Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? (47411 Views)

Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. / Is It Wise To Pay 200k/a Rent From 80k Job? / Can One Rent An Apartment Of 250k Per Annum With 80k Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by taretoofine(m): 7:59am On Sep 29, 2018
bros stay back and grow your career, except you have more than 5 years to stay in Uk which enrolls you for PR, but 2 year actually no no.Experience talking!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by Godsgift7837: 7:59am On Sep 29, 2018
grin

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by otunde527: 8:00am On Sep 29, 2018
If you want to go over there you will have more than one job..

If its sure you can go for it..
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by Caniva01: 8:00am On Sep 29, 2018
London is expensive, I'll advise you go for US. Better chances await you there. God bless your hussle and make a favoured way for you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by Sergioaguero: 8:02am On Sep 29, 2018
He might come back empty handed starting from zero. Hight tax and cost of living, high rent, electricity bill, no Job except care services like home keeping grannies. Eve Naija top MBA and proffessionals who go there hoping for a better job end up shining shoe. If you can do manial jobs and take shame away, then you can survive. But meanwhile pray well o, cos shame to no let you come back empty handed. I prefer you go to country you can be sending something back home to sell while they send you money back their. Only send money to trusted one oh. Japan, korea, is not bad for a manufacturiing Job.

Akalia:
A good old cliché quips- a bird at hand is worth more than a hundred out there.

If you don't have a blueprint of what exactly you intend to do in London and how to go about it, please stay back and make a life for yourself in Nigeria.

80k monthly paying job in a country like Nigeria is relatively a juicy one, if you ask me.

Bro please I am out of job, connect me to any that befits a graduate. Thanks in anticipation of your helpful response.

3 Likes

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by nwakibie3(m): 8:03am On Sep 29, 2018
OP its up to u. If its me, i will gladly leave.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by Rhozabeth(m): 8:03am On Sep 29, 2018
Goodplace:
Please I intent to go to London to for a better life but currently I earn about 80k. Is it wiser to travel to London to hustle? Please advice.
Better to stay here and look for ways to develop urself so that u can earn more. In London there are more than a million Africans that are living there like rats living in our homes, always hiding from the police! When u make money here u can travel there on holidays. However, if u must travel, look for legal ways to get to the US!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by Lexusgs430: 8:05am On Sep 29, 2018
Goodplace:
Please I intent to go to London to for a better life but currently I earn about 80k. Is it wiser to travel to London to hustle? Please advice.

On the blackmarket or legally hustle ?
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by Olajah81: 8:06am On Sep 29, 2018
elmisti:
UK is the "wrongest" place to hustle, consider USA or just stay jeje for naija. ask Bobrisky if u in doubts.

Bomb dey ur head..
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by Lexusgs430: 8:06am On Sep 29, 2018
Iwanttoto:

TheTrueApostle

You like to find wahala .......
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by sweetilicious(f): 8:08am On Sep 29, 2018
rman:
You better stay back. There are several Nigerian hustlers in London that will gladly come back to take that 80k job.

Unless you have some very special skills in some certain fields which you feel pays well over there.

There is always room for growth here.

Yeah.I agree.Except you have a good paying job there,life is hard there.Better stay here and get a better skill.But if you have someone there you can squat with to plan,you are good to go.My Bro said so many Nigerians over there without no job, involving in crimes.Better stay here and work your way up in your job.

3 Likes

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by erico2k2(m): 8:08am On Sep 29, 2018
Goodplace:
Ahaha Bross if you have a sure way of going to London and you are here asking this question ; then the Witches and wizards in ur village has tapped into your wifi .

4 Likes

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by EnglishUsa: 8:08am On Sep 29, 2018
I have never insulted anybody before but, if you are not close to animal in your house then you know you are an animal for asking such animatic question. Going abroad is not for making money, is just for you to be expose and also Liv a good and healthy life. Ask your self why anybody deported from abroad always find it difficult to stay in this zoo, continue asking the question until all countrys will say the are not giving Nigerians visa anymore.

2 Likes

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by GENTLETEE(m): 8:09am On Sep 29, 2018
I believe it is okay to head to London as it will pay you better. 80k job is too small to make you remain.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by gabicon: 8:10am On Sep 29, 2018
You need to be logical in making this decision, if you earn 80k in Nigeria I presume that the skills you have are rudimentary, we Nigeria is like every other country in the world low skill low pay. Lets look at it this way if you warn £2k in London, you probably won't be able to maintain a saving cos the cost of living is high, I have a number of folks trying to exist the system in UK but for how things are in Nigeria. Secondly consider the whole Brexit wahala, should the deal fall through all illegal and unproductive emigrats will face deportation. My advise is if you desire to relocate develop your skills here in Nigeria be accredited with international bodies then it will be the UK looking for you but I pretty much guess when you do that you won't want to leave Nigeria again.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by erico2k2(m): 8:11am On Sep 29, 2018
sweetilicious:
Yeah.I agree.Except you have a good paying job there,life is hard there.Better stay here and get a better skill.But if you have someone there you can squat with to plan,you are good to go.My Bro said so many Nigerians over there without no job, involving in crimes.Better stay here and work your way up in your job.
Bross 80k ? When some people transport nah 30k a month ? When kids get in the picture nko ? This guy must be a young man now is the time to hustle . Look at all your leaders today . They all did same hence 70% of them ja e dual nationality .

2 Likes

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by eghuan1(m): 8:11am On Sep 29, 2018
My simple advice, if you have the necessary document and enough money to last you more than a month over there, go towards the Scandinavian countries. Norway or Sweden

4 Likes

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:11am On Sep 29, 2018
You can make a net income that is thrice that amount plus you have a greater standard of living. I am not in London, but in Manchester though.

4 Likes

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by akinselurea: 8:11am On Sep 29, 2018
Goodplace:

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?

Even S/A, better than 150k Nigeria job

4 Likes

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by AngelicBeing: 8:12am On Sep 29, 2018
sad
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by lakeside79937: 8:12am On Sep 29, 2018
Make sure you get your work permit before you come to hustle in london . Without your work permit it would be hard for you to get a job . UK has changed alot and with the strict immigration rules now it's not easy .make sure you do your home work well honestly it's not easy no more Runs in the uk if you are caught na go be o

3 Likes

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by don4real18(m): 8:13am On Sep 29, 2018
Akalia:
A good old cliché quips- a bird at hand is worth more than a hundred out there.

If you don't have a blueprint of what exactly you intend to do in London and how to go about it, please stay back and make a life for yourself in Nigeria.

80k monthly paying job in a country like Nigeria is relatively a juicy one, if you ask me.

Bro please I am out of job, connect me to any that befits a graduate. Thanks in anticipation of your helpful response.
So because you are jobless, you called an 80k job juicy. Wait till you get an apartment, wife and kids.
Anyway sha, what did you study?

2 Likes

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by erico2k2(m): 8:13am On Sep 29, 2018
gabicon:
You need to be logical in making this decision, if you earn 80k in Nigeria I presume that the skills you have are rudimentary, we Nigeria is like every other country in the world low skill low pay. Lets look at it this way if you warn £2k in London, you probably won't be able to maintain a saving cos the cost of living is high, I have a number of folks trying to exist the system in UK but for how things are in Nigeria. Secondly consider the whole Brexit wahala, should the deal fall through all illegal and unproductive emigrats will face deportation. My advise is if you desire to relocate develop your skills here in Nigeria be accredited with international bodies then it will be the UK looking for you but I pretty much guess when you do that you won't want to leave Nigeria again.
Erme can I ask U a question ?
Do you know earning 2k in the UK means earning 30k plus per year ?
Do you know the Police and the Army earn less than that at entry point ?
Do U also know that a 2k job means you are middle class ?

1 Like

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by Rindo69: 8:14am On Sep 29, 2018
There is no ‘hustle’ in London, unless by hustle you mean work hard then I will ask if you have a right to work there. If your answer is yes, you are good to go; if it’s a no, stay here. No one will employ you without a right to work, they will be fined heavily if you are caught working there. However, if hustle means indulge in fraud then you may be better off there; their prisons are better at least and you get a free return ticket back after your jail term.... an no job here. Home is best and this is coming from someone who holds a right to live and work there but prefers Nigeria.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by erico2k2(m): 8:16am On Sep 29, 2018
don4real18:

So because you are jobless, you called an 80k job juicy. Wait till you get an apartment, wife and kids.
Anyway sha, what did you study?
Sometimes you wonder why some people are poor .
My smally just now just served in a company in rivers LNG . He applied for a job at General Electrics last year.He got it.starting 300k per month . This one is talking 80k kontue

1 Like

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by Akpacha(m): 8:18am On Sep 29, 2018
Goodplace:
London is not d best place to go hustle if u don't have anyone to stay with or expecting a job immediately. Still if u are lucky 2yrs in London can change ur fortune for eternity. Canada, USA feel better for hustling wish u luck man!
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:19am On Sep 29, 2018
gabicon:
Bros what type of skill would you recommend
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by AreaFada2: 8:21am On Sep 29, 2018
elmisti:
UK is the "wrongest" place to hustle, consider USA or just stay jeje for naija. ask Bobrisky if u in doubts.
Wrong perception. USA under Donald Trump? I know several people living in USA since early 1990s who have been sent packing and cannot return to USA. They had documents and used to visit 9ja & Europe from USA. Some were kicked out for bad record earned as newbies to USA back then.

First ascertain what he means by "hustle". Is he going as a visitor and then stay behind illegally? Is he travelling through Sahara hoping to get to London before end of 2019? cheesy grin

How will he sort out his residence permit? His gf might be living in UK for example. We do not know.

I know far more people who want to travel to UK than those 9ja people in UK who want to return to 9ja.

If you doubt, just conduct this simple social experiment. Let the UK ambassador/high commissioner in 9ja park 10 Coaster buses outside big companies in Ilupeju where average salary may be 80k per month and promise those first to get in 2 years working visa in UK. Then let the Nigerian Ambassador in UK & Otedola park 2 similar buses in Peckham and ask Nigerians willing to return to 9ja and work for Otedola with 80k job guaranteed for 5 years get on the buses.

How soon do you think the Ilepeju 10 buses will fill up? And how many Nigerians do you think will climb into the buses in Peckham? grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin

I can assure you that some married women with 5 kids at home will enter the buses in Ilepeju without informing their hubbies sef. grin cheesy grin

Depending on his plans, he can do well if he arrives legally and stays legally in UK.

But if no concrete plans for the UK, he has much room to grow in his 9ja job and he enjoys the job, he should consider it carefully before going for the unknown.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by hardigsbaba(m): 8:21am On Sep 29, 2018
Bros pls go and hustle in a saner clime at least
Here no be am at all
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by graphiti: 8:22am On Sep 29, 2018
What skills do u possess or u just want to go there roaming d streets looking 4 menial jobs? If u possess no special skills (note: not necessarily paper qualifications), it won't be as easy as u presume o.

By d time u add d travel processing cost together, everything will be running to a million.
Why not use ds money for business here in Naija or get some skills and establish urself. Who told u that u can't make it here? What u need is 'Light'.

Someone said: 'A Lizard in Nigeria cannot be a Lion Abroad'!
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by Pasca07: 8:22am On Sep 29, 2018
lakeside79937:
Make sure you get your work permit before you come to hustle in london . Without your work permit it would be hard for you to get a job . UK has changed alot and with the strict immigration rules now it's not easy .make sure you do your home work well honestly it's not easy no more Runs in the uk if you are caught na go be o
what about someone that earn 25k per month doing teaching job is it advisable to travel to UK on visiting visa?or stay in naija with the said amount?
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by Piyke: 8:24am On Sep 29, 2018
Goodplace:

I think you need to define the "hustle" in London. If it's going genuinely with "papers" to try to find a new life (and this aligns with your spirit and future career plans) fine and good. On the other hand, if it's the whole illegal immigrant thing, I would recommend you remain in Nigeria and grow your career. Earning good money in Nigeria is very possible and many do. Invest in yourself, career development and all and you will get there.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Graduate Trainees At AOS Orwell / NPA Employment: Who Else Got This Message? / The Job Application Letter Received In An Abuja Office From A Graduate (Pictured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.