Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

How Did Your Husband Propose? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Did Your Husband Propose? (8358 Views)

Why Do Ladies Cry When Their Man Propose To Them? / Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? / How Did Your Husband React/cope During Labour? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did Your Husband Propose? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Apr 15, 2007
@cariby

ur husband must be a very creative guy to have come up with such an idea,i really love that, i'll make sure i try the same thing with my wife to be.now u see, cute-ass and spoilt am not totally wrong afterall.thanks cariiby for vindicating african men.
Re: How Did Your Husband Propose? by cariby(f): 8:43pm On Apr 15, 2007
@ area boy1

You are welcome, and yes he is rather creative
Re: How Did Your Husband Propose? by okoatiobo(m): 10:02pm On Apr 15, 2007
i said to my wife - will u be my fok mate? she said,i will be your fok mate forever.
Re: How Did Your Husband Propose? by RedLips3(f): 10:52pm On Apr 15, 2007
If by creative you meant corny then yes he was creative
Re: How Did Your Husband Propose? by 2dye4(m): 7:58pm On Apr 16, 2007
@sweetangel
una don come oo! when it comes copying the west in other aspects of their culture (i.e. the way they talk, dress, etc) we dnt av a problem with that, bt when it comes a decent proposal, that wan pass u abi? The ladies jst want us to make the process more fun & memorable, i mean its a big decision they have to make and it helps when it comes out the rite way! grin
Re: How Did Your Husband Propose? by Creamish(f): 1:03pm On Apr 17, 2007
@Topic ---I still de wait for him to propose oooo undecided
Re: How Did Your Husband Propose? by trendy(f): 1:30pm On Apr 17, 2007
u go wait tire undecided
Re: How Did Your Husband Propose? by youngies(m): 4:41pm On Apr 17, 2007
My cousin proposed to his wife by annoucing it severally on a radio music programme anchored by a DJ friend of his.
Re: How Did Your Husband Propose? by natasha: 5:04pm On Apr 17, 2007
was at the saloon when he called and asked me to meet him at home, i got there n he wasn't in. so i walked ito the bedroom and lo and behold, the room was filled with fresh roses, lavender lit candles, a ring on the centre of the bed, a very massive custom made card with our pics by the side and the heading "HAPPY 50TH ANNIVERSARY BABY", then another handmade card with the heading, make it a reality by being, my wife, the mother of my kids and my soulmate.
While gazing at the whole lot, he walked in and said i know what i have and feel for u is real, and i know will not just last but will be forever, make me a happier man and be my woman. y'all guess what i said and what happened after the.
Well that was 4 yrs ago, we've bn married 3 yrs now .
Re: How Did Your Husband Propose? by nossycheek(f): 5:16pm On Apr 17, 2007
, still trying to remember.

Now I remember. Called me for a chat after one year of dating and took me to see the new settee he was making for the house ( now for somebody very secretive, this seemed strange and exciting to me). We later went to a restaurant and had a meal and went back to the house.

And then after a while he said "I want us to be husband and wife and I want us to go to God in prayers"

I felt blood rushing down my face as I hugged him and kissed him passsionately
Re: How Did Your Husband Propose? by RedLips3(f): 5:20pm On Apr 17, 2007
lol like Talk, men are cheap.
Re: How Did Your Husband Propose? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Apr 17, 2007
rather than criticisms and 'smart 'comments,red lips,tell us how your man proposed  grin grin
Re: How Did Your Husband Propose? by spoilt(f): 11:54pm On Apr 19, 2007
if he has proposed. grin
Re: How Did Your Husband Propose? by Nobody: 3:00am On Apr 20, 2007
lol.
This was before I recognised who red lips was
Re: How Did Your Husband Propose? by Tobiegal(f): 11:45am On Apr 20, 2007
Wow,

mai 1st visit n am glad i popped in.

Great write-up pple wink
Re: How Did Your Husband Propose? by DrDre1(m): 11:32am On Apr 21, 2007
peeps into thread. sees what happened to areaboy and laughs
Areaboy posts picture, a male wants to propose to him *rofl* grin grin grin
Re: How Did Your Husband Propose? by toshmann(m): 2:29pm On Apr 21, 2007
Creamish:

@Topic ---I still de wait for him to propose oooo undecided

@creamish,

they say the roses have their gardens
the wealthy have their bank accounts
the athletes have their medals
and the politicians have their power. . . . . . .

but I, toshmann, the 1st, the great, whose greatness relies on his humilty, do hereby, with all humilty, in search of the tranquility of a garden, the comfort of riches, the joy of medals and the control of power, all of which I find in your pretty face, loving heart, gentle mind, sweet skin, admirable personality. . . . .ask you, the one question which has been in my mind, long before i was born, and which will remain in my mind, until an answer. . . .a good answer. . . . a positive answer. . . . .an acceptable answer, is given. . . . . . .

will you marry me

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy  kiss kiss kiss kiss
cool cool cool cool cool

say yes it's easy. that's all you need to say
Re: How Did Your Husband Propose? by software(m): 10:30pm On Apr 23, 2007
toshmann:

@creamish,

they say the roses have their gardens
the wealthy have their bank accounts
the athletes have their medals
and the politicians have their power. . . . . . .

but I, toshmann, the 1st, the great, whose greatness relies on his humilty, do hereby, with all humilty, in search of the tranquility of a garden, the comfort of riches, the joy of medals and the control of power, all of which I find in your pretty face, loving heart, gentle mind, sweet skin, admirable personality. . . . .ask you, the one question which has been in my mind, long before i was born, and which will remain in my mind, until an answer. . . .a good answer. . . . a positive answer. . . . .an acceptable answer, is given. . . . . . .

will you marry me

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy  kiss kiss kiss kiss
cool cool cool cool cool

say yes it's easy. that's all you need to say

If na me be the girl i go just slap u, Cos a guy like that could be a 419 lol
he heh ehehehe

Nice one,
Re: How Did Your Husband Propose? by Nobody: 11:12pm On Apr 23, 2007
or just a desperate man looking for a woman grin
Re: How Did Your Husband Propose? by uchetobi(f): 2:56pm On Apr 25, 2007
People do get romantic proposals. I know dat 4 a fact. Not all Nigerian men are dry
Re: How Did Your Husband Propose? by software(m): 10:35pm On Apr 25, 2007
uchetobi:

People do get romantic proposals. I know that 4 a fact. Not all Nigerian men are dry

Thanks jare
Re: How Did Your Husband Propose? by uchetobi(f): 8:44am On May 09, 2007
:d
Re: How Did Your Husband Propose? by software(m): 10:39pm On May 11, 2007
;d
Re: How Did Your Husband Propose? by spoilt(f): 3:27am On May 12, 2007
uchetobi:

People do get romantic proposals. I know that 4 a fact. Not all Nigerian men are dry

which kind romantic proposals. at best they will take you to that smelly canal around the mile 2, amuwo odofin, festac area (if i have my bearing right) in the rickety speed boat just like in home videos! hehehehe! grin
Re: How Did Your Husband Propose? by Nobody: 4:11pm On May 12, 2007
abeg cut them some slacks spoilt,some of them are indeed romantic.

have you heard of a proposal that starts like this;

Baby,I swear those hips can bear twins,I want to make you the mother of my future Taiwo and Kehinde.
Now isn't that romantic?
Re: How Did Your Husband Propose? by mukina2: 4:15pm On May 12, 2007
babyosisi:

Baby,I swear those hips can bear twins,I want to make you the mother of my future Taiwo and Kehinde.
Now isn't that romantic?

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Did Your Husband Propose? by software(m): 9:59pm On May 13, 2007
babyosisi:

Now isn't that romantic?

ahaha haha hehehe hehe lol
I think i would like that. I will just try that and see if I would get a slap cheesy cheesy cheesy

meanwhile,

@babyosisi

Thanks for the scope grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: How Did Your Husband Propose? by Emad(f): 12:04pm On Jun 14, 2007
He sang it to me in a song , and his name is Tuface grin grin grin
Re: How Did Your Husband Propose? by dominobaby(f): 1:49pm On Jun 14, 2007
Funny thread! I've laughed my ass off! Well, i haven't been proposed to yet, until then, i'll let y'all know.
Re: How Did Your Husband Propose? by lucidang(m): 4:58am On Jun 28, 2007
@ all nigerian men are real and practical that is why they seem to be less unromantic,
but part of love is getting to appreciate and care for your woman, therefore nigerian men are getting to learn the romance stuff.
an ex-girlfriend of mine recommended watching indian movies, at first, it seemed like a boring activity but over time i got to love it and believe me it has boosted my romance life,

with regards to making a proposal to your wife to be, i think it is an interesting thing to do.
every man worth his salt should be delighted to do it,
the styles may differ,
nigerian men have come of age are now making proposals to their brides,
some are even doing it retroactively, kind of, to make up for lost time, that is for the married folks,

we don dey change oh!!!!!!
Re: How Did Your Husband Propose? by Emad(f): 5:51pm On Jun 28, 2007
hummmmmmmmmmm i beg niaja men try change
they are too unromantic, tasteless, i beg jare make wuna try change grin grin
Re: How Did Your Husband Propose? by ThoniaSlim(f): 3:51pm On Jul 01, 2007
@whole thread

lmao. grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Infidelity In Marriage, Is There Any Cure? / What Do I Do? / Moved Out Of My Parents House Today And This Happened

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.