Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,091 members, 7,814,799 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

2019: "I Will Perform Better If I Survive Another Four Years" - President Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: "I Will Perform Better If I Survive Another Four Years" - President Buhari (851 Views)

2019: "I Won't Fight Selective Corruption" - Saraki Promises Nigerians / 2019: I Won't Criminalize Gay Nigerians - Donald Duke / 2019: I Don’t Care Which Party Returns Me To Senate – Akpabio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: "I Will Perform Better If I Survive Another Four Years" - President Buhari by BeeBeeOoh(m): 10:20am On Sep 28, 2018
President Muhammadu Buhari has assured Nigerians that he he would perform better if given another opportunity in 2019.

Buhari also said he had warned the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) and the security agencies to ensure that every vote counts in 2019.

He said he instructed them that all Nigerians must be allowed to vote whoever they want without harassment.

NAN reports that’s Buhari spoke on Thursday during an interactive session with a select group of Nigerian professionals based in the United States and Canada.

Buhari said he recognised that Nigerians in the diaspora were talented people and called on them to come to the support of the country, particularly, in education.

The president also said that he was not slow as some people had assumed, saying he was trying to follow the law, especially as democracy is different from military rule.

He recalled that he put people in Kirikiri Maximum Prison in Lagos when he was a military head of state and then ensured they remained in custody until they were able to prove themselves innocent.

Buhari, however, said his administration was making progress but had to go by the law assuring that “if I win the next election and I survive the next four years, I will do better”.

He also recounted his experience in politics saying that he suffered electoral corruption from 2013 when he started contesting for the presidency and had at each point, pursued the case up to the Supreme Court but lost.

“I’m always conscious of the ordinary people because they are the ones that always vote for me. A lot of big men have no time to go and queue on the line for hours.

“There were even pregnant women who were on the line for hours and they delivered. They are my constituencies; they always vote for me,” Buhari said.

https://www.google.com/amp/dailypost.ng/2018/09/28/2019-will-perform-better-survive-another-four-years-buhari/amp/

Lalasticlala, Mynd44

Re: 2019: "I Will Perform Better If I Survive Another Four Years" - President Buhari by dukie25: 10:32am On Sep 28, 2018
Lifeless continuously blames every one but himself. Buhari was a minister in the 70s, Head of state in the 90s and now President again. You'd think he was not part of the elite that mismanaged our past.

6 Likes

Re: 2019: "I Will Perform Better If I Survive Another Four Years" - President Buhari by gentleguy1975: 10:35am On Sep 28, 2018
hmm
Re: 2019: "I Will Perform Better If I Survive Another Four Years" - President Buhari by Trittee: 10:45am On Sep 28, 2018
God Forbid!!!!

1 Like

Re: 2019: "I Will Perform Better If I Survive Another Four Years" - President Buhari by FarahAideed: 10:47am On Sep 28, 2018
God forbid you another tenure...Buharo go home

2 Likes

Re: 2019: "I Will Perform Better If I Survive Another Four Years" - President Buhari by JayCynic(m): 10:48am On Sep 28, 2018
He finally admits he had a bad tenure

1 Like

Re: 2019: "I Will Perform Better If I Survive Another Four Years" - President Buhari by Presidiotbuhari: 11:02am On Sep 28, 2018
Thunder fire IDIOTIC BUHARI and his entire family, fire tunubu and his entire family. Fire okoro awusa, fire dwarf and goat Ngige, fire Ogbennaya onu, fire Oji kalu.

And a special thunder and over charged lightning destroy and uproot anything that breath in midget fraudstar, lying, ocultic pastor Osibanjo's family.

May all supporters of the islamic party apc never die better.....

2 Likes

Re: 2019: "I Will Perform Better If I Survive Another Four Years" - President Buhari by Sharpshooota: 11:03am On Sep 28, 2018
JayCynic:
He finally admits he had a bad tenure

Zombies will arrive here to tell you otherwise
Re: 2019: "I Will Perform Better If I Survive Another Four Years" - President Buhari by Suko110(m): 11:06am On Sep 28, 2018
He is telling the political truth... but we dont want u to do better, just go in peace the little u have done is enough... Thank u

1 Like

Re: 2019: "I Will Perform Better If I Survive Another Four Years" - President Buhari by Stopdkillins(m): 11:17am On Sep 28, 2018
So u know u failed woefully foolish Islamist terrorist
Re: 2019: "I Will Perform Better If I Survive Another Four Years" - President Buhari by baliyubla: 11:25am On Sep 28, 2018
This Lifeless dying malu still has mouth to talk, after being an unmitigated disaster for the last three years. The only place you will perform better from 2019, is to see if you can finally grow the number of your fellow malus in Daura which has remained 150 from 1984. Dullard.

1 Like

Re: 2019: "I Will Perform Better If I Survive Another Four Years" - President Buhari by KingRagnar: 11:44am On Sep 28, 2018
“I’m always conscious of the ordinary people because they are the ones that always vote for me". These are the same persons that feel the positive impact the most. I believe they will vote him again now that he has shown them his capabilities towards making Nigeria a better nation
Re: 2019: "I Will Perform Better If I Survive Another Four Years" - President Buhari by Racoon(m): 11:55am On Sep 28, 2018
Buhari said he recognised that Nigerians in the diaspora were talented people and called on them to come to the support of the country, particularly, in education.
After insulting Nigerians as criminals that always seeking asylum in Europe & London where he have been on a perinnal medical tourism. angry

The president also said that he was not slow as some people had assumed, saying he was trying to follow the law, especially as democracy is different from military rule.
Simply a sign of cluelessness.However Buhari is always fast when its comes to manifesting his bigotry, Clannishness, impunity & lawlessness. angry

He recalled that he put people in Kirikiri Maximum Prison in Lagos when he was a military head of state and then ensured they remained in custody until they were able to prove themselves innocent.
Meaning he only believes in selective justice.An accused will prove his/her guiltiness only when in jail.Too bad.

Buhari, however, said his administration was making progress but had to go by the law assuring that “if I win the next election and I survive the next four years, I will do better”.
Still confirming he has been a failure.

He also recounted his experience in politics saying that he suffered electoral corruption from 2013 when he started contesting for the presidency and had at each point, pursued the case up to the Supreme Court but lost.
What an insult by the president on the supreme court that was the final arbiter in these electoral cases.

1 Like

Re: 2019: "I Will Perform Better If I Survive Another Four Years" - President Buhari by Dandsome: 12:07pm On Sep 28, 2018
Lip service. Tongue in cheek
Re: 2019: "I Will Perform Better If I Survive Another Four Years" - President Buhari by Jokerman(m): 1:02pm On Sep 28, 2018
Baba you didn't show any signs of it in your first term...and if you should win the 2nd term, most of the votes are for just you to finish North's term and handover to the south, that can propel the changes Nigeria truly needs....
Re: 2019: "I Will Perform Better If I Survive Another Four Years" - President Buhari by YhungPablo(m): 1:08pm On Sep 28, 2018
You still have some months to perform better.. ndiara

1 Like

Re: 2019: "I Will Perform Better If I Survive Another Four Years" - President Buhari by Omeokachie: 2:03pm On Sep 28, 2018
Take the Mic far away from him...always!

1 Like

Re: 2019: "I Will Perform Better If I Survive Another Four Years" - President Buhari by mbos: 3:21pm On Sep 28, 2018
terrible faillure
Re: 2019: "I Will Perform Better If I Survive Another Four Years" - President Buhari by Belluchii: 4:18pm On Sep 28, 2018
If the president has promised to do better if voted in for continuity, i will agree with him, this is because he has done alot in less than four years, its good that he instructed the inec that all Nigerians must be allowed to vote whoever they want without harassment.
Re: 2019: "I Will Perform Better If I Survive Another Four Years" - President Buhari by Nobody: 4:20pm On Sep 28, 2018
Thunder would fire you to your Daura grave soonest, and it would be long overdue. Old dirty bastard.
Re: 2019: "I Will Perform Better If I Survive Another Four Years" - President Buhari by Teaser4(m): 4:21pm On Sep 28, 2018
mad goat

Re: 2019: "I Will Perform Better If I Survive Another Four Years" - President Buhari by Arda1000(m): 4:59pm On Sep 28, 2018
LIFLESS BABA trying to sell the old scam again
Re: 2019: "I Will Perform Better If I Survive Another Four Years" - President Buhari by ojobek: 5:09pm On Sep 28, 2018
Go to your Daura jejely,nobody want you again,lifeless one.

(1) (Reply)

Ondo State Is Gradually Becoming A Commercial Hub In Nigeria / 2019 Budget Is Based On Fraud; Correct Me If I Am Wrong / Zamfara Killings: My Governor Will Soon Return - Acting Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.