Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,155 members, 7,829,119 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick (27270 Views)

Man Sacked After Being Caught On CCTV Masturbating In Office's Kitchen / Australian Man Sacked From His N50m Job For Ejaculating On Women In Public / Man Sacked By His Boss After He Refused To Sleep With His Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by Nobody: 9:54am On Sep 26, 2018
CHM11:

this is just an example of a very wicked human being. Most Nigerian Management just want to hold people down on meagre salary. Promote you will not promote, then when they try their luck in other places you want to sack them!...in saner climes, some coys even throw a send forth get together for staff members who got other jobs. Its all in the spirit of maintaining relationships. If you dont want him to go, then you offer him better!.

i am positive that this HOD in question is one of those bastard God playing HODs who forget that they are not the owner of the company, they are just a damned employee too and anything can happen to them someday. Fine, the guy is at fault for lying, but do u think this type of HOD would allow him if he had told the truth?

Zero Empathy as a company!
call a spade a spade.. Don't cover sin/offence with excuses and sentiments. The sack is justifiable
Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by Raalsalghul: 9:54am On Sep 26, 2018
cruchenutii:

Yes, but the problem is you have to declare weeks beforehand that you want to use your leave days and if you just heard of the opportunity a day or two before the Interview date, you might not be able to request for a leave.
Then either the person reschedules or try to keep it as coded as possible. Wonder how they found out in this case. Easier said than done, I know.
Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by Nobody: 9:55am On Sep 26, 2018
Raalsalghul:
Then either the person reschedules or try to keep it as coded as possible. Wonder how they found out in this case. Easier said than done, I know.

Snitching of course, employees who think they are doing High Service.

1 Like

Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by Raalsalghul: 9:56am On Sep 26, 2018
Izuogu1:
call a spade a spade.. Don't cover sin/offence with excuses and sentiments. The sack is justifiable
Doesn't change the fact that you are most likely a wicked boss who thinks that there's no world outside the org.

1 Like

Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by Nobody: 9:59am On Sep 26, 2018
lying to change jobs has its risks, but its better to be real by quitting your cuurent job if you dont like it.

served him right.

1 Like

Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by drchuks1234(m): 10:10am On Sep 26, 2018
CHM11:

this is just an example of a very wicked human being. Most Nigerian Management just want to hold people down on meagre salary. Promote you will not promote, then when they try their luck in other places you want to sack them!...in saner climes, some coys even throw a send forth get together for staff members who got other jobs. Its all in the spirit of maintaining relationships. If you dont want him to go, then you offer him better!.

i am positive that this HOD in question is one of those bastard God playing HODs who forget that they are not the owner of the company, they are just a damned employee too and anything can happen to them someday. Fine, the guy is at fault for lying, but do u think this type of HOD would allow him if he had told the truth?

You are right
Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by Jishstoned: 10:28am On Sep 26, 2018
well, it was harsh on him sha..but we have only heard one side of the story. the victim might have had series of similar offenses like this one and i guess is cup is full on this fateful day. i pity him and his family sha. thats why it is good to think well before doing anything making sure you are on the right side of the law. Lesson learnt!

olaboo123:
''Is this sack justified?''- Nigerian man asks after his colleague is fired for lying about his health just to go for another job interview

Continue to read the story below

via http://onecornergizt..com/2018/09/is-this-sack-justified-nigerian-man.html
Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by Nobody: 10:32am On Sep 26, 2018
There are actually jobs out there, just to let you know that as hard as it is for people to find jobs ,it’s aqually difficult for employers to fill vacant positions with the right people.

If you have been in a situation where an employee just quits suddenly and your business suffers without immediate replacement then you would know why the said guy’s action shouldn’t be encouraged.
Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by AntiWailer: 10:32am On Sep 26, 2018
CHM11:

They have sacked him so as not to hold him down na
Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by FitnessHomme: 10:55am On Sep 26, 2018
Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by Olalake(m): 11:00am On Sep 26, 2018
scammer
Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by bellville: 11:01am On Sep 26, 2018
You do not call your boss on a Sunday that you would not be coming to work on Monday due to ill-health. No one would take you serious. You call on the morning of the workday. People should learn the rule of work. Don't discuss your plans with fellow colleagues. There are no true friends in the workplace. Every one is there to make ends meet and if that involves kicking you out to get to the top, they will do it. It's a dog-eat-dog world.

5 Likes

Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by Nobody: 11:10am On Sep 26, 2018
olaboo123:
''Is this sack justified?''- Nigerian man asks after his colleague is fired for lying about his health just to go for another job interview

Why did he lie. If he wins d frsc job won't he leave his Oga. He shld just Goan pray so God would ams his prayer. Nigerians dey find job
Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by AK481(m): 11:35am On Sep 26, 2018
seyigiggle:
he should have applied for compassionate leave.
Next time when you are going for interview don't inform any of your your colleague until you have gotten the job.

What if he wasn’t granted?

See people do this,if u work for a mnc,you will see people being employed on a daily basis earning million plus,if they don’t take risk,they won’t have gotten a better job.

His mistake was that he never kept it a secret or he never arranged for a doctors report.

2 Likes

Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by mechanics(m): 11:39am On Sep 26, 2018
It's not good to lie.
Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by OsuMustGo: 11:58am On Sep 26, 2018
greenmonk:

Lie to skip job is same thing as stealing. He should have applied for deductable leave. Stealing is automatic sack.
Shut up!

Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by Yoighaman(m): 12:09pm On Sep 26, 2018
kidman96:

keep quiet. when you own a company someday you wont make such a senseless comment. i have worked as a supervisor before and i know how difficult things can be when an employee skips a days work for any reason. workload would increase and i have to run around trying to fill that gap, sometimes i have to even do his job myself. if he had applied for a day off thats a different case but he lied. nobody wants lairs around them because they are usually thieves.

his sack was justified. Nigerians especially lagosians always try to be smart even in the most unnecessary and inappropriate places and times. and it often come back to bite.

an employee like that has no conscience and would tender his resignation abruptly regardless of its effect on the production of the company.

You deserve a hug for this comment.

1 Like

Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by Yoighaman(m): 12:14pm On Sep 26, 2018
cruchenutii:

Don't be stupid bro. Whether you're an employer of labour or not, I do not care. How do you even think?

I suppose that everyman is entitled to a number of sick leaves in a year, whatever I do with it is my cup of tea. Before you became a supervisor you were not working somewhere else? How did you find time for your Interview for your current Job?

If you want to apply for day offs, you have to do it way before hand, in some companies like 2 weeks. And there is no guarantee that you will get it.

Unlike kidman96, you deserve a hot slap for this post.

Dude lied, got caught and you try to justify it? What happened to taking a day or two out of his annual leave, he can do whatever he likes with those.

1 Like

Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by yinnyme(m): 12:51pm On Sep 26, 2018
olaboo123:

They will soon sack you too, just dey pray that your HOD or snitches not on social media. He was sacked because of the lies. Be as it may, he shouldn't loose hope, sometimes one door needs to close for another to open.
Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by yinnyme(m): 12:52pm On Sep 26, 2018
olaboo123:

They will soon sack you too, just dey pray that your HOD or snitches not on social media. He was sacked because of the lies. Be as it may, he shouldn't loose hope, sometimes one door needs to close for another to open.
Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by Nobody: 12:57pm On Sep 26, 2018
Yoighaman:

Unlike kidman96, you deserve a hot slap for this post.

Dude lied, got caught and you try to justify it? What happened to taking a day or two out of his annual leave, he can do whatever he likes with those.

You have to request for day offs weeks before the said time/day. You can't just request for a day off on few days prior to that day. Also requesting for day off doesn't mean you will be granted. It called a "Request" & not a "Right".

Asking for sick day off is the most reasonable way. Its good he got fired. There are better opportunities in life than sticking to an old snitching HOD please.

3 Likes

Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by Naza25: 1:23pm On Sep 26, 2018
If you ask me, na who I go ask?
Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by Psoul(m): 1:33pm On Sep 26, 2018
ikezuora4689:
truly speaking...if am the boss I will sack u without thinking twice...u going to the interview and lieing about it means u don't respect me or ur job...do I don't see any reason why u should keep the job.... always appreciate what u have.. they are people out there wishing to have what u don't value

You said the truth the wrong way
Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by Akexstinger(m): 1:36pm On Sep 26, 2018
He made a mistake. He shouldn't have used health ground as the reason. Next time he will learn to be political. you have to be political in dealing with companies and management. A simple "Hello Sir, I will not be around on Monday, I need to attend to personal things, I will resume on Tuesday" would have taken care of it. it will put you in the position of the boss and your superior will have no option than to give you the go ahead. If he refuses and you proceed, the worse that can happen is no work no salary or query and not outright sack. you have to be smart with companies and management, else they toss you around and make your life miserable.
Also, always try to have good records with company, there are times i fall ill or sick and i am still working which the management will be aware, I will be on treatment and still be at work. Also dont be a late comer. All these things they take note. so, when you tell them you will not be available for anyday, they will not have any problem with that.

Also in your workplace, don't ever reveal your plans to your colleague no matter the closeness especially in the South West, unless you are a valuable asset to the company. Remember anybody is replaceable.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by jmaxjohn(m): 2:12pm On Sep 26, 2018
MrWondah:
I'm seeing a different thing

No one understands or appreciates your comment. But I do. To nairaland, its just an ad, its business.
Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by greenmonk: 2:53pm On Sep 26, 2018
OsuMustGo:

Shut up!
Insulting me does not change a your propensity for fraud and failure to accept responsibility for your actions.
Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by Nobody: 3:25pm On Sep 26, 2018
Raalsalghul:
Doesn't change the fact that you are most likely a wicked boss who thinks that there's no world outside the org.
whatever.
Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by OILOFGLADNESS: 3:41pm On Sep 26, 2018
NO 1.

the boss is very mean, and a saddist. Is he the owner of the company? or Is the boss going to remain in the company forever without making moves to leave.
99% of employees in Nigeria are Employed Applicant. Since the Boss allowed him on health ground, even if he realised he went for an interview, he could have just warned him never to do that again.
Except the guy have not been a committed and hardworking fellow. except the boss have been looking foe a way to get him out.

EVERY AVERAGE NIGERIAN DOES THAT!
No 2 On the Guy side:
He could have known that FRSC job is federal and there is every tendency that the boss might suspect, or one of his colleagues.
He could have been more careful especially knowing the level of his rship with his boss. HE SHOULD ALOS KNOW THAT THE BOSS WANT TO SCORE A POINT AND TO GAIN MANAGEMENT FAVOUR.
He could have taken casual leave signed by the boss, on the ground of personal reasons, except the company dont allow it

In summary, the guy wasnt careful enough AND THE BOSS IS MEAN AND A SADDIST < HE DIDNT TRY AT ALL>

He should wait for his own karma!
I PRAY THE GUY GETS THE JOB......

2 Likes

Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by greenmonk: 4:29pm On Sep 26, 2018
kidman96:

keep quiet. when you own a company someday you wont make such a senseless comment. i have worked as a supervisor before and i know how difficult things can be when an employee skips a days work for any reason. workload would increase and i have to run around trying to fill that gap, sometimes i have to even do his job myself. if he had applied for a day off thats a different case but he lied. nobody wants lairs around them because they are usually thieves.

his sack was justified. Nigerians especially lagosians always try to be smart even in the most unnecessary and inappropriate places and times. and it often come back to bite.

an employee like that has no conscience and would tender his resignation abruptly regardless of its effect on the production of the company.
The real issue is that most nigerians dont know that accepting to work for a company puts the responsibility of success of such company on them. They feel and behave like they have no stake in the company and when the repercursion of their attitude begin to manifest they cry of victimisation.

2 Likes

Re: Man Sacked For Going For FRSC Screening In Lagos After Lying He Was Sick by kidman96(m): 5:02pm On Sep 26, 2018
greenmonk:

The real issue is that most nigerians dont know that accepting to work for a company puts the responsibility of success of such company on them. They feel and behave like they have no stake in the company and when the repercursion of their attitude begin to manifest they cry of victimisation.

exactly, and that is why they dont grow as humans. they do things to people they wouldnt want others to do to them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Army Rewards Soldiers With Bicycles, Cash For Good Conduct / Croatian Firefighters Respond To Emergency Just Before Rakitic Played Penalty / Google Fires 28 Employees For Protesting Israel-cloud Deal (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.