Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,327 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:48 AM

Who Should Pick The Tab On A Romantic Date? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Who Should Pick The Tab On A Romantic Date? (436 Views)

I Went On A Romantic Date In Lagos And Was TREATED This Way Because I Had No Man / 25 Romantic Date Night Ideas To Re-ignite The Fire In Your Relationship. / Finding The Right Woman When You Are Broke Is A Romantic Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Should Pick The Tab On A Romantic Date? by Theladysroom: 4:57pm On Sep 26, 2018
Imagine this: You are out on a date and your partner has forgotten his, or her wallet at home (for real! Lol). Would you be able to pick the tab, or would you have to wash plates a la Nollywood?
When I was dating, this was one of my greatest anxieties -the idea that I could go out and money would turn out to be an issue. I worried about having enough to away from a date gone bad. I also worried whether I could afford to pay the bills, even if it was just my half.

Apart from the financial pressure it places on guys, it also places women under a different kind of pressure. A very common theme in sexist comedy is of men paying for dates and expecting a reward. Far too often, the reward in question revolves around being entitled to women’s bodies. Read full article https://theladysroom.ng/who-should-pick-the-tab-on-a-romantic-date/

Re: Who Should Pick The Tab On A Romantic Date? by daviesblaze(m): 5:01pm On Sep 26, 2018
if a lady can do that, my respect for her is gonna topple 10 times over
Re: Who Should Pick The Tab On A Romantic Date? by zainmaxwell(m): 5:27pm On Sep 26, 2018
Cc poco
Lefulefu
Missraine
Abeg opinion is needed here
Re: Who Should Pick The Tab On A Romantic Date? by chiommy123(f): 5:53pm On Sep 26, 2018
Why didn't he forget his Snickers or any other thing its his wallet that he decided to forget even if iam with some money I will not be happy to pay oh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Should Pick The Tab On A Romantic Date? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Sep 26, 2018
There was this hollywood movie i watched where this dude who happened to be a writer took out one lady for date. The lady was gushing over the guy telling him how so much she loves his novels and how she would want to be a great writer like him. Mind u it was not a romantic date but jus a friendly date. Halfway through the meal the guy paid with his credit card but d waiter tried the card and told d guy d card wasnt working. D guy got embarrased and told d waiter to check it again but d waiter checked and told him d credit card wasnt working. D guy was now getting so embarrased but d young lady took out her cash from her purse and paid for both her and the guy's meal saying it was her pleasure and it wasnt an issue. Now after watching dat scene in dat movie i now wondered if such scenario were to play in naija hw it would endcheesy. Anyway in my opinion both parties should pay the tab but if one party volunteers to pay for both he or she is welcome.
Re: Who Should Pick The Tab On A Romantic Date? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Sep 26, 2018
chiommy123:
Why didn't he forget his Snickers or any other thing its his wallet that he decided to forget even if iam with some money I will not be happy to pay oh
what of if its a guy u were crushing on and he happened to take u out on a date and he unfortunately forgot his wallet at home. Wont u pay d tabs with gladness?
Re: Who Should Pick The Tab On A Romantic Date? by chiommy123(f): 6:42pm On Sep 26, 2018
lefulefu:
what of if its a guy u were crushing on and he happened to take u out on a date and he unfortunately forgot his wallet at home. Wont u pay d tabs with gladness?
anything pay dey annoy me but why will he forget the most important thing lol
Re: Who Should Pick The Tab On A Romantic Date? by Nobody: 6:55pm On Sep 26, 2018
chiommy123:
anything pay dey annoy me but why will he forget the most important thing lol
anything can happencheesy.. He can absently mindedly change his trousers as he came back from work and forgot to collect his wallet from d trouser backpocket he changed as he took u out for d date. So u see as e be socheesy.
Re: Who Should Pick The Tab On A Romantic Date? by ImaIma1(f): 11:47pm On Sep 26, 2018
lefulefu:
There was this hollywood movie i watched where this dude who happened to be a writer took out one lady for date. The lady was gushing over the guy telling him how so much she loves his novels and how she would want to be a great writer like him. Mind u it was not a romantic date but jus a friendly date. Halfway through the meal the guy paid with his credit card but d waiter tried the card and told d guy d card wasnt working. D guy got embarrased and told d waiter to check it again but d waiter checked and told him d credit card wasnt working. D guy was now getting so embarrased but d young lady took out her cash from her purse and paid for both her and the guy's meal saying it was her pleasure and it wasnt an issue. Now after watching dat scene in dat movie i now wondered if such scenario were to play in naija hw it would endcheesy. Anyway in my opinion both parties should pay the tab but if one party volunteers to pay for both he or she is welcome.

It could play out the same way. I watched a Nigerian series recently. They went on a date and the guy's cards were not working.

But in his case, he didn't have any money in his account but he had mouth to brag. He was just asking the waiter to try his empty cards while trying to buy time The lady eventually brought out her card and paid...lol.

You guys love to see we Nigerian ladies as leeches.
Re: Who Should Pick The Tab On A Romantic Date? by Nobody: 12:14am On Sep 27, 2018
ImaIma1:

It could play out the same way. I watched a Nigerian series recently. They went on a date and the guy's cards were not working.

But in his case, he didn't have any money in his account but he had mouth to brag. He was just asking the waiter to try his empty cards while trying to buy time The lady eventually brought out her card and paid...lol.

You guys love to see we Nigerian ladies as leeches.
well that lady is a rare gem cos in naija such a thing rarely happens. As for me though such cant happen to make cos i had make sure my wallet is with me with everything intact. But if d worse happened and maybe my wallet or ATM card was stolen from my trouser pocket and of wich dat cant happen i had rather call one of my paddies to quickly bail me out. I wont risk it for the lady to pay cos there is the tendency for her to pay and even if i repay her d money d next day she might still carry d story on twitter about her she paid the tabs for one nigga that took her on a datecheesy. Normal tin in naija.

(1) (Reply)

SEXUAL ASSAULT ( Who Isn't Guilty) / Two Little Words That Make Every Relationship Great / Friend Zoning: Women Need To Stop Playing The Ostrich

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.