Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,402 members, 7,815,876 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

How Did Your Husband Propose? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Did Your Husband Propose? (8357 Views)

Why Do Ladies Cry When Their Man Propose To Them? / Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? / How Did Your Husband React/cope During Labour? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did Your Husband Propose? by spoilt(f): 4:22am On Jul 02, 2007
propose ke?
loverboy just started telling everyone i was his wife from the first date.
yep. im that stunning!
Re: How Did Your Husband Propose? by PTBNaija(f): 7:45pm On Jul 02, 2007
I'll tell you all when that happens lol.
Re: How Did Your Husband Propose? by Kashif(m): 6:22pm On Jul 03, 2007
I am compelled to say that most of our ladies are not married yet Whats gwan? Nobody is saying anything; just replying each other.

OK, guys, how did you propose grin grin grin grin
Re: How Did Your Husband Propose? by MILITIA(f): 11:07pm On Jul 03, 2007
With a pregnancy of course! grin Sharp-Sharp! Straight to the altar before the "tin" begin show! tongue
Re: How Did Your Husband Propose? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jul 04, 2007
Nigerian men are Romantic jo. My fiance picked me up from work and instead of takin me home he took me to a park facing a lake. I was like was up now? He started talking about building our future and our life. His words, No house can stand without a strong foundation, We have built a good foundation now its time to complete the building. (He is an archietect), then he asked me if i want to develop the building.
A bit strange but romantic, abi
Re: How Did Your Husband Propose? by lucidang(m): 11:06pm On Jul 04, 2007
my case is really amazing, i have proposed twice @ two different ocassions, two different spots to the same lady, the second one was more to reinforce my locve for her,

first instance: over the phone, felt it wasnt romantic enough, sent her like 50 love text messages and she was like, what's happening here and i poppoed the question,

second instance: at eko hotel meridien, lovely outing for lunch, afterwards we went chilling by the pool side, she looked really pretty in her new dress and new hair do, really loved her perfume,
as a guy man, me i still look good too,
anyway, i sang äfrican queen" for her, at least she was the queen of my life,
told her i wanted to spend the rest of my life with her,
pulled out a rose flower and popped the word once again,
this time around she really liked the surprise,
i was really glad, because she means the world to me,

right now we are planning the marriage stuff, u would agree with me that it takes a lot of planning,
please wish us well.
i really love her
Re: How Did Your Husband Propose? by spoilt(f): 11:46pm On Jul 04, 2007
lucida_ng:

my case is really amazing, i have proposed twice @ two different ocassions, two different spots to the same lady, the second one was more to reinforce my locve for her,

first instance: over the phone, felt it wasnt romantic enough, sent her like 50 love text messages and she was like, what's happening here and i poppoed the question,

second instance: at eko hotel meridien, lovely outing for lunch, afterwards we went chilling by the pool side, she looked really pretty in her new dress and new hair do, really loved her perfume,
as a guy man, me i still look good too,
anyway, i sang äfrican queen" for her, at least she was the queen of my life,
told her i wanted to spend the rest of my life with her,
pulled out a rose flower and popped the word once again,
this time around she really liked the surprise,
i was really glad, because she means the world to me,

right now we are planning the marriage stuff, u would agree with me that it takes a lot of planning,
please wish us well.
i really love her

finally a nigerian man that is romantic. how sweet. cry cry
Re: How Did Your Husband Propose? by Nobody: 3:12am On Jul 05, 2007
To nu jah!
Re: How Did Your Husband Propose? by Tanna(f): 2:53pm On Sep 08, 2007
@Aisha and Lucida - Congrats. That was sooo sweet.

My hubby also proposed TWICE.

The first time- was casual and informal. I complained to my boyfriend about all his friends calling me his "wife". He said - it's just a Nigerian expression. I said, well, my American friends, and associates overhear this and start gossiping that we are already married, He said - All gossip ain't lies, I want to make you my wife-and that's all I ever think about.", From then on - it was more of an understanding that we'd be marrying after school.

The 2nd time, he bought be a jewelry box as a CHRISTMAS GIFT. Not unusual because all my jewelry was still in their original little boxes scattered in drawers and on my dresser. Well, as I investigated the different drawers - I opened one and out popped the BEAUTIFUL RING with a tag on it that read "Will you marry me?" grin
Re: How Did Your Husband Propose? by bolorunfem(f): 9:11am On Sep 13, 2007
Re: How Did Your Husband Propose?
« #7 on: April 11, 2007, 07:39 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i think for some it's ego thing, lol why should i bend down for the woman eh?

[quote][/quote]

Omoge, are you a man or a woman? Pls clarify
Re: How Did Your Husband Propose? by posakosa(m): 11:40am On Dec 13, 2009
she unzipped her pahtah! and I knew she was THE ONE. kiss grin
Re: How Did Your Husband Propose? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Dec 14, 2009
The first Guy that proposed to me did not end up as my hubby cos our genotype was incompatiable. Now my Hubby, very crude
He just called and said " How far about that thing we talked about now, shey you are ready? Lets us do quick and finish in two months abeg" I was like what?
Re: How Did Your Husband Propose? by desthan(m): 6:05pm On Dec 17, 2009
aisha2:

The first Guy that proposed to me did not end up as my hubby cos our genotype was incompatiable. Now my Hubby, very crude
He just called and said " How far about that thing we talked about now, shey you are ready? Lets us do quick and finish in two months abeg" I was like what?

talk of real men. . . . grin grin No long thing jare, the journey is still very far cool
Re: How Did Your Husband Propose? by ubiaa5(f): 10:39pm On Dec 17, 2009
desthan:

talk of real men. . . . grin grin No long thing jare, the journey is still very far cool
u be real bush man,but u are my brother anyway.Abadie! grin
Re: How Did Your Husband Propose? by mamagee3(f): 2:59am On Dec 18, 2009
He did it the normal way. tongue
Re: How Did Your Husband Propose? by pureminded: 9:55am On Dec 18, 2009
:d
Re: How Did Your Husband Propose? by desthan(m): 10:47am On Dec 18, 2009
ubiaa5:

u be real bush man,but u are my brother anyway.Abadie! grin

Its a lie, Ayeneka, edioko grin, esit ami anem etie etie grin grin ufan, afo anam didie adioygno? ''excuse my spelling'' grin
Re: How Did Your Husband Propose? by ubiaa5(f): 4:06pm On Dec 18, 2009
desthan:

Its a lie, Ayeneka, edioko grin, esit ami anem etie etie grin grin ufan, afo anam didie adioygno? ''excuse my spelling'' grin
I saw ur post in d akwa cross thread in d culture section. tim ba o. smiley
Re: How Did Your Husband Propose? by desthan(m): 5:04pm On Dec 18, 2009
ubiaa5:

I saw your post in d akwa cross thread in d culture section. tim ba o. smiley

lol, did it crack you up grin i rem'ba i made a naughty post there grin it's really a pleasure anyway.

glad to meet my very own here. . . . nfana ibagha, dia uwen afo grin kiss
Re: How Did Your Husband Propose? by amia: 9:54am On Feb 27, 2010
who said nigerian men r not romantic? my husband for sure is.when he wanted to propose, he wanted us to travel but i couldn't because it wasn't convenient for me.but i saw how unhappy he was, because his plans had been spoilt,so i gave in.
after a romantic outing,back in the hotel room we lodged in,he said a few sweet things then,out of no where,he brought out this cute box and on both knees he asked me to marry him.i was out of this world.everywhere we went i walked with my left hand up and made a lot of gestures when talking grin grin grin
Re: How Did Your Husband Propose? by Sakeenath: 8:03pm On Feb 27, 2010
Ive been married to my husby over 3yrs now,and this thread just reminded me that i never said "yes i do". Things just worked out, i cant explain.
Re: How Did Your Husband Propose? by Emmy35(f): 7:47pm On Mar 02, 2013
Re: How Did Your Husband Propose? by vivianc(f): 10:42pm On Mar 02, 2013
Most naija guys are not romantic....... At least the one that proposed to me wasn't!

I have always wanted the 'fairy tale' kinda proposal so when he first proposed over the phone I didn't give him any answer. I told him he knew the 'right' thing to do.

He was coming over for the weekend, he bought a ring which was very beautiful btw, but the way he was checking out my fingers gave him out; I knew he had a ring. So that evening we went to see some couple who are my friends and they started teasing me on how they would train me into a catholic wife (I'm a winner). So there he just assumed I have said yes already.

So when we got back to the house, he brought out the ring, held my hand and said "I will marry you" and he then put the ring. That was the funniest proposal ever! Like seriously? grin

The bad news is, I broke off the engagement after 2 months *yea sad*. I guess I wasn't ready, I was more into wearing the beautiful ring and making wedding plans that I was into the idea of spending the rest of my life with him. I wasn't thrilled, I wasn't insanely in love even when they tell me love will grow. I was so scared it won't grow and I would be stuck in a loveless and boring marriage.
Re: How Did Your Husband Propose? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Mar 03, 2013
I was busy with my year1 registration when he invited me over for the weekend.On getting there,he was with a bunch of friends and I was suprised.He always discharge his friends each time am coming around as am not the type that loves to shine my teeth for my bf's friends.

He told me he ll love us to hangout awhile with his friends and I obliged.They crammed at the back seat while I sat infront,we were headed to a bar.After the drinks,we left for his house.His friends who lives in the same compound have entered their own apartments.

As I sat on the bed to remove my shoes,he came to the bed,knelt down,held my hands,kissed them lightly and fixed this gaze on my face.In my mind I was like"Oh boy,which package be this?".Then came the question"will you marry me"I couldn't believe it because i never pictured as a couple.We are too carefree to be married but were we in love?Hopelessly inlove!!!Ofcourse,I murmured yes.He dipped his hands in his pocket,brought a red box,opened it,brought out the ring and wore it on my third finger.The ring was worn half way as it wasn't my size. As he plastered my face with kisses,his friends bursted through the door shouting congratulations,he planned it!

We got married a few months later,now that was years ago.Initially I was so scared that were too young to make a marriage work but as I have discovered,no be by age.Maturity is in the mind.
Re: How Did Your Husband Propose? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Mar 03, 2013
^^^^Nice one @Byvan grin

Fast forward --------->>>>>>>><<>>>>>> after dinner and desert was served, red velvet cake with a round circle with my birthstone diamond sticking out. I screamed before he could utter a word and we kissed , other diners came to hug me congratulations.
Re: How Did Your Husband Propose? by Mrsmansson(f): 12:09am On Mar 04, 2013
Hmmmn I knew he was going to propose anyway because he started using the "our "word.he was so genuine.i was in my finals in sch.I was gradually falling in love with him but wasn't so much into him.was scared of settling down.I was so into my friends and the carefree lives we lived.I pleaded with him,let's date a little more.the man didn't hear that one oh.ok I stopped taking his calls all the time.always giving an excuse for not picking up.one good staurday,I and my friends were preparing for a party,he called,and said am in front of your hostel.ha just like that.he came all the way from Lag without even telling me.the following monday was public hols,he had everything planned out.that was how he spoilt show for my party oh.the next thing I was in his hotel room.he kept sensing I was uncomfortable,because I respected him ,I couldn't just talk about my earlier programme.he was like why don't you go to hostel and get your stuffs,I will be leaving on tuesday morning.ha that was how I landed in his hotel room,lying on his chest.he popped the question,I was so scared when I saw the ring.Besides am the last,and none of my sis were married then,I still wanted to be much single.I told him I can't pls.he was like what are you scared of?don't worry nothing is going to change,u still have to party with your friends,I won't get u pregnant even in the next 2-3yrs.so many promises.did he actually keep the not getting pregnant stuff?so I accepted the some few months later even when my friends where against it.we got married and I got pregnant immediately come and see trouble for him.I was so furious,upset.long story abeg...Thank God I accepted I wouldn't have known marriage could be less stressful.he is sweet.

2 Likes

Re: How Did Your Husband Propose? by Emmy35(f): 2:53pm On Mar 10, 2013
@ Mrs Manson, nyc 1
Re: How Did Your Husband Propose? by kckelechikc: 6:43pm On Jul 17, 2013
Reading all of these comments, i realize why people write Jamb 10 time before they leaRn how to answer simple question.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Do I Do? / Infidelity In Marriage, Is There Any Cure? / Moved Out Of My Parents House Today And This Happened

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.