Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,084 members, 7,811,038 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:22 PM

I have voted. Have you? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I have voted. Have you? (2020 Views)

If Peter Obi will have been Better, Nigerians would Have Voted for Him - Wike / If You Have Voted, Upload Your Marked Finger While Holding Your PVC (photo) / Peter Okoye:. I Would Have Voted Yemi Osinbajo Against An Igbo Man (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I have voted. Have you? by igbobuigbo: 7:08pm On Oct 01, 2018
In Naija, it is either you vote or you take flight. However, in many cases your votes don't matter, as evidenced in Ekiti and Osun. I have been keeping my parents and only sibling in Nigeria to vote, hoping that things will get better, but now it has gotten worse. This left me with no choice than facilitate their flight out of the country. Their non-Nigerian passports just got approved today and we are popping champagne at the airport. Please wake me up when you have removed PMB from office and I will consider sending them back to Naija. If Biafra comes before PMB is removed, returning is a sure bet.

2 Likes

Re: I have voted. Have you? by nijabazaar: 7:22pm On Oct 01, 2018
igbobuigbo:
In Naija, it is either you vote or you take flight. However, in many cases your votes don't matter, as evidenced in Ekiti and Osun. I have been keeping my parents and only sibling in Nigeria to vote, hoping that things will get better, but now it has gotten worse. This left me with no choice than facilitate their flight out of the country. Their non-Nigerian passports just got approved today and we are popping champagne at the airport. Please wake me up when you have removed PMB from office and I will consider sending them back to Naija.

You are so lucky. How did u do it...can you give a tip on the visa process that work so fast for you

Pls, i beg you. I can supply my email if needs be
Re: I have voted. Have you? by igbobuigbo: 10:15pm On Oct 01, 2018
nijabazaar:

You are so lucky. [b]How did u do it...can you give a tip on the visa process that work so fast for you

[/b]Pls, i beg you. I can supply my email if needs be

Hard work, persistence, and commitment. For a start, you have to be a US citizen to be qualified to bring in family members who then go on to become citizens themselves.
Re: I have voted. Have you? by igbobuigbo: 10:18pm On Oct 29, 2018
Just voted today for the US mid-terms. Nigerians in America are fighting two political battles: in America and in Nigeria

Re: I have voted. Have you? by modath(f): 10:36pm On Oct 29, 2018
igbobuigbo:
In Naija, it is either you vote or you take flight. However, in many cases your votes don't matter, as evidenced in Ekiti and Osun. I have been keeping my parents and only sibling in Nigeria to vote, hoping that things will get better, but now it has gotten worse. This left me with no choice than facilitate their flight out of the country. Their non-Nigerian passports just got approved today and we are popping champagne at the airport. Please wake me up when you have removed PMB from office and I will consider sending them back to Naija. If Biafra comes before PMB is removed, returning is a sure bet.

igbobuigbo:

Hard work, persistence, and commitment. For a start, you have to be a US citizen to be qualified to bring in family members who then go on to become citizens themselves.

After being GC holders first.... You can't procure Blue Pali for them from outside of the US... Those PP aren't for them if they've been living in Nigeria & not currently GC holders... This is not "that una whatsapp group".. smiley

Not everone here is ignorant.... wink

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I have voted. Have you? by igbobuigbo: 10:52pm On Oct 29, 2018
modath:

After being GC holders first.... You can't procure Blue Pali for them from outside of the US... Those PP aren't for them if they've been living in Nigeria & not currently GC holders... This is not "that una whatsapp group".. smiley

Not everone here is ignorant.... wink

Dey there de blow grammar. If you know you know. Besides. I don't have to give you all the details of my family passport process. Do I?

1 Like

Re: I have voted. Have you? by modath(f): 12:55am On Oct 30, 2018
igbobuigbo:

Dey there de blow grammar. If you know you know. Besides. I don't have to give you all the details of my family passport process. Do I?

Just.stop.lying.. smiley

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I have voted. Have you? by naijaking1: 3:27am On Oct 30, 2018
Guys. Go vote.
Hope my fat lady wins in GA!
Re: I have voted. Have you? by igbobuigbo: 6:01am On Oct 30, 2018
modath:

Just.stop.lying.. smiley
Read photo caption: Modath argues with Igbobuigbo. I know you must be Yoruba. Y'all like to argue with Igbos even when ignorant.

Re: I have voted. Have you? by igbobuigbo: 6:04am On Oct 30, 2018
naijaking1:
Guys. Go vote.
Hope my fat lady wins in GA!

Yep!! I am not in GA, but I have hopes for her, and the the brothers contesting in MD and FL.
Re: I have voted. Have you? by modath(f): 7:41am On Oct 30, 2018
igbobuigbo:

Read photo caption: Mo talking sense to igbobuigbo. I know you must be Yoruba, cos you guys are SMART. .

Stop.LYING.... No foreign born national gets blue pali without first being a GREEN CARD HOLDER , watermarking pic doesn't invalidate that point... That's my point, so stop claiming you left them in Nigeria but procured PP for them, especially your "SIBLING"

Passers-by, This is for you.. cool

https://www.uscis.gov/family/family-us-citizens/bringing-parents-live-united-states-permanent-residents

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I have voted. Have you? by rusher14: 8:38am On Oct 30, 2018
igbobuigbo:
Modath,

So what is your assumption? What did you understand from my initial posts you quoted? Do those posts suggest to you that my relatives did not possess GC prior to becoming citizens? You see, people like you have one track knowledge and don't ever understand anything else beyond that track.

Keep arguing senselessly without understanding the full background of the issue.

If they had GCs they must have been resident in the states already.

Your original post clearly states otherwise.
Re: I have voted. Have you? by igbobuigbo: 8:50am On Oct 30, 2018
rusher14:

If they had GCs they must have been resident in the states already.

Your original post clearly states otherwise.
Lol. And who says they were not residents? Residents can stay out of the country for a specific amount of time. Yes or no?

Please y'all should stop derailing this thread. Go and vote, that's the issue here, not my relatives.
Re: I have voted. Have you? by rusher14: 9:08am On Oct 30, 2018
igbobuigbo:

Lol. And who says they were not residents? Residents can stay out of the country for a specific amount of time. Yes or no?

Please y'all should stop derailing this thread. Go and vote, that's the issue here, not my relatives.

I have been keeping my parents and only sibling in Nigeria to vote, hoping that things will get better, but now it has gotten worse. This left me with no choice than facilitate their flight out of the country. 

Except you don't even know what you said at the very beginning.

This is not the village square. Many on this forum are exposed.

2 Likes

Re: I have voted. Have you? by babyfaceafrica: 9:20am On Oct 30, 2018
lienus igbokwe..you think everyone on this forum is naive abi....lie Mohammed apprentice..next!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I have voted. Have you? by igbobuigbo: 9:55am On Oct 30, 2018
rusher14:

I have been keeping my parents and only sibling in Nigeria to vote, hoping that things will get better, but now it has gotten worse. This left me with no choice than facilitate their flight out of the country. 

Except you don't even know what you said at the very beginning.

This is not the village square. Many on this forum are exposed.

Ignoramus! Well, not sure why I am doing this but let me break it down since you, like Modath, likes to jump in without any clue what went on. When you become a US citizen, you are not handed a passport, PP. You are handed a certificate of citizenship, CC. You then apply for PP afterwards if you wish, using your CC. My relatives have been U.S. citizens for a while but they have been in Nigeria taking care of family concerns for me. They left the U.S. with their green PP - GC was returned to USCIS upon receiving CC, and they had to urgently leave before applying for the U.S. PP. Now, they had to return to the U.S., seeing as PMB has finally damaged Nigeria. To return, they had to apply for their U.S. PP from Nigeria. In summary, that they received their blue PP recently in Nigeria does not mean they became U.S. citizens recently from Nig. Does it make sense to you now, "Mr. I am smart"? Now will you go and vote
Re: I have voted. Have you? by rusher14: 10:01am On Oct 30, 2018
igbobuigbo:

Ignoramus! Well, not sure why I am doing this but let me break it down since you, like Modath, likes to jump in without any clue what went on. When you become a US citizen, you are not handed a passport, PP. You are handed a certificate of citizenship, CC. You then apply for PP afterwards if you wish, using your CC. My relatives have been citizens for a while but they have been in Nigeria taking care of family concerns for me. They left the U.S. with their green PP - GC was returned to USCIS upon receiving CC, and they had to urgently leave before applying for the U.S. PP. Now, they had to return to the U.S., seeing as PMB has finally damaged Nigeria. To return, they had to apply for their U.S. PP from Nigeria, which we recently picked up the day the post was made. In summary, that they received their blue PP recently in Nigeria does not mean they became U.S. citizens recently from Nig. Does it make sense to you now, "Mr. I am smart"? Now will you go and vote

There is nothing you would write that can make for your opening statement.

You left your people in Nigeria so they can vote.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I have voted. Have you? by igbobuigbo: 10:04am On Oct 30, 2018
rusher14:

Yes, so they can vote. Anything wrong with that? Or are dual citizens not allowed to vote in Nigeria? Stop being an ignoramus.
Re: I have voted. Have you? by igbobuigbo: 10:08am On Oct 30, 2018
babyfaceafrica:
lienus igbokwe..you think everyone on this forum is naive abi....lie Mohammed apprentice..next!!!
Who is this face-me-I-face you dwelling urchin?
Re: I have voted. Have you? by rusher14: 10:11am On Oct 30, 2018
igbobuigbo:

Yes, so they can vote. Anything wrong with that? Or are dual citizens not allowed to vote in Nigeria? Stop being an ignoramus.

Well the election isn't till February at the very least.

Are you sure they would not overstay?

1 Like

Re: I have voted. Have you? by igbobuigbo: 10:13am On Oct 30, 2018
rusher14:

Well the election isn't till February at the very least.

Are you sure they would not overstay?

Overstay what?
Re: I have voted. Have you? by LadyExcellency: 10:15am On Oct 30, 2018
igbobuigbo:

Who is this face-me-I-face you dwelling urchin?

The all are the same people, our rivals
Re: I have voted. Have you? by igbobuigbo: 10:17am On Oct 30, 2018
LadyExcellency:

The all are the same people, our rivals

I know! Ignoramuses forming smart
Re: I have voted. Have you? by rusher14: 10:17am On Oct 30, 2018
igbobuigbo:

Overstay what?

If they were on GCs they could only stay a max of 12 months away.
Re: I have voted. Have you? by igbobuigbo: 10:19am On Oct 30, 2018
rusher14:

If they were on GCs they could only stay a max of 12 months away.

You see why I called you an attention-seeking ignoramus? They are already citizens. So they could stay as long as they want in Nigeria. Go back and read my long post that you quoted.
Re: I have voted. Have you? by modath(f): 10:23am On Oct 30, 2018
rusher14:

Don't mind the oniyeye with no opolo.... He thinks it's the WhatsApp group they've proliferated upandan to misinform people... He also feels it's only nonentities that are here, so he can chest beat in top nothing. smiley

Only GC holders (who must spend have spent a specified amount of time in the US to start with) are qualified to apply for citizenship , they must have undergone the test & also be administered oath...

Parents path to citizenship is not same as siblings...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I have voted. Have you? by LadyExcellency: 10:24am On Oct 30, 2018
igbobuigbo:

I know! Ignoramuses forming smart

They are our absolute antagonists. Even when we have the same objectives. How can someone hate you more than they love themselves even without a reason? This baffles me all the time.
Re: I have voted. Have you? by rusher14: 10:26am On Oct 30, 2018
igbobuigbo:

You see why I called you an attention-seeking ignoramus? They are already citizens. So they could stay as long as they want in Nigeria. Go back and read my long post that you quoted.

They became citizens in absentia?
Re: I have voted. Have you? by igbobuigbo: 10:27am On Oct 30, 2018
LadyExcellency:

They are our absolute antagonists. Even when we have the same objectives. How can someone hate you more than they love themselves even without a reason? This baffles me all the time.
I hardly notice them in real life- completely inconsequential to me. I only oblige them on cyberspace for the fun of it..
Re: I have voted. Have you? by igbobuigbo: 10:28am On Oct 30, 2018
rusher14:

They became citizens in absentia?

You lack understanding. Go and read again. Do you need glasses?

You must be living in one of those ijebu towns. Hahaha

(1) (2) (Reply)

Femi Fani-kayode Reacts As WHO Announces Covid-19 Vaccine Trial In Nigeria / Kemi Olunloyo Is Back On Social Media After A "Mysterious" Deactivation / Meet The Man Who Speaks More Than 57 Foreign Languages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.