Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,781 members, 7,837,837 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 11:27 AM

Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick (27286 Views)

Man Sacked After Being Caught On CCTV Masturbating In Office's Kitchen / Australian Man Sacked From His N50m Job For Ejaculating On Women In Public / Man Sacked By His Boss After He Refused To Sleep With His Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by cocu25(m): 8:43am On Sep 26, 2018
so so so JUSTIFIED

2 Likes

Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by Nobody: 8:46am On Sep 26, 2018
kidman96:

keep quiet. when you own a company someday you wont make such a senseless comment. i have worked as a supervisor before and i know how difficult things can be when an employee skips a days work for any reason. workload would increase and i have to run around trying to fill that gap, sometimes i have to even do his job myself. if he had applied for a day off thats a different case but he lied. nobody wants lairs around them because they are usually thieves.

his sack was justified. Nigerians especially lagosians always try to be smart even in the most unnecessary and inappropriate places and times. and it often come back to bite.

Don't be stupid bro. Whether you're an employer of labour or not, I do not care. How do you even think?

I suppose that everyman is entitled to a number of sick leaves in a year, whatever I do with it is my cup of tea. Before you became a supervisor you were not working somewhere else? How did you find time for your Interview for your current Job?

If you want to apply for day offs, you have to do it way before hand, in some companies like 2 weeks. And there is no guarantee that you will get it.

9 Likes

Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by kidman96(m): 8:49am On Sep 26, 2018
cruchenutii:

Don't be stupid bro. Whether you're an employer of labour or not, I do not care

and you think i care whether you care or not? fucking idiot.

3 Likes

Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by uvie66: 8:50am On Sep 26, 2018
This have integrity and trustworthiness written all over it. If the guy can lie over simple thing like this,then he can't be trusted.

2 Likes

Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by ikevictor: 8:51am On Sep 26, 2018
kidman96:

keep quiet. when you own a company someday you wont make such a senseless comment. i have worked as a supervisor before and i know how difficult things can be when an employee skips a days work for any reason. workload would increase and i have to run around trying to fill that gap, sometimes i have to even do his job myself. if he had applied for a day off thats a different case but he lied. nobody wants lairs around them because they are usually thieves.

his sack was justified. Nigerians especially lagosians always try to be smart even in the most unnecessary and inappropriate places and times. and it often come back to bite.

an employee like that has no conscience and would tender his resignation abruptly regardless of its effect on the production of the company.

That’s petty!

1 Like

Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by higgs: 8:51am On Sep 26, 2018
The level of unemployment and poverty in this country is alarming.
Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by aameyah(f): 8:52am On Sep 26, 2018
olaboo123:
''Is this sack justified?''- Nigerian man asks after his colleague is fired for lying about his health just to go for another job interview

Continue to read the story below

via http://onecornergizt..com/2018/09/is-this-sack-justified-nigerian-man.html

What did he mean by the statement that: 'Somehow, the boss got to know?' Was it not a SNITCH amongst you people that did it? The Judas among the 12?
This is the part I don't miss in my years of working in a corporate organisation. The jealousy, envy, backbiting, lies and snitching.

My friend told her immediate supervisor she wanted to go for an interview in a topmost parastatal. He denied her leave.
She later rescheduled and called in sick to work. That was how she went for the interview and got the job.

Some Nigerians are wicked.

6 Likes

Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by Singleslife: 8:52am On Sep 26, 2018
This is serious o.
Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by Nobody: 8:53am On Sep 26, 2018
kidman96:

and you think i care whether you care or not? fucking idiot.

My bro, I shall wait for you when your mates have gone far in their careers & you're still stuck in your company for years forming Supervisor, You think your Employer cares about your Wellbeing? Better open your eyes & look for opportunities in other places.

The best way to increase your Pay is to change Jobs, You should be doing Interviews at least once a month at different companies.

Anyway, years to come you will come back & read this comment. Its lack of knowledge that is worrying you.

8 Likes

Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by Rollitout: 8:54am On Sep 26, 2018
The sacked guy is mumucious

1 Like

Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by ikevictor: 8:54am On Sep 26, 2018
A query would have been better, unless he has accumulated a lot of it and is obviously not a serious staff. Then the sack will do, irrespective of where or when it happened.
Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by Nobody: 8:57am On Sep 26, 2018
aameyah:

What did he mean by the statement that: 'Somehow, the boss got to know?' Was it not a SNITCH amongst you people that did it? The Judas among the 12?
This is the part I don't miss in my years of working in a corporate organisation. The jealousy, envy, backbiting, lies and snitching.

My friend told her immediate supervisor she wanted to go for an interview in a topmost parastatal. He denied her leave.
She later rescheduled and called in sick to work. That was how she went for the interview and got the job.

Some Nigerians are wicked.

Ofcourse she would be denied. People fall to realise that their average Employer does not want them to succeed. Employers always want you to live impoverished for the rest of your life & serve them.

In your case, she would still have problems because she earlier asked for Leave. SO they would know she is lying.

2 Likes

Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by Cedarwealth: 8:59am On Sep 26, 2018
Awonla:
iPhone 5s for sale has a little crack that does not affect the screen call/Whatsapp 09030818219

Hehehehe...This guy u normal so
Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by Rindo69: 9:04am On Sep 26, 2018
Very justified sack and typical of the area he hails from know for betrayal of trust and lying!!!

- Claimed ill health

- Felt smart and went seeking for another employment

- Got caught and started begging

Sack deserved cos he will do it again!!

3 Likes

Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by boyjo: 9:06am On Sep 26, 2018
CHM11:

this is just an example of a very wicked human being. Most Nigerian Management just want to hold people down on meagre salary. Promote you will not promote, then when they try their luck in other places you want to sack them!...in saner climes, some coys even throw a send forth get together for staff members who got other jobs. Its all in the spirit of maintaining relationships. If you dont want him to go, then you offer him better!.

i am positive that this HOD in question is one of those bastard God playing HODs who forget that they are not the owner of the company, they are just a damned employee too and anything can happen to them someday. Fine, the guy is at fault for lying, but do u think this type of HOD would allow him if he had told the truth?

Zero Empathy as a company!

Eyaah, Sweetie please calm down.
Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by Nobody: 9:12am On Sep 26, 2018
Cedarwealth:

Hehehehe...This guy u normal so
E dey affect u
Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by Reptyle(m): 9:14am On Sep 26, 2018
olaboo123:
''Is this sack justified?''- Nigerian man asks after his colleague is fired for lying about his health just to go for another job interview

Continue to read the story below

via http://onecornergizt..com/2018/09/is-this-sack-justified-nigerian-man.html

The man displayed a lack of integrity by taking a sick leave just to be able to go for another job interview.

Most companies have a culture of zero tolerance for integrity issues.

1 Like

Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by Throwback: 9:16am On Sep 26, 2018
cruchenutii:

My bro, I shall wait for you when your mates have gone far in their careers & you're still stuck in your company for years forming Supervisor, You think your Employer cares about your Wellbeing? Better open your eyes & look for opportunities in other places.

The best way to increase your Pay is to change Jobs, You should be doing Interviews at least once a month at different companies.

Anyway, years to come you will come back & read this comment. Its lack of knowledge that is worrying you.

As per the text in bold, you must be a seriously unsatisfied employee to be doing interviews at least once a month while still being employed.

So when you get the next job, your once a month ritual continues again till you get the next offer?

Who would want to employ such a fellow?

You have no business looking for a job, and should start a business of your own to run, and employ staff who have your once a month mindset, then watch how your own firm's productivity is stagnant.

5 Likes

Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by Puzzypleazer: 9:19am On Sep 26, 2018
Bleep the Bleep and Bleep the op. in some places they break his leg before sacking him

1 Like

Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by shaklisco(m): 9:21am On Sep 26, 2018
Let assume the guy latter get employ by FRSC,then the so called HOD violate the Traffic law with his car luckily for the guy to be the one to stop him and challenge him,wht will be the fate of the HOD?

5 Likes

Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by MistadeRegal(m): 9:22am On Sep 26, 2018
That's how a guy always lie to get free tike/to enjoy himself away from work. Among his pretty lies were his dad is seriously sick. Weeks later, he lied his dad is dead and was given a week to travel to his village and see to things. The boss being fair enough also offered his little assistance.
Not knowing the guy was just enjoying being off work. Now, his dad died for real and he has could not ask for any more permission. Who will he even tell his dad died a sefond time? So, lies ain-t helpful… they're destructible.

2 Likes

Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by OhiOfIhima: 9:22am On Sep 26, 2018
ikezuora4689:
truly speaking...if am the boss I will sack u without thinking twice...u going to the interview and lieing about it means u don't respect me or ur job...do I don't see any reason why u should keep the job.... always appreciate what u have.. they are people out there wishing to have what u don't value

But in this case, is it possible for him to have made known to his employer d main reason he was absent from work... That is before the whole scenario
Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by OhiOfIhima: 9:24am On Sep 26, 2018
shaklisco:
Let assume the guy latter get employ by FRSC,then the so called HRM violate the Traffic law with his car luckily for the guy to be the one to stop him and challenge him,wht will be the fate of the HRM?

I will just remind him of what he did to me then proceed to judge him according to our FRSC rules...

2 Likes

Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by Nobody: 9:32am On Sep 26, 2018
Throwback:

As per the text in bold, you must be a seriously unsatisfied employee to be doing interviews at least once a month while still being employed.

So when you get the next job, your once a month ritual continues again till you get the next offer?

Who would want to employ such a fellow?

You have no business looking for a job, and should start a business of your own to run, and employ staff who have your once a month mindset, then watch how your own firm's productivity is stagnant.

Look bro, everyone mustn't be an Employer of Labour. I do my Job & I do it well.

One unique reason why interview Experience is good that it broadens your mind. It also keeps your knowledge fresh about your career path.If you plan to spend 1 Year in a Company. At the 10th Month, start doing interviews. For the sake of the experience, you first few Interviews you will mess up in it but as time goes on, you will have had the adequate knowledge about your career on a Global level & not just what your company is Focused on.

So by the time you are ready to move, you would enough Interview experience + Recruiters at your beck and call.

1 Like

Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by Raalsalghul: 9:36am On Sep 26, 2018
ikezuora4689:
truly speaking...if am the boss I will sack u without thinking twice...u going to the interview and lieing about it means u don't respect me or ur job...do I don't see any reason why u should keep the job.... always appreciate what u have.. they are people out there wishing to have what u don't value
You reek of pompousity and wickedness. I pray never to have people like you as my boss

1 Like

Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by Raalsalghul: 9:39am On Sep 26, 2018
CHM11:

this is just an example of a very wicked human being. Most Nigerian Management just want to hold people down on meagre salary. Promote you will not promote, then when they try their luck in other places you want to sack them!...in saner climes, some coys even throw a send forth get together for staff members who got other jobs. Its all in the spirit of maintaining relationships. If you dont want him to go, then you offer him better!.

i am positive that this HOD in question is one of those bastard God playing HODs who forget that they are not the owner of the company, they are just a damned employee too and anything can happen to them someday. Fine, the guy is at fault for lying, but do u think this type of HOD would allow him if he had told the truth?

Zero Empathy as a company!
Gbam! Granted what the guy did is wrong, but that fellow's statement goes to show how some superiors don't want your progress.

2 Likes

Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by royalamour(m): 9:45am On Sep 26, 2018
kidman96:

an employee like that has no conscience and would tender his resignation abruptly regardless of its effect on the production of the company.

Who the eff are you to tell someone to keep quiet?

You lack manners and human relations charisma.

He's not your employee or working under you.

I pity anyone who is working under you at the moment.

4 Likes

Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by Raalsalghul: 9:48am On Sep 26, 2018
cruchenutii:

I tire for that guy. Ignore him. However, employees should always save their leave days for times like this.
Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by Nobody: 9:50am On Sep 26, 2018
Raalsalghul:
I tire for that guy. Ignore him. However, employees should always save their leave days for times like this.

Yes, but the problem is you have to declare weeks beforehand that you want to use your leave days and if you just heard of the opportunity a day or two before the Interview date, you might not be able to request for a leave.

1 Like

Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by Raalsalghul: 9:51am On Sep 26, 2018
cruchenutii:

Look bro, everyone mustn't be an Employer of Labour. I do my Job & I do it well.

One unique reason why interview Experience is good that it broadens your mind. It also keeps your knowledge fresh about your career path.If you plan to spend 1 Year in a Company. At the 10th Month, start doing interviews. For the sake of the experience. By the time you are ready to move, you would enough Interview experience + Recruiters at your beck and call.

Everything about your post is right.
However if you plan to spend a year, start applying after 6 months. My rule of thumb is that you should start applying after half of the time you want to spend there. Things might not go as fast as you want them to.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Army Rewards Soldiers With Bicycles, Cash For Good Conduct / Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians / Croatian Firefighters Respond To Emergency Just Before Rakitic Played Penalty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.