Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,325 members, 7,829,816 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

Is Google Trying To Depict Nigeria As A “Slow Moving Country” - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Google Trying To Depict Nigeria As A “Slow Moving Country” (3630 Views)

Unrelated Pictures Used Falsely To Depict Peter Obi’s Demolition Of Mosque(photo / We Used Buhari’s Teeth-picking Picture To Depict Lazy Leadership - Scottish Uni / Nasarawa Government Used Picture From Brazil To Depict Status Of Its Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Google Trying To Depict Nigeria As A “Slow Moving Country” by Timil: 9:21am On Oct 01, 2018
I woke up this morning around 4 a.m, logged on to make a google search then the Google doodle celebrating Nigeria’s 58 years of independence popped up on my screen and all I could think of was a snail.

As a guy with some graphics designing skills I didn’t think much, I already knew the Google doodle was inspired by a snail only that Google designers were smart with the design by shaping the shell in form of a semi circle, adding a cartoonized image of Zuma rock inside the shell, shaping the foot and head of the snail in a rectangular form with the left and right edge facing the North-West and North-East direction respectively, top edge towards the Northern direction.

Nigerian’s may see this as an insult from Google but are Google designers wrong about the depiction? No!.

Considering the current state of affairs of the country, they are not far from the truth our dearly beloved nation is still crawling rather than running or flying. Nigerian’s shouldn’t take this as an insult but instead should be motivated by the Google doodle and start working towards the progress of the country called “NIGERIA”.

Its high time we set our priorities and get them right, we should be long gone from the days of crawling a country with large amount of resources and a population of 196 million people shouldn’t be crawling but either running or flying.

“NIGERIA, THE TIME IS NOW.”

cc: lalasticlala, mynd44

5 Likes

Re: Is Google Trying To Depict Nigeria As A “Slow Moving Country” by chiefolododo(m): 9:22am On Oct 01, 2018
Baba go slow or baba full stop

7 Likes

Re: Is Google Trying To Depict Nigeria As A “Slow Moving Country” by OgogoroFreak(m): 9:28am On Oct 01, 2018
So, if I ask you to draw a snail, you'll draw that Google thing for me? angry

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Google Trying To Depict Nigeria As A “Slow Moving Country” by Amazingman(m): 9:29am On Oct 01, 2018
Wandas
Re: Is Google Trying To Depict Nigeria As A “Slow Moving Country” by Omeokachie: 9:32am On Oct 01, 2018
When the lifeless is in-charge

2 Likes

Re: Is Google Trying To Depict Nigeria As A “Slow Moving Country” by Vikkie14: 9:33am On Oct 01, 2018
There's actually a semblance between the two cheesy

11 Likes

Re: Is Google Trying To Depict Nigeria As A “Slow Moving Country” by HarryDuce(m): 9:34am On Oct 01, 2018
Your thoughts, your business. You can interpret it however you wish.

4 Likes

Re: Is Google Trying To Depict Nigeria As A “Slow Moving Country” by meezynetwork(m): 9:35am On Oct 01, 2018
Before nko
Re: Is Google Trying To Depict Nigeria As A “Slow Moving Country” by estyvino(m): 9:57am On Oct 01, 2018
OgogoroFreak:

Guy! You weeked!!

4 Likes

Re: Is Google Trying To Depict Nigeria As A “Slow Moving Country” by dbos11(m): 10:25am On Oct 01, 2018
Oh boy, because of this I've made up my mind not to visit Google again

FOOLISH SET OF PEOPLE angry angry

1 Like

Re: Is Google Trying To Depict Nigeria As A “Slow Moving Country” by dbos11(m): 10:27am On Oct 01, 2018
S
Re: Is Google Trying To Depict Nigeria As A “Slow Moving Country” by dbos11(m): 10:28am On Oct 01, 2018
Re: Is Google Trying To Depict Nigeria As A “Slow Moving Country” by greenmonk: 11:44am On Oct 01, 2018
Timil:
I woke up this morning around 4 a.m, logged on to make a google search then the Google doodle celebrating Nigeria’s 58 years of independence popped up on my screen and all I could think of was a snail.

As a guy with some graphics designing skills I didn’t think much, I already knew the Google doodle was inspired by a snail only that Google designers were smart with the design by shaping the shell in form of a semi circle, adding a cartoonized image of Zuma rock inside the shell, shaping the foot and head of the snail in a rectangular form with the left and right edge facing the North-West and North-East direction respectively, top edge towards the Northern direction.

Nigerian’s may see this as an insult from Google but are Google designers wrong about the depiction? No!.

Considering the current state of affairs of the country, they are not far from the truth our dearly beloved nation is still crawling rather than running or flying. Nigerian’s shouldn’t take this as an insult but instead should be motivated by the Google doodle and start working towards the progress of the country called “NIGERIA”.

Its high time we set our priorities and get them right, we should be long gone from the days of crawling a country with large amount of resources and a population of 196 million people shouldn’t be crawling but either running or flying.

They are even generous to compare Nigeria to a snail. They should have used boomerang.

1 Like

Re: Is Google Trying To Depict Nigeria As A “Slow Moving Country” by Nobody: 11:45am On Oct 01, 2018
You are not FAR from the TRUTH

2 Likes

Re: Is Google Trying To Depict Nigeria As A “Slow Moving Country” by cmikel: 11:51am On Oct 01, 2018
embarassed
Re: Is Google Trying To Depict Nigeria As A “Slow Moving Country” by Timil: 12:03pm On Oct 01, 2018
OgogoroFreak:
There's a difference between you drawing a real snail and you designing an object to resemble a snail. As a graphics designer its crystal clear that google doodle has a semblance to a snail. Seems you didn't read the illustration above or you are just being ignoramus.

2 Likes

Re: Is Google Trying To Depict Nigeria As A “Slow Moving Country” by lollmaolol(m): 12:13pm On Oct 01, 2018
Could be true

1 Like

Re: Is Google Trying To Depict Nigeria As A “Slow Moving Country” by fr3do(m): 12:19pm On Oct 01, 2018
Why didn't Google use a man-made edifice to depict Nigeria,
Using a rock like if Nigeria is a jungle.
Re: Is Google Trying To Depict Nigeria As A “Slow Moving Country” by modik(m): 12:22pm On Oct 01, 2018
Absolutely true.

Do t forget Baba Go Slow in a haste.

Even he himself Knowns he is a scalar.
Re: Is Google Trying To Depict Nigeria As A “Slow Moving Country” by efembaba(m): 12:51pm On Oct 01, 2018
Even if they use gold to depict Nigeria inferiority complex will still make people read negative meaning to it

4 Likes

Re: Is Google Trying To Depict Nigeria As A “Slow Moving Country” by unite4real: 1:02pm On Oct 01, 2018
That picture on Google is Zuma Rock pls.

3 Likes

Re: Is Google Trying To Depict Nigeria As A “Slow Moving Country” by Ozkar: 1:58pm On Oct 01, 2018
Smh... Insecurity would make you see mockery in every gesture. Is Nigeria not truly a slow moving country? Sometimes I wonder if we are moving at all.

1 Like

Re: Is Google Trying To Depict Nigeria As A “Slow Moving Country” by DoyenExchange: 2:16pm On Oct 01, 2018
That is what the snail in the drawing "technically" means.
Re: Is Google Trying To Depict Nigeria As A “Slow Moving Country” by oweniwe(m): 2:18pm On Oct 01, 2018
The pix template looks more like a hat.... Zuma rock inscription on a hat.... than snail to me
Re: Is Google Trying To Depict Nigeria As A “Slow Moving Country” by Ganzagangan: 2:24pm On Oct 01, 2018
Yannnmiri perspective.

1 Like

Re: Is Google Trying To Depict Nigeria As A “Slow Moving Country” by Sammiel: 2:41pm On Oct 01, 2018
If you had used the word canoe to describe that google image containing Zuma rock it would have been more convincing as the above does not in any way look like a snail. Notwithstanding, the underlying message as you pointed out certainly has to be that of slow progress or sluggishness as the case might be.

3 Likes

Re: Is Google Trying To Depict Nigeria As A “Slow Moving Country” by TheAuthority(m): 2:58pm On Oct 01, 2018
Brother take sense

1 Like

Re: Is Google Trying To Depict Nigeria As A “Slow Moving Country” by Bobinovic: 3:23pm On Oct 01, 2018
Timil:

That image is Zuma rock in Abuja and not a snail.
Re: Is Google Trying To Depict Nigeria As A “Slow Moving Country” by dazzlingd(m): 4:09pm On Oct 01, 2018
angry

That's a jet, olodo
Re: Is Google Trying To Depict Nigeria As A “Slow Moving Country” by proudevil: 4:33pm On Oct 01, 2018
That's a submarine angry
Re: Is Google Trying To Depict Nigeria As A “Slow Moving Country” by Nobody: 4:55pm On Oct 01, 2018
proudevil:
That's a submarine angry
how does dat look like a submarine undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

What I'll Do If Saraki Wins And Take The Peter Obi As Vice / When Will Fg Build Lagos To Onitsha Rail? / The Costly Mistake Buhari Is Making Against Igboho

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.