Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,223 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:54 AM

I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement (56900 Views)

I Broke Up With My Girlfriend Now Shes Back But I Am Confused / My Ex Girlfriend Now Hates Me / Man Proposing To His Fiancée Misplaced The Engagement Ring (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Serene123: 3:22pm On Jan 15, 2021
Please I will need your constructive opinion on this. Been battling with this thoughts for some time now.

I engaged my girl last year. Reason why I did engage her was because I saw her intent to be with me. I have seen her gave out her cash to help get somethings for our new apartment. She has even used her cash to buy some properties she wants in the house when we get married.
She has stood and defended me to her family on why she is getting married to me. She has really earned my trust and never regretted engaging her. She is one girl that every man will like to have as wife

In the course of our relationship months back, I noticed there is this guy that call her. I questioned and she said is just a friend. I have told her I am not comfortable with the call. Yes I have listened to the calls and it doesn't sound serious
On 25th Dec I place a call across to her phone and she wasn't picking. She later told me reason why she didn't pick.
While we were together I noticed she didn't pick cos she went out with the same guy I have been complaining about. I got to know via a pic.
She has insisted nothing serious is going on.
I was so angry and I needed to take her phone and check up something. We struggled with the phone and she injured her nails.. She is saying I am a woman beater and I have anger issue.
She started keeping to herself and phone and was bold to tell me that this action of mine has succeeded in killing the feelings she has for me.

She has asked for time to get her mental health back and for close to two weeks now we haven't been flowing well..

I have tried to talk to her so we fix this shit but she said she needs time.

I have decided to give her the time she needs while I focus on something else. Yes, I miss her

I won't lie, is emotional for me and someone is currently trying to fill her vacuum by being all nice. I am getting closer to her, but my heart still yearn for my fiance.

I don't know if I am doing the right thing by being close to another lady. I don't know if I should belivee her that she has lost feelings for me and move on.
I need your advise.

Sorry for the lengthy thread

96 Likes 14 Shares

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by InfernoNig: 3:24pm On Jan 15, 2021
In summary. She's cheating. Just be careful.

883 Likes 51 Shares

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Sundrus: 3:29pm On Jan 15, 2021
That girl don dey ride that guy wey she dey call "just a friend".... dey very careful oh. No go put active olosho for house as wife oh. Except u dey equal to the task.

617 Likes 34 Shares

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by extol1(m): 3:29pm On Jan 15, 2021
this is a sign of red flag which I think you won't be able to cope with in the marriage. true is I appreciate the fact you love her, but I keep telling people that love is not what you needs in marriage rather what you needs is value and respect. love is temporary while value and respect is permanent. if I must be sincere to you she is already fucking the other guy while they are not dating. I want to believe that other guy knows about your relationship with her, he might just be using her to wipe away time

466 Likes 33 Shares

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by SocialJustice: 3:30pm On Jan 15, 2021
Lol, that guy is phucking her na. Use your brain.

305 Likes 20 Shares

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by DICKstractor: 3:31pm On Jan 15, 2021
undecided

If at the end, you allow love to cloud the clear evidence starring at you, I'll advice you take her for pregnancy test before walking her down the aisle.

We don't want another DNA saga in the next 20years.

But, I might be wrong. Nothing might be going on between them. You just have to investigate in secret.

And also, fear guys they call "just a friend or bestie",. They are very dangerous and relationship dickstroyers

341 Likes 17 Shares

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Ottyn01(m): 3:31pm On Jan 15, 2021
Dump that bitch she's cheating on you

In summary "You are in love bro grin

256 Likes 13 Shares

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by EmptyGarden(m): 3:32pm On Jan 15, 2021
Better a broken engagement.

70 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Serene123: 3:39pm On Jan 15, 2021
DICKstractor:
undecided

If at the end, you allow love to cloud the clear evidence starring at you, I'll advice you take her for pregnancy test before walking her down the aisle.

We don't want another DNA saga in the next 20years.

But, I might be wrong. Nothing might be going on between them. You just have to investigate in secret.

And also, fear guys they call "just a friend or bestie", they are dangerous and relationship dickstroyers

I have gone as far as secretly getting access to her WhatsApp. I didn't see any single chat with her and the guy nor another person. But the calls just keep pisisng me off.

I realised I shouldn't have gone that far. I should have just be calmed and let her do her wish

26 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Coolcalmcollect(m): 3:39pm On Jan 15, 2021
Serene123:
Please I will need your constructive opinion on this. Been battling with this thoughts for some time now.

I engaged my girl last year. Reason why I did engage her was because I saw her intent to be with me. I have seen her gave out her cash to help get somethings for our new apartment. She has even used her cash to buy some properties she wants in the house when we get married.
She has stood and defended me to her family on why she is getting married to me. She has really earned my trust and never regretted engaging her. She is one girl that every man will like to have as wife

In the course of our relationship months back, I noticed there is this guy that call her. I questioned and she said is just a friend. I have told her I am not comfortable with the call. Yes I have listened to the calls and it doesn't sound serious
On 25th Dec I place a call across to her phone and she wasn't picking. She later told me reason why she didn't pick.
While we were together I noticed she didn't pick cos she went out with the same guy I have been complaining about. I got to know via a pic.
I was so angry and I needed to take her phone and check up something. We struggled with the phone and she injured her nails.. She is saying I am a woman beater and I have anger issue.
She started keeping to herself and phone and was bold to tell me that this action of mine has succeeded in killing the feelings she has for me.

She has asked for time to get her mental health back and for close to two weeks now we haven't been flowing well..

I have decided to give her the time she needs while I focus on something else. Yes, I miss her

I won't lie, is emotional for me and someone is currently trying to fill her vacuum by being all nice. I am getting closer to her, but my heart still yearn for my fiance.

I don't know if I am doing the right thing by being close to another lady. I don't know if I should belivee her that she has lost feelings for me and move on.
I need your advise.

she's fuckinggg the guy bro, leave the LovePeddler so you won't have to worry about dna. she fought to get her fone from you? that's a huge sign of a cheat hoe

233 Likes 12 Shares

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Molahnelson(m): 3:39pm On Jan 15, 2021
Her refusing to let you have her phone is the signed of cheating so be careful don't think with your anus

The red flag has been shown to you ignore it at your own detriment

234 Likes 14 Shares

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Dayoebe(m): 3:42pm On Jan 15, 2021
Go ahead with the wedding plan.
It will surely end in tears

191 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by extol1(m): 3:43pm On Jan 15, 2021
Serene123:

I have gone as far as secretly getting access to her WhatsApp. I didn't see any single chat with her and the guy nor another person. But the calls just keep pisisng me off.

I realised I shouldn't have gone that far. I should have just be calmed and let her do her wish
bro, she is deleting the messages after their chat. and u think they will just be making calls without chatting when it is not business dealing

401 Likes 18 Shares

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by DICKstractor: 3:44pm On Jan 15, 2021
Serene123:

You don't need to be calm and let her do her wish. It will hurt later if you find out what you suspected in the past was actually true. Bless God, you guys are still in the courtship period. It's a period you tell your intended partner the kind of chaffs in their life that you cant take and you find out which you can still cope with.

If she's actually cheating, she's covering her tracks well. Have you checked her sms. The beeping radar indicates she's cheating

But as I said before, all this you thinking might be wrong. But you still need to investigate very well to clear your mind.

64 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Serene123: 3:48pm On Jan 15, 2021
extol1:

bro, she is deleting the messages after their chat. and u think they will just be making calls without chatting when it is not business dealing

Not chat. I can attest to that. I secretly had her WhatsApp on my phone for like a month without her ntoitce.

I saw other chats, but not that of the guy

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Serene123: 3:50pm On Jan 15, 2021
DICKstractor:

You don't need to be calm and let her do her wish. It will hurt later if you find out what you suspected in the past was actually true. Bless God, you guys are still in the courtship period. It's a period you tell your intended partner the kind of chaffs in their life that you cant take and you find out which you can still cope with.

If she's actually cheating, she's covering her tracks well. Have you checked her sms.

But as I said before, all this you thinking might be wrong. But you still need to investigate very well to clear your mind.

Her chats, sms, messenger all clean.

Someting happened and her WhatsApp was showing on my phone for months grin without her knowing. I didn't see a single chat with the guy.
Not one.

17 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by lkillbrokehoes: 3:51pm On Jan 15, 2021
Break up with her before you regret it, this is one of the signs

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by DICKstractor: 3:52pm On Jan 15, 2021
Serene123:

Her chats, sms, messenger all clean.

Someting happened and her WhatsApp was showing on my phone for months grin without her knowing. I didn't see a single chat with the guy.
Not one.
What's on your mind right now

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by SocialJustice: 3:53pm On Jan 15, 2021
extol1:

As the guy talk that thing I know say na lefu lefu mumu, I won't be surprised if he still marries her.

84 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Mryacks: 3:54pm On Jan 15, 2021
Serene123:

I need your advise.

Sometimes people don't realise that before you come to a point of agreeing to get hitched with another person there has to be sacrifices. She has to know that somethings have to give. She is not ready to give up a "friendship" with a Male friend(she is gaining somethin)whilst been engaged to you even though you politely told her you don't like it.

My take is that she is not mentally ready or matured to compromise on that front. So it is up to you, if it is something you want to tolerate because u love her or want to still give her time to be ready.

121 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by ogele: 4:01pm On Jan 15, 2021
If you eventually marry her, na that guy go born her first child. Guy hold onto the new girl and move on....

85 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Serene123: 4:01pm On Jan 15, 2021
DICKstractor:

What's on your mind right now

Confuse

Haven't seen tangible evidence against her and the guy despite hacking her phone and reading all her chats for months.

Just the call that put me off. And the call have continued for months

I am torn between believing her or just calling it off.

12 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Serene123: 4:03pm On Jan 15, 2021
Mryacks:

Sometimes people don't realise that before you come to a point of agreeing to get hitched with another person there has to be sacrifices. She has to know that somethings have to give. She is not ready to give up a "friendship" with a Male friend(she is gaining somethin)whilst been engaged to you even though you politely told her you don't like it.

My take is that she is not mentally ready or matured to compromise on that front. So it is up to you, if it is something you want to tolerate because u love her or want to still give her time to be ready.

That's what I sense. But this is someone that planning the whole stuff with me. She gave me reason to put that ring on her finger.

7 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by SweetVibe: 4:04pm On Jan 15, 2021
Its already over mentally, be the first to end it.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Serene123: 4:06pm On Jan 15, 2021
SocialJustice:
As the guy talk that thing I know say na lefu lefu mumu, I won't be surprised if he still marries her.

Have u hacked someone WhatsApp chat b4?

If u haven't, then keep calm bro.
Whenever she is online, I get notified and read everything she is typing

I am yet to see any evidence between her and that guy.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by extol1(m): 4:07pm On Jan 15, 2021
SocialJustice:
and the guy is failing to admit this red flag. if he eventually marry her, there is assurance that this guy will beg this lady tire not to cheat

64 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by ogashman(m): 4:12pm On Jan 15, 2021
Serene123:

I need your advise.

I have been there before..... ur girl knows she is about to be caged by marriage, so this is the last time she has to test another dick, before living with urs forever.

if you can, call it quits with her or better still warn the guy to keep off ur woman....take her phone and call the guy to leave ur wife alone. if she still continues, then u know what to do

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by SocialJustice: 4:14pm On Jan 15, 2021
extol1:

and the guy is failing to admit this red flag. if he eventually marry her, there is assurance that this guy will beg this lady tire not to cheat
He will die prematurely in the marriage for sure.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by SocialJustice: 4:17pm On Jan 15, 2021
Serene123:

Have u hacked someone WhatsApp chat b4?

If u haven't, then keep calm bro.
Whenever she is online, I get notified and read everything she is typing

I am yet to see any evidence between her and that guy.
Lol, you're forming James Bond but she's a Charlie Angel that's way ahead of you.

I'll never invade a person's privacy in the name of whatever. You're also a terrible person.

I wish you the best.

73 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Stephenmoka4(m): 4:24pm On Jan 15, 2021
Thing is, you can't just conclude yet. Get your own female friends too, just friends and see her reaction.

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by adexpa(m): 4:25pm On Jan 15, 2021
Serene123:

Confuse

Haven't seen tangible evidence against her and the guy despite hacking her phone and reading all her chats for months.

Just the call that put me off. And the call have continued for months

I am torn between believing her or just calling it off.

It is not easy brother, I can see that it is very difficult for you to finalize your conclusion, I can feel your pain.
I will advice you sit her down and have a concrete conversation ( you are not comfortable with the call so she must stop the relationship for your peace of mind). She can not decided to be with you and still have extra affairs. You need to clarify all these before going ahead. If she insist, you can find your way out.
Human being can be dangerous; she might have agreement with the guy not to chat nor text her.
Make all your findings before going ahead. Many women are not ready to be totally committed to a man any longer.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by oginga: 4:26pm On Jan 15, 2021
@ OP. That's a red flag that you should not ignore, she's been bonking the said guy big time.

Dump the public dog as fast as you can before you fall into deep sh**t... Cheats never change, they only improve on covering their tracks.

Forget love bro, think of your peace of mind, your mental health and sanity, your life as an individual person.

You can go on and marry a coded prostitute, which may end up bringing an illegitimate child into your house and life. That's if you don't die before your time... All the best bro! .

46 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Natural Ways To Make Your Butt Bigger / Man Proposes To Girlfriend On KLM Flight With The Help Of The Pilot (photos) / When A Girl Secretly Admires A Particular Guy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.