Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,325 members, 7,954,312 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:27 PM

Surrogate Mother: What Does The Bible Say? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Surrogate Mother: What Does The Bible Say? (17949 Views)

16 Ways To Choose A Wife, According To The Bible / 40 Words Of Wisdom From The Bible!!! / Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Surrogate Mother: What Does The Bible Say? by YINKS89(m): 10:36am On Sep 30, 2018
earn cool cash by following this link

http://workpocketmoney.com/?id=184019
Re: Surrogate Mother: What Does The Bible Say? by lawlhee: 10:43am On Sep 30, 2018
Juell:
I don't see anything wrong with it, cos the surrogate mother is only carrying the child till maturity. There are cases of friends or even family members serving as surrogates. The example u're taking from the bible cannot be seen as a case of surrogacy, cos Abraham slept with her. Incase of surrogacy in this present age, the surrogate mother's egg is not involved, she only carries a fertilized egg from the couple.

Thank you oh, in the case of Abraham he had sexual contact with her which could have even prompted him to have feelings for her in the natural sense. in the case of surrogacy she's only carrying the baby for the couple the egg belongs to the man's wife. The couple don't even know who's carrying their baby for them.
Re: Surrogate Mother: What Does The Bible Say? by Nobody: 10:45am On Sep 30, 2018
YINKS89:
earn cool cash by following this link

http://workpocketmoney.com/?id=18l4019
mumu na scam
Re: Surrogate Mother: What Does The Bible Say? by Nobody: 11:15am On Sep 30, 2018
Una don carry this crase enter surrogacy??

1 Like

Re: Surrogate Mother: What Does The Bible Say? by OsuMustGo: 11:46am On Sep 30, 2018
lovedayugo:

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.gotquestions.org/amp/surrogate-mother.html
Shut up!
The Bible is absolutely ignorant about what surrogacy is.
The wisdom of the writers is limited to their world as ay the time of writing.
That's why the Bible will tell you that the earth is flat like disk and that sun and moon are lights and the sun revolves round the earth.
Stop deceiving yourself with the rubbish you wrote.
Re: Surrogate Mother: What Does The Bible Say? by OsuMustGo: 11:52am On Sep 30, 2018
wonyi:

You spoke those words out of my mouth. Am I permitted to say Mary was a surrogate mother to Jesus? The idea of surrogacy started long ago. Jesus needed to come in human form. He needed a mother. Without sexual intercourse Our blessed Mary conceived. At the right time, Jesus started his work on earth.
Keep fooling yourselves

It amazes me when I here you people still call mary virgin when the story book (bible) even told us that Joseph had many other children with her.

Rubbish!
Re: Surrogate Mother: What Does The Bible Say? by Rollitout: 12:32pm On Sep 30, 2018
What is the meaning of Sorrowgate mama
Re: Surrogate Mother: What Does The Bible Say? by wonyi: 12:32pm On Sep 30, 2018
Re: Surrogate Mother: What Does The Bible Say? by linearity: 1:00pm On Sep 30, 2018
Complete non sense!

Hagar was not a surrogate mother, she was the biological mother.

It is just that, since Sarah was the one traditionally married to Abraham, she is seen as the mother. This practice is still prevalent in varying degree in Nigeria today.

Some ethnic tribes in the East the child of an unwed lady for whom the traditional bride price has not been paid, belongs to the lady’s parentage and bears her family name.

In some ethnic group, a surviving relatives can bear a child on behalf of his dead relatives with his surviving wife and the kid will long to the dead relative.

None of the above is surrogacy; to be called a surrogate mother, the egg of the mom or ciuple’s wife must be involved period! Else, for that child to be yours, you must go through adoption.
Re: Surrogate Mother: What Does The Bible Say? by Tollzara(m): 1:35pm On Sep 30, 2018
The Bible is not a timeless book. It is a local, limited, primitive, refuted book that reflects the thinking, philosophies, values, and social issues OF ITS TIME.

It is therefore impossible for it to have anything to say about modern trends that no nomad or goat-rearing Jew could have foreseen or anticipated.

Any indication of such an impossible reality should be taken as a dubious attempt at reinterpretation and misinterpretation by some individual high on cheap, low-quality weed.
Re: Surrogate Mother: What Does The Bible Say? by holluphemydavid(m): 2:02pm On Sep 30, 2018
OP, dere is noting like sorugate in d Bible, wot Sarah did was to give her maid (Hagar) to Abraham so Abraham can av a child and Sarah will train d child and c somtin to look up to, stop confusing people with ur post Biko
Re: Surrogate Mother: What Does The Bible Say? by bixton(m): 2:05pm On Sep 30, 2018
lovedayugo:

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.gotquestions.org/amp/surrogate-mother.html

Whoever you are, you are writing out of the context of the Bible.
There's no such thing as surrogate mother in the Bible.
How you fellas find comfort in distorting and twisting Bible quotations is quite alarming.

2 Likes

Re: Surrogate Mother: What Does The Bible Say? by Austine567(m): 2:12pm On Sep 30, 2018
Hoodbilonia:
i want to run a documentary
on ppls last words before they pass on to determine if they saw heaven,angels coming down or if they saw fire.
cause dis God. here in naija wtf
na confusion be our beliefs
before christ came nko
if dem enter yankee now
see pastor wey burst ear
plait hair
get tatoo
u go bind am say end times
dnt watch tv na sin
dnt sit near woman in church. na sin
africa oops i meant nigeria is far from civilization
I have no idea what you are talking about.
Re: Surrogate Mother: What Does The Bible Say? by Hoodbilonia: 2:14pm On Sep 30, 2018
really
Austine567:
I have no idea what you are talking about.
Re: Surrogate Mother: What Does The Bible Say? by lolaluv1(f): 2:16pm On Sep 30, 2018
A surrogate woman is like an oven.
She shares nothing with the child genetically. Only provides a womb and nourishment.

in my opinion, there is nothing wrong with it.

1 Like

Re: Surrogate Mother: What Does The Bible Say? by GoodMuyis(m): 2:50pm On Sep 30, 2018
A whole quoted from my Post that did not made FP

GoodMuyis:
According to Wikipedia, Surrogacy is an arrangement, often supported by a legal agreement, whereby a woman agrees to become pregnant, carry the pregnancy to due term, and give birth to a child or children, all the foregoing for and on behalf of another person or persons, who are or will ultimately become the parent(s) of the newborn child or children.

There are two kinds:
Traditional surrogate. a woman who gets artificially inseminated with the father's sperm. She then carries the baby and delivers it for you and your partner to raise
Gestational Surrogates. A technique called "in vitro fertilization" (IVF) now makes it possible to gather eggs from the mother, fertilize them with sperm from the father, and place the embryo into the uterus of a gestational surrogate.
Source: https://www.webmd.com/infertility-and-reproduction/guide/using-surrogate-mother#1

In either of the above case, the Surrogate mother (aka Pregnancy Carrier) do not need to have a sexual relationship with the father of the Baby, she only needs to be injected with seed from the father only or from both the father and mother.

The case of Mary the mother of Jesus seems to be a Traditional surrogate, who was found pregnant of/by the holy spirit and without copulation. This was impossible 2000 years ago, but the scientific breakthrough on surrogacy proved to us that a woman can carry a pregnancy without sexual intercourse. The idea of the Virgin birth of Jesus was foolish one until now that science itself prove that a woman can still be pregnant without traditional sexual arrangement.

This post exposes two things or more:
1=> That God has been in scientific procedures and business before anyone can think of one.
2=> That those mocking the possibility of the Virgin Birth of Jesus should repent and believe

And below are few things I would care less about at least for now:
A=> Whether surrogacy is sin or not, the Bible command that we do all thing to the Glory of God Almighty (YHWH)
B=> From which male do we get the inseminated seed into mary. The Bible clearly stated that Mary was found pregnant of/by the Holy Spirit. Logical explanation will be for another discussion.

Disclaimer: I neither say the Bible DID support nor DID NOT surrogacy, am just trying to open discussion with my Friends. And if you think am heretic kindly forgive me

What are your opinions?
Re: Surrogate Mother: What Does The Bible Say? by GoodMuyis(m): 2:51pm On Sep 30, 2018
bixton:

Whoever you are, you are writing out of the context of the Bible.
There's no such thing as surrogate mother in the Bible.
How you fellas find comfort in distorting and twisting Bible quotations is quite alarming.

The Case of Mary can be liken to Surrogacy

https://www.nairaland.com/4722884/does-surrogacy-scientifically-confirm-possibility
Re: Surrogate Mother: What Does The Bible Say? by GoodMuyis(m): 2:52pm On Sep 30, 2018
OsuMustGo:

Shut up!
The Bible is absolutely ignorant about what surrogacy is.
The wisdom of the writers is limited to their world as ay the time of writing.
That's why the Bible will tell you that the earth is flat like disk and that sun and moon are lights and the sun revolves round the earth.
Stop deceiving yourself with the rubbish you wrote.

Check my Quote above and learn

https://www.nairaland.com/4722884/does-surrogacy-scientifically-confirm-possibility
Re: Surrogate Mother: What Does The Bible Say? by jmichael259(m): 3:53pm On Sep 30, 2018
Don't get it twisted.
Re: Surrogate Mother: What Does The Bible Say? by brainhgeek(m): 3:54pm On Sep 30, 2018
In Genesis 22, when Onan, the second son of Judah spilled his semen on the ground because he did not want to raise a child (surrogate child) for his brother and God struck him dead because what he did displeased God.
In Matthew 22, Jesus gave a story to emphasize that surrogacy was a common practice and God was not mad about it, in fact, He supported it and struck the brothers who wouldn't raise kids for their dead brother.
It is however a matter of moral and sanity that we do not drag God into matters concerning into matters relating to our human thoughts and theological divides. If you are confused about a matter, take it to God or go to your pastor. Opinions of e-Christians and e-people could have a damaging effect on your faith.
God has a reason for what He does. Ask Him and He will tell you
Re: Surrogate Mother: What Does The Bible Say? by Seahawk: 3:58pm On Sep 30, 2018
The only thing that story of Abraham and Hagar illustrates is that married men shouldn’t sleep with anyone else but their wives. God frowns upon it and it never ends well. Check real life occurrences too. How many families are destroyed because daddy went outside to father children.

It has nothing to do with surrogacy
Re: Surrogate Mother: What Does The Bible Say? by jmichael259(m): 4:17pm On Sep 30, 2018
Don't get it twisted. That was just a story in the bible with a lesson to learn.
Sarah did something out of frustration and it backfired..

1)If man's sperm and wife's egg is harvested, Artificially fertilised and re-implanted. Don't think it's wrong. Medical help.

2)If the sperm or egg is coming from an outsider. It is still medical help but very similar to adultery.

My two cents: Not completely okay in ethical, morality or religious standings.

What to consider: If a man can not naturally get a woman pregnant but the woman is okay. Easier for the woman herself and man's extended family to accept the baby they saw her carry and bear than the adopted. Nobody will know or care if it was expensive IVF treatments or donated sperm.
If a man is okay and the woman has no eggs or can't be pregnant then the only way to get a child of the man's seed if he insists, is through a donor. This is more expensive than adoption and the child will be thought to be adopted by other folks cos the mother was not pregnant(unless she costumes and fakes pregnancy during the period).

Verdict: Adoption is way cheaper and drama free. Surrogacy is your Personal decision. Never involve having sex with an outsider things will go south from there.
Re: Surrogate Mother: What Does The Bible Say? by OsuMustGo: 6:13pm On Sep 30, 2018
wonyi:

Mr fool, you are sounding bitter because you have nothing to good to give out.Idiot.beast.mannerless slowpoke.

Are u blind?did u see that in my post? Did I call her a virgin? Although she was a virgin when she conceived Jesus because there was no intercourse.

I usually don't say hateful words on the net but I have to give you that. Read carefully slowpoke.

Stay off my mention . Imbe.cile

It will never be well with you and your entire generation.
Ndi ara
Idol worshipper
Anu ofia
Re: Surrogate Mother: What Does The Bible Say? by bixton(m): 6:15pm On Sep 30, 2018
GoodMuyis:

The Case of Mary can be liken to Surrogacy

Liken to.........no way

What is not is not and can't be.
Re: Surrogate Mother: What Does The Bible Say? by mamababe(f): 12:08pm On Oct 01, 2018
@ioannes when next you are ill please carry your bible and pray for divine healing don’t use any drugs, because these drugs came to being through the reasearch of these mad scientists. Remember life itself is a gift not a right.
author=Ioannes post=71653182]A Christian can not take part in surrogacy without committing sin.

It is morally and ethically wrong.

The same law that condemns IVF is also applicable to surrogacy.

Fertilization of the egg outside the body of the female, or harvesting already fertilized egg from a female's body or keeping of a human female's egg in a refrigerator for whatever purpose and intent is unethical and immoral and abominable.

Like the OP opined, having children is a gift not a right.

Experiments abound these days with "mad" scientists taking advantage of the availability of embryos and unfertilized eggs to tinker with nature, trying to produce cross breed between humans and lower animals, fertilizing eggs and culturing them so that they can harvest the embryo's body parts for sale in medical circles.

Man has truly gone astray. [/quote]
Re: Surrogate Mother: What Does The Bible Say? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Oct 01, 2018
[quote author=mamababe post=71686049]

when next you are ill please carry your bible and pray for divine healing don’t use any drugs, because these drugs came to being through the reasearch of these mad scientists. Remember life itself is a gift not a right.

Pause for a moment madam and meditate on this response of yours.

Because science produces drugs used to cure diseases means that everything that science does is OK? Is this the point you are trying to pass across because I am trying to understand your post.

Science and technology has created sex dolls. I guess that's okay too since they also make panadols to cure our headache.

Science and technology created atomic bombs and intercontinental missiles used to wipe out whole cities, but that's OK, they also made plasters with which to cover our wounds, no be so?

Science has created ways with which helpless babies can be made in a bottle and then killed because they want to harvest their organs for sale in hospitals. But it's fine as long as science has also given us the morning after pills so that we won't get pregnant anyhow.

Should I go on or can you already see how your post is ridiculous.

How in heaven heavens name can you say life is not a human right?

Of all the rights in the world, the right to free speech, the right to associate, the right to life, etc, which one do you think is the most important?

Life is a previous gift and it is the right of every human being to protect his life.

Why do you think law enforcement arrest those who want to commit suicide? Lol. Because they have no right to take their own lives.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Drop Your Prayer Point Here. / Can A Genuine Christian Guy Plait His Hair? / Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.