Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,650 members, 7,851,223 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:16 PM

Kid Out Of Wedlock Or Abortion? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Kid Out Of Wedlock Or Abortion? (1319 Views)

Poll: Unwanted Pregnancy and Unmarried

Woman: I'll have the baby (even though he won't marry me): 57% (11 votes)
Woman: I'll terminate the pregnancy: 21% (4 votes)
Man: I'll let her have the baby (even though I won't marry her): 21% (4 votes)
Man: I'll suggest she aborts it: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Can You Marry A Lady That Gave Birth Out Of Wedlock? / what does Nigerian law say about children born out of wedlock? / If Your Husband Has A Child Out Of Wedlock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kid Out Of Wedlock Or Abortion? by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jul 07, 2010
Supposedly you got pregnant or your fiancée is pregnant and you are not married and have no intention of getting married, would you allow the pregnancy to continue or terminate it?
Re: Kid Out Of Wedlock Or Abortion? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jul 07, 2010
No matter what, I will continue and keep the baby.
Re: Kid Out Of Wedlock Or Abortion? by naijadiva2(f): 3:58pm On Jul 07, 2010
Eyah:

No matter what, I will continue and keep the baby.

same here
Re: Kid Out Of Wedlock Or Abortion? by ifyalways(f): 4:21pm On Jul 07, 2010
michelin89:

Supposedly you got pregnant or your fiancée is pregnant and you are not married and have no intention of getting married, would you allow the pregnancy to continue or terminate it?
Depends. . .
If i am a dry-nyash student(still depending on parents for most of my needs) and still have a long way to go in school,i wud opt for abortion.
If i dont love the guy anymore and the preggie is still in the first trimester,then Abortion it wud be.
If i am working/financially stable,almost done with school,loved the guy(or still love the guy) i wud keep the child.
. . . .Making and taking care of a child is NOT same as baking bread.
Re: Kid Out Of Wedlock Or Abortion? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jul 07, 2010
Dont crucify me, but I think I'll choose the later! undecided
Re: Kid Out Of Wedlock Or Abortion? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jul 07, 2010
Ujujoan:

Dont crucify me, but I think I'll choose the later! undecided

Crucify you ke?

I am not planning to be a mother at 21, so if it happens, goodbye!
Re: Kid Out Of Wedlock Or Abortion? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jul 07, 2010
michelin89:

Crucify you ke?

I am not planning to be a mother at 21, so if it happens, goodbye!

Even if I were 30, I wouldn't have a child for a man who's not ready to marry me! *shudders*

I'll rather get preganant randomly, if I really want a child and can take care of h/her myself! undecided

1 Like

Re: Kid Out Of Wedlock Or Abortion? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jul 07, 2010
I don't think I'd keep the child even if we were getting married.

I want to enjoy my husband for a while before popping children.

That's why I wouldn't mind getting married now, cuz I know I wouldn't have kids wahala.
Re: Kid Out Of Wedlock Or Abortion? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jul 07, 2010
This is a difficult question to answer because if I  say "I will keep the baby" then
I'm going against What has been a predetermined order of things (first comes love, then marriage then comes
the kids) again if I choose to abort the child, that's extremely selfish and careless on my part. (also against my religion)

My personal belief, marriage before kids to avoid whala
Re: Kid Out Of Wedlock Or Abortion? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jul 07, 2010
michelin89:

I don't think I'd keep the child even if we were getting married.

I want to enjoy my husband for a while before popping children.

That's why I wouldn't mind getting married now, cuz I know I wouldn't have kids wahala.

Oh I see . . . . .

So when's the d-day! wink
Re: Kid Out Of Wedlock Or Abortion? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jul 07, 2010
Ujujoan:

Oh I see . . . . .

So when's the d-day! wink

I am just saying if I get a man and he pops the question (which I am sure he will, because I have this luck tongue), my answer will be yes.
Re: Kid Out Of Wedlock Or Abortion? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jul 07, 2010
michelin89:

I am just saying if I get a man and he pops the question (which I am sure he will, because I have this luck tongue), my answer will be yes.

Oh . . ok o! cheesy
Re: Kid Out Of Wedlock Or Abortion? by Africanqueen2(f): 5:40pm On Jul 07, 2010
It depends
Re: Kid Out Of Wedlock Or Abortion? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jul 07, 2010
@poster
if she get pregnant and we are physically, emotionally and financially ready then we will have that kid UNLESS we were both dead broke, married to other people or simply too immature to care for a child (some people only realize that after the child is born)

nothing wrong with abortion OR nothing wrong with having children out of wedlock, its all about being ready for it.
Re: Kid Out Of Wedlock Or Abortion? by Sissy3(f): 10:14pm On Jul 07, 2010
unequivocally no on abortion

i will have the baby if he marries me or not.
Re: Kid Out Of Wedlock Or Abortion? by mutter(f): 10:30pm On Jul 07, 2010
Abortion is a sin in the eyes of God. This is such a difficult decision for a woman to make but sometimes it has to be made cry
Re: Kid Out Of Wedlock Or Abortion? by OAM4J: 10:38pm On Jul 07, 2010
michelin89:

I am just saying if I get a man and he pops the question (which I am sure he will, because I have this luck  tongue), my answer will be yes.

Am not ready to pop the question in the next 2 years, so relax and face your studies. grin

@ Topic.
If you are careless enough to get preggy out of wedlock, should be man or woman enough to accept the responsibility

In my book, life is sacred.
Re: Kid Out Of Wedlock Or Abortion? by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jul 07, 2010
^^^^^ but what if they relied on condom (but broke) or coitus interruptus (failed) but aint ready in any way to have a child, do you think they should also keep it?!
Re: Kid Out Of Wedlock Or Abortion? by Sissy3(f): 10:54pm On Jul 07, 2010
^^^^^

there is always adoption. so its not as if abortion is the only way out
Re: Kid Out Of Wedlock Or Abortion? by OAM4J: 11:09pm On Jul 07, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

^^^^^ but what if they relied on  condom (but broke) or coitus interruptus (failed) but aint ready in any way to have a child, do you think they should also keep it?!

Either it is manufacturer's error or human's mistake/carelessness, whatever the cause, life remains sacred  cool
Re: Kid Out Of Wedlock Or Abortion? by whiteroses(f): 11:19pm On Jul 07, 2010
any baby that implanted itself in my uterus in my final year of uni and onwards shall be kept and loved lol. i have something in my arm that i cant possibly fall pregnant only if it's removed, i think all girls should try this. pregnancy changes your life and babies are cute but honestly be patient till you can share the experience as a family with someone you love
Re: Kid Out Of Wedlock Or Abortion? by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jul 07, 2010
OAM4J:

Either it is manufacturer's error or human's mistake/carelessness, whatever the cause, life remains sacred  cool

for the sake of argument (more like discussion) shouldnt you say that:" since life is sacred, you wouldnt bring a child into this world that would suffer unnecessary hardship due to your situation and instead would rather wait until the time/finances/surrounding was RIGHT.
Re: Kid Out Of Wedlock Or Abortion? by OAM4J: 11:56pm On Jul 07, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

for the sake of argument (more like discussion) shouldnt you say that:" since life is sacred, you wouldnt bring a child into this world that would suffer unnecessary hardship due to your situation and instead would rather wait until the time/finances/surrounding was RIGHT.

Good, I thought of that too. But I don't know how many people will chose death over suffering/hardship, the common saying 'if there is life, there is hope' holds for me.

Your argument is valid for as long as the child is not yet conceived. Sure I will not want to bring a child into this world to suffer, but once conceived, I'll chose hardship over death.

PS

I don't judge or condemn those who chose abortion. may be there are other situations I might advice someone to abort, like in the case of pregnancy from despoil by robbers/father.

But then, I was discussing cases like those with a friend recently, she said, in event like those she will rather have the child and give it up for adoption than abort the pregnancy. CHOICES!
Re: Kid Out Of Wedlock Or Abortion? by Nobody: 12:17am On Jul 08, 2010
^^^^^fair enough. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .but then again (lol), when is a child a child?
some people would say that up to a few weeks, if not a month, you cant really call it a child. should an egg the size of a pea considered a child?
Re: Kid Out Of Wedlock Or Abortion? by OAM4J: 12:43am On Jul 08, 2010
^^^^ lol grin grin grin

I wont join in that debate, we all know the truth. i have even heard someone said until the child is born and given a name, he/she is not yet a child - to me, very ridiculous!
Re: Kid Out Of Wedlock Or Abortion? by Nobody: 1:00am On Jul 08, 2010
^^lol, its the big debate about abortion. as you said to each their own!
Re: Kid Out Of Wedlock Or Abortion? by meyri: 3:18pm On Jul 08, 2010
What ever happen to adoption? Naija dont go for that, abi? Better yet what ever to condoms and birth control? Commom sense tells you he you dont want kids dont spread your legs without protection. Okay I get off my pulpit.

(1) (Reply)

Things Your Spouse Does That Interest You Despite Your Differences / If You Were Raised By Your Grand Parent, Oya Dedicate A Line To Them / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.