Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

is it christainlike to Sue And Divorce A Spouse Who Hid His HIV Status From You? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / is it christainlike to Sue And Divorce A Spouse Who Hid His HIV Status From You? (1113 Views)

Pastor Victor Ativie: Osinachi Nwachukwu's Husband Hid Money Paid To Her (Video) / Physically Challenged Woman Hid Son & Lied To Extort Money From Prophet Fufeyin / Yemi Ingila, Joshua Iginla's Wife Speaks On Cheating And Divorce Scandal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: is it christainlike to Sue And Divorce A Spouse Who Hid His HIV Status From You? by UbiPetrus: 12:40am On Oct 04, 2018
Pentolution:

the church doctrine is against divorce. remarriage after divorce even makes it worse.
This shouldn't be a case for RCCG. Those two aren't even married in the eyes of the Church, to begin with. According to your story, there was no SOLEMNIZATION OF HOLY MATRIMONY before the Altar of God and in the presence of the people of God. So, what divorce are they guarding against?

And even if they were married in the Church, the "so called" marriage was built on a false and dubious foundation. There was no exchange of FREE and INFORMED consent.
Therefore, it isn't a divorce case at all.
There was no marriage, ab initio and so, annulment is the grammar.

NB: I speak as a Catholic. Marriage may mean something else to RCCG so forgive me if I assumed a lot in my comment.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Saw Angel Michael This Morning By 5 / Benny Hinn Takes Swipe At Nigerian Prosperity Preachers Describes Act As A Trick / How Is This Possible?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.