Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,873 members, 7,828,111 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia - Travel (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia (124627 Views)

Video Of Stranded Nigerians, Africans At Ukraine/Poland Border / American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread / Toni Iwobi: I Will Deport Nigerians, Africans Without Papers In Italy" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (70) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by Gerardmajella(m): 10:13pm On Feb 20, 2019
ibrahimovic303:

I will advise you settle in Germany, it’s a powerhouse like you rightly said..So, while studying you will always have Summer jobs to work your ass off to save funds for school, and with your contracts from jobs you can renew your stay, then you cannot drop your photography dream for anything, as a matter of fact, it is one’s side hustle that will make you wealthy here oh, you will understand better when you land...Germany Certificate of course is powerful and highly respected too, just like other EU member states...Germany is not UK that is out for your money, after your school, you will submit your contract of Work and get an extension permit...

PS: If you are a social media influencer, you will have an edge with your photography skills for your side hustle, taking breathtaking photos and putting on IG, Twitter etc...And you can always travel on cheap ryanair flights across EU states during free periods off work, chasing the dream and securing the bag

You may not know how much encouragement this is to me.

I'd start my search for a good university where I can study Marketing. I'd appreciate if you can recommend any
And I'll need to reach out to my Nigerian brethren o'er there

My photography no fit die by God's grace. And I'll have to start learning the language and also work on my social media pages
Thanks so much boss

2 Likes

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by Hadampson(m): 10:17pm On Feb 20, 2019
ibrahimovic303:

Lol na small small them take dey lick hot stew sha grin

Yes buh what about we wey get freezer for mouth grin

2 Likes

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by Gerardmajella(m): 10:41pm On Feb 20, 2019
ibrahimovic303:

I will advise you settle in Germany, it’s a powerhouse like you rightly said..So, while studying you will always have Summer jobs to work your ass off to save funds for school, and with your contracts from jobs you can renew your stay, then you cannot drop your photography dream for anything, as a matter of fact, it is one’s side hustle that will make you wealthy here oh, you will understand better when you land...Germany Certificate of course is powerful and highly respected too, just like other EU member states...Germany is not UK that is out for your money, after your school, you will submit your contract of Work and get an extension permit...

PS: If you are a social media influencer, you will have an edge with your photography skills for your side hustle, taking breathtaking photos and putting on IG, Twitter etc...And you can always travel on cheap ryanair flights across EU states during free periods off work, chasing the dream and securing the bag

A challenge I'm facing now is
My B.Sc degree in political science and I want to study Marketing (M.Sc) which is not a related discipline.

Most universities (both in Norway and Germany) I've checked require a related degree

I really don't know how to navigate through this

Please, you know anyone that has passed through this?
Any suggestion please?
Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by ibrahimovic303: 8:15am On Feb 21, 2019
Gerardmajella:

You may not know how much encouragement this is to me.

I'd start my search for a good university where I can study Marketing. I'd appreciate if you can recommend any
And I'll need to reach out to my Nigerian brethren o'er there

My photography no fit die by God's grace. And I'll have to start learning the language and also work on my social media pages
Thanks so much boss

Begin your hunting from daad dot de......I wrote it that way to avoid suspension. Anyway, we gatz dey fired up always, and believe that everything is possible....if possible, start building your social media page already now while in Naija! Take interesting Naija photos and flood your page, go to villages and post our cultural stuffs, thick beautiful Naija babes fetching water from streams, etc etc...trust me this would be worth gold when you head to Germany....Europeans are always fascinated by Nigerian and African things....I have a lady in Germany asking asking me when I will be going to Nigeria next so she can see how Lagos and Nigeria feels like grin....For my mind, I say this one nor just know wetin dey pain am oh... cheesy Learn German too!!! It would be a dazzler and further set you apart from others in your hustle field....As for your Bsc thing, it is a little tricky because Msc admissions are usually based on Bsc degrees...Do you have any work experience via Marketing? Because even GNLD matters for Naija fit help unto packaging matterz wink....sha add one plus one to wetin I just write wink Nor be my mouth you go hear say police dey wear black berret las las grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by ibrahimovic303: 8:22am On Feb 21, 2019
Gerardmajella:

Welcome back.
Omo, you dey ball like this oo

Well done boss
Things go dey stew.
Look forward to seeing the pictures cheesy

Omor person gatz chop life once once na....I gatz rotate small, network on the road with new people and stuff...This country too boring, lifestyle here na just parallel: work, work, plus school, plus side hustle...shuoo..

we go dey alright las las

1 Like

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by Hadampson(m): 9:36am On Feb 21, 2019
Gerardmajella:

You like Germany well well ooo.
I guess you're in the sciences too.
Thank you for your input and the time you spent to type .

Much appreciated wink

I love Germany smiley

Yes, am in science field

You are highly welcome bro. Wish you success in whatever decision you take.

Viel Glück

3 Likes

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by ibrahimovic303: 11:25am On Feb 21, 2019
Hadampson:

I love Germany smiley

Yes, am in science field

You are highly welcome bro. Wish you success in whatever decision you take.

Viel Glück

Then you will be there shortly! I just remembered a friend way back in Okota who always speaks American accent even though say na proper Okota nigga....my guy just dey obsessed with anything yankee....guess what? Oh yes! my guy dey Arkansas now dey secure the bag and the dream....everything is possible to he who believes and paints the mental picture continually....Then EXECUTE with grace!!!!!! smiley smiley

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by hammed71(m): 11:27am On Feb 21, 2019
ibrahimovic303:

Then you will be there shortly! I just remembered a friend way back in Okota who always speaks American accent even though say na proper Okota nigga....my guy just dey obsessed with anything yankee....guess what? Oh yes! my guy dey Arkansas now dey secure the bag and the dream....everything is possible to he who believes and paints the mental picture continually....Then EXECUTE with grace!!!!!! smiley smiley
me self go soon reach Yankee by God's grace working on it

3 Likes

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by Hadampson(m): 12:59pm On Feb 21, 2019
ibrahimovic303:

I just hope my story will change because village people have been following me around... I was offered Saudi Arabia working visa on a platter of gold but my parents rejected the offer.

Now, my uncle has arrived since last two months buh he doesn't want to see me simply because my mom told him not to.

Can you imagine... Someone wey i don put my hope on... He don fuc.k up

As i dey so, i no dey depend on anybody.. I dey look for any legal means to escape from this shithole. Even if na one African country, i don't mind

3 Likes

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by fwallex4truth: 1:09pm On Feb 21, 2019
Uhhh! sad cool

Bro. Just take it easy, cross Africa out of ur plan.

Think Europe & North America. Surely, one day, you shall get there.

Bless!!!

Hadampson:

I just hope my story will change because village people have been following me around... I was offered Saudi Arabia working visa on a platter of gold but my parents rejected the offer.

Now, my uncle has arrived since last two months buh he doesn't want to see me simply because my mom told him not to.

Can you imagine... Someone wey i don put my hope on... He don fuc.k up

As i dey so, i no dey depend on anybody.. I dey look for any legal means to escape from this shithole. Even if na one African country, i don't mind

1 Like

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by Hadampson(m): 1:19pm On Feb 21, 2019
fwallex4truth:

Uhhh! sad cool

Bro. Just take it easy, cross Africa out of ur plan.

Think Europe & North America. Surely, one day, you shall get there.

Bless!!!

I just hope so embarassed

Thanks for your response boss smiley

1 Like

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by olioxx(m): 4:28pm On Feb 21, 2019
My suggestion is for you to contact them either through email or telephone, and tell them your situation.
Lobatan!!
Gerardmajella:

My B.Sc degree in political science and I want to study Marketing (M.Sc) which is not a related discipline.

Most universities (both in Norway and Germany) I've checked require a related degree

Any suggestion please?

3 Likes

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by olioxx(m): 4:46pm On Feb 21, 2019
@Hadampson, just try to swag up your skills, and zoom out with a job offer.
As I am right now, I am patiently waiting for any job offer coming my way, by God's grace.
If you are a Coder, GitHub should be ya friend, I contribute to the Zurich Google Office open source projects (being a cyber guy), during spare time.
Companies want to see that you can contribute to theirs projects.
If you are into other form of Engineering, writing paper works online should be your best bet, and patiently wait for the Job offer.

5 Likes

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by Jaykolo10(m): 5:05pm On Feb 21, 2019
Gerardmajella:

Any suggestion please?

Bros I greet ooo...I've been following this thread for a while secretly though...but as I see you and the things you dey involved in I just know say I gats link up with you... because I'm currently into this photography and I've got this same vision....so I want ask if I fit link up with you or just message you somehow make I dey follow you my boss...
once again I greet oo

3 Likes

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by Hadampson(m): 10:39pm On Feb 21, 2019
olioxx:
@Hadampson, just try to swag up your skills, and zoom out with a job offer.
As I am right now, I am patiently waiting for any job offer coming my way, by God's grace.
If you are a Coder, GitHub should be ya friend, I contribute to the Zurich Google Office open source projects (being a cyber guy), during spare time.
Companies want to see that you can contribute to theirs projects.
If you are into other form of Engineering, writing paper works online should be your best bet, and patiently wait for the Job offer.

Boss, i don't know anything about coding. I started learning c programming and i must say it's not easy to understand it o

I still don't get the concept boss embarassed
Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by ibrahimovic303: 8:11am On Feb 22, 2019
Hadampson:

Boss, i don't know anything about coding. I started learning c programming and i must say it's not easy to understand it o

I still don't get the concept boss embarassed

I understand...even though I began courses at Udemy, I also followed an Indian guy up closely then via YouTube, check ”Clever Programmer” on YouTube...You can start with the beginner’s guide

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by ibrahimovic303: 8:15am On Feb 22, 2019
This weekend go pepper soup for me and my paddy man for this boat cruise oh, how I wish say this guy na Naija sef wink And like say babe involve for the road trip to Turku I for dey ginger...any how sha I nor dey fail to go Tax Free Zone for boat to pick up my favorite perfume and of course, my Jack Daniels (Jackie) wink...I nor dey play with that wine, if you know you know oh grin

6 Likes

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by Hadampson(m): 8:36am On Feb 22, 2019
ibrahimovic303:

I understand...even though I began courses at Udemy, I also followed an Indian guy up closely then via YouTube, check ”Clever Programmer” on YouTube...You can start with the beginner’s guide

Thanks Bossman

I will look into that as soon as am through with this semester examination

1 Like

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by Hadampson(m): 8:39am On Feb 22, 2019
ibrahimovic303:
This weekend go pepper soup for me and my paddy man for this boat cruise oh, how I wish say this guy na Naija sef wink And like say babe involve for the road trip to Turku I for dey ginger...any how sha I nor dey fail to go Tax Free Zone for boat to pick up my favorite perfume and of course, my Jack Daniels (Jackie) wink...I nor dey play with that wine, if you know you know oh grin

Chai... My body just dey shake grin I love traveling.

E dey do me make i just fly come Finland come join you guys.. Well, one day e go happen

Keep the update coming boss smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by ibrahimovic303: 9:15am On Feb 22, 2019
Hadampson:

Chai... My body just dey shake grin I love traveling.

E dey do me make i just fly come Finland come join you guys.. Well, one day e go happen

Keep the update coming boss smiley

E go happen surely...Na small thing...then when u don land Europe, the pressure to make good money etc from family, friends etc go start e own....No worry, as soon as you land, you go know wetin dey sup

2 Likes

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by ibrahimovic303: 1:49pm On Feb 22, 2019
My journey don start oh..We will take turns to drive until we get to the port at Turku, this na full road trip grin...I go dey update steady as promised

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by Richmondoau(m): 2:05pm On Feb 22, 2019
ibrahimovic303:
My journey don start oh..We will take turns to drive until we get to the port at Turku, this na full road trip grin...I go dey update steady as promised
oyaa, where is my seat belt .

2 Likes

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by ibrahimovic303: 2:09pm On Feb 22, 2019
So my Tanzanian guy wan drop him Czech babe for Kauhajoki because she attends some agricultural school there, I heard that city is like home of basketball in Etelä Pohjanmaa....but they are too racist there sad

10 Likes

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by ibrahimovic303: 2:23pm On Feb 22, 2019
We don come drop the Czech babe for her school oh, so we go help am drop her things then journey continues cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by ibrahimovic303: 2:26pm On Feb 22, 2019
Abeg who dey with me for this trip to Stockholm na? Una just plaster oh angry

12 Likes

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by olioxx(m): 2:34pm On Feb 22, 2019

7 Likes

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by ibrahimovic303: 3:12pm On Feb 22, 2019
Richmondoau:
oyaa, where is my seat belt .

Abi cheesy
Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by ibrahimovic303: 4:01pm On Feb 22, 2019
This is the city of Pori....make I greet one of my football coach friend for few minutes smiley

11 Likes

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by error4040: 5:02pm On Feb 22, 2019
ibrahimovic303:
Abeg who dey with me for this trip to Stockholm na? Una just plaster oh angry
We de here with Pop Corn and Pepsi......... Ride On.

3 Likes

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by ibrahimovic303: 5:21pm On Feb 22, 2019
error4040:
We de here with Pop Corn and Pepsi......... Ride On.

Correct grin

3 Likes

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by ibrahimovic303: 5:23pm On Feb 22, 2019
Journey continues to the port city of Turku where our Viking Cruiseliner leaves from...my coach friend just dey talk plenty, we gaz leave am make boat nor go leave us oh embarassed once Finnish people know say you dey speak their language omor them go wan give you all the gist for this life at once cheesy

11 Likes

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by Hadampson(m): 5:32pm On Feb 22, 2019
olioxx:
Boss first up, choose ya area of specialization. From their you will know all what you need to progress in your career. Note that programming languages, libraries and DB(Database) are just tools, the most important thing is to attain the zenith in your choosen field. Eg a carpenter may use a different tool in contrast to a welder, but generally these two are artisans, but they have general knowledge about other artisan work. So like wise, the world of Computer Science is very vast that you need to specialize, but you will have knowledge about other roles. Even in Cyber Security, there are much roles under it. So in my current role I use majorly HLA, C, C++, Python. I don't use Java since I have C++. Currently a full stack developer(Web) in Naija, so JavaScript and Python(Django).
So in summary:
* Choose and area of specialization.
* Learn about you choosen career.
* Learn OOP language and computer architecture.

* Algorithm and Data Structure - learn it well.

Abeg nor vex for my long story, No work today naim cause am.
Cheers

Thanks for the tips bossman
Do you mind putting me through c programming language. I just need the basic explanation.

Although i understand some aspects like function, data type and declaration, variables, and string just to mention a few.

But am still not satisfied. I want more explanations. Please can you be kind enough to explain it to me smiley

Someone told me that once i master the concept of c programming, c++ would be easy for me. How true is this?

What is the difference between python and c programming?

I hope my questions are not too much sha?

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (70) (Reply)

Swedish Admissions And Student Visa / Pictures Of Dana Air Crash Victims / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With No Visa From Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.