Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,810 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:00 AM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) - Satellite TV Technology (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) (435109 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (176) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by BUTONEDAY(m): 8:47pm On Jul 21, 2010
@George_D,
I hail O! I will try to be at your place next week despite my tight schedule.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by FMarshal2(m): 10:09pm On Jul 21, 2010
George_D:

@BUTONEDAY,
24hrs FTA viewing coming very soon in my abode. This weekend I intend to begin testing Nilesat continous igbadun as I add two more sharp modules to my solar array. Your man in Lagos is already packaging the items for shipment as we speak!!! wink

FTA power from above coming sooooooon!!!!! grin

Hey George_D, do you have an update on the subject we discussed?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Hotwire(m): 9:00am On Jul 22, 2010
twinstaiye:

Looking at the picture more closely, one would have thought, the lnb (b) is more closer to the nilesat LNB which to me seems that it is not w3a, w3a seems a little further from nilesat, unless of course I am looking at it from the point of view that my own dish is 2.4m

@Twinstaye,
Oga Moderator, you are talking theory while Enigma and I are talking practical. There are practicals done that defy theoritical logic. Pls take no offence at my unsolicited observation.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by twinstaiye(m): 9:07am On Jul 22, 2010
Hotwire:

@Twinstaye,
Oga Moderator, you are talking theory while Enigma and I are talking practical. There are practicals done that defy theoritical logic. Pls take no offence at my unsolicited observation.

You go ahead, master of practical, with your unsolicited observations, it now suddenly guide me to know I am not good in FTA again.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by spaceman(m): 9:18am On Jul 22, 2010
@Hotwire
Where are you based in Abuja. just want to know, maybe I could check on you
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by GeorgeD1(m): 9:32am On Jul 22, 2010
F_Marshal:

Hey George_D, do you have an update on the subject we discussed?

@F_Marshal,
Please accept my deepest appologies. I've been carried away by so many activities. I'll get back to you before the weekend runs out. CHEERS!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Hotwire(m): 9:37am On Jul 22, 2010
twinstaiye:

You go ahead, master of practical, with your unsolicited observations, it now suddenly guide me to know I am not good in FTA again.

@ Enitan2002
You seem to be a bad influence on our Moderator, or else, where did he learn to kill his subjects with acidic words? You are known for your vast knowledge of FTA and sharp skills of tongue lashing. I was your victim, and so were others. Imagine the Moderator calling me Master which means my days (on earth?) are numbered! Pls intercede for me, I am a novice still learning the ropes. Let his Imperial Majesty understand that I am one of his law abiding subjects. I Dou Balee with utmost respect.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by twinskenny(m): 9:50am On Jul 22, 2010
@all

How do u track with this kind of multi lnb setup??
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by twinstaiye(m): 9:52am On Jul 22, 2010
Hotwire:

@ Enitan2002
You seem to be a bad influence on our Moderator, or else, where did he learn to kill his subjects with acidic words? You are known for your vast knowledge of FTA and sharp skills of tongue lashing. I was your victim, and so were others. Imagine the Moderator calling me Master which means my days (on earth?) are numbered! Pls intercede for me, I am a novice still learning the ropes. Let his Imperial Majesty understand that I am one of his law abiding subjects. I Dou Balee with utmost respect.

There you go again, what has enitan got to do with my reply above? When he read that now, he certainly will pour out his own vituperation, and where will that lead us. I am not a kid that Enitan will be stuffing with words, I have been a moderator for long to know how to carry my subjects along and up to this time, truth is you certainly love to stirs controversy, and I hasten to add too that, apart from FTA we certainly know when someone is abusing our mum without mentioning it. For me, if I am new in any settings, I have to thread softly to know how it works.
@Enitan, kindly ignore the remark above, and let us move on.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by GeorgeD1(m): 9:54am On Jul 22, 2010
BUTONEDAY:

@George_D,
I hail O! I will try to be at your place next week despite my tight schedule.

@BUTONEDAY,
Bros, myself and family will be expecting your dignified presence as we click champagne together while watching nilesat packages from dawn to dusk using power beamed from the heavens!

No interruptions, no outages. We alone decide when to stop watching and when to resume!  

There will be enough merriment as we test the outer limits of SOLAR FTA! grin
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by solo1ng1: 10:01am On Jul 22, 2010
twinskenny:

@all

@twinskenny,

Let experiment for my backyard anytime from now, just that am tired of those dishes flying around, let do it on 1.8m, na money go sojoro sha, i no wan invest on dishes again except decoders n other FTA gadgets, my dream dish is 5m, n dispose the 4.4m grin grin grin
Se u no go 4get me today sha? pls help,
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by GeorgeD1(m): 10:01am On Jul 22, 2010
twinskenny:

@all

@twinskenny,
The secret is to track with one lnb at a time. First use the centre lnb to get your main satellite then you can add one lnb each for the other birds you want to track.
Remember that except for 3-in-1 lnb setups like the one most of us have on motorised dishes, any other multi-lnb setup (3 and above arranged horizontally) will need to be a fixed mount and that makes it easier for you.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by solo1ng1: 10:14am On Jul 22, 2010
@George D,

I dey jealous o, n will like to join the SOLAR FTA ooo, i fit get ur no?
I need freedom to, i just dey imagine how u dey enjoy dat stuff now grin grin grin
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by twinskenny(m): 10:41am On Jul 22, 2010
@George

I appreciate.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Hotwire(m): 11:53am On Jul 22, 2010
@George D,
Congrats on your solar project. When it is up and runing do let us in on the secret. We would love to have uninterruptible FTA viewing in our homes.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by osef(m): 12:03pm On Jul 22, 2010
@ george D.
kindly gives us a complete break down for this solar projects as we will love to start planing towards it. if possible schematics diagram will be of great help thanks as always, pls the nta stuff help me out.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by osef(m): 12:06pm On Jul 22, 2010
@ jujukemist
just to hail sir, long time hope you are doing great, thanks for your kind heart in the help rendered then. i am always greatful
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by GeorgeD1(m): 1:24pm On Jul 22, 2010
@Hotwire,
@osef,

I will keep you guys updated on the installation and test run. Pictures up to clinking of glasses,
coming soon! smiley

Mind you this is just an addition to my solar array. The system has been set up and running
already. Will use the childboard to post the setup after this weekend. CHEERS!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Hotwire(m): 2:01pm On Jul 22, 2010
@George D,
That will be Great. Can't wait for the Child Board posts! Psss, I heard about a new power source (Generator?) that does not use fuel or  solar energy. If you have details include in your presentation as promised.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Ilish(m): 2:36pm On Jul 22, 2010
@GEORGE D:

How are you bras, I am requsting for an Facebook friend add, email me on wma21st@gmail.com, Facebook is 24/7 with me.Send a request,
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by microgiant: 3:01pm On Jul 22, 2010
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Hotwire(m): 3:37pm On Jul 22, 2010
@microgiant
Thanks for the link to the Solar Energy Thread. Good content although no much postings since May.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by selade(m): 6:11pm On Jul 22, 2010
Pls does anybody know the current price of Strong 4669X. I understand it's a good receiver to buy!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by litaninja(m): 10:16pm On Jul 22, 2010
@ Hotwire: Nice innovation on the holder and the setup you have there. Most people have only signals within few degrees of each other, but this your own try well well. I Hope soon enough, I'll have enough spare cash to try out this kind of project with a larger dish since I'm in Otta.

@ Moderator: I think this goes to show that this thread is still relevant. New ways of doing old things still come up from time to time, gossip and even the war of words the thread greats have keep things spicy. Even though we don't contribute so much, we gather valuable knowledge that will definitely come in handy sooner or later.

@ George_D: We are eagerly waiting for details of your project expansion. Hopefully, the resources for an average solar project will be more affordable soon o. But at this point, a solid 1KVA at 150K is just killing!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by iykemann: 7:50am On Jul 23, 2010
@all,
can someone pls give a link to the childboard.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Hotwire(m): 8:26am On Jul 23, 2010
selade:

Pls does anybody know the current price of Strong 4669X. I understand it's a good receiver to buy!

@Selade,
The price ranges from 16k to 18k depending on the supplier. But ensure that you get a one year guarrantee in case of unavoidable system failure. Then you can always return the receiver for a free fix. There are Gurus in the house that can assist. eg Olofofo

@Litininja
Thanks for the commendation. Knowledge has no boundaries, it is only limited to the individual's understanding.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by microgiant: 8:28am On Jul 23, 2010
iykemann:

@all,

see here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/board-58.0.html

alternatively just at the top above where the reply button is, you will see

Nairaland Forum  |  Entertainment  |  TV/Movies  |  Satellite TV Technology  |  Post reply ( Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) )

click on  Satellite TV Technology it takes you to the childboard
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Hotwire(m): 8:39am On Jul 23, 2010
iykemann:

@all,

@Microgiant,
That was sweet of you on answering that question. No criticism, no reprimand of the person. Just the link and everyone is happy.

@All
We should imbibe that culture.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by pofolo(m): 4:00pm On Jul 23, 2010
@ ghanian peeps,
@ all,

there are urgent questions waiting for answers on astra2abd i.e crtv.
Plsss. . . . . .

Sorry 4 d diversion.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Ilish(m): 5:49pm On Jul 23, 2010
All, There 10 Mpeg4 and HD new channels on w2a ku.They include france 2,3,4 and 5 etc.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Ilish(m): 5:50pm On Jul 23, 2010
All, There 10 Mpeg4 and HD new channels on w2a ku.They include france 2,3,4 and 5 etc.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by freshp(m): 5:59pm On Jul 23, 2010
@ Ilish
pls post them Frequencies grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (176)

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA / FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.