Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,596 members, 7,812,954 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:31 PM

The Danger Of The Contemporary Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Danger Of The Contemporary Church (249 Views)

Contemporary Church / The Danger Of Associating With Greedy People / The Horrible Danger Of Not Fearing God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Danger Of The Contemporary Church by davidinchrist(m): 11:33pm On Sep 19, 2018
Over the past recent years, even till now, Christianity or Christendom has been more of the Church; 'men-centered church'! The first christians were called Christians not because they were so particular about a church- a religious building, but rather because of the change of their lives. They literally became Christlike in their overall life style. They were recognized because they chose to follow Jesus in total submission and obedience to him. Alas, today people are concerned, and are only majoring on men and the things of men- FLESH; my church, my pastor, my prophet, Rev. Father, mentor, ministry, my fellowship, my program, my... etc. They trust more in men and the words of men, they believe they are saved while living in SIN. This is rather terrible and worse than outright sinners who don't have a church nor claim to be religious in any case. What these churches do to people is to make them rooted in deception - lies of the devil, and 'immune' to the truth- the words of Jesus; to REPENT and OBEY his Words according to the book of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. It's high time we started kicking out the things of men! We had better start humbling ourselves, come to the Cross for real Repentance not just the church type of merely, 'going forward, repeating some magic formula like an empty recitation', but to rather seek reality in God through Christ as time is running out.
John 14:15 KJV
If ye love me, keep my commandments.
John 3:20-21 KJV
For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. [21] But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.
John 3:6 KJV
That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
May Jesus Enlighten You...

(1) (Reply)

Can't Believe Prosper Is Coming To Suleja / Understanding The Will Of God - Ephesians 1:9-11; 1 John 2:17 / Female Christian Leader Sentenced To 70 Years In Prison For Child Abuse!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.