Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,350 members, 7,819,250 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) - Satellite TV Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) (435203 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (176) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Hotwire(m): 11:18am On Jul 20, 2010
Adeexy:

@ Williams85
Yes, the solution to it is using a two way lnb.

@Pitodenz
I agree with Williams85. Splitters are best used to carry signals from one receiver to other points of recepition (TV sets or signal ampliflers) in other rooms. You can use up to four receivers but better with a 4-Way LNB. Welcome to season 5
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Hotwire(m): 11:31am On Jul 20, 2010
@ Twinstaye
If you shut this Season 5 FTA Thread where else will we get relevant information on FTA? Ever since I started reading this Thread I have stopped calling Technicians to adjust my dish. I got wind of MultiTV here and I promptly got a 9x. I have one dish and 3 LNBs cleverly mounted (trial & error) to receive MultiTV, Nilesat and Madagascar.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by zenus(m): 11:36am On Jul 20, 2010
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by magaddai(m): 11:52am On Jul 20, 2010
[flash=200,200]http://If you shut this Season 5 FTA Thread where else will we get relevant information on FTA? Ever since I started reading this Thread I have stopped calling Technicians to adjust my dish. I got wind of MultiTV here and I promptly got a 9x. I have one dish and 3 LNBs cleverly mounted (trial & error) to receive MultiTV, Nilesat and Madagascar.[/flash]

@Hotwire
Pls i'm interested in knowing how you were able to mount 3LNB on a dish and getting MultiTV, Nilesat & Madagascar. Pls what is the dish size? PLs kindly post detalis. Thanx for your reply yesterday on Strong Receiver thread.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Hotwire(m): 12:49pm On Jul 20, 2010
magaddai:

[flash=200,200]http://
@Hotwire
Pls i'm interested in knowing how you were able to mount 3LNB on a dish and getting MultiTV, Nilesat & Madagascar. Pls what is the dish size? PLs kindly post detalis. Thanx for your reply yesterday on Strong Receiver thread.

The dish is 1.8M and is focussed to Nilesat position. I have one Diseq Switch that collects signals from the 3 LNBs and sync them to the 9x receiver. The nilesat LNB is focussed to centre of the dish while the Madagascar LNB is located at the down (west) of the centre LNB. The MultiTv LNB is riding on the Madagascar LNB further down. Everything FTA and nothing Illegal.

@Zenus,
Don't be surprised. In FTA many things are possible. The only limitation is your applicable knowledge and experience. Ask Enitan, he is Custodian of FTA knowledge.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by freshp(m): 1:37pm On Jul 20, 2010
@ hot wire
i will really love to see how you did it since to the best of my knowledge multi tv is on the east while nilesat is on the west. . . for malagasy i can understand its close to nilesat. but multi tv. . .well
i need to know
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Jesude: 1:48pm On Jul 20, 2010
Hotwire,

Can you do the posting of the 1.8m pic for us to see how the magic been done. shocked
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Hotwire(m): 2:05pm On Jul 20, 2010
Jesu de:

Hotwire,

Can you do the posting of the 1.8m pic for us to see how the magic been done. shocked

@ Jesu De

Be patient, tomorrow I will post the image.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Hotwire(m): 2:15pm On Jul 20, 2010
freshp:

@ hot wire
i will really love to see how you did it since to the best of my knowledge multi tv is on the east while nilesat is on the west. . . for malagasy i can understand its close to nilesat. but multi tv. . .well
i need to know

@Freshp
Thanks for probing further without condemning. You really have an open mind. I will post the pix shortly.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Jesude: 2:29pm On Jul 20, 2010
Thanks bros, catch you tomorrow!!  kiss
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by SATMAN(m): 2:48pm On Jul 20, 2010
Hi Ilish,

Those channels on 11960 V 27499 W7 belong to ZAP tv in Angola.The beam is South African and they will be using 5 Transponders and their channels will be in MPEG4.

They will offer at start over 60 channels of which over 6 are in HD (BRAVA HD, MOVHD, TVC HD, FOOD NETWORK HD,I-CONCERT HD )
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by GeorgeD1(m): 6:57pm On Jul 20, 2010
pitodenz:

PITODENZ IS BACK
@ GEORGE D
Thanks for your concern

@pito,
Welcome back from your hibernation. Given that the thread seems to be all about small talk and gossip these days, that is not reason enough for all of us to withdraw into our shells. We must still keep the FTA fire burning by chipping in once in a while just like some of us are doing.
CHEERS!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by GeorgeD1(m): 7:01pm On Jul 20, 2010
williams85:

@oga george, will signal splitter have any effect on h and v polarity of two recievers? That is using one dish on two recievers. Thanks

@williams,
A signal splitter will be of no use in overcoming V and H polarity conflict in a single way lnb. What you need is a quatro lnb combined with a multi switch or better still go for a quad lnb and feed in the recievers seperately direct from the dish.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by williams85(m): 11:14pm On Jul 20, 2010
Thanks 4 all ur contributions.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by osef(m): 7:44am On Jul 21, 2010
@ all
grettings to everyone that made the previous season a great time,regards to the moderator,
@ georg D,
kindly receive my belated birthday wishes,i still cant get nta sir?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by microgiant: 9:13am On Jul 21, 2010
freshp:

@ hot wire
i need to know

solo1ng1:

@all,

The new W3a signal facing full west!!! Pls if you have difficulty tracking that bird, try to track from west, who knows your lucky dip grin grin grin
Thanks all, Twinskenny, tnks, i beg no 4get dat stuff 4 evening.

See this post by baba egun https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-7715.1279.html

receiving W3A @7E on a dish facing west with the center lnb for nilesat @7W, and another for NSS7 @22W

There is another post with 4lnbs - 1-nilesat, 2-NSS7, 3-W3A/Sirius4, & 4-W4, but i can seem to remember the page

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Hotwire(m): 9:18am On Jul 21, 2010
Jesu de:

Hotwire,

@Jesu De
@Freshp
@Magaddai

I have taken four shots of the dish with a high res digital camera but each file is more than 1.2MB. I just realised that this forum has a restriction of 200KB as file size to be attached. Pls give me your Emails otherwise I will have to re-snap using a camera phone which is 1 Mega Pixel. See Baba Egun's contribution and pix above. He has bailed me.

@Baba Egun
Thanks for coming to my aid. My own arrangement is slightly different but achieves the same.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by microgiant: 9:21am On Jul 21, 2010
Hotwire:

@Jesu De
@Freshp
@Magaddai

I have taken four shots of the dish with a high res digital camera but each file is more than 1.2MB. I just realised that this forum has a restriction of 200KB as file size to be attached. Pls give me your Emails otherwise I will have to re-snap using a camera phone which is 1 Mega Pixel.

Send let me attach it, (Pictures of Triple LNB Setup by Hotwire) Nilesat, Madagascar NSS7 & Astra 2B

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by twinstaiye(m): 9:29am On Jul 21, 2010
Hotwire:

@ Twinstaye
If you shut this Season 5 FTA Thread where else will we get relevant information on FTA? Ever since I started reading this Thread I have stopped calling Technicians to adjust my dish. I got wind of MultiTV here and I promptly got a 9x. I have one dish and 3 LNBs cleverly mounted (trial & error) to receive MultiTV, Nilesat and Madagascar.
Noone is shutting down this thread. If you read this thread like you claimed, you would have read it at the beginning of part 5 where i explain why I said this is the final part. In any case, it is because of people like you that we want this part to be the final part, your type hardly search the child boards, that is if you even know it exists. There are  threads opened now on the child boards that deals with nearly everything we discussed on this thread, the reasons why it should be the final part.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Hotwire(m): 9:46am On Jul 21, 2010
twinstaiye:

Noone is shutting than this thread. If you read this thread like you claimed, you would have read it at the beginning of part 5 where i explain why I said this is the final part. In any case, it is because of people like you that we want this part to be the final part, your type hardly search the child boards, that is if you even know it exists. There are threads opened now on the child boards that deals with nearly everything we discussed on this thread, the reasons why it should be the final part.

@Twinstaye
You are completely wrong about your assumptions of " MY TYPE". I search the child boards like anyone else. I read this thread always and not just a claim. Come off your high horse!

@Microgiant,
I have posted the pix to your gmail. Thanks.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Enigma(m): 9:52am On Jul 21, 2010
freshp:

@ hot wire
i need to know

When you are using a multi-LNB setup the central LNB remains where it will be as aligned to the focus satellite. However, the other LNBs are placed in "reverse" i.e. an LNB for a satellite that is east in the sky will be placed "west" on the LNB rail and vice versa. This is because the satellite signals are reflected at an angle especially on an offset dish.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by magaddai(m): 10:28am On Jul 21, 2010
@Hotwire
Pls kindly send the details to my email address: magaddai@yahoo.com.
Thanx a lot!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Enigma(m): 10:53am On Jul 21, 2010
@ Hotwire

Could you please confirm the name of the satellite (or the orbital position) that you receive with the second (i.e. 'Madagascar') LNB. This is because I don't think it is NSS 7 (22w?) as Microgiant stated it.

@ Microgiant

Many many thanks for the pictures.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Jesude: 11:00am On Jul 21, 2010
Hotwire this is my email samuel_ade12@yahoo.com,
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by GeorgeD1(m): 11:07am On Jul 21, 2010
@Hotwire,
That is a good work you've done there. Keep it up.

And, there's really no need to get into tango with the moderator.
A little self control and everything should be fine. CHEERS!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Ameboperoo(m): 11:08am On Jul 21, 2010
Pls I need the pictures. peterduro@yahoo.com. It high time we created a childboard on multilnb. As I've said, I'm really going 2 experiment with it. Further discussion and pix should be at that thread.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by sayso: 11:10am On Jul 21, 2010
George can we chat online on fb.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by GeorgeD1(m): 11:46am On Jul 21, 2010
@sayso,
You're on!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by solo1ng1: 12:11pm On Jul 21, 2010
@Hotwire,

Next time u have pics to attached, just open it with microsoft office picture manager, click edit and reduce the pic size to web, email or document attachement,
Good work, keep it up grin
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by BUTONEDAY(m): 12:46pm On Jul 21, 2010
@ All,
Card Sharing Arrest ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

27 arrested and 77 charged as Spanish Police shut down 57 card sharing servers

Agents of the National Police have dismantled an international network of pirating digital television offering access to all platforms in Europe. Today the Guardia Civil. arrested 27 people and charged another 77.

With a single legal access card of a subscriber, the network signal was redistributed to commercial premises, residents and individuals through a system called cardsharing. It is named for distribution via Internet of pay TV signals without the authorisation of its owner in exchange for monthly financial contributions to individual subscribers.

The dismantled network had 57 servers connected together in various EU countries, of which 25 were located in Spain, in Cordoba, Jaén, Sevilla, Cadiz, Almeria, Barcelona, Alicante, Murcia, Gran Canaria, Guipúzcoa, Mallorca , Madrid and Ourense. Each of these servers could send the signal to more than 150 users for 15 euros a month.

The investigation began in July 2009 to detect illegal server television signals. After which was discovered an international network whose management is done through instructions given through Internet chat rooms. Communication with users was carried out through private forums which are accessed using a key and password, and in announcing the programming that would be emitted and manuals were provided to solve the technical problems of the subscribers.

http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/2010/0, 279613072.html
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by blexxonmak(m): 1:03pm On Jul 21, 2010
BUTONEDAY:

@ All,
Card Sharing Arrest ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

27 arrested and 77 charged as Spanish Police shut down 57 card sharing servers

http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/2010/0, 279613072.html

@butoneday. This obviously is not a good news.With this kind of action I think the future of cardsharing is in jeopardy.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Ameboperoo(m): 1:11pm On Jul 21, 2010
The way some people use to quote is very unnecessary.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (176)

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA / FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.