Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,866 members, 7,813,956 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:40 PM

Luka Modric And Marta Pose With Their Awards - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Luka Modric And Marta Pose With Their Awards (36834 Views)

Neymar's New Look As He Strikes A Pose With NIKE Shoe (Photo) / Hazard, Ramos,bale, Modric And Others Resume Training For Real Madrid / Kylian Mbappe, Harry Kane, Luka Modric, Thibaut Courtois Win FIFA Player Awards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Luka Modric And Marta Pose With Their Awards by Tonimordred(m): 7:24am On Sep 25, 2018
sportskid:

U don wake
u neva knew
Re: Luka Modric And Marta Pose With Their Awards by xest(m): 7:27am On Sep 25, 2018
emeijeh:
Good for them.

Ronaldo should have at least showed up angry
pride
Re: Luka Modric And Marta Pose With Their Awards by okenwaa(m): 7:30am On Sep 25, 2018
LordAdamX:

Personally, I don't think it's that big a deal. But I understand why others would see it that way.

Contenders don't show up all the time for award galas in the entertainment industry, no one gives a sh*t and those are not even as competitive as football. It's about Modric not Messi or Ronaldo.

-Lord

You know football is quite different from the entertainment industry cus many things can make a musician or an actor not to show up...e.g having a performance or being on tour and shooting movie....let's leave this story for another day.

What do you think of FIFA making it known to award winners that they'll be winning cus thought it was supposed to come as a surprise?

And lastly,I think this shows that Sneijder was robbed in 2010 cus his feats surpassed that of Modric's and still the award was given to Messi.
Re: Luka Modric And Marta Pose With Their Awards by naijawebsite: 7:38am On Sep 25, 2018
What’s the difference between the Ballon d’Or and FIFA Best Player Award?

https://www.naijawebsite.com/whats-the-difference-between-the-ballon-dor-and-fifa-best-player-award/

Re: Luka Modric And Marta Pose With Their Awards by LordAdamX: 7:41am On Sep 25, 2018
okenwaa:

You know football is quite different from the entertainment industry cus many things can make a musician or an actor not to show up...e.g having a performance or being on tour and shooting movie....let's leave this story for another day.

What do you think of FIFA making it known to award winners that they'll be winning cus thought it was supposed to come as a surprise?

And lastly,I think this shows that Sneijder was robbed in 2010 cus his feats surpassed that of Modric's and still the award was given to Messi.

It never comes as a surprise. Award winners are told ahead of time every time in nearly all facets of modern civilization. Remember your class valedictorian, s/he was told ahead of time to prepare a speech.

A lot of people have been robbed over the years. Like it's a long list stretching to before the start of the CR7-LM10 era. I'm just glad Modric didn't join the list.

Because if CR7 had won, the complaints would have continued for two weeks at most then it'd die down. Everyone will move on. He deserved it, he got it, case closed. Unto this season which is shaping up to be a cracker. Neymar, Mbappe, Messi, Ronaldo, Salah, KDB, Hazard could all win domestic doubles, so UCL will be the determinant of if the Ronaldo-Messi era has truly ended or if this is just a blip on the radar.

Modric will not even be in the top 3 next year. That's why it's important he won this year. It's like Kaka winning in 2007.

-Lord
Re: Luka Modric And Marta Pose With Their Awards by naijawebsite: 7:41am On Sep 25, 2018
Full List of Winners at the FIFA Football Awards 2018

See full List here: https://www.naijawebsite.com/fifa-football-awards-2018-full-list-of-winners-at-the-fifa-football-awards-2018/

Re: Luka Modric And Marta Pose With Their Awards by Kingsley1000(m): 8:01am On Sep 25, 2018
Albinoflash:
when messi won it 2010 at the expense of wesley who won ucl and a world cup finalist u no talk this rubbish o,just congratulate modric and move on.modric was not even among the top three most important players at madrid last season (ronaldo,sergio ramos and marcelo.u can still argue)
all these kids sef
he was the best player in the world cup

world cup and UCL which one is more superior

I bet you are below the age of 25
Re: Luka Modric And Marta Pose With Their Awards by stephenolamide(m): 8:05am On Sep 25, 2018
Maybe they should marry themselves
Re: Luka Modric And Marta Pose With Their Awards by Josskute(m): 8:06am On Sep 25, 2018
LordAdamX:

Mumu was that picture photoshopped, yes or no?

You explicitly said Ronaldo NEVER attended the awards gala when Messi won. I showed you proof, you are asking me to read Goal. Don't quote me again, take your L quietly, and live to argue another day.

-Lord
As expected from deranged penaldo fans. Don't be so pained sha. FYI ronaldo won his last ballon d or last year and messi is gonna win d next and finally put to bed the GOAT argument. Watch this space closely biiitch!

2 Likes

Re: Luka Modric And Marta Pose With Their Awards by Kingsley1000(m): 8:06am On Sep 25, 2018
okenwaa:

same way penaldo robbed ribbery in 2013 after winnings UCL,league,German cup and world club football

you don't know anything in football

balon dor isnt all about goals but general contribution in the team,dribbles, passes,tackles, creativity, your cordination in the play which modric surpass ronaldo

ronaldo is all goals only tap ins and pk
Re: Luka Modric And Marta Pose With Their Awards by LordAdamX: 8:08am On Sep 25, 2018
stephenolamide:
Maybe they should marry themselves

Pity the children they'd give birth to.

-Lord
Re: Luka Modric And Marta Pose With Their Awards by Moukandjo: 8:08am On Sep 25, 2018
LordAdamX:

I guess this photo was photoshopped? Liar-emeritus!
-Lord
You of all people dey call person liar for Nairaland? grin grin Nawa o!
Re: Luka Modric And Marta Pose With Their Awards by emenezer(m): 8:09am On Sep 25, 2018
This Brazilian Marta, God knows how many time she keeps beating her fellow women....
Re: Luka Modric And Marta Pose With Their Awards by okenwaa(m): 8:10am On Sep 25, 2018
LordAdamX:

It never comes as a surprise. Award winners are told ahead of time every time in nearly all facets of modern civilization. Remember your class valedictorian, s/he was told ahead of time to prepare a speech.

A lot of people have been robbed over the years. Like it's a long list stretching to before the start of the CR7-LM10 era. I'm just glad Modric didn't join the list.

Because if CR7 had won, the complaints would have continued for two weeks at most then it'd die down. Everyone will move on. He deserved it, he got it, case closed. Unto this season which is shaping up to be a cracker. Neymar, Mbappe, Messi, Ronaldo, Salah, KDB, Hazard could all win domestic doubles, so UCL will be the determinant of if the Ronaldo-Messi era has truly ended or if this is just a blip on the radar.

Modric will not even be in the top 3 next year. That's why it's important he won this year. It's like Kaka winning in 2007.

-Lord

Sure bro....nice one.
Re: Luka Modric And Marta Pose With Their Awards by oshiokpu(m): 8:12am On Sep 25, 2018
Kingsley1000:
all these kids sef

Oga you are the one that is a kid here. Messi was not the best player at the 2010 world cup. They were eliminated at the round of 16. I bet they have birth to you in 2014 .
Re: Luka Modric And Marta Pose With Their Awards by Albinoflash(m): 8:13am On Sep 25, 2018
Kingsley1000:
all these kids sef

isn't that what we are saying here did he deserve to be the best player even in that world cup,i wanted to say something but am gonna say nothing since u are trying to bring in the age factor.for ur headache am 27 and not below 25 ok?
Re: Luka Modric And Marta Pose With Their Awards by tunex4christ(m): 8:19am On Sep 25, 2018
Josskute:
As expected from deranged penaldo fans. Don't be so pained sha. FYI ronaldo won his last ballon d or last year and messi is gonna win d next and finally put to bed the GOAT argument. Watch this space closely biiitch!
lol...ure a disgrace ..He answered you with proof, but you still wont stop typing rubbish.
Re: Luka Modric And Marta Pose With Their Awards by ollah2: 8:52am On Sep 25, 2018
joshuaidibia:
Oga Juventus get midweek match, you don't expect Ronaldo to fly to England for the award and get back and train. If him get injury cos of jetlag Shey u go happy. We all know he doesn't joke with his training. Even on after their Saturdays games, dude still trains on Sunday alone when others aren't there.

so only Juventus has a midweek match? Other clubs don't and Madrid don't also have a midweek match
Re: Luka Modric And Marta Pose With Their Awards by Jokerman(m): 9:23am On Sep 25, 2018
Cajal:
...modric was obviously better than the duo..
Remove goals ...what else
Thiery Henry scored goals he was not recognized

Ronaldo and Messi still had more chances created for their teams than Modric.....
Re: Luka Modric And Marta Pose With Their Awards by Jokerman(m): 9:26am On Sep 25, 2018
Kingsley1000:
all these kids sef

Then why did Messi win in 2010, and Ronaldo in 2014
Re: Luka Modric And Marta Pose With Their Awards by Jokerman(m): 9:28am On Sep 25, 2018
Kingsley1000:
same way penaldo robbed ribbery in 2013 after winnings UCL,league,German cup and world club football

you don't know anything in football

balon dor isnt all about goals but general contribution in the team,dribbles, passes,tackles, creativity, your cordination in the play which modric surpass ronaldo

ronaldo is all goals only tap ins and pk

What do you think about these pics

Re: Luka Modric And Marta Pose With Their Awards by Meekmusa: 9:38am On Sep 25, 2018
congratulations to him
Re: Luka Modric And Marta Pose With Their Awards by nonix22(m): 9:38am On Sep 25, 2018
i think he showed up, and was looking very pale, when the winner was called up
LordAdamX:

Messi should also have at least showed up. After all Ronaldo showed up to virtually all the awards Messi won.

Ronaldo voted for Modric and Varane, Messi voted for Modric and Cristiano. Not showing up takes nothing away from Modric's achievement or their respect for him. Stop making mountains out of molehills.

-Lord
Re: Luka Modric And Marta Pose With Their Awards by FactualSpeech: 9:39am On Sep 25, 2018
Kingsley1000:
all these kids sef

Who is this kid that just started watching football last year that is abusing others.

Argentina �� lost 0-4 to Germany �� in the round of sixteen so tell me how Messi was the best in the world cup. Messi did not even have one short on target in that match.

Messi won La liga and Copa de Roy, Sneijder won treble (Champions league, Serie A and their local cup) and was in the finals of the world cup with Netherlands �� which was defeated by Spain �� 1-0.

Stop abusing others while showing your ignorance
Re: Luka Modric And Marta Pose With Their Awards by bluecircle470: 9:41am On Sep 25, 2018
donbenie:
Messi was NOT nominated for the Best Player Award,therefore his not showing up is much more excusable than Ronaldo not showing up and should not be dragged into a conversation on why Ronaldo didn't show up..

Was Marcelo, Dangote and Otedola nominated for the best player award before they showed up.....my friend suspend!
Re: Luka Modric And Marta Pose With Their Awards by Halexgos3(m): 10:06am On Sep 25, 2018
joshuaidibia:
Oga Juventus get midweek match, you don't expect Ronaldo to fly to England for the award and get back and train. If him get injury cos of jetlag Shey u go happy. We all know he doesn't joke with his training. Even on after their Saturdays games, dude still trains on Sunday alone when others aren't there.
This one weak me "jetleg".
Re: Luka Modric And Marta Pose With Their Awards by Realboygenius(m): 10:14am On Sep 25, 2018
The EFL is back!!
Derby look to pull off an upset against Manchester United when they pay a visit to Old Trafford in the EFL Cup. Frank Lampard will be hoping his return to Old Trafford would mirror one of his many memorable visits there as a player.
Get your EFL accumulations ready www.betway.com.ng

Re: Luka Modric And Marta Pose With Their Awards by donbenie(m): 10:47am On Sep 25, 2018
joshuaidibia:
I hear you,so if Ronaldo had a REALISTIC chance of winning he would not have made it to the Awards?, ALL the times over the years he was in serious contention and attended there were never mid week matches to be Played? grin
Re: Luka Modric And Marta Pose With Their Awards by Freshbaaba: 10:50am On Sep 25, 2018
Auladimeji:
Ronaldo fans right now
�‍♀️�‍♀️

Re: Luka Modric And Marta Pose With Their Awards by estellyn(f): 10:50am On Sep 25, 2018
Nice one,congrats to you guyz.

Yomzzyblog:
From; YomzzyBlog.com

Real Madrid and Croatian star, Luka Modric was crowned world player of the year, bringing an end to Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi's decade of dominance, pictured beside him is Marta, Fifa Women's player of the year as she wins it for the sixth time.

Gists via: http://www.yomzzyblog.com/2018/09/luka-modric-and-marta-pose-with-their.html
Re: Luka Modric And Marta Pose With Their Awards by donbenie(m): 10:51am On Sep 25, 2018
bluecircle470:

Was Marcelo, Dangote and Otedola nominated for the best player award before they showed up.....my friend suspend!
That's exactly the issue,haven not been nominated it was not MANDATORY for Messi to show up,Ronaldo was NOMINATED and that makes it MANDATORY for him to be at the Awards.. shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ronaldo Reacts To Being Dropped From First Team / Do Gotv Play Live EPL Matches? / Man United Complete The Signing Of Amad Diallo Traore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.