to score 8 goals in japan Korea, Klose was benched permanently at Bayern yet he has 4 goals

Torres is dud, No wonder he was benched. How can you play in front of the most creative midfield in the world and have 23 goals in over 70 games? Comepare to Villa or even Morientes who played for striker for a poorer Spanish midfield
Re: Spain Vs Germany: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Semis by wizsultan: 11:10pm On Jul 07, 2010
~Sauron~:

The final is 50-50. . . . . .
Either of the them can win it. It won't be a disgrace if Holland loses to Spain and vice versa.
They are the 2 best teams in the world cup playing offensive football.

Torres could be shyte for Spain but he's better than any German striker in the last 2 decades.

Germany hardly had the ball. . . . . .I dunno how you still believe Muller woulda changed your fortunes tonight.
He played well when Germany bossed possession in the previous matches. He woulda been a pedestrian tonight like his team-mates.
How many chances did y'all cop on the night? I can only remember Kroos firing at close range from a cross - apart from that you're struggling.

Ronaldo has shyte stats for Portugal but he's the most dangerous forward player in the world.
Messi hasn't scored for Argentina in the last 12 games or so. He's better than all the German players in the last half century.

Some players are NOT cut to perform for National Teams but they are worth more than the Mullers, Kloses, and Bastians of this world.

GBAM!!!
u sabi footie well well,
bunch of terrible analyst are in here
Re: Spain Vs Germany: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Semis by medjai(m): 11:10pm On Jul 07, 2010
Spain will win the world cup mos def. Spain will approach the final tension free and that will really help 'em. Spain as a team are content with just playing in the semis. They've eliminated the mental clog of being tagged underachievers. History is goin to be made come the 11th. A new world cup winner and for the first time, a European team will win the world cup outside Europe.
Re: Spain Vs Germany: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Semis by wizsultan: 11:15pm On Jul 07, 2010
dayokanu:

Ronaldo Lima hardly touched the ball in 2 years before he came to score 8 goals in japan Korea, [b]Klose was benched permanently [/b]at Bayern yet he has 4 goals

Torres is dud, No wonder he was benched. How can you play in front of the most creative midfield in the world and have 23 goals in over 70 games? Comepare to Villa or even Morientes who played for striker for a poorer Spanish midfield

Ronaldo Lima hardly touched the ball in 2 years
and did he back to score those goals straight from injury?
my guy, bn injured is different from bn benched!!!
Re: Spain Vs Germany: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Semis by mamagee3(f): 11:17pm On Jul 07, 2010
wizsultan:

and did he back to score those goals straight from injury?

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Spain Vs Germany: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Semis by dayokanu(m): 11:19pm On Jul 07, 2010
wizsultan:

GBAM!!!
u sabi footie well well,
bunch of terrible analyst are in here

Torres 2 world cups --- goals

Muller 1 world cup 4 goals

Stats dont lie. I wont even mention Kloses record one goal behind Ronaldo Lima

Tell me any striker for a top country who has less than 25 goals in over 70 appearances, he has been playing fr Spain for 7 years 2 yrs more than Villa and yet he cant match even Morientes record.

Was he injured for those 7 years he has been wearning number 9 for Spain?
Re: Spain Vs Germany: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Semis by wizsultan: 11:20pm On Jul 07, 2010
wizsultan:

and did he come back to score those goals straight from injury?
Re: Spain Vs Germany: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Semis by dayokanu(m): 11:21pm On Jul 07, 2010
wizsultan:

and did he come back to score those goals straight from injury?

Ronaldo came back from a 2 yr injury break, He wasnt fully fit and was overweight, yet he scored 8 goals, Robben just recovered less than 2 weeks ago from hamstring and has 2 goals in 2 starts
Re: Spain Vs Germany: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Semis by medjai(m): 11:26pm On Jul 07, 2010
dayo, torres has scored in the world cup. Infact, he scored Spains first goal in germany 2006
Re: Spain Vs Germany: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Semis by mamagee3(f): 11:27pm On Jul 07, 2010
^^Here we are talking of 2010 FIFA world cup and you're talking of 2006.

You must be living in a cave hence not knowing that the tournament is going on.
Re: Spain Vs Germany: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Semis by AloyEmeka5: 11:28pm On Jul 07, 2010

The douche bag who ran into the field during the game.
Re: Spain Vs Germany: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Semis by mamagee3(f): 11:29pm On Jul 07, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

grin grin grin grin
Re: Spain Vs Germany: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Semis by Sauron1: 11:30pm On Jul 07, 2010
dayokanu:

Was Oleg Salenko better than Maradona in 1994?
Was Salenko better than Dennis Bergkamp in the same tourney?

Any retard with a purple patch can come to the world cup and score goals - it has nothing to do with their true value.
The real worth is in the domestic leagues in Europe - where one cannot hide cos it runs for full 9 mths, not a competition of one month.

Klose that cannot start games for a useless club like Bayern Munich but has scored plenty goals in this tourney - does that make him better than Cristiano Ronaldo?

Tell me any striker for a top country who has less than 25 goals in over 70 appearances, he has been playing fr Spain for 7 years 2 yrs more than Villa and yet he cant match even Morientes record.

Torres is better than any German striker in the last 20 yrs.
That is ALL i know. Whether he has 1 goal in 200 games does not mean shyte.

Was Messi injured when he played 12 consecutive games for Argentina without scoring?
Is Muller better than Messi?
Re: Spain Vs Germany: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Semis by dayokanu(m): 11:39pm On Jul 07, 2010
medjai:

dayo, torres has scored in the world cup. Infact, he scored Spains first goal in germany 2006

How many goals does he have in about 10 world cup game and compare him to 20yr old Thomas Muller, Not Klose o Ordinary Muller.

Was Oleg Salenko better than Maradona in 1994?
Was Salenko better than Dennis Bergkamp in the same tourney?

Get some perspective Maradona was a midfielder Salenko was a striker, Soon you would ask if Salenko was better than Peter Rufai. Maradonas job is not to score while the only job of Fernando Torres is to score goals

Any retard with a purple patch can come to the world cup and score goals - it has nothing to do with their true value.
The real worth is in the domestic leagues in Europe - where one cannot hide cos it runs for full 9 mths, not a competition of one month.

Two attempts at a world cup fro torres, tell us his record, If I play as a striker for Spain in front of Xavi, Fabregas, Iniesta and Alonzo, I would score at least 3 goals

Klose that cannot start games for a useless club like Bayern Munich but has scored plenty goals in this tourney - does that make him better than Cristiano Ronaldo?

Klose was highest goal scorer in a world cup, Highest goal scorer in a league, tell us about Torres he couldnt even top scorers chart in an ordinary Confederations cup or was he injured then too?

Torres is better than any German striker in the last 20 yrs.
That is ALL i know. Whether he has 1 goal in 200 games does not mean shyte.

Villa outscored him in Euro 2008, COnfed 2009, Mundial 2010. They play for the same team so whats Torres excuse for the horrible stats.

Tell me one single regular striker for a top footballing nation that has such dismal record.

Was Messi injured when he played 12 consecutive games for Argentina without scoring?
Is Muller better than Messi?

Was Messi top striker for Argentina, Did messi have Iniesta, Xavi and Fabregas supplying him with passes? Torres was top striker for Spain the most creative force in the world
Re: Spain Vs Germany: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Semis by wizsultan: 11:43pm On Jul 07, 2010
dayokanu:

Ronaldo came back from a 2 yr injury break, He wasnt fully fit and was overweight, yet he scored 8 goals, Robben just recovered less than 2 weeks ago from hamstring and has 2 goals in 2 starts
dayokanu:

your stats are right and true,
but one thing u should understand is that most times a team style of play as a whole, influences some certain players,
y do u think german players esp strikers dont do well 4 their clubs,
any sensibl striker wil fit into the german's counter attack style

watch football and forget stat,
take spain 4 example, due to their present style of play, spanish strikers must b very patient b4 they can get the ball,the build up is real slow, and thats the reason they dont score more than two goals most times, (aw many times do u see villa wit d ball, and aw many times has he scored as a lone striker in this tornament)
henry complained in his first 3 months bout their cautious style of play unlike the direct  style played in premiership,

wat dd klose, poldi achieve in their clubs?
messi couldnt even get a goal too but assists,
rooney was terribl but in club, he is clinical
c. ronaldo nko?

a team's style is a great influence oga mi, watch football rather than stat!!!
Re: Spain Vs Germany: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Semis by Gunnaz007: 11:48pm On Jul 07, 2010
OMG shocked shocked shocked , GAYO-IDIOT DON CRAZE OOOH!!! WITH NEW USERNAME; DEFINITELY MUST BE A BANNED DUDE/GAL angry

GAYO-IDIOT, please dont spoil one's eyes with those thousandth smileys up there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
Re: Spain Vs Germany: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Semis by Sauron1: 11:51pm On Jul 07, 2010
dayokanu:

Get some perspective Maradona was a midfielder Salenko was a striker, Soon you would ask if Salenko was better than Peter Rufai. Maradonas job is not to score while the only job of Fernando Torres is to score goals.

Wesley Sneijder's performance in this tourney has rendered your argument useless. . . . . . .
Maradona was a supporting striker in 94. . . . .He wasn't a midfielder. Go and watch the tournament again.

Two attempts at a world cup fro torres, tell us his record, If I play as a striker for Spain in front of Xavi, Fabregas, Iniesta and Alonzo, I would score at least 3 goals

How many goals has Leo Messi scored for Argentina in the last 2 world cup tournaments. . . . .
Is Muller better than Messi? Answer that question.

Klose was highest goal scorer in a world cup, Highest goal scorer in a league, tell us about Torres he couldnt even top scorers chart in an ordinary Confederations cup or was he injured then too?

Bundesliga is a shyte league. If Klose scores 200 goals in Germany, it's worth only 20 goals in the Premiership.
I don't need stats to know Torres shytes on Miroslav Klose's whole lineage in football. El Nino is that good.

Villa outscored him in Euro 2008, COnfed 2009, Mundial 2010. They play for the same team so whats Torres excuse for the horrible stats.

Stop lying - Villa did NOT outscore in Confed 2009.
They both tied on 3 goals EACH.

Tell me one single regular striker for a top footballing nation that has such dismal record.

Kaka
Messi
Ronaldo
Rooney(until the last WCQ).

Was Messi top striker for Argentina, Did messi have Iniesta, Xavi and Fabregas supplying him with passes? Torres was top striker for Spain the most creative force in the world

Is Messi the top striker in Barcelona? Was Ronaldo the top striker in Man Utd when he copped 42 goals in 48 apps.
Is Sneijder the top striker in Holland - the highest goal scorer in the mundial?

Dayo, go and take a breather.
Re: Spain Vs Germany: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Semis by mamagee3(f): 11:53pm On Jul 07, 2010
dayokanu:

Messi is overrated. . .Torres isn't that great anymore.
Re: Spain Vs Germany: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Semis by dayokanu(m): 11:54pm On Jul 07, 2010
your stats are right and true,
but one thing u should understand is that most times a team style of play as a whole, influences some certain players,

How come its only Torres this style affect of all striker in big nations, How come this Mr style doesnt affect Villa, Klose, Podolski, Luis Fabiano, Moreientes, Inzaghi, Christian Vieiri, Rooney, Henry, Nistelrooy etc but na only Torres mr STYLE face and attack

watch football and forget stat,
take spain 4 example, due to their present style of play, spanish strikers must b very patient b4 they can get the ball,the build up is real slow, and thats the reason they dont score more than two goals most times, (aw many times do u see villa wit d ball, and aw many times has he scored as a lone striker in this tornament)

How come Villa was able to score in this same Spanish side?

henry complained in his first 3 months bout their cautious style of play unlike the direct  style played in premiership,

How come Nistelrooy was highest goal scorer in la Liga or he played a different Premiership?

wat dd klose, poldi achieve in their clubs?
messi couldnt even get a goal too but assists,
rooney was terribl but in club, he is clinical
c. ronaldo nko?

a team's style is a great influence oga mi, watch football rather than stat!!!

Was the Spanish coach that benched Torres watching stats too? Why is it that anytime Torres is subbed out Spain scores.

How many goals have they scored with Torres on the field? How come Villa is able to score but Torres isnt?

Germay play counter? Germans scored 13 goals only 4 came from Counter attacks

I suggest you watch games then instead of just reading it on the internet

y do u think german players esp strikers dont do well 4 their clubs,
any sensibl striker wil fit into the german's counter attack style

Muller scored 20 goals in his debut season with Bayern, I guess he is an Austalian striker, Klose was once highest goal scorer in the Bundesliga was he a Togolese striker then?
Re: Spain Vs Germany: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Semis by mamagee3(f): 11:57pm On Jul 07, 2010
Who said Villa is a striker?

Dude wasn't able to score today, he missed too many chances. . .

And just couldn't make a good pass, I guess his luck ran out today.
Re: Spain Vs Germany: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Semis by mamagee3(f): 12:03am On Jul 08, 2010
^^Can you grow the heck up? angry angry
Re: Spain Vs Germany: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Semis by googles: 12:06am On Jul 08, 2010
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

some pple are just so impossible
Re: Spain Vs Germany: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Semis by dayokanu(m): 12:07am On Jul 08, 2010
Wesley Sneijder's performance in this tourney has rendered your argument useless. . . . . . .
Maradona was a supporting striker in 94. . . . .He wasn't a midfielder. Go and watch the tournament again.

Maradona was a support striker in 1994? Sharon I take God beg you dont embarras yourself.

What was Batistuta, Balbo and Cannigia

How many goals has Leo Messi scored for Argentina in the last 2 world cup tournaments. . . . .
Is Muller better than Messi? Answer that question.

Messi plays behind 2 strikers Higuain and Tevez, Who does Torres play behind? His shadow and his scent.

Bundesliga is a shyte league. If Klose scores 200 goals in Germany, it's worth only 20 goals in the Premiership.
I don't need stats to know Torres shytes on Miroslav Klose's whole lineage in football. El Nino is that good.

Torres himself confessed that he looks good in the EPL because defenders and goalies are senseless

though he has himself suggested that the tally would not be as high in a more defensively astute league.

“In England the keepers usually come out too soon and try to go one on one with you," he revealed.

“The central defenders are usually big, strong, aggressive lads. I guess it is probably because of these characteristics that the majority think they can solve problems by getting tough with me.

“But the truth is most of them lack defensive positioning as a result of their reliance on strength and aggression and leave so much space for you to take advantage of.”

http://www.goal.com/en/news/8/main/2008/06/05/723987/torres-premiership-defenders-are-dodgy

Kaka
Messi
Ronaldo
Rooney(until the last WCQ).

Kaka is a striker? what are Ronaldo, Adriano, Luis Fabiano who play in front of him

Messi a stiker? then whats Tevez and Higuain?

Rooney the only striker in that list has 25 goals in 64 games while Torres- 24 goals in 80 appearances.
Re: Spain Vs Germany: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Semis by Sauron1: 12:23am On Jul 08, 2010
dayokanu:

Maradona was a support striker in 1994? Sharon I take God beg you dont embarras yourself.
What was Batistuta, Balbo and Cannigia

Maradona was a support striker in 94.
He was never a central midfielder. . . . .Go and watch your tapes again.

Messi plays behind 2 strikers Higuain and Tevez, Who does Torres play behind? His shadow and his scent.

Sneijder plays in the same position - how come Sneijder has 5 goals to his name and Messi has none?

Torres himself confessed that he looks good in the EPL because defenders and goalies are senseless

Rubbish talks. . . . .

Kaka is a striker? what are Ronaldo, Adriano, Luis Fabiano who play in front of him

Kaka won the UCL golden boot in 2007 playing in the same position.
He had Inzaghi in front of him.

Messi a stiker? then whats Tevez and Higuain?

Argentina played 4-3-3 mostly which makes Messi a striker.
Your fantasy league shoulda told you that.

Rooney the only striker in that list has 25 goals in 64 games while Torres- 24 goals in 80 appearances.

It's the same thang. . . . . . .
The last time Messi scored a goal in a competitive game for Argentina was March 2009.
Yet, the same Messi scored close to 50 goals in Barcelona playing in the wide position.
Re: Spain Vs Germany: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Semis by AloyEmeka5: 12:24am On Jul 08, 2010
Who is this spam trailing this tread?
Re: Spain Vs Germany: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Semis by dayokanu(m): 12:36am On Jul 08, 2010
Maradona was a support striker in 94.
He was never a central midfielder. . . . .Go and watch your tapes again.

So I am asking what was Balbo, Caniggia and Batistuta? Maradona was the attacking midfielder in 1994 FYI

Sneijder plays in the same position - how come Sneijder has 5 goals to his name and Messi has none?

Who are the two striker that play in front of Sneijder? Is it Kuyt that lays on the left or Robben that plays on the right wing?

Messi has 2 out and out striker in front of him in Higuain and Tevez, atimes, Kun Aguero even comes in

Rubbish talks. . . . .

Torres who has played in the league says something, someone watching from TV says its rubbish.

Kaka won the UCL golden boot in 2007 playing in the same position.
He had Inzaghi in front of him.

In 2007, Kaka and Inzaghi were playing in front of Seedorf, For Brazil Kaka in 2006 had Ronaldo and Adriano ahead of him, In 2010, had Robinho and Luis Fabiano infront

Argentina played 4-3-3 mostly which makes Messi a striker.
Your fantasy league shoulda told you that.

We are talking about Real life you are mentioning Fantasy. The only place where you can arrange 4 attacking midfielders and another 4 CB or FB on the field at the same time

It's the same thang. . . . . . .
The last time Messi scored a goal in a competitive game for Argentina was March 2009.
Yet, the same Messi scored close to 50 goals in Barcelona playing in the wide position.

Torres plays as a 9 for both Liverpool and Spain, Messi has only Zlatan ahead of him in Barcelona while he has Tevez and Higuain ahead in Arngentina. Messi did a lot of midfield work in this world cup which he doesnt do in Barcelona, What of bros Torres
Re: Spain Vs Germany: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Semis by frankcimc(m): 12:54am On Jul 08, 2010
After all the predict Spain finally carry the day, Go Spain, Go Puyol, Go great team with winning spirit.
Re: Spain Vs Germany: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Semis by soarrogant(m): 1:01am On Jul 08, 2010
I don't care what goes on at the leagues but what a star does at the world cup,the biggest career event! congs to spain but we will never know what would have been of the outcome if muller had not been stupidly carded alongside the litany of other refereeing errors that have dogged this world cup!

thank you Germany,you made football lovers proud,we saw goals,speed and youth, spain only holds onto the ball! so much for modern football undecided undecided
Re: Spain Vs Germany: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Semis by mamagee3(f): 1:41am On Jul 08, 2010
frankcimc:

After all the predict Spain finally carry the day, Go Spain, Go Puyol, Go great team with winning spirit.
Don't let them go for too long. grin

As they'll get knocked out by Netherlands on sunday.
Re: Spain Vs Germany: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Semis by Nobody: 1:46am On Jul 08, 2010
wowwwwwwwwwwww.

It is a lie! shocked

@Dayokanu

Why arent you modifying your siggy?

Add Spain 1 Germany 0
Re: Spain Vs Germany: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Semis by perx(f): 2:36am On Jul 08, 2010
ALMIGHTY Germany gone? what a world cup (football) so far!
Re: Spain Vs Germany: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Semis by RuuDie(m): 5:19am On Jul 08, 2010
Pheeeeeewwww. Now that was footie schooling of the highest order. . . . . Even Thomas Berthold in the SS3 studios could not shout.

I don't see how the Netherlands want to do it oh - its the season for Spanish football, no 2 ways about this!

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Enyimba F.C Of Aba Rewarded With N30m For Winning The Nigerian League (pictured) / Fenerbahce Prepare Loan Bid For Iheanacho / Somalia: Explosion Kills JCCI FC Players In Terrorist Attack Bombing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.