Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,256 members, 7,822,308 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:49 AM

Please How Profitable Or How Successful Will Doughnut Business Be - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Please How Profitable Or How Successful Will Doughnut Business Be (910 Views)

How Profitable Is POS Business In Nigeria / How Profitable Is This Agent Banking Business. / This Trick Is How Successful People Make Life So Easy For Themselves (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please How Profitable Or How Successful Will Doughnut Business Be by EzendiEgo1: 10:58am On Sep 25, 2018
Please I need help, I just started learning how to make snacks like doughnut and Meat pie from YouTube and I plan to distribute to people that will hawk and I plan to distribute to shops around me also,

Reason why I want to distribute it to hawk.. is because of my job.

I want to know if this business is lucrative... please if you are someone who knows much about this business please put me through.... how do I package them that would make them look attractive, what's the cost of production, how do I make profit?

This is my estimation:

Let assumed I have 3 hawks and 1 co-maker and we makes around 150 doughnut at the cost of #50 each, I will be making around #7500.
How achievable is this estimation,Please guru here should help me out.

Re: Please How Profitable Or How Successful Will Doughnut Business Be by MissRaine69(f): 12:08pm On Sep 25, 2018
That is why you need to research your market before settling on a product. Have you tested the product to see if what you make will sell Have you made a batch and sold it and received feedback?
Market research is key.
Re: Please How Profitable Or How Successful Will Doughnut Business Be by pryme(m): 11:55am On Sep 26, 2018
MissRaine69:
That is why you need to research your market before settling on a product. Have you tested the product to see if what you make will sell Have you made a batch and sold it and received feedback?
Market research is key.

Wow, is this business expertise coming from a medical doctor? must you know everything Miss Raine angry angry

Cant you be a noob about something for once? angry angry
Re: Please How Profitable Or How Successful Will Doughnut Business Be by Originalsly: 12:54pm On Sep 26, 2018
pryme:

Wow, is this business expertise coming from a medical doctor? you must know everything Miss Raine angry angry

Is your comment of any help to the OP?

@OP.....MsRaine has given you very good advice....you don't jump into a business then hope it works. You do research first...then you will have a good idea if the business will be successful. One of our biggest problems is we always want to start big.... and you are no different. Here you are focusing on packaging and distribution.... having employees.... estimating gross income...but you have not sold one donut...ever.
This is my advice...would people in your area want to buy donuts?...at what price?...the price you may have to sell it at may not be the price they will want to pay....you have to get enough customers to sustain the business Then you need to first make donuts. Share with your family first....they must love it. Get your recipe ..your formula written down....each time you make..it must taste the same. After family...you venture out to friends....workmates...and neighbours...give free samples....let them know you are starting a business.You have to build a clientele and as the demand increase...that's when you can think about having helping hands...expanding the business....having your product in shops etc.
My two cents.
Re: Please How Profitable Or How Successful Will Doughnut Business Be by pryme(m): 1:07pm On Sep 26, 2018
Originalsly:

Is your comment of any help to the OP?

@OP.....MsRaine has given you very good advice....you don't jump into a business then hope it works. You do research first...then you will have a good idea if the business will be successful. One of our biggest problems is we always want to start big.... and you are no different. Here you are focusing on packaging and distribution.... having employees.... estimating gross income...but you have not sold one donut...ever.
This is my advice...would people in your area want to buy donuts?...at what price?...the price you may have to sell it at may not be the price they will want to pay....you have to get enough customers to sustain the business Then you need to first make donuts. Share with your family first....they must love it. Get your recipe ..your formula written down....each time you make..it must taste the same. After family...you venture out to friends....workmates...and neighbours...give free samples....let them know you are starting a business.You have to build a clientele and as the demand increase...that's when you can think about having helping hands...expanding the business....having your product in shops etc.
My two cents.

So many bars in that comment flew over your head.
Re: Please How Profitable Or How Successful Will Doughnut Business Be by MissRaine69(f): 6:07pm On Sep 26, 2018
pryme:

Wow, is this business expertise coming from a medical doctor? must you know everything Miss Raine angry angry

I thought this was common sense? Doing your homework?
Re: Please How Profitable Or How Successful Will Doughnut Business Be by pryme(m): 7:19pm On Sep 26, 2018
MissRaine69:

I thought this was common sense? Doing your homework?

Na, What can I get you, milk or cereals?

(1) (Reply)

Watch Video Of Alleged G-boys Arriving Enugu State For A ‘benz Party’ Goes Viral / What Can I Do In This Situation Please!! / Help. Valentine Headache

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.