Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,844 members, 7,862,764 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 05:23 AM

What Is The Percentage Of Unemployment Rate In Your Country Of Residence? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Is The Percentage Of Unemployment Rate In Your Country Of Residence? (868 Views)

Stay And Develop Your Country- Briton To Nigerian Youths / Can I Fly To Any Schengen Country Without Stopping At The Country Of Issuance? / Proof Of Ties To Country Of Residence/citizenship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Percentage Of Unemployment Rate In Your Country Of Residence? by agenta999(f): 12:31pm On Jul 05, 2010
like to know the percentage of unemployment rate in your countries, here is 19% Spain
Re: What Is The Percentage Of Unemployment Rate In Your Country Of Residence? by MissyB1(m): 3:17pm On Jul 05, 2010
According to the World Factbook, Spain is actually 20.5% (2010)  grin grin grin grin

8.9 % - Italy (June 2010)
19.7 % - Nigeria (March 2009) grin grin
Re: What Is The Percentage Of Unemployment Rate In Your Country Of Residence? by agenta999(f): 4:34pm On Jul 05, 2010
@ Missy b, please do u know any other site that can be more dependable, because your world factbook said Nigeria has 4.9% unemployment rate.
Re: What Is The Percentage Of Unemployment Rate In Your Country Of Residence? by MissyB1(m): 4:35pm On Jul 05, 2010
Post a link
Re: What Is The Percentage Of Unemployment Rate In Your Country Of Residence? by agenta999(f): 4:42pm On Jul 05, 2010
Re: What Is The Percentage Of Unemployment Rate In Your Country Of Residence? by MissyB1(m): 4:46pm On Jul 05, 2010
agenta999:

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2129rank.html?countryName=Nigeria&countryCode=ni&regionCode=af&rank=45#
I can't find Nigeria on that List . . . . but I'll give you a link to verify that 4.9% was in 2007

The percentage I gave You earlier is the latest available . . . .19.7% (2009 march)

http://www.theodora.com/wfbcurrent/nigeria/nigeria_economy.html

I just found Nigeria on the list . . . .Look again and You'll realise that's 2007 estimate.
Re: What Is The Percentage Of Unemployment Rate In Your Country Of Residence? by agenta999(f): 4:49pm On Jul 05, 2010
maybe they count even the pure water hawkers, kidnappers and those waiting to be used during election rigging activities.
Re: What Is The Percentage Of Unemployment Rate In Your Country Of Residence? by MissyB1(m): 4:54pm On Jul 05, 2010
However they reached the result - 19.7% - they are right.  grin
Truth is - work no deh Naija . . . . .rather, people no get work 4 Naija.
Even those with Jobs are earning close to nothing, and are as good as unemployed.
Re: What Is The Percentage Of Unemployment Rate In Your Country Of Residence? by agenta999(f): 5:14pm On Jul 05, 2010
even the figure you gave about Italy is suprising because all my friends in Italy said they are jobless now. though all the figures in the media system could serve for only protective and diplomatic purposes,so we count on what we see and hear by ourselves. unless Milan is different but i heard that accommodation is highly expensive in Milan.
Re: What Is The Percentage Of Unemployment Rate In Your Country Of Residence? by MissyB1(m): 5:44pm On Jul 05, 2010
Why make reference to Milan?  shocked tongue

agenta999:

even the figure you gave about Italy is suprising  because all my friends in Italy said they are jobless now. though all the figures in the media system  could serve for only protective and diplomatic purposes,so we count on what we see and hear by ourselves. unless Milan is different but i heard that accommodation is highly expensive in Milan.

In 2009, the rate of unemployment in Itay was high due to the ''Great Recession''.  . . .
Situation got better in 2010. If Your friends aren't legal, they would find it hard to get a job.
They wouldn't even be considered part of the population and of course, they wouldn't be included in the estimate. Yes, accomodation in Milan is expensive and I believe it's so, in Italy as a whole.
Re: What Is The Percentage Of Unemployment Rate In Your Country Of Residence? by juzme: 5:59pm On Jul 05, 2010
The statistics you got from world factbook are all correct. You were just making mistake in your judgement. If you are looking for a country to migrate and you wish to depend on Unemployment rate then you will be making a big mistake. Countries like Belarus always has 1% unemployment rate but their wages are very poor and standard of living is low as well.
To assistance you a bit as regard to your quest for country to migrate, at this present time you should be aware that most countries are facing difficulties in terms of their economy. At present and in reality there are little or no country without high unemployment rate. You mentioned that you have permit in Spain and I dont know if you have work permit there also. If that is correct then it will be much better for you to remain in Spain and continue to search for job than to migrate to a country you dont have work permit. You can only move to a country that you are sure to obtain a work permit. Owing to the high rate of unemployment in most countries employers hardly high people without work permit.  I dont know much about Australia, Canada, and USa, perhaps you may have some luck over there.
Re: What Is The Percentage Of Unemployment Rate In Your Country Of Residence? by agenta999(f): 6:43pm On Jul 05, 2010
juzme:

The statistics you got from world factbook are all correct. You were just making mistake in your judgement. If you are looking for a country to migrate and you wish to depend on Unemployment rate then you will be making a big mistake. Countries like Belarus always has 1% unemployment rate but their wages are very poor and standard of living is low as well.
To assistance you a bit as regard to your quest for country to migrate, at this present time you should be aware that most countries are facing difficulties in terms of their economy. At present and in reality there are little or no country without high unemployment rate. You mentioned that you have permit in Spain and I don't know if you have work permit there also. If that is correct then it will be much better for you to remain in Spain and continue to search for job than to migrate to a country you don't have work permit. You can only move to a country that you are sure to obtain a work permit. Owing to the high rate of unemployment in most countries employers hardly high people without work permit. I don't know much about Australia, Canada, and USa, perhaps you may have some luck over there.

when you conclude very fast you make mistakes.computer is for information and information is for salvation so the issue of migration has not arised.some lack the vast knowledge to know that the new electronics long term residence permit can work in germany,franc,Holland and almost all the e.u.
Missy B link=topic=473939.msg6335739#msg6335739 date=1278348241:

Why make reference to Milan? shocked tongue
In 2009, the rate of unemployment in Italy was high due to the ''Great Recession''. . . .
Situation got better in 2010. If Your friends aren't legal, they would find it hard to get a job.
They wouldn't even be considered part of the population and of course, they wouldn't be included in the estimate. Yes, accomodation in Milan is expensive and I believe it's so, in Italy as a whole.
i am sure that in Italy document is not a problem because, for the women it takes them only 1 or 2 months to get Carita's document which is humanitarian and can work. the males go to adoro commission for refugee document so almost every body is documented.some said they bought work contract with their money in other to renew their document.so their problem is work not document
Re: What Is The Percentage Of Unemployment Rate In Your Country Of Residence? by MissyB1(m): 9:00pm On Jul 05, 2010
agenta999:

i am sure that in Italy document is not a problem because, for the women it takes them only 1 or 2 months to get Carita's document which is humanitarian and can work. the males go to adoro commission for refugee document so almost every body is documented.some said they bought work contract with their money in other to renew their document.so their problem is work not document
Caritas' document? What's that? You mean go to Caritas for help and then Caritas automatically help You get a Visa? In one or 2 months? Na Lie . . . .Real Lie.
If it were that easy!!!

Anyways, I know very little or nothing about these wuru-wuru ways of getting doc.
I got ma Visa before I left Naija and I went through the due process.
One thing I know for certain is, if Your document is legal, You can go anywhere and seek anything.
Unless they are being selective, there are lots of jobs to pick from. Might not be clean or easy jobs but it's always a good start.

Where are You?
Re: What Is The Percentage Of Unemployment Rate In Your Country Of Residence? by agenta999(f): 12:36pm On Jul 06, 2010
@ Missy b, the Italian law says if you are under forced labour or forced prostitution, you will be given document if you inform the government. so people go to caritas/Catholic church to help them make demonstrations that they are willing to change if given the opportunity. then the church take them to police/questura to identify their (fake)madams. the court finally gives them document within a month .

like i said earlier, information is for salvation.
Re: What Is The Percentage Of Unemployment Rate In Your Country Of Residence? by MissyB1(m): 12:50pm On Jul 06, 2010
Like I said earlier, I have no personal reason to be informed about these ways of getting Visa except through the due process of getting it before leaving Naija.
It would be silly of me to argue it since I lack knowledge of how it works but I must say,
I find it very hard to believe, that by simply reporting Your sponsor, You get doc. within a month.
I only know that by reporting, You're taken to Questura to apply for Visa and You'll then follow the due process which takes a whole lot of time and You may finally get Your Visa.

However, I'm still trying to do a research on it . . . .I'll post a link if I find anything.
Meanwhile, there should exist a link on the 'net to verify  this new Italian law you're talking about. Post it!!
Re: What Is The Percentage Of Unemployment Rate In Your Country Of Residence? by justwise(m): 1:17pm On Jul 06, 2010
agenta999:

@ Missy b, the Italian law says if you are under forced labour or forced prostitution, you will be given document if you inform the government. so people go to caritas/Catholic church to help them make demonstrations that they are willing to change if given the opportunity. then the church take them to police/questura to identify their (fake)madams. the court finally gives them document within a month .
like i said earlier, information is for salvation.

That simply? I don't believe you, if its that simply then all the prostitutes in Italy will have paper by now. Give me a link to that law.
Re: What Is The Percentage Of Unemployment Rate In Your Country Of Residence? by justwise(m): 1:20pm On Jul 06, 2010
Missy B:

Caritas' document? What's that? You mean go to Caritas for help and then Caritas automatically help You get a Visa? In one or 2 months? Na Lie . . . .Real Lie.
If it were that easy!!!
Anyways, I know very little or nothing about these wuru-wuru ways of getting doc.
I got ma Visa before I left Naija and I went through the due process.
One thing I know for certain is, if Your document is legal, You can go anywhere and seek anything.
Unless they are being selective, there are lots of jobs to pick from. Might not be clean or easy jobs but it's always a good start.
Where are You?

Trust me, doing it the right way gives you loads of peace of mind, u got no reason to live in fears 247
Re: What Is The Percentage Of Unemployment Rate In Your Country Of Residence? by agenta999(f): 1:27pm On Jul 06, 2010
@missy b,

My dear, i am beginning to notice that you are young and a student(lack experience). strugling is a profession of its own and experiences are teachers. the caritas document is not a new law neither news. it has been in existence for more than ten years.
Re: What Is The Percentage Of Unemployment Rate In Your Country Of Residence? by MissyB1(m): 2:16pm On Jul 06, 2010
justwise:

That simply? I don't believe you, if its that simply then all the love-peddlers in Italy will have paper by now. Give me a link to that law.
I also find it very hard to believe the so-called ''New Law''. . . .that's why I asked for a link.
The only law that was enacted recently [Last Year, July] concerning immigrants is. . . . .
''People entering Italy without permission, face fines of up to 10,000 euros and could be expelled immediately. Plus, anyone renting housing to an illegal immigrant faces up to three years in prison'' That is all.
I have searched the 'net and can't find the law this Woman is talking about.

agenta999:

@missy b,

My dear, i am beginning to notice that you are young and a student(lack experience). strugling is a profession of its own and experiences are teachers.  the caritas document is not a new law neither news. it has been in existence for more than ten years.
Yes, [Fortunately] I'm Young and a student [I also work].
It depends on what You think I lack experience in.
In these dark ways of getting  doc. ? I would say Yes, I lack experience.
It wasn't so difficult getting a legal Visa as every member of ma immediate family is a Citizen. It's only understandable that I know not how the ''Caritas and adoro'' ways work.
Re: What Is The Percentage Of Unemployment Rate In Your Country Of Residence? by canuck(m): 4:20pm On Jul 06, 2010
@ Topic

Canada's unemployment rate is presently 8.1%
(SOURCE: http://www.statcan.gc.ca/subjects-sujets/labour-travail/lfs-epa/lfs-epa-eng.htm)

It hoovered around 6% before the recession hit.

However, among visible minorities, unemployment is way higher! I will post the rate once I obtain it from a reliable source.

(1) (Reply)

Obtain Your Msc In Global Logistics And Pay Your Tuition After Graduation / When Your First Time Flying Happens To Be The Last / Info On South Africa Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.