Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,989 members, 7,821,450 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

Man Baths And Swims In His Flooded House (Photos) - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Man Baths And Swims In His Flooded House (Photos) (74182 Views)

4 Bedroom, 4.5 Baths Construction With Cost Breakdown / Philanthropist Relocates Abia Woman From A Mud House To A New House (Photos ) / FOR SALE: 4 Bedroom Bungalow With 4 Toilets & Baths And 2 Nos. Frontal Shops@Ifo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Baths And Swims In His Flooded House (Photos) by NIGHTMARE0O7: 10:53am On Sep 25, 2018
pweshdodo:

Wole Soyinka is from Ogun state you know?

Yes and so? undecided
Is wole shoyinka now better than the British who invented invented English undecided

If wole Soyinka makes that same mistake then I'm disappointed bro.
Becoz it very very wrong. Use ur google
Re: Man Baths And Swims In His Flooded House (Photos) by NIGHTMARE0O7: 11:02am On Sep 25, 2018
tuzle:
i know a is the correct one, what I am saying is that when u use an when the first letter start with h. It looks OK, for example an house, doesn't look wrong or an horse

No bro u still dont get it..
Thats what I'm trying to tell u.
Yorubas pronounce HOUSE as OUSE.
and pronounce HORSE as ORHSE.
they omit the H which is a consonant sound.(which is not right)
Thats why they always get it wrong.

When u omit the H in "house"During pronunciation u are left with O, which is a vowel sound. Thats why they always get it wrong.

If u want to get it right , dont forget the 5 vowels A. E .I .O. U, wheneva u see them first in a word, then u can use "An"
Re: Man Baths And Swims In His Flooded House (Photos) by NIGHTMARE0O7: 11:15am On Sep 25, 2018
konoplyanka:

Potopoto pig take your L in peace.
You don't even know what you are talking about. H words do take 'an' sometimes, not the general rule you were taught in your pigsty schools.
You don't even know that 'I' should always be written in capital letters.
So much for an educated pig!

Lmao..U are a disgrace, grin
Keep defending Ur stupidity and ignorance. grin
Illiterate brown roofer claiming sophistication.
Yet no brains. grin

Re: Man Baths And Swims In His Flooded House (Photos) by flexyub: 11:26am On Sep 25, 2018
no be small dream come through ���
onlinetomola:

finally dream comes true and the dude is having a large swimming pool just at his door step

1 Like

Re: Man Baths And Swims In His Flooded House (Photos) by tuzle(m): 3:54pm On Sep 25, 2018
NIGHTMARE0O7:

No bro u still dont get it..
Thats what I'm trying to tell u.
Yorubas pronounce HOUSE as OUSE.
and pronounce HORSE as ORHSE.
they omit the H which is a consonant sound.(which is not right)
Thats why they always get it wrong.

When u omit the H in "house"During pronunciation u are left with O, which is a vowel sound. Thats why they always get it wrong.

If u want to get it right , dont forget the 5 vowels A. E .I .O. U, wheneva u see them first in a word, then u can use "An"
i know we use an for vowel and a for consonant, I have know that since my primary school days, what I am saying is that it looks OK to the mouth that is why people make the error, unlike when u use a for vowel sound it sound odd. Let say a orange compared to an horse which sounds better
Re: Man Baths And Swims In His Flooded House (Photos) by NIGHTMARE0O7: 4:05pm On Sep 25, 2018
tuzle:
i know we use an for vowel and a for consonant, I have know that since my primary school days, what I am saying is that it looks OK to the mouth that is why people make the error, unlike when u use a for vowel sound it sound odd. Let say a orange compared to an horse which sounds better

I have told u why it's looks OK in the mouth.
(Only for Yorubas) because they omit the H during pronounce , otherwise if u call that H u will notice "A" sound better.

A harmful
An harmful.
Pronounce them with H ,u will see A is far better in d mouTh
Re: Man Baths And Swims In His Flooded House (Photos) by tuzle(m): 4:27pm On Sep 25, 2018
NIGHTMARE0O7:

I have told u why it's looks OK in the mouth.
(Only for Yorubas) because they omit the H during pronounce , otherwise if u call that H u will notice "A" sound better.

A harmful
An harmful.
Pronounce them with H ,u will see A is far better in d mouTh
ok,but I don't make the mistake of using a when I am supposed to use an or vice versa

1 Like

Re: Man Baths And Swims In His Flooded House (Photos) by NIGHTMARE0O7: 4:29pm On Sep 25, 2018
tuzle:
ok,but I don't make the mistake of using a when I am supposed to use an or vice versa
OK
Re: Man Baths And Swims In His Flooded House (Photos) by ghazab74(m): 6:07pm On Sep 25, 2018
fews are roaming
Re: Man Baths And Swims In His Flooded House (Photos) by itsmeurLady(f): 6:36pm On Sep 25, 2018
NIGHTMARE0O7:

Oh stop arguing, An is Wong to be used before consonant sounds.
If my correction is wrong people would like it.
U can also use google to help urslef

I understand u want to be right but understand we learn everyday. Yes u are correct absolutely for saying that u don't use an before consonants but there is an omission for that rule... If the consonant is pronounced as a vowel, u can use 'an'... Dat is it might start with a consonant letter but it is pronounced as a vowel eg harmless is transcribed as /ha:mles/ , so an harmless is correct

Examples
How to give yourself an harmless electric shock

Google is your friend and please don't take it personal like u did the others who tried to correct you, have a nice day!
Re: Man Baths And Swims In His Flooded House (Photos) by nonhuman(m): 6:44pm On Sep 25, 2018
NIGHTMARE0O7:
grin

Wrong grammar
"A Harmless joke" not AN
Wait are u a yoruba? undecided
Why do u people always make this primary one mistake..?
i Iearnt how to use A or An in primary one
angry
Yoruba students always have f9 in English language,

1 Like

Re: Man Baths And Swims In His Flooded House (Photos) by BrokenCock: 7:09pm On Sep 25, 2018
NIGHTMARE0O7:

grin thats how u can easily fish them out from public when they speak.
The worst part is that, their lecturers , professors and doctors make same mistake.
Yet the claim EDUCATED AND SOPHISTICATED.

haba!! Using A or An is in nursery school curriculum nau undecided

I swear smiley cheesy

1 Like

Re: Man Baths And Swims In His Flooded House (Photos) by NIGHTMARE0O7: 7:18pm On Sep 25, 2018
itsmeurLady:

I understand u want to be right but understand we learn everyday. Yes u are correct absolutely for saying that u don't use an before consonants but there is an omission for that rule... If the consonant is pronounced as a vowel, u can use 'an'... Dat is it might start with a consonant letter but it is pronounced as a vowel eg harmless is transcribed as /ha:mles/ , so an harmless is correct

Examples
How to give yourself an harmless electric shock

Google is your friend and please don't take it personal like u did the others who tried to correct you, have a nice day!

Pls stop!!!
Just stop it u are very very wrong..
Pls just stop u are making me go crazy and it's annoying.
Pls ask any English professor who u know.
It's a pity I have to say professor because u don't need professor to confirm this.
Even bright primary one student can confirm this for u. angry

But mind u the prof must not be a Yoruba prof. (mind u not a Yoruba) because YORUBA professors makes same mistake.

"AN HARMLESS" iS VERY VERY VERY VERY VR WRONG PLS.. IM 1000% sure.
This is so embarrassing from u angry
YORUBAS really need to do something about this.
Re: Man Baths And Swims In His Flooded House (Photos) by itsmeurLady(f): 7:22pm On Sep 25, 2018
NIGHTMARE0O7:

Pls stop!!!
Just stop it u are very very wrong..
Pls just stop u are making me go crazy and it's annoying.
Pls ask any English professor who u know.
It's a pity I have to say professor because u don't need professor to confirm this.
Even bright primary one student can confirm this for u. angry

But mind u the prof must not be a Yoruba prof. (mind u not a Yoruba) because YORUBA professors makes same mistake.

"AN HARMLESS" iS VERY VERY VERY VERY VR WRONG PLS.. IM 1000% sure.
This is so embarrassing from u angry
YORUBAS really need to do something about this.

Lmao u are not someone that can easily be corrected, no vex but just check google, we don't need to use professors
Re: Man Baths And Swims In His Flooded House (Photos) by NIGHTMARE0O7: 7:33pm On Sep 25, 2018
itsmeurLady:

Lmao u are not someone that can easily be corrected, no vex but just check google, we don't need to use professors

I don't need to check google is a pity im arguing with u on this nursery school issue.
I feel embarrassed seriously..

The problem is from Yoruba way of pronunciation. Because they omit H during pronunciation which is wrong.

However The are few words where u can use an before consonants and one of those few words I'm not even sure they are up to 10 words..
2 of them are HONOUR and HEIR .. "An honour" " "an heir".. because the H is in those 2words are silent .

Pls English is the subject I always score highest right from my primary.. and I'm DEAD SURE over this issue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Journey To Building My Two Bedroom Apartment / How Much Will It Cost To Roof This House? / What The Building That Collapsed In Port Harcourt Looked Like 3 Weeks Ago

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.