Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,462 members, 7,816,085 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

The Issue Of Calling Husband's Siblings Auntie/broda - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Issue Of Calling Husband's Siblings Auntie/broda (1754 Views)

26 Year Old Auntie Who Was Missing Found Dead / I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement / Auntie Remi: "Not All Plus-Sized Ladies Are Lazy In Bed" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Issue Of Calling Husband's Siblings Auntie/broda by KoCoKandy: 3:54pm On Oct 01, 2018
Is it a must to call your husband's younger siblings auntie or broda while they call you by your first name? Not even mummy/mama Bosun(my son's name) , I'm going through a dilemma and my marriage is at the verge of crashing ,I regret marrying into such family as my MIL is strongly in support of this useless culture.

My husband is from the south-west.

Please share your experience with in-laws from the south-west if you have any.
Re: The Issue Of Calling Husband's Siblings Auntie/broda by madridguy(m): 3:55pm On Oct 01, 2018
grin grin grin

Firstly, you don't have to regret marrying the family just believe nothing last forever. With time they will take caution and give you your maximum respect.

4 Likes

Re: The Issue Of Calling Husband's Siblings Auntie/broda by profmicky: 3:59pm On Oct 01, 2018
KoCoKandy:
Is it a must to call your husband's younger siblings auntie or broda while they call you by your first name? Not even mummy/mama Bosun(my son's name) , I'm going through a dilemma and my marriage is at the verge of crashing ,I regret marrying into such family as my MIL is strongly in support of this useless culture.

funny though but u should have stood against this since the very 1st day you stepped your legs into the family.

2 Likes

Re: The Issue Of Calling Husband's Siblings Auntie/broda by eph12(m): 4:02pm On Oct 01, 2018
KoCoKandy:

So just to call someone auntie or broda is what want to crash your marriage? The things we see on the internet sha

6 Likes

Re: The Issue Of Calling Husband's Siblings Auntie/broda by Sophieah: 4:09pm On Oct 01, 2018
My candid advice _ Since you're married and you've been used to it before you got married, you'd have to continue what you started or discuss it your husband, he should be able to address the situation, I can't be a man and watch my wife get disrespected, nah, it'd be a lot better for the sibling to leave my house.
Re: The Issue Of Calling Husband's Siblings Auntie/broda by bossvinqualad25(m): 4:09pm On Oct 01, 2018
For your durable and quality cars ,u can always count on me to give you the best ,for more details check my signature
Re: The Issue Of Calling Husband's Siblings Auntie/broda by samysmoothfresh: 4:10pm On Oct 01, 2018
eph12:

So just to call someone auntie or broda is what want to crash your marriage? The things we see on the internet sha

my brother the thing weak me too o

though it sounds absurd calling your husbands younger siblings broda and sista especially when you are older than them but na that one go con make a whole marriage (wey don even produce children) crash?

Na wa o................op don tire for her husband but she no wan talk am direct na im make her talk say she regret entering the family, meaning say she regret marrying the man cheesy

op don find new and better bobo cheesy

#pride

#ego

#fvck

4 Likes

Re: The Issue Of Calling Husband's Siblings Auntie/broda by KoCoKandy: 4:15pm On Oct 01, 2018
madridguy:
grin grin grin

Firstly, you don't have to regret marrying the family just believe nothing last forever. With time they will take caution and give you your maximum respect.

Thank you, I pray they do
Re: The Issue Of Calling Husband's Siblings Auntie/broda by KoCoKandy: 4:18pm On Oct 01, 2018
profmicky:
funny though but u should have stood against this since the very 1st day you stepped your legs into the family.

I admit that was my mistake, I thought they'd come around with time.
Re: The Issue Of Calling Husband's Siblings Auntie/broda by KoCoKandy: 4:20pm On Oct 01, 2018
Sophieah:
Same issue I'm having, difference is, we're not yet married, sometimes, I feel like quitting the relationship cause it's not in my nature to respect someone who doesn't reciprocate ..pfft, Yoruba people sef angry

My candid advice _ Since you're married and you've been used to it before you got married, you'd have to continue what you started or discuss it your husband, he should be able to address the situation, I can't be a man and watch my wife get disrespected, nah, it'd be a lot better for the sibling to leave my house.

Thanks, mind if I pm you?
Re: The Issue Of Calling Husband's Siblings Auntie/broda by KoCoKandy: 4:21pm On Oct 01, 2018
samysmoothfresh:

though it sounds absurd calling your husbands younger siblings broda and sista especially when you are older than them but na that one go con make a whole marriage (wey don even produce children) crash?

Na wa o................op don tire for her husband but she no wan talk am direct na im make her talk say she regret entering the family, meaning say she regret marrying the man cheesy

#pride

#ego

#fvck

Smiles..
Miles from that.
Re: The Issue Of Calling Husband's Siblings Auntie/broda by eph12(m): 4:21pm On Oct 01, 2018
samysmoothfresh:

#pride

#ego

#fvck
I'm just shocked that it's something as simple as this is the excuse she's giving to leave the marriage. Obviously there must be other things she's not sincere about

1 Like

Re: The Issue Of Calling Husband's Siblings Auntie/broda by profmicky: 4:24pm On Oct 01, 2018
KoCoKandy:

I admit that was my mistake, I thought they'd come around with time.
my candid advice is just focus on your marriage, aunty or mama was not included in your name at birth.
Re: The Issue Of Calling Husband's Siblings Auntie/broda by Sophieah: 4:25pm On Oct 01, 2018
KoCoKandy:

Thanks, mind if I pm you?

Not at all
Re: The Issue Of Calling Husband's Siblings Auntie/broda by KoCoKandy: 4:28pm On Oct 01, 2018
profmicky:
my candid advice is just focus on your marriage, aunty or mama was not included in your name at birth.

Neither was it included in theirs.
Re: The Issue Of Calling Husband's Siblings Auntie/broda by samysmoothfresh: 4:28pm On Oct 01, 2018
KoCoKandy:

Smiles..
Miles from that.

i see.........

So what would you rather call then anyways................by their first name too?
Re: The Issue Of Calling Husband's Siblings Auntie/broda by KoCoKandy: 4:30pm On Oct 01, 2018
Re: The Issue Of Calling Husband's Siblings Auntie/broda by KoCoKandy: 4:30pm On Oct 01, 2018
samysmoothfresh:

i see.........

So what would you rather call then anyways................by their first name too?

Exactly my point, yes.
Re: The Issue Of Calling Husband's Siblings Auntie/broda by Sophieah: 4:32pm On Oct 01, 2018
Op looks very familiar, like someone I met at a social function roughly 2 months ago.
Re: The Issue Of Calling Husband's Siblings Auntie/broda by samysmoothfresh: 4:35pm On Oct 01, 2018
KoCoKandy:

Exactly my point, yes.

you could sit your husband down and explain to him the situation or you can as well just call the youngest of them all by his/her first name........................he/she just might not protest

personally though i wouldnt mind nor give a fvck what people call me or demand i call dem

they are all bloody names............
Re: The Issue Of Calling Husband's Siblings Auntie/broda by KoCoKandy: 4:39pm On Oct 01, 2018
samysmoothfresh:

you could sit your husband down and explain to him the situation or you can as well just call the youngest of them all by his/her first name........................he/she just might not protest

personally though i wouldnt mind nor give a fvck what people call me or demand i call dem

they are all bloody names............

I'll do just that
You've been very helpful, Gracias..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Issue Of Calling Husband's Siblings Auntie/broda by ednut1(m): 4:46pm On Oct 01, 2018
When una no go shine una eyes. I am yoruba and if i marry a non yoruba she dare not call me siblings she is older than boda or aunty. By the way they have their lives and contact would be minimal . All this MIL and siblings ish self chai
Re: The Issue Of Calling Husband's Siblings Auntie/broda by Nobody: 4:55pm On Oct 01, 2018
I'm confused! So, you don't want to be called by your name? Your siblings in law don't want to be called by their names

Why have a name if you don't want to be called out by your name?

1 Like

Re: The Issue Of Calling Husband's Siblings Auntie/broda by KoCoKandy: 4:59pm On Oct 01, 2018
@LivingFree, It should be done out of freewill but it got mandatory after we got married.
Re: The Issue Of Calling Husband's Siblings Auntie/broda by KoCoKandy: 5:00pm On Oct 01, 2018
ednut1:
When una no go shine una eyes. I am yoruba and if i marry a non yoruba she dare not call me siblings she is older than boda or aunty. By the way they have their lives and contact would be minimal . All this MIL and siblings ish self chai

Especially the female siblings angry
Re: The Issue Of Calling Husband's Siblings Auntie/broda by mabea: 5:25pm On Oct 01, 2018
It's quite irritating really. I dont think you should allow it to affect your marriage seeing it's just a culture thing.
Re: The Issue Of Calling Husband's Siblings Auntie/broda by Caseless: 7:08pm On Oct 01, 2018
women are confused and really do not know what they want. This one is about to destroy her marriage because of pride. What does it cost to just simply address your husband's siblings as brother/auntie?

NB: some of your mates or those you're older than are out there ready to call any man willing to marry them a god and also his siblings "grandfather/grandmother" or ancestors.
Re: The Issue Of Calling Husband's Siblings Auntie/broda by Caseless: 7:11pm On Oct 01, 2018
LivingFree:
I'm confused! So, you don't want to be called by your name? Your siblings in law's don't want to be called by their names

Why have a name if you don't want to be called out by your name?
Africans have problems.
Re: The Issue Of Calling Husband's Siblings Auntie/broda by Ishilove: 7:16pm On Oct 01, 2018
What fuckery. They are the ones supposed to call you auntie, not the other way round.
Re: The Issue Of Calling Husband's Siblings Auntie/broda by Caseless: 7:29pm On Oct 01, 2018
Ishilove:
What fuckery. They are the ones supposed to call you auntie, not the other way round.
what does that take away from her?

1 Like

Re: The Issue Of Calling Husband's Siblings Auntie/broda by JONNYSPUTE(m): 7:52pm On Oct 01, 2018
Does calling then auntie and broda remove anything from you?. Truth be told,nobody forced you to start it. You were doing it to buy their hearts and feel loved by them and now you ve finally settled,so it has become a crime to address them a such. My dear,I ve never seen a family where one is forced to address the younger brother and sister in laws as Aunties and brodas.So if you want to destroy your marriage,go ahead.
Re: The Issue Of Calling Husband's Siblings Auntie/broda by Nobody: 8:13pm On Oct 01, 2018
Call them by their first name. Reason why I love whites, they don't have time for pettiness.

(1) (2) (Reply)

See Why This Guy Destroyed A Wedding Venue. Right Or Wrong? / What Do You Know About Jamaican Men? / Man Requested For A Prostitute In Asaba And His Daughter Showed Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.