Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,876 members, 7,813,988 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:31 PM

Luka Modric And Marta Pose With Their Awards - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Luka Modric And Marta Pose With Their Awards (36835 Views)

Neymar's New Look As He Strikes A Pose With NIKE Shoe (Photo) / Hazard, Ramos,bale, Modric And Others Resume Training For Real Madrid / Kylian Mbappe, Harry Kane, Luka Modric, Thibaut Courtois Win FIFA Player Awards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Luka Modric And Marta Pose With Their Awards by busco59: 6:26am On Sep 25, 2018
Messi and Ronaldo, two selfish and arrogant players I know. Other players attended the show when the where busy clinching this award, but for them to do likewise is a problem. Ronaldo fall my hands, at least Modric was his former team mate, therefore he should have honored Modric victory, abi una go say na Messi/Ronaldo beef. Life at times is not all about winning, but also how you behaves when you fail to win, I am beginning to lose respect for this two fellas. I no longer stand for there back like I de do before, because them to no dey take others back.
Re: Luka Modric And Marta Pose With Their Awards by Josskute(m): 6:35am On Sep 25, 2018
LordAdamX:

Messi should also have at least showed up. After all Ronaldo showed up to virtually all the awards Messi won.

Ronaldo voted for Modric and Varane, Messi voted for Modric and Cristiano. Not showing up takes nothing away from Modric's achievement or their respect for him. Stop making mountains out of molehills.

-Lord
Oga don't just come online to say rubbish, Ronaldo has never attended a best player ceremory he didn't win, feel free to check. Whereas Messi attended some of the ones ronaldo won. Infact it was already predited on goal dot com yesterday that he knew he wasn't going to win since he boycotted the awards. He's Just a sore loser jare.

5 Likes

Re: Luka Modric And Marta Pose With Their Awards by sportskid(m): 6:42am On Sep 25, 2018
LordAdamX:

Super Story! Last year when Messi was nominated and didn't show up because Ronaldo won it, did this your useless logic apply?

Abi is this one of the usual one rule for Ronaldo and another for every other person. It's an award ceremony, there's no rule of etiquette that demands he shows up. The UEFA Best Women Player didn't come for her award.

It's Modric's day, don't taint it with some irrelevant BS!

-Lord

Why you dey lie? Last year messi showed up. He was there live. Messi is not a trophy crazy player. No wonder trophy dey rush am

3 Likes

Re: Luka Modric And Marta Pose With Their Awards by Jaymaxxy(m): 6:42am On Sep 25, 2018
Gboy98:
This Award Is A Joke.It Is Now Called Best Symparthy Award

I hate it when some persons try to belittle someone's hardworking. Which one is sympathy award?

1 Like

Re: Luka Modric And Marta Pose With Their Awards by Tonimordred(m): 6:42am On Sep 25, 2018
I jst hapi sey na APGA pesin win d vote

1 Like

Re: Luka Modric And Marta Pose With Their Awards by sportskid(m): 6:43am On Sep 25, 2018
Josskute:
Oga don't just come online to say rubbish, Ronaldo has never attended a best player ceremory he didn't win, feel free to check. Whereas Messi attended some of the ones ronaldo won. Infact it was already predited on goal dot com yesterday that he knew he wasn't going to win since he boycotted the awards. He's Just a sore loser jare.

No mind DAT guy saying rubbish
Re: Luka Modric And Marta Pose With Their Awards by sportskid(m): 6:43am On Sep 25, 2018
Tonimordred:
I jst hapi sey na APGA pesin win d vote

U don wake
Re: Luka Modric And Marta Pose With Their Awards by Nobody: 6:43am On Sep 25, 2018
Josskute:
this one wants to talk too

ronaldo attended every ballon d,or messi won stop posting shii
Re: Luka Modric And Marta Pose With Their Awards by Launzhini: 6:43am On Sep 25, 2018
LordAdamX:

Messi should also have at least showed up. After all Ronaldo showed up to virtually all the awards Messi won.

Ronaldo voted for Modric and Varane, Messi voted for Modric and Cristiano. Not showing up takes nothing away from Modric's achievement or their respect for him. Stop making mountains out of molehills.

-Lord
Ronaldo did not show up in 2010
Re: Luka Modric And Marta Pose With Their Awards by Seunnzy(m): 6:44am On Sep 25, 2018
joshuaidibia:
Oga Juventus get midweek match, you don't expect Ronaldo to fly to England for the award and get back and train. If him get injury cos of jetlag Shey u go happy. We all know he doesn't joke with his training. Even on after their Saturdays games, dude still trains on Sunday alone when others aren't there.
Barca get midweek game too
Re: Luka Modric And Marta Pose With Their Awards by Jaymaxxy(m): 6:48am On Sep 25, 2018
Kingsley1000:
modric is the key to Madrid's success over the year,the way he coordinates the midfield is outta the world.
before now,we use to have defenders winning it

balon dor isn't all about tap ins and penalty
Thanks so much for this comment. The award has been reduced to goalscoring award thereby reducing the chances of hardworking midfielders like Luka. Ronaldinho, Rivaldo, Zidane etc were not known to be goalscorers yet they won the award convincingly. I hate it when the Ronaldo fan boys tend to downplay the importance of Modric in the Real Madrid team.

1 Like

Re: Luka Modric And Marta Pose With Their Awards by Kaycee7(m): 6:48am On Sep 25, 2018
Modric won the award and yet people still find a way to make it about Ronaldo and Messi. Pathetic.
Congrats Luka. Wish you could have added the World Cup to your collection. Keep playing that beautiful style that we love and respect you for.

2 Likes

Re: Luka Modric And Marta Pose With Their Awards by Jokerman(m): 6:49am On Sep 25, 2018
Luka Modrić has successfully surpassed both Xavi and Iniesta.... what a great guy...

1 Like

Re: Luka Modric And Marta Pose With Their Awards by LordAdamX: 6:50am On Sep 25, 2018
Josskute:

I guess this photo was photoshopped? Liar-emeritus!

-Lord

3 Likes

Re: Luka Modric And Marta Pose With Their Awards by Genniez(f): 6:50am On Sep 25, 2018
Pls y didn't FIFA give lakuku an award embarassed,I can't see his name.. undecided
Re: Luka Modric And Marta Pose With Their Awards by LordAdamX: 6:51am On Sep 25, 2018
sportskid:

Why you dey lie? Last year messi showed up. He was there live. Messi is not a trophy crazy player. No wonder trophy dey rush am

LIAR. I'm sure you were the one who flew the private jet that took him to the awards.

https://www.soccerladuma.co.za/news/articles/categories/ballon-d-or/fc-barcelona-reveal-why-lionel-messi-snubs-fifa-gala-has-cristiono-ronaldo-won/242466

-Lord
Re: Luka Modric And Marta Pose With Their Awards by LordAdamX: 6:53am On Sep 25, 2018
Launzhini:
Ronaldo did not show up in 2010

Learn to read. I said virtually all. That leaves room for a few misses.

Because I remember vividly how Ronaldo felt abjected when he went to consecutive Ballon D'Or galas where he lost and Messi fans used his photos as memes.

-Lord
Re: Luka Modric And Marta Pose With Their Awards by Proffdada: 6:53am On Sep 25, 2018
doovo:
APC is the reason for all this.
all for the likes undecided

1 Like

Re: Luka Modric And Marta Pose With Their Awards by Cocolatti(m): 7:00am On Sep 25, 2018
Kingsley1000:
apart from tap ins and penalty.... ronaldo is useless as p in the psychology

messi is a joy to watch,the way he plays with ease shows the football is naturally in him
Exactly!!!
Re: Luka Modric And Marta Pose With Their Awards by Josskute(m): 7:02am On Sep 25, 2018
LordAdamX:

I guess this photo was photoshopped? Liar-emeritus!

-Lord
Lol, go to goal dot com and read the article 'will messi and ronaldo be attending the world best ceremony' you will understand my point. He hardly ever attends a ceremony he knows he isn't taking first prize. Same happenned with the UEFA awards.
Re: Luka Modric And Marta Pose With Their Awards by okenwaa(m): 7:09am On Sep 25, 2018
LordAdamX:

-Lord

They should have showed up bro..

Makes them look like sore losers.
I'm not surprised though cus it's not about them.

Both are selfish and self centered.
Re: Luka Modric And Marta Pose With Their Awards by Cajal(m): 7:09am On Sep 25, 2018
LordAdamX:

-Lord
..messi voted for Rinaldo?
Re: Luka Modric And Marta Pose With Their Awards by Saeed348(m): 7:10am On Sep 25, 2018
z
Re: Luka Modric And Marta Pose With Their Awards by nelsonebby(m): 7:10am On Sep 25, 2018
joshuaidibia:
Oga Juventus get midweek match, you don't expect Ronaldo to fly to England for the award and get back and train. If him get injury cos of jetlag Shey u go happy. We all know he doesn't joke with his training. Even on after their Saturdays games, dude still trains on Sunday alone when others aren't there.
u dey mad. If na Ronaldo go win the award I think say him no go show?
Re: Luka Modric And Marta Pose With Their Awards by LordAdamX: 7:12am On Sep 25, 2018
Josskute:
Lol, go to goal dot com and read the article 'will messi and ronaldo be attending the world best ceremony' you will understand my point. He hardly ever attends a ceremony he knows he isn't taking first prize. Same happenned with the UEFA awards.

Mumu was that picture photoshopped, yes or no?

You explicitly said Ronaldo NEVER attended the awards gala when Messi won. I showed you proof, you are asking me to read Goal. Don't quote me again, take your L quietly, and live to argue another day.

-Lord
Re: Luka Modric And Marta Pose With Their Awards by okenwaa(m): 7:12am On Sep 25, 2018
joshuaidibia:

So if to say na Ronaldo win am,en no go fly baa?
Re: Luka Modric And Marta Pose With Their Awards by Albinoflash(m): 7:13am On Sep 25, 2018
Kingsley1000:
some of you penaldo fans are ingrats,
when FIFA robbed ribbery of the award in 2013
after winning UCL,bundesliga and German cup
you guys didn't wail.Modric deserves it big time
because world cup performance is rated higher
than ucl
A win by a player who conducts
the whole team on the pitch and dictates the
rhythm of the game consistently over one who is
anonymous for most of the game and then pops
up to score penalties and tap-ins all over the
place.
Modric orchestrates a beautiful
performance every time he's on the ball.
when messi won it 2010 at the expense of wesley who won ucl and a world cup finalist u no talk this rubbish o,just congratulate modric and move on.modric was not even among the top three most important players at madrid last season (ronaldo,sergio ramos and marcelo.u can still argue)
Re: Luka Modric And Marta Pose With Their Awards by LordAdamX: 7:14am On Sep 25, 2018
okenwaa:

They should have showed up bro..

Makes them look like sore losers.
I'm not surprised though cus it's not about them.

Both are selfish and self centered.

Personally, I don't think it's that big a deal. But I understand why others would see it that way.

Contenders don't show up all the time for award galas in the entertainment industry, no one gives a sh*t and those are not even as competitive as football. It's about Modric not Messi or Ronaldo.

-Lord
Re: Luka Modric And Marta Pose With Their Awards by Cajal(m): 7:15am On Sep 25, 2018
LordAdamX:

Super Story! Last year when Messi was nominated and didn't show up because Ronaldo won it, did this your useless logic apply?

Abi is this one of the usual one rule for Ronaldo and another for every other person. It's an award ceremony, there's no rule of etiquette that demands he shows up. The UEFA Best Women Player didn't come for her award.

It's Modric's day, don't taint it with some irrelevant BS!

-Lord
...modric was obviously better than the duo..
Remove goals ...what else
Thiery Henry scored goals he was not recognized
Re: Luka Modric And Marta Pose With Their Awards by LordAdamX: 7:17am On Sep 25, 2018
Re: Luka Modric And Marta Pose With Their Awards by Cajal(m): 7:20am On Sep 25, 2018
Kingsley1000:
apart from tap ins and penalty.... ronaldo is useless as p in the psychology

messi is a joy to watch,the way he plays with ease shows the football is naturally in him
..removing goals for both..will confirm ur argument is superior

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ronaldo Reacts To Being Dropped From First Team / Do Gotv Play Live EPL Matches? / Man United Complete The Signing Of Amad Diallo Traore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.