Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,919 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:23 PM

APC Postpones Lagos And Imo Governorship Primary - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Postpones Lagos And Imo Governorship Primary (33045 Views)

2019 Imo Governorship: Moment Emeka Ihedioha & Tony Nwulu Campaigns Met / INEC Names Stanley Amuchie As APGA Imo Governorship Candidate / APC Postpones Lagos Governorship Primary To 'Fresh Time And Date' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Postpones Lagos And Imo Governorship Primary by Teryfik(m): 7:23pm On Sep 29, 2018
Ambode is only being bullied cos he is not dancing to the tune of APC leaders...
Sanwo-olu seems to be a popular jingo among the leaders in Lagos State hence the massive support from the LG chairmen..
Ambode will win Lagos if he decamps to another party...
selfish and greedy set of politicians don't really care what the people want

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Postpones Lagos And Imo Governorship Primary by Charly68: 7:24pm On Sep 29, 2018
People are ready to cause havoc in that kangaroo primary if they fumble . I think the party leaders are reading the mind of the common people who are not even party member on this matter. It is going to be a make or mar primary for the party. When you disqualify the best Governor that people know,how then do we believe in your new untested candidate . We are praying for PDP to get it right this time around so we can show Tinubu that he is not god in the land
Re: APC Postpones Lagos And Imo Governorship Primary by lovedayugo(m): 7:25pm On Sep 29, 2018
If you like shift it to next year, Ambode we know. How many likes for Ambode

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Postpones Lagos And Imo Governorship Primary by BabaO2: 7:27pm On Sep 29, 2018
iammo:

direct primaries, everyone counts... and if he still enjoys the real grassroot support then perhaps maybe only the elite and the mandate group with some few party top guns hate him
No, I don't like/want him either. Both him and wife too crude for my liking

1 Like

Re: APC Postpones Lagos And Imo Governorship Primary by Nobody: 7:27pm On Sep 29, 2018
ghuzy01:
Copied:
I met Buhari and Obasanjo in New York, and I can tell you this Buhari is not and will never be Obasanjo. Buhari read his speech at the General Assembly in New York, no one heard him. No one could hear what the man was saying. The reason you could hear him and I could hear him was because what you were listening to at home was broadcast. I had to use headphones even though I was in the hall to hear him. It was shocking. I will show you the video that I captured. People were walking out or doing their things. My colleague later asked me whether Buhari could not talk. It was so different when the President of France and others were there, giving the same speech. But Obasanjo has a presence that is difficult to ignore. At a gathering yesterday, when it was his time to talk, he stole the show. First of all, he disagreed with everyone, with the entire world! He said it is always repeated that health is wealth. I completely disagree with that. Health is not wealth. But health is everything, including wealth. Obasanjo continued. There was a rich man, he said, not quoting him word for word, who was never satisfied, then he got old, and lost his health and money and power and influence could not restore it. Then he realized he had the greatest gift on earth. Health. So he said he would end where he started, that health is not wealth, but health is everything, including wealth. People applauded, some stood up. Baba may have his scandals. But Baba is not Buhari. Forget the things Femi Adesina is dishing out. How Buhari unfolded Nigerian agenda here. There was nothing like that. Buhari is an uninspiring man, who does not grip attention. His so called charisma is just a myth, seeing him face to face, there is nothing. But Baba is baba!

S t o r y
For
The
g o d s
Why are you out of topics... Oga flip to another chapter

2 Likes

Re: APC Postpones Lagos And Imo Governorship Primary by iammo(m): 7:29pm On Sep 29, 2018
BabaO2:
No, I don't like/want him either. Both him and wife too crude for my liking
mostly the wife, the PSP/vision scape lawma palaver and the land use charges. but with all this he tried small sha
Re: APC Postpones Lagos And Imo Governorship Primary by Krafty006: 7:31pm On Sep 29, 2018
Ambode .......lekan si , we make shoes +2348181663616
Re: APC Postpones Lagos And Imo Governorship Primary by BabaO2: 7:32pm On Sep 29, 2018
Teryfik:
Ambode is only being bullied cos he is not dancing to the tune of APC leaders...
Sanwo-olu seems to be a popular jingo among the leaders in Lagos State hence the massive support from the LG chairmen..
Ambode will win Lagos if he decamps to another party...
selfish and greedy set of politicians don't really care what the people want
That is a cheap blackmail man, ambode was far remotely in pole position to be governor of Lagos State, but Tinubu fought for him because he's a Christian, more or less imposed him through Oba Akiolu and others, but the guy was overated by Tinubu, he destroyed working system. Please let him go. Tinubu himself has just one vote, he can't influence anything..

1 Like

Re: APC Postpones Lagos And Imo Governorship Primary by Naza25: 7:33pm On Sep 29, 2018
For the fourth time?
Re: APC Postpones Lagos And Imo Governorship Primary by SirdeKay: 7:38pm On Sep 29, 2018
This is a very strategic move by the APC hawks who are hellbent on seeing the back of Ambode. They want to be sure that if they pull the plugs on him at the dying minutes, Ambode will not be able to decamp to another major party as it will be too late as most of the notable parties are rounding up their primaries this weekend.
If I were Ambode now, I will make my own move this weekend by secretly picking up the flag of one of the notable parties while I await the outcome of the rescheduled APC primaries.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Postpones Lagos And Imo Governorship Primary by BabaO2: 7:39pm On Sep 29, 2018
iammo:

mostly the wife, the PSP/vision scape lawma palaver and the land use charges. but with all this he tried small sha
anybody from APC except PDP will perform in Lagos State. There are lots of untapped ideas to be implemented in Lagos
Re: APC Postpones Lagos And Imo Governorship Primary by figurine: 7:40pm On Sep 29, 2018
BabaO2:
That is a cheap blackmail man, ambode was far remotely in pole position to be governor of Lagos State, but Tinubu fought for him because he's a Christian, more or less imposed him through Oba Akiolu and others, but the guy was overated by Tinubu, he destroyed working system. Please let him go. Tinubu himself has just one vote, he can't influence anything..

E rat � spotted
Re: APC Postpones Lagos And Imo Governorship Primary by Ategberoson(m): 7:45pm On Sep 29, 2018
olatade:
APC will loose Lagos state if ambo is replaced. Tinubu should be told clearly by those who are close to him. The time has passed when 10men sit and decide who to lead. Osun is a lesson. Work well and even PDP fans will vote for u. Ambo or APC is gone in Lagos. Beware of the money bags doing more to capture Lagos. Saraki and and Atiku and watching to take their share after Osun slipped by.

APC cannot loose Lagos with the present PDP in Lagos

that aside, if federal might tends to aid ambode inn against the stakeholders wishes then the PDP should get ready to exploit that advantage as tinubu will work against buhari victory in southwest and sanwolu would be lead to AD to take his governorship election which would put an end to APC. PDP cannot win Lagos state they have no political tactics and vibes to win Lagos

1 Like

Re: APC Postpones Lagos And Imo Governorship Primary by Teryfik(m): 7:49pm On Sep 29, 2018
BabaO2:
destroyed the working system how??
Last time I checked Ambode was one of the most performing if not the most performing Governor in Nigeria or you mean he hasn't paid his DUES

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Postpones Lagos And Imo Governorship Primary by statusquoante: 7:51pm On Sep 29, 2018
Ategberoson:

that aside, if federal might tends to aid ambode inn against the stakeholders wishes then the PDP should get ready to exploit that advantage as tinubu will work against buhari victory in southwest and sanwolu would be lead to AD to take his governorship election which would put an end to APC. PDP cannot win Lagos state they have no political tactics and vibes to win Lagos

How can Tinubu work against Buhari in the south west?
Tinubu that could not win Osun for APC without brute federal might
Re: APC Postpones Lagos And Imo Governorship Primary by statusquoante: 7:52pm On Sep 29, 2018
SirdeKay:
This is a very strategic move by the APC hawks who are hellbent on seeing the back of Ambode. They want to be sure that if they pull the plugs on him at the dying minutes, Ambode will not be able to decamp to another major party as it will be too late as most of the notable parties are rounding up their primaries this weekend.
If I were Ambode now, I will make my own move this weekend by secretly picking up the flag of one of the notable parties while I await the outcome of the rescheduled APC primaries.

Cheap lines of consolation.
Even Tinubu knows there is fire on the mountain.... grin
Re: APC Postpones Lagos And Imo Governorship Primary by marticeus(m): 7:53pm On Sep 29, 2018
[quote author=emmalexabl post=71639827]If they like., they can postpone it I

I thought Ibos are Jews and they came from Israel
Re: APC Postpones Lagos And Imo Governorship Primary by Ategberoson(m): 7:58pm On Sep 29, 2018
statusquoante:

How can Tinubu work against Buhari in the south west?
Tinubu that could not win Osun for APC without brute federal might

really? so why are your kinsmen screaming his name after buhari's victory in 2015? pls seek knowledge
Re: APC Postpones Lagos And Imo Governorship Primary by vineyardfarms: 8:02pm On Sep 29, 2018
Bobby4090:
It's either Abuja wants to see how it can help Ambode or Ambode as the sitting Governor is deliberately stalling his own party convention because of the disaster he foresees. Either way, he is 95% sure of losing.
And if at all the impossible happens and he is rigged in with help from Abuja, it's either he is impeached before December or expelled from the party by the state chapter as virtually all of the state APC, house of Assembly, L.G chairmen and councillors have one form of hatred for the guy.
HATED, YES BECAUSE NO MONEY TO SHARE.
Re: APC Postpones Lagos And Imo Governorship Primary by statusquoante: 8:04pm On Sep 29, 2018
Ategberoson:

really? so why are your kinsmen screaming his name after buhari's victory in 2015? pls seek knowledge

That was in 2015.
Things have since changed... embarassed
Re: APC Postpones Lagos And Imo Governorship Primary by dazzlingd(m): 8:06pm On Sep 29, 2018
olatade:
APC will loose Lagos state if ambo is replaced. Tinubu should be told clearly by those who are close to him. The time has passed when 10men sit and decide who to lead. Osun is a lesson. Work well and even PDP fans will vote for u. Ambo or APC is gone in Lagos. Beware of the money bags doing more to capture Lagos. Saraki and and Atiku and watching to take their share after Osun slipped by.

Pdp cannot win Lagos. Lagos is the capital of Apc, everything about Lagos speaks Apc, let apc present a goat, the goat will win Lagos.
Re: APC Postpones Lagos And Imo Governorship Primary by bukatyne(f): 8:07pm On Sep 29, 2018
AreaFada2:

If I was Ambo, if the whole godfather politics gets too much, I will just leave politics altogether.
But they enjoy the power & money in it too much to go.

You do not have to be in politics to contribute.

It's obvious he's not a typical Nigerian politician. He thought just focusing on the job like a technocrat is enough. Without political distractions.

Ambode's problem is that he wants to chop alone.

It is either you are clean or call your family members to eat with you.
Re: APC Postpones Lagos And Imo Governorship Primary by Ategberoson(m): 8:14pm On Sep 29, 2018
statusquoante:

That was in 2015. Things have since changed... embarassed

just watch&see how things unfold
Re: APC Postpones Lagos And Imo Governorship Primary by dotunbidemi: 8:14pm On Sep 29, 2018
if Abuja mess up with Lagos APC...

1. the south west will shift to a third party and the will win the south west governorship election
2. APC will lose in the south west come presidential election the vote in the south west will be divided giving PDP a shout at the Aso rock seat.
3. you don't mess with the south west we are the king makers... we decided every election in the land
Re: APC Postpones Lagos And Imo Governorship Primary by Realcash224(m): 8:14pm On Sep 29, 2018
unitysheart:

Even with the increased land use charge?
Buhari fail in all sectors yet Tinubu want him for second term even on a sick bed.

2 Likes

Re: APC Postpones Lagos And Imo Governorship Primary by drezzyx(m): 8:17pm On Sep 29, 2018
Am with ambode take it or leave it.. Sanwo who
Re: APC Postpones Lagos And Imo Governorship Primary by surgical: 8:19pm On Sep 29, 2018
olatade:
oga those that can not stand the pain of rigging should not contest elections, for now tinubu and co run things.if you like vote ambode inec will announce tinubu candidate, that is what is giving tinubu confidence
Re: APC Postpones Lagos And Imo Governorship Primary by statusquoante: 8:21pm On Sep 29, 2018
dotunbidemi:
if Abuja mess up with Lagos APC...

1. the south west will shift to a third party and the will win the south west governorship election
2. APC will lose in the south west come presidential election the vote in the south west will be divided giving PDP a shout at the Aso rock seat.
3. you don't mess with the south west we are the king makers... we decided every election in the land

Which third party
Tinubu couldn't deliver Osun without federal might.
Shame!
Re: APC Postpones Lagos And Imo Governorship Primary by deomelo: 8:21pm On Sep 29, 2018

APC Advisory Council Endorses Sanwo-olu.

The Governor’s Advisory Council(GAC) of the Lagos chapter of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has endorsed Mr Babajide Sanwo-Olu to pick the party’s governorship ticket for the 2019 election in the state.

Sen. Anthony Adefuye, a member the council, announced the endorsement to party members on Saturday, at a stakeholders’ meeting at the ACME Road state party secretariat.

He said the GAC, the highest decision-making body of the chapter, arrived at the endorsement after a meeting which lasted for several hours.

Adefuye said the meeting was chaired by national leader of the party, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, and was attended by other prominent members of the party.

Adefuye listed Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo, the Majority Leader of the House of Representatives, Mr Femi Gbajabiamila and Speaker of the state House of Assembly, Mr Mudashiru Obasa as some of those also at the meeting.

He said that the decision to back Sanwo-Olu, a former Commissioner for Training and Establishment, against the incumbent, Gov. Akinwunmi Ambode, was in the interest of the state and the party.

Adefuye also announced that the governorship primary had been postponed from Sunday to Monday but gave no reason for the shift.

He told the crowd that another aspirant, a former Commissioner for Works, Dr Obafemi Hamzat, had withdrawn from the race and had endorsed Sanwo-Olu.

“There was a GAC meeting held this morning which was attended by the Vice President, YemiOsinbajo, Majority Leader of the House of Representatives, Femi Gbajabiamila, Speaker, House of Assembly, Mudashiru Obasa, and others.

“This meeting was chaired by our national leader, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu. This is a meeting that we started at 10am. and we couldn’t finish early.

“After the meeting, I have been mandated by the GAC to announce this to you.

“The gubernatorial primary earlier scheduled for tomorrow, September 30th, has been shifted to Monday, October 1.

“Also, the GAC was informed by Dr Obafemi Hamzat of his decision to graciously step down and endorse Jide Sanwoolu.

“GAC has endorsed Babajide Sanwoolu as its preferred candidate ahead of the primary,” he added.

The announcement threw the crowd of Sanwo-Olu supporters at the meeting into wild jubilation.

Chants of Sanwo-Olu! Sanwo-Olu ! took over the atmosphere as supporters of Ambode exited the party secretariat in disappointment.(NAN)

APC Advisory Council Endorses Sanwo-olu.

http://thenationonlineng.net/lagos-governorship-race-apc-advisory-council-endorses-sanwo-olu/

Even his own party don't want him..

It's over for AMBODE

grin grin grin
Re: APC Postpones Lagos And Imo Governorship Primary by statusquoante: 8:21pm On Sep 29, 2018
Ategberoson:

just watch&see how things unfold

No wahala
May God preserve us.
Re: APC Postpones Lagos And Imo Governorship Primary by bestview: 8:22pm On Sep 29, 2018
Ok now
Re: APC Postpones Lagos And Imo Governorship Primary by walexsho(m): 8:24pm On Sep 29, 2018
Ategberoson:

Same way APC won Osun state... right? Alliance with Omisore and Other small parties ..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Soldiers And Shiite Members Clash Again In Abuja. Photos / Pantami: Sultan Of Sokoto Lied Against Jerry Gana On Boko Haram- Peoples Gazette / Aregbesola Impeachment: Osun Assembly Sends Him Judge's Petition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.