Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,004 members, 7,817,969 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? (47390 Views)

Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. / Is It Wise To Pay 200k/a Rent From 80k Job? / Can One Rent An Apartment Of 250k Per Annum With 80k Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by SIRTee15: 10:14am On Sep 29, 2018
what I will say is if u have a legit work permit, then u are good to go and on the long term u wont regret it....
I know someone who was jobless in Nigeria, yet his 1st job in the uk was assistant manager in Tesco and this was 2 months after arriving in the country.....
The key is 'the right to work and live in the uk'.....
Try and avoid London if possible, except u have a reason to be there. London is too expensive for a starter..
Legit hustle is possible and very lucrative but its highly coded in this country. U really need to be street smart and have access to correct information to break even or else u go just dey struggle.....
And this is the reason why a lot of Nigerians go for regular paid jobs.....
UK is what u make of it....
There's no honey or milk flowing anywhere....
Hard work and perseverance as well as being smart is the key....
I know Nigerians who have 10 flats to themselves yet there are some who have been in this country for 20 years and still living in council flats.....
Always plan, implement and evaluate periodically, make adjustment when necessary and don't stick with deadbeat for long....
Avoid Nigerians with defeatist mentality, they will always tell u is not possible and will want u to be at their level.....
shine your eyes and broaden your horizon if it means having Asians and Pakistan as role models......
I respect those guys, the speed at which they are taking over this country is alarming....
A Pakistani housewife once told me that with 5000 pounds u can buy a house....
I wish we Africans can also have that spirit.....

5 Likes

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by erico2k2(m): 10:16am On Sep 29, 2018
asuzor11:

Are you living in London? London is hell. even postgraduate fees are astronomous compared to us and Canada.. I have an aunt there and she is in hell state.. op should stay put and grow his income in Nigeria biko
Nah the level wey ur Aunt dey use post una B dat unto say she nor wan give na money, she is a clever Aunt!

4 Likes

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by erico2k2(m): 10:19am On Sep 29, 2018
SIRTee15:
what I will say is if u have a legit work permit, then u are good to go and on the long term u wont regret it....
I know someone who was jobless in Nigeria, yet his 1st job in the uk was assistant manager in Tesco and this was 2 months after arriving in the country.....
The key is 'the right to work and live in the uk'.....
Try and avoid London if possible, except u have a reason to be there. London is too expensive for a starter..
Legit hustle is possible and very lucrative but its highly coded in this country. U really need to be street smart and have access to correct information to break even or else u go just dey struggle.....
And this is the reason why a lot of Nigerians go for regular paid jobs.....
UK is what u make of it....
There's no honey or milk flowing anywhere....
Hard work and perseverance as well as being smart is the key....
I know Nigerians who have 10 flats to themselves yet there are some who have been in this country for 20 years and still living in council flats.....
Always plan, implement and evaluate periodically, make adjustment when necessary and don't stick with deadbeat for long....
Avoid Nigerians with defeatist mentality, they will always tell u is not possible and will want u to be at their level.....
shine your eyes and broaden your horizon if it means having Asians and Pakistan as role models......
I respect those guys, the speed at which they are taking over this country is alarming....
A Pakistani housewife once told me that with 5000 pounds u can buy a house....
I wish we Africans can also have that spirit.....
SOme of us Africans indeed Nigerians are very smart nowadays,If you have 20 Black doctors and 20 black Lawyers that is 40 black Africans, 35 of them would be Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by Lexusgs430: 10:22am On Sep 29, 2018
[quote author=erico2k2 post=71627397]
ahahahaah[/quote

Oga no mind that pesin, be like say weekend dey frustrate am ....

I don pm you, biko........
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by Lexusgs430: 10:23am On Sep 29, 2018
erico2k2:

Nah the level wey ur Aunt dey use post una B dat unto say she nor wan give na money, she is a clever Aunt!

Aunty don cast ......

1 Like

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by erico2k2(m): 10:24am On Sep 29, 2018
[quote author=Lexusgs430 post=71627827][/quote]
MayB dem nor get light grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by asuzor11(m): 10:24am On Sep 29, 2018
killsmith:
Bros, if you don't leave this country now, you might regret it for the rest of your life.

all that glitters are not gold. experienced people are advising him. And you're just making such stupid statements
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by erico2k2(m): 10:24am On Sep 29, 2018
[quote author=Lexusgs430 post=71627827][/quote]
I reply you already
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by Lexusgs430: 10:25am On Sep 29, 2018
erico2k2:

MayB dem nor get light grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Or Buhari + ladies of the night, don add dere own join ...
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by erico2k2(m): 10:25am On Sep 29, 2018
asuzor11:

all that glitters are not gold. experienced people are advising him. And you're just making such stupid statements
Name one expirience person here you know p lz
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by erico2k2(m): 10:26am On Sep 29, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Aunty don cast ......
Correct AUnty, she dey post them like kilode, remains mall nah dem go dey send her money grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by erico2k2(m): 10:27am On Sep 29, 2018
spiritedtete:

Yes oo for the kids ooo.... So that they won't grow up in a messed up environment like we did..
yep yep, aint that refreshing
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by Ugosample(m): 10:29am On Sep 29, 2018
Akalia:
A good old cliché quips- a bird at hand is worth more than a hundred out there.

If you don't have a blueprint of what exactly you intend to do in London and how to go about it, please stay back and make a life for yourself in Nigeria.

80k monthly paying job in a country like Nigeria is relatively a juicy one, if you ask me.

Bro please I am out of job, connect me to any that befits a graduate. Thanks in anticipation of your helpful response.

80k is juicy?

What sort of fuckery is this?

1 Like

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by gabicon: 10:32am On Sep 29, 2018
erico2k2:

bross I know all there is to know in the Uk, I have lived here 18 years, I have worked in the private sector and public sector, SO when I am talking Im talking from vast knowledge and expirience.The watch word is Plan well, have an Entry strategy and exit strategy, dont get carried away by shiny things then u r good to go.\\this society works, and with every working society people thrive and progresss if U r ready to get down and dirty!
Sometimes most of you just come on here and talk about what u know next to nothing about,
for example
Insurance. What has that got to do with a person who just migrated to the Uk? what is he Insuring?
Utility Bills £200? where did U get that figure from plz? there are rooms going in SE London for £450 all bills inclussive even Internet.
Transport, £110 will get you amonthly pass from zone 1 to 3 for those taking the underground, but the Buses are way cheaper, now people ride bike to work or simply live near work .
when we say earn 2k it was after tax not B4 tax hence I said a person earning 2K means 30£k plus per year
Still on tax, It is a personal matter, we all have tax code, your circumstances determins your tax code, so its not a blanket %
You are talking about Council Tax, let me Educate you.You only Pay council tax when you rent a whole House or Flat, When you rent a Room you do not pay council Tax in lump sum, it is inclussive in ur rent.as we speak there are self contains going for £600 in SE18 and SE28 all Bils inclussive ,water,gas,electric,Council tax,TV licence and Internet.
you got any more explanations you want cleared

Thanks for the education.
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by hefemzy: 10:32am On Sep 29, 2018
Men! Do you want to keep your acts together and stop getting your esteem deflated on bed. Visit this website https:///2NAHe3Z
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:33am On Sep 29, 2018
80k not that bad though but uk is a really though place unless u have skills to work there else choose a different country and go leave 9ja if u can.

as for me if buhari comes back again am outta here for sure angry
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by Lexusgs430: 10:33am On Sep 29, 2018
erico2k2:

I reply you already

Be like say nah Nairaland snail dey deliver the mail......
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by drnoel: 10:36am On Sep 29, 2018
GreenCap:

80,000 Naira is not up to 200 Pounds.

what are you waiting for?

jump into British Airways ASAP

or stay back and earn less than 1 million per year.

living in London is hassle but not too hard.

U need to ask Nigerians living in London. From Ur comments u haven't gone anywhere

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by Lexusgs430: 10:36am On Sep 29, 2018
erico2k2:

Correct AUnty, she dey post them like kilode, remains mall nah dem go dey send her money grin grin grin grin

Aunty fling them a banana, den rush am .....
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by LordsApostle: 10:40am On Sep 29, 2018
Iwanttoto Why you dey mention me here na, Wetin u want me to do?

OP, the UK is a very difficult place to stay oh, especially London, it is very hard, in all honesty, the UK is the worse place I think you can go;
why not think of Canada or the US, when you get there you mind need some supporters, get a training in info technology and watch yourself grow... But the UK is definitely not a place you will want to be; for Doctors or some select professionals, Yes, it's easier for them, but for someone hoping to go and hustle, please count the UK out, better to explore other options..
Wish you the very best in your pursuit in life, stay blessed.

2 Likes

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by Jsaviour(f): 10:56am On Sep 29, 2018
It's not about the location, it's about purpose.

If you don't have a precise idea of what you are going to London to do, my brother better think twice.

Some are sleeping under the bridge there while some are beggars but it's all about determination

If you are not the lazy type or the I am too big for this type, then you can go to London.

If you don't have a skill or business idea or even a good qualification that can get you fixed up there, Please have a rethink.

People that know the way are making good money in Nigeria legally.

Nevertheless, there are better opportunity there for people who are determine and are smart to recognise and take up opportunities.

You can chat me up for better ideas.
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by erico2k2(m): 10:58am On Sep 29, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Be like say nah Nairaland snail dey deliver the mail......
ahah PMB messenger ahah, i dey 9ja like dis, mayB thats why E dey slow
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by 9ja083: 10:59am On Sep 29, 2018
please, dear foget UK. when u get a job in UK, the bills you will pay will make u have little or nothing left.
but in Nigeria, we know how we manage things.
you can go there for holidays but not to go and work there.
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by Lexusgs430: 11:00am On Sep 29, 2018
erico2k2:

ahah PMB messenger ahah, i dey 9ja like dis, mayB thats why E dey slow

Fire WhatsApp message, number dey profile. Thanx
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by erico2k2(m): 11:01am On Sep 29, 2018
Jsaviour:
It's not about the location, it's about purpose.

Of you don't have a precise idea of what you are going to London to do, my brother better think twice.

Some are sleeping under the bridge there while some are beggars but all is about determination

If you are not the lazy type or the I am too big for this type, the m you can go to London.

If you don't have a skill or business idea or even a good qualification that can get you fixed up there, Please have a rethink.

People that know the way are making good money in Nigeria legally.

Nevertheless, there are better opportunity there for people who are determine and are smart to recognise and take up opportunities.

You can chat me up for better ideas.

I like ur last line, You cant be stupewd and live abroad, U must be street smart and street wise!
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by erico2k2(m): 11:05am On Sep 29, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Ok no wahala
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by iffybosco(m): 11:06am On Sep 29, 2018
omohayek:

Where exactly in SE London can one find these "£450/month all-inclusive" rooms you mention? And what kind of work would this wannabe "hustler" be doing in London for his or her workplace to be close to such a cheap room? And since when has earning £2,000 a month translated into £30,000 a year? Are you using some other sort of arithmetic than the one I'm familiar with, according to which the right figure should be £24,000?

Stop peddling lies and impossible dreams to the OP: London is one of the most expensive cities in the world, where even natural-born British citizens with decent jobs as policemen and teachers have real difficulty getting by, even when they've moved to the far outskirts of the city. Sums like £120 a day or £2,000 a month can seem like a lot to a Nigerian who is only thinking in terms of raw exchange rates, but once the cost of living in London is factored in, they turn out to be peanuts, not enough to sustain anything more than a barebones existence. For an unskilled wannabe illegal immigrant like the OP - with all the talk of "hustling" - even such low sums will be out of reach, and in the meantime there will be the constant strain from having to dodge authorities on the watch for, while working the sh*ttiest, low-prestige jobs where one's self-esteem will take a daily sustained battering. The notion that London is any sort of El-Dorado for someone who doesn't have in-demand skills is pure delusion.

To the OP, I'll say this much: if you aren't a qualified nurse or doctor, don't have strong programming skills, and aren't an engineer or accountant with years of experience at international firms like Shell and PWC, don't bother setting out for London, as all you are likely to find - if you ever even make it into the country in the first place - is suffering, humiliation and constant fear, living life at the very bottom rung of society. There are many "hustlers" in the UK who would love to return to what they had in Nigeria, but are unable to do so out of fear of losing face to all the people back home they've been feeding false tales of prosperity over the years.

Please enlighten me. I am a physiotherapists-to-be with a year of study to go in Nigeria and additional 2years of internship and youth service. Please what is my prospect in a country like UK in terms of getting a good job and quality of life generally sir? I would sure like to work outside Nigeria
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by erico2k2(m): 11:09am On Sep 29, 2018
Lexusgs430:

I don fire, wassap still on my UK number though
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by erico2k2(m): 11:11am On Sep 29, 2018
iffybosco:

Please enlighten me. I am a physiotherapists-to-be with a year of study to go in Nigeria and additional 2years of internship and youth service. Please what is my prospect in a country like UK in terms of getting a good job and quality of life generally sir? I would sure like to work outside Nigeria
YOu got it right ohhhh, with sport in the fore fro nt in the UK, just do your research well and undertake what ever pro exams you need and migrate.Them lot earn big.We have loads of Gyms and clubs etc
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by LordsApostle: 11:23am On Sep 29, 2018
slyfoxxjoe:
As a London returnee I will advice thus; Sit your a.ss down in Naija if you're not going to London with a clear plan like a specific job offer or an academic pursuit. Nothing like 'just going to hustle' there. You go wash toilet or stand like lamp post as security tire. That country has limited opportunities and is not conducive for random hustle..Try America.
the best advice on the thread.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by TEYA: 11:36am On Sep 29, 2018
GreenCap:

80,000 Naira is not up to 200 Pounds.

what are you waiting for?

jump into British Airways ASAP

or stay back and earn less than 1 million per year.

living in London is hassle but not too hard.
I can bet you know nothing about London.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by miqos02(m): 11:40am On Sep 29, 2018
Goodplace:
Please I intent to go to London to for a better life but currently I earn about 80k. Is it wiser to travel to London to hustle? Please advice.
try to go on a visit first and do survey to confirm if you can survive there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

NPA Employment: Who Else Got This Message? / I Will Never Apply For A Federal Government Job Again Without Strong Connection / The Job Application Letter Received In An Abuja Office From A Graduate (Pictured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.