Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,944 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia - Travel (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia (123966 Views)

Video Of Stranded Nigerians, Africans At Ukraine/Poland Border / American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread / Toni Iwobi: I Will Deport Nigerians, Africans Without Papers In Italy" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (70) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by DemigodZeus147(m): 9:29pm On May 23, 2019
olioxx:

I understand, but no just wahala yourself, the money matter na small thing, the important thing say, just dey committed to your goal. Las las garri go hold water.

Baba I dey gbadu your vibes... Somehow somehow me and you get kind of connection based on your previous post.... Which line of IT you dey?.....is graphics design + data analysis a good part to hit?

2 Likes

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by olioxx(m): 9:31pm On May 23, 2019
ugnoble:

We pray so baba. So, since you also advice opting for estonia, can you tell me the average cost for rounding up the whole stuff? And which vocational skill can one learn to help matter there. Thanks.
Bros I nor dey for Estonia oo. But Google can help sha. Regarding vocational skills, Barbing and Plumbing should be ok.
Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by ugnoble: 9:36pm On May 23, 2019
olioxx:

Bros I nor dey for Estonia oo. But Google can help sha. Regarding vocational skills, Barbing and Plumbing should be ok.

Ok, thanks once more.
Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by olioxx(m): 9:36pm On May 23, 2019
DemigodZeus147:

Baba I dey gbadu your vibes... Somehow somehow me and you get kind of connection based on your previous post.... Which line of IT you dey?.....is graphics design + data analysis a good part to hit?

You la graphics?
Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by olioxx(m): 9:51pm On May 23, 2019
DemigodZeus147:

.....is graphics design + data analysis a good part to hit?
Bros baba, if math and calculus dey gba for your head like me(lolz), dem Machine Learning, Deep Learning, AI na where the mula (money) dey oo. I be dey talk of average $120000 paycheck per annum, plus great job satisfaction. See ehn with just Strong Math, Calculus and Probability knowledge(MCP) + good Algorithmic and Data Structure skills + Python (TENSORFLOW) knowledge + AI general knowledge, you don key in be that oo.
I suppose nor tell you oo, but as I see say you la tech enthusiast, I be just reason make I ja you si.
Even me self dey reason that ML side.
Another 1 na Data Science or Blockchain Dev.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by DemigodZeus147(m): 10:36pm On May 23, 2019
olioxx:

Bros baba, if math and calculus dey gba for your head like me(lolz), dem Machine Learning, Deep Learning, AI na where the mula (money) dey oo. I be dey talk of average $120000 paycheck per annum, plus great job satisfaction. See ehn with just Strong Math, Calculus and Probability knowledge(MCP) + good Algorithmic and Data Structure skills + Python (TENSORFLOW) knowledge + AI general knowledge, you don key in be that oo.
I suppose nor tell you oo, but as I see say you la tech enthusiast, I be just reason make I ja you si.
Even me self dey reason that ML side.
Another 1 na Data Science or Blockchain Dev.

You dey naija?
Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by jvof231(m): 11:51pm On May 23, 2019
Good day everyone, nice thread you got here OP, I need advise on some issues about traveling urgently. I already PM you. Thanks
Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by DemigodZeus147(m): 11:54pm On May 23, 2019
olioxx:

I do normal full stack web development (as a paid job), but I core in Malware Analyses(threat intelligence) as im be say Nigeria never advance reach Cybersecurity level, I be just dey run that 1 legbegbe. But I dey eye First Bank for some openings on TI.
You la graphics?

I dey plan enter that line.....
Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by Guruindahouse(m): 6:25am On May 24, 2019
You are absolutely right!
olioxx:

The old way is expiring bro.
Those graduate with meagre salaries are their own problem. We are in a JET age where you need skill(s) to supplement yourself.
I once worked a 50k per month job, but I considered the job thrash. I resigned with no predefined job(s). I hone my skill, I learnt from a teacher, and I am a proud tech guy today with decent compensation.
Look those few graduates that have lucrative jobs are those that have an indemand skill(s), and the companies are ready to dole out the cash on em.
Yes Nigeria is usless, but even with that you are not hindered to learn a skill(s) today and enjoy the blessings tomorrow.
NO PAIN NO GAIN...
I am open to constructive critism.
Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by Goztino(m): 7:12am On May 24, 2019
olioxx:

Look bro, even in networking you will need programming experience. Have you heard of Python 3x, Bash, Linux, Shell? All these are tools of a Network Engineer.

Na waoooo, so many thing to learn... Abroad Cold management, language, Msc course and now programming grin
Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by olioxx(m): 7:41am On May 24, 2019
DemigodZeus147:

You dey naija?
. . Xup! You nkor?
Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by olioxx(m): 7:43am On May 24, 2019
DemigodZeus147:

I dey plan enter that line.....
which line?
Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by cutegentility(m): 6:41am On May 25, 2019
Guruindahouse:
You are absolutely right!
Baba wa gbayi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by Oskydaniellyyy: 8:43am On May 25, 2019
olioxx:

I hope you factor in currency valuation.
The money earned from doing menial jobs are high in the Naira because of the foreign currency having a higher value. If you do menial jobs abroad,the person is likely to live paycheck to paycheck, remember bills, high cost of living, and taxes.
I am not against anyone advocating menial jobs in foreign lands, but I believe that if you know your job well and if you have an indemand skill, omor na foreign jobs go dey rush you.
I know people who left Naija and didnt do menial jobs, but instead got an offer, albeit they are all IT jobs.

My brother, get your facts right. It is not because of the exchange rate or the higher value of their currency. Most citizens of developed and developing countries earn liveable wage of which they can afford a comfortable apartment even better than lekki and Ikeja environment. They can afford to eat good foods , free health care and free education for their children and themselves, mind you Nigerian reverse is the case.

In Nigeria , you must earn at least 300 k naira to stay in two bedroom alone in lekki and Ikeja area not in a face me and face you or squating with a friendl family. The question is how many workers in nigerian earn such amount in Nigeria. If you get married and start to raise kid(s) in Nigeria then you start to feel the heat.

You will fuel your generator in nigeria, buy car with high import duties, pay NEPA bills with no light, bad roads, artificial flooding and erosion as a result of poor or no drainage, over spending on functions like wedding, birthday , burial and many unforseen spending

Menial jobs is for you to stand your feet abroad and get familiar to the work ethics and from there you can get the education , training and the required skills you will need to succeed in the environment.

Nigeria is over 190 million in population with GDP per capital of $2500, the revenue of nigeria government is around 18 billion dollars and our budget for 2019 is about 24 billion dollars and we even borrow to finance the budget where as an average country like Romania with population of of 18 million people has a GDP per capital of $12000 dollars, government revenue of 67 billion dollars in the year 2019.

Romania is for Romanians for now because they cant afford immigrants now because nigerians will have a visiting visa in the country and expect miracle and jobs. No jobs for immigrants in Romania yet they have the basics amenities for their citizens.

That is why we are a third world country and we have this entitlement mentality when we travel abroad. The US, Canada and UK has pulled the plug against nigerians because of our excessive .

Countries like Cameroon, Malawi, bostwana are now exempts for B1/B2 visa to travel to the US. Until we get our hearts together and start to ask questions about the way the country is moving , things might get worse

We are not doing well as a country. I just hope we do not misbehave in Scandinavian countries. We can not even do that because of the financial commitment for their visas .

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by olioxx(m): 9:07am On May 25, 2019
Oskydaniellyyy:

My brother, get your facts right. It is not because of the exchange rate or the higher value of their currency. Most citizens of developed and developing countries earn liveable wage of which they can afford a comfortable apartment even better than lekki and Ikeja environment. They can afford to eat good foods , free health care and free education for their children and themselves, mind you Nigerian reverse is the case.

In Nigeria , you must earn at least 300 k naira to stay in two bedroom alone in lekki and Ikeja area not in a face me and face you or squating with a friendl family. The question is how many workers in nigerian earn such amount in Nigeria. If you get married and start to raise kid(s) in Nigeria then you start to feel the heat.

You will fuel your generator in nigeria, buy car with high import duties, pay NEPA bills with no light, bad roads, artificial flooding and erosion as a result of poor or no drainage, over spending on functions like wedding, birthday , burial and many unforseen spending

Menial jobs is for you to stand your feet abroad and get familiar to the work ethics and from there you can get the education , training and the required skills you will need to succeed in the environment.

Nigeria is over 190 million in population with GDP per capital of $2500, the revenue of nigeria government is around 18 billion dollars and our budget for 2019 is about 24 billion dollars and we even borrow to finance the budget where as an average country like Romania with population of of 18 million people has a GDP per capital of $12000 dollars, government revenue of 67 billion dollars in the year 2019.

Romania is for Romanians for now because they cant afford immigrants now because nigerians will have a visiting visa in the country and expect miracle and jobs. No jobs for immigrants in Romania yet they have the basics amenities for their citizens.

That is why we are a third world country and we have this entitlement mentality when we travel abroad. The US, Canada and UK has pulled the plug against nigerians because of our excessive .

Countries like Cameroon, Malawi, bostwana are now exempts for B1/B2 visa to travel to the US. Until we get our hearts together and start to ask questions about the way the country is moving , things might get worse

We are not doing well as a country. I just hope we do not misbehave in Scandinavian countries. We can not even do that because of the financial commitment for their visas .

Abegii you wan kill person pikin, you just write reach everywhere .
What exactly is your point?
So that I can know how to tailor my own post.
But dont you comma write unecessary story for me.
Please.
Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by ibrahimovic303: 12:35pm On May 25, 2019
olioxx:

Bro Ibro, las las na skill(s).
In Western world, craftmen with the skills are earning the cash.
Just have a skill and you will be fine.
But Ibro dont call these menial jobs, they are just skills you possess.
Ok if I am a Barber(Hair stylist), will you say I'm doing menial job. NO!
Menial jobs entails: Cleaners, Waste/Refuge parking workers, etc.
But if you are a bricklayer, hair styling, tailor or fashion designer, you ain't doing menial, but you have a skill.
So let's make the difference clear.

I know those paddyman.....I am just highlighting the fact that one should be ready to face the music when situations arise...It is tough being black here bro...I landed my job because of my skills, but then a menial job pays almost as much as these when accumulated, and we are immigrants who have families in Naija that must be fed....What caught my attention was when you said "You can never do dish washing", I just concluded that this one dey flex for Naija na.

3 Likes

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by ferrariLaferrari: 1:19pm On May 25, 2019
ibrahimovic303:

I know those paddyman.....I am just highlighting the fact that one should be ready to face the music when situations arise...It is tough being black here bro...I landed my job because of my skills, but then a menial job pays almost as much as these when accumulated, and we are immigrants who have families in Naija that must be fed....What caught my attention was when you said "You can never do dish washing", I just concluded that this one dey flex for Naija na.
Bro please how’s admissions, tuition and getting visa like. Thanks
Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by Jamestown123: 1:42pm On May 25, 2019
olioxx:
. . Abegii you wan kill person pikin, you just write reach everywhere . . . What exactly is your point? So that I can know how to tailor my own post. . But dont you comma write unecessary story for me. Please.
Am sure u have never left this country before.

3 Likes

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by olioxx(m): 2:38pm On May 25, 2019
Jamestown123:
Am sure u have never left this country before.
So what is your point?
Let me understand you!
Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by olioxx(m): 2:46pm On May 25, 2019
ibrahimovic303:
but then a menial job pays almost as much as these when accumulated
. Explain please. . . Thanks.
Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by olioxx(m): 2:48pm On May 25, 2019
ibrahimovic303:

What caught my attention was when you said "You can never do dish washing", I just concluded that this one dey flex for Naija na.
Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by ibrahimovic303: 3:18pm On May 25, 2019
olioxx:

Explain please.
Thanks.

Here in Finland, the salary cap in the IT field for expats with foreign certificate and experience is around 2k5 euros per month before tax in medium scale firms....But brothers here make more than that by accumulating several cleaning shifts and post delivery, some add dish Washing and are raking in over 3k5 per month...I dont want to talk about some exclusive cleaners that earn more than that...It is why you gotta know what you want here...Uber/Taxi drivers make more than career people even...But this my rough statistics is restricted to Helsinki area or maybe Tampere and Jyväskylä

1 Like

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by ibrahimovic303: 3:20pm On May 25, 2019
olioxx:

Flex for Naija? I dey laugh.

I serious...Cos if you know the heat wey we dey get from family every month cos we dey here you go understand...Bills to be paid here in Finland nor be child’s play, plus family and friends in Naija... no time

5 Likes

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by olioxx(m): 4:03pm On May 25, 2019
ibrahimovic303:

Here in Finland, the salary cap in the IT field for expats with foreign certificate and experience is around 2k5 euros per month before tax in medium scale firms....
Is it for all IT fields?
Aren't some earning than that?
Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by ibrahimovic303: 4:06pm On May 25, 2019
olioxx:

Is it for all IT fields?
Aren't some earning than that?

Only Finnish work experience over the years can help for a little increase then

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by olioxx(m): 4:11pm On May 25, 2019
ibrahimovic303:

Only Finnish work experience over the years can help for a little increase then
Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by ibrahimovic303: 4:43pm On May 25, 2019
olioxx:

Finland with there low salary, huge taxes.

No worry bro...When you cross you go know as e dey play....

5 Likes

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by Ggetter50: 10:05am On May 26, 2019
ibrahimovic303:

I know those paddyman.....I am just highlighting the fact that one should be ready to face the music when situations arise...It is tough being black here bro...I landed my job because of my skills, but then a menial job pays almost as much as these when accumulated, and we are immigrants who have families in Naija that must be fed....[/b]What caught my attention was when you said "You can never do dish washing", I just concluded that this one dey flex for Naija na.[b]

grin cheesy
Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by Ggetter50: 10:13am On May 26, 2019
olioxx:

Finland with there low salary, huge taxes.
This Man won't kill me with laughter �... You call Finland a low salary country with huge taxes? Tell me, what kind of salary you looking for?

2 Likes

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by ibrahimovic303: 11:14am On May 26, 2019
Ggetter50:

This Man won't kill me with laughter �... You call Finland a low salary country with huge taxes? Tell me, what kind of salary you looking for?

Truth is that in all societies, you have to work your way up no matter how good you are..! sad It is same in Nigeria in some companies too....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by Ggetter50: 12:43pm On May 26, 2019
ibrahimovic303:

Truth is that in all society, you have to work your way up no matter how good you are..! sad It is same in Nigeria in some companies too....
Exactly !

2 Likes

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by ferrariLaferrari: 1:29pm On May 26, 2019
ibrahimovic303:

No worry bro...When you cross you go know as e dey play....
Boss please can i mail you Please bro

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (70) (Reply)

Pictures Of Dana Air Crash Victims / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With No Visa From Nigeria. / Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.