Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,067 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help - Health (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help (31804 Views)

Infection Wants To Kill Me Help! / Help, This Gerd Is Draining / I Look Older Than My Age And It Is Really Affecting My Self Esteem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by zichien: 2:10am On Mar 28, 2023
During your drinking days? How much alcohol drinks were you drinking in a day ? And did you drink every single day? Did you ever notice a yellowing of your eye or skin? Did you ever get a liver test done during your hospitalization for a GI bleed? Have you ever noticed a distension of your abdomen? Also prior to your bleeding were you taking any pain medicines eg meds for headache or joint pain or aches that may have contained Nsaids like ibuprofen or naproxen ? Also may want to get an abdominal ultrasound scan of your liver to be sure that its all good

kayo80:

The Endoscopy was for my Ulcer... I've always had ulcer, and last year April, the ulcer got critical and led to upper GI bleeding/internal bleeding. I got better after about three weeks (one week out of that three weeks, I didn't eat anything and also didn't drink water, I just lived on drips)... I was treated with Omeprazole and Tranexamic acid. It took me like 2 weeks to stop bleeding.... Before I healed I was vomiting blood and pooping clots of blood (black blood).

So, that was the end of that chapter... I left the hospital, changed my diet, and also stopped drinking. Fast forwarded to Last month, I started feeling like something was stuck in my throat, and some other symptoms which I Googled and discovered is GERD... It's actually closely related to the ulcer I've been having. So, that's what landed me on this page.

After going through this thread, I started taking Omeprazole two weeks ago... One a day. From the very first day, I started feeling better. But the thing is, I guess the drug has some side effects, cos for 2-3 hours of the day, I would feel weak and nauseated... But the rest of the day, I would be fine. So, after 9 days of taking it, I stopped, and just started really taking serious what I eat. Some days are good, but some times if I don't eat on time, I feel really bad. So, I went to read the instruction paper that came with the Omeprazole I bought and it says I have to take it for at least 4 weeks to get rid of GERD. So, I shouldn't have stopped. I want to go back to taking it starting tomorrow morning
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by kayo80(m): 5:04am On Mar 28, 2023
zichien:
During your drinking days? How much alcohol drinks were you drinking in a day ? And did you drink every single day? Did you ever notice a yellowing of your eye or skin? Did you ever get a liver test done during your hospitalization for a GI bleed? Have you ever noticed a distension of your abdomen? Also prior to your bleeding were you taking any pain medicines eg meds for headache or joint pain or aches that may have contained Nsaids like ibuprofen or naproxen ? Also may want to get an abdominal ultrasound scan of your liver to be sure that its all good

I was smiling while reading your comment. While I was at Lasuth, I got asked these same questions like a gazzilion times by different doctors... Some doctors asked me same questions like 10 times. Lol.

To answer your question, I was a social drinker, although I had times when I would go hard on the bottle, but it was never every day. And I haven't had a drop of alcohol since April 11th, 2022.

I did liver function test last year, I even did another two months ago. Honestly, at a point i also thought it was my liver, but I'm all good. My liver is good. My kidneys are good.

And about the pain medicine, I never was big on drugs... Even panadol I don't take it for headache. And I never had a yellowing of my eyes.
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Sarahn: 10:09pm On Apr 12, 2023
Olagrace1:

Pls which of these toothpaste exactly?

Total care.
Cavity care is mint.

I have suggestions, but they're a bit expensive oh. I smelt wehn with it.

I had GERD and gastritis.
For gastritis...
First try drinking coconut water everyday. Not coconut milk. It's not the same thing. From raw coconut not juice. Find any seller of coconut water and buy. I used to buy it in litres. If raw coconut or coconut water isn't available, purple cabbage juice. As in, blend cabbage and drink. It's terrible tasting but others have sworn by it. For me, it's too bitter, that's why I went for coconut water.

A cheaper alternative is drink jute leaves that is plain ewedu everyday. I did this and coconut water nearly every day.

For GERD...
I also bought wedge pillow. I was lucky and got it for 16k. It's now 40k on Jumia. The wedge pillow was the best option. I could sleep elevated. I'm still using it even today.

That's what I did. That alongside medication I got from a gastroenterologist.

Get gaviscon advanced as well, the super strength one. I hope this helps.

Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Vicky324: 6:00pm On Apr 14, 2023
Omo any solution to h pylori
Tested positive and since then my life have not been the same
My symptoms currently are
Bloating like stomach noise
Feeling of vomiting
Salivating
Waist pain
Back pain
Lost of appetite
Light chest pain that casue generally weakness
Belching after eating
Farting
And maybe saliva sha
And my stool smells alot sha
And over I dey think oo
Cos I be the first born
I have a lot of plan
Shey person go ft Marry with this h pylori like this
When I dey spend money for different drugs
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Olagrace1: 6:33am On Apr 27, 2023
Sarahn:

Total care.
Cavity care is mint.

I have suggestions, but they're a bit expensive oh. I smelt wehn with it.

I had GERD and gastritis.
For gastritis...
First try drinking coconut water everyday. Not coconut milk. It's not the same thing. From raw coconut not juice. Find any seller of coconut water and buy. I used to buy it in litres. If raw coconut or coconut water isn't available, purple cabbage juice. As in, blend cabbage and drink. It's terrible tasting but others have sworn by it. For me, it's too bitter, that's why I went for coconut water.

A cheaper alternative is drink jute leaves that is plain ewedu everyday. I did this and coconut water nearly every day.

For GERD...
I also bought wedge pillow. I was lucky and got it for 16k. It's now 40k on Jumia. The wedge pillow was the best option. I could sleep elevated. I'm still using it even today.

That's what I did. That alongside medication I got from a gastroenterologist.

Get gaviscon advanced as well, the super strength one. I hope this helps.

Thanks searahh. I wil get the coconut water and the toothpaste.. But you see gaviscon heaven will never let me near it, that thing almost kill me. If i use gaviscon this moment am fine, next moment am worst. I barely have symptoms again, just that i dislike breakfast and i noticed am always having throatburn after long day without food. In my own case i don't have heartburn but throatburn and tongue burn. On lifting of pillow part, am used to it, i can't sleep now without lifting my pillow. Meanwhile am used to eating raw tiny ginger every night before bed, just tiny raw ginger and trust me am used to it, infact i love the taste now that i can't do without eating it before bed, lol. My main concern now is why am always having indigestion at night, if i eat by 6pm, by 10pm i can still feel choke and start vomiting the food but i noticed this always happend whenever i eat oily or pepper food. Drinking water at late hour too gives throatburn at times. Pls who else feel choke at the smell of strong perfume? If your perfume is too strong, it choke my throat and start giving me stuck throat. I know all these gerd will become history one day in my life. I think my mistake was doing endoscopy and not seeing a gastroenterologist with the result, those people are too expensive, imagine charging over 60k to see a gastroenterologist every session, haba. Please Serah was your gastroenterologist affordable? If you can share share his contact please, i really want to know the source of my GERD. I know i have GERD but what exactly caused it is what i really want to know.
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Olagrace1: 6:37am On Apr 27, 2023
[quote author=NezzyMike post=120509703][/quote].

Nezzymike good morning.. Talking of irritable bowel syndrome, how do someone know if they're suffering from irritable bowel syndrome?
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Olagrace1: 6:48am On Apr 27, 2023
doggedfighter:

Olagrace 1, how's your travel plans and health ?

On gerd have come to realized Off and On.. That thing is crazy

1 Like

Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Olagrace1: 7:21am On Apr 27, 2023
kayo80:

The Endoscopy was for my Ulcer... I've always had ulcer, and last year April, the ulcer got critical and led to upper GI bleeding/internal bleeding. I got better after about three weeks (one week out of that three weeks, I didn't eat anything and also didn't drink water, I just lived on drips)... I was treated with Omeprazole and Tranexamic acid. It took me like 2 weeks to stop bleeding.... Before I healed I was vomiting blood and pooping clots of blood (black blood).

So, that was the end of that chapter... I left the hospital, changed my diet, and also stopped drinking. Fast forwarded to Last month, I started feeling like something was stuck in my throat, and some other symptoms which I Googled and discovered is GERD... It's actually closely related to the ulcer I've been having. So, that's what landed me on this page.

After going through this thread, I started taking Omeprazole two weeks ago... One a day. From the very first day, I started feeling better. But the thing is, I guess the drug has some side effects, cos for 2-3 hours of the day, I would feel weak and nauseated... But the rest of the day, I would be fine. So, after 9 days of taking it, I stopped, and just started really taking serious what I eat. Some days are good, but some times if I don't eat on time, I feel really bad. So, I went to read the instruction paper that came with the Omeprazole I bought and it says I have to take it for at least 4 weeks to get rid of GERD. So, I shouldn't have stopped. I want to go back to taking it starting tomorrow morning

Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Olagrace1: 7:23am On Apr 27, 2023
kayo80:

Hello... I started taking Omeprazole two weeks ago, but stopped after 9 days. I saw some relief, but I wasn't completely healed. I just felt a change of diet alone would work. Now I want to go back to Omeprazole. How long did you take the drug for?

Omeprazole is fine but pls only follow Doctor prescription on it, don't just walk into a pharmacy to get one. It worked for me and boom gives so many terrible symptoms. My Gerd journey started one morning, i woke up coughing and that was the beginning. Coughing and feeling something was in my throat, i drove down to the hospital immediately and i was given all sorts of antibiotics that later messed me up. I used different sort of herb thinking it was worm in my throat. Am someone who will read ordinary paracetamol pack and even online before putting it in my mouth but i loose guide on Felvin 20, i was using felvin 20 monthly for menstrual pain, infact i used at times without eating not know Felvin 20 was Nsaid drug. The day i woke up coughing i still used this same Felvin 20. My gerd journey started around feb 2019, i was still using felvin20 till 2020 not knowing its Nsaid drug. 2020 i drove down to general hospital after choking that lead to fainting, i was giving all sort of antibiotics even while i tried explaining my problem wasn't antibiotics. Like a week later i went back to general hospital again, i was giving all sort of omeprazole. 2weeks later i went back to the general hospital again on worst symptoms. While talking with the doctor my mind flashed to felvin20 and decided to asked him "Doctor i don't used tablet because i will preferred taking 100 injection than a single paracetamol but i have a particular medicine i used monthly which is felvin20, i hope this medicine isn't my problem?". The Doctor opened his mouth and asked if i was still using it during the medication giving to me and i said yes. That was when i realized my problem started with felvin20. I stopped felvin20 around mar 2020 but the damage still there till date, i regret the day a nurse introduced me to felvin20 for menstrual pain relief. The nurse never told me it as terrible side effect and i stupidly trust her without making research abt the tablet. Seems i used the so called felvin20 for almost 8yrs monthly not knowing the damage loading. This gerd suffered me but i thank God, part of my past symptoms were stuck throat, difficulty to breath, bloating, lower back pain, heartburn, throatburn, mouthburn, shoulder pain, indigestion, anxiety, irritated throat, stomach pain, headache, fear for no reason, depression, lack of sleep, dizziness, dry skin, hydration, itching and more.. And my hplori test was negative. All my crazy symptoms disappeared one after the other the day i decided am tired of using medication always. I packed all my medication from omeprazole to gaviscon and all and trash them. I even have like 3 bottles of gaviscon unused yet, i trashed them all, is like me making up my mind for the worst, tired of using medication daily, tired of feeling better now and worst later, i trashed all medications, joined online morning prayer reluctantly and start watching what and what goes into my mouth. All my symptoms disappeared one by one, now am only left with throatburn and mouthburn once in a while. One more thing i noticed, stay away completely from too much thinking that will stress you out. Also stay away from mineral drinks especially those with caffeine in them. I stopped drinking mineral for like 3months and i was better like nothing happened but few weeks back into mineral i started having throatburn and mouthburn back. May God help me and my ojukokoro, i can't even drink half of ordinary small coke but my mouth must touch it, lol. From this morning, i will try to stop completely

1 Like

Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Olagrace1: 7:25am On Apr 27, 2023
zichien:

In my own case, i once used felvin20 monthly for menstrual pain for almost 8yrs not knowing its nsaid drug.
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by kayo80(m): 8:35am On Apr 27, 2023
Olagrace1:

Omeprazole is fine but pls only follow Doctor prescription on it, don't just walk into a pharmacy to get one. It worked for me and boom gives so many terrible symptoms. My Gerd journey started one morning, i woke up coughing and that was the beginning. Coughing and feeling something was in my throat, i drove down to the hospital immediately and i was given all sorts of antibiotics that later messed me up. I used different sort of herb thinking it was worm in my throat. Am someone who will read ordinary paracetamol pack and even online before putting it in my mouth but i loose guide on Felvin 20, i was using felvin 20 monthly for menstrual pain, infact i used at times without eating not know Felvin 20 was Nsaid drug. The day i woke up coughing i still used this same Felvin 20. My gerd journey started around feb 2019, i was still using felvin20 till 2020 not knowing its Nsaid drug. 2020 i drove down to general hospital after choking that lead to fainting, i was giving all sort of antibiotics even while i tried explaining my problem wasn't antibiotics. Like a week later i went back to general hospital again, i was giving all sort of omeprazole. 2weeks later i went back to the general hospital again on worst symptoms. While talking with the doctor my mind flashed to felvin20 and decided to asked him "Doctor i don't used tablet because i will preferred taking 100 injection than a single paracetamol but i have a particular medicine i used monthly which is felvin20, i hope this medicine isn't my problem?". The Doctor opened his mouth and asked if i was still using it during the medication giving to me and i said yes. That was when i realized my problem started with felvin20. I stopped felvin20 around mar 2020 but the damage still there till date, i regret the day a nurse introduced me to felvin20 for menstrual pain relief. The nurse never told me it as terrible side effect and i stupidly trust her without making research abt the tablet. Seems i used the so called felvin20 for almost 8yrs monthly not knowing the damage loading. This gerd suffered me but i thank God, part of my past symptoms were stuck throat, difficulty to breath, bloating, lower back pain, heartburn, throatburn, mouthburn, shoulder pain, indigestion, anxiety, irritated throat, stomach pain, headache, fear for no reason, depression, lack of sleep, dizziness, dry skin, hydration, itching and more.. And my hplori test was negative. All my crazy symptoms disappeared one after the other the day i decided am tired of using medication always. I packed all my medication from omeprazole to gaviscon and all and trash them. I even have like 3 bottles of gaviscon unused yet, i trashed them all, is like me making up my mind for the worst, tired of using medication daily, tired of feeling better now and worst later, i trashed all medications, joined online morning prayer reluctantly and start watching what and what goes into my mouth. All my symptoms disappeared one by one, now am only left with throatburn and mouthburn once in a while. One more thing i noticed, stay away completely from too much thinking that will stress you out. Also stay away from mineral drinks especially those with caffeine in them. I stopped drinking mineral for like 3months and i was better like nothing happened but few weeks back into mineral i started having throatburn and mouthburn back. May God help me and my ojukokoro, i can't even drink half of ordinary small coke but my mouth must touch it, lol. From this morning, i will try to stop completely

I read through your sypmtoms and i was like, whoa! That's a lot. I have/had most of them though, like feeling of something stuck in my throat, headache, fear for no reason (i cant even hang out with friends for too long, i start feeling somehow), depression, dizziness...

Anyway, i stopped taking Omeprazole weeks ago cos even though it was stopping the feeling pf something stuck in the throat and acid in the mouth, the side effects was crazy...like feeling weak and nauseous. Now i dont take any drugs...i just watch what i eat, and take ginger tea once in a while. The GERD symptoms still come, but they're less now.

1 Like

Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Olagrace1: 9:57am On Apr 27, 2023
kayo80:

I read through your sypmtoms and i was like, whoa! That's a lot. I have/had most of them though, like feeling of something stuck in my throat, headache, fear for no reason (i cant even hang out with friends for too long, i start feeling somehow), depression, dizziness...

Anyway, i stopped taking Omeprazole weeks ago cos even though it was stopping the feeling pf something stuck in the throat and acid in the mouth, the side effects was crazy...like feeling weak and nauseous. Now i dont take any drugs...i just watch what i eat, and take ginger tea once in a while. The GERD symptoms still come, but they're less now.

That's omeprazole for u, it worsen my symptoms

1 Like

Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by NezzyMike: 1:14am On Apr 28, 2023
Olagrace1:

Nezzymike good morning.. Talking of irritable bowel syndrome, how do someone know if they're suffering from irritable bowel syndrome?

You need to be assessed first, gastrointestinal disturbances you have had for the past 6 months to be able to diagnose it.
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Sarahn: 11:23am On Jun 07, 2023
Olagrace1:

Thanks searahh. I wil get the coconut water and the toothpaste.. But you see gaviscon heaven will never let me near it, that thing almost kill me. If i use gaviscon this moment am fine, next moment am worst. I barely have symptoms again, just that i dislike breakfast and i noticed am always having throatburn after long day without food. In my own case i don't have heartburn but throatburn and tongue burn. On lifting of pillow part, am used to it, i can't sleep now without lifting my pillow. Meanwhile am used to eating raw tiny ginger every night before bed, just tiny raw ginger and trust me am used to it, infact i love the taste now that i can't do without eating it before bed, lol. My main concern now is why am always having indigestion at night, if i eat by 6pm, by 10pm i can still feel choke and start vomiting the food but i noticed this always happend whenever i eat oily or pepper food. Drinking water at late hour too gives throatburn at times. Pls who else feel choke at the smell of strong perfume? If your perfume is too strong, it choke my throat and start giving me stuck throat. I know all these gerd will become history one day in my life. I think my mistake was doing endoscopy and not seeing a gastroenterologist with the result, those people are too expensive, imagine charging over 60k to see a gastroenterologist every session, haba. Please Serah was your gastroenterologist affordable? If you can share share his contact please, i really want to know the source of my GERD. I know i have GERD but what exactly caused it is what i really want to know.

Garki hospital. Ask for a gastroenterologist. It was 20 to 30k, I had a doctor friend who referred me and I got it cheaper. I don't have the contact anymore.

Just go to the public hospital with the most specialists in your area. In Abuja, it's garki hospital and Nissa.

I don't want to scare you but I must be honest oh. For anyone who's reading my post and has throat burns: If the throat burns continue for a long time, your throat may end up developing Barrett's esophagus and from then on you'll be looking at throat cancer.

Unfortunately, the only way for you to be sure that don't have Barrett's esophagus is to do endoscopy. Prevention is better than cure oh. Chemotherapy and radiotherapy is millions of naira vs the thousands of naira for an endoscopy. If you have done endoscopy already, carry your results to a gastroenterologist oh. This is important.
One session with a gastro may save your life oh. If 60k is the lowest you can find in your area, close your eyes and pay. Health is wealth. I say it again. Health is wealth. It's only when you're healthy that can enjoy the fruit of your labor.

Pls don't bear it and think it will go away. It may not. If you're lucky, it will. But your life is not bet9ja, you don't gain anything from gambling on it.

Anyways...
To at least reduce the chances of getting this thing, I would still recommend getting gaviscon advanced.

The gaviscon I'm recommending to you is not regular gaviscon we use in Nigeria. I found this out on Reddit. Americans and British swear by it. It's expensive, 5k upward but this is the cheaper alternative if you cannot see a specialist.

When fees became too much, it was my lifeline. I know they sell it at hmedix in Abuja. Check those big pharmacies not chemist oh. I was chugging this thing every day when my throat burner, when my stomach burned.

The gaviscon advanced will help with the throat burning you.

Piling pillow on top of each other is not the same as getting a wedge pillow.
I bought my wedge pillow for 20k in 2021 from @fmnigeria on IG.
I don't know the price now.

Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Jessiemms: 3:25pm On Jun 12, 2023
15 EASY HOME REMEDIES FOR INDIGESTION AND HEARTBURN.

Indigestion and heartburn are two typical digestive issues that afflict many people globally. These two disorders can have a substantial negative impact on a person’s quality of life and cause significant suffering.

Acid reflux, sometimes referred to as heartburn, is a widespread illness that impacts millions of individuals globally. It happens when stomach acid refluxes into the esophagus, irritating and inflaming it. Eating in excess, lying down right after eating, eating hot or fatty foods, smoking, and consuming alcohol are only a few causes of heartburn.
There are a number of home remedies and natural therapies that might help relieve the signs of heartburn and indigestion. These consist of:

Ginger: Ginger is a natural anti-inflammatory that will ease nausea as well as minimize stomach irritation. To help with symptoms, you can sip ginger tea or chew on some ginger.

Baking soda: Baking soda is an organic antacid that can help reduce heartburn and indigestion symptoms by neutralizing stomach acid. Drink a glass of water gently after adding one teaspoon of baking soda to it.

Peppermint: Peppermint can ease indigestion and heartburn symptoms by relaxing the muscles in the digestive tract. To help with symptoms, you can sip peppermint tea or eat peppermint leaves.

Apple cider vinegar: Consuming apple cider vinegar may aid w https://healthjex.com/2023/04/15/15-home-remedies-for-indigestion-and-heartburn/
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Estringx(m): 6:34am On Aug 02, 2023
I came back here to give testimony of what healed me. Get pure honey. Make sure it's the undiluted honey. Usage: Swallow 3 - 4 teaspoons daily. Don't mix it with your saliva. Just swallow the honey as a whole. You'll be healed totally.

2 Likes

Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by HELPTHEFAMILY: 9:31pm On Aug 03, 2023
Hello my brothers and sisters, please with a heart full of sadness and so much anxiety I'm compelled to write this to whom it may concern🤲🏾🙏🏽

I have my lovely mom, going through pains and a lot with the health issues😔😭. She had a kidney stone which results to a severe kidney problem over years now and we the family of OKOJI is sad to announce to the occurrence of our problems and plead with the kind hearted citizens to help in any form as it will have a long way to assist us financially to resolve all that is required for her health and may the good Lord in his love and infinite mercy replenish all who is helping to this. Thanks 🙏🏽

Yours sincerely,
Mr. Chibuike Prince Okoji
Please kindly send to the family of OKOJI

The family provided two(2) payment options:

This includes gofundme.com and you can easily send directly to the family opay account
OPAY: 7030325205 MR. CHIBUIKE PRINCE OKOJI

You can also contact the family: 07030325205

Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Blogthug(m): 11:13pm On Aug 16, 2023
Hey guys, I created a GERD support whatsapp group where we can exchange ideas on what works and also follow up on one another. I've had gerd for over 13 years myself. Reach out to me on 07034362071 to get added to it. See you

1 Like

Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by kayo80(m): 12:36pm On Sep 20, 2023
Estringx:
I came back here to give testimony of what healed me. Get pure honey. Make sure it's the undiluted honey. Usage: Swallow 3 - 4 teaspoons daily. Don't mix it with your saliva. Just swallow the honey as a whole. You'll be healed totally.

How long did it take to work? And how are you feeling right now?
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by dehyor(m): 1:16pm On Nov 26, 2023
Hi Guys,

I have had gerd for a while and its been a crazy experience. Here are my symptoms:
Pressure in the chest, heartburn, burrping and farting( sometimes releases the chest pressure), back of throat pain( more like peppering pain), difficulty swalloing (around the chest), regurgitation(also when burping), feel sensation in my oesophagus when i take cold or hot drink/food.

I have stopped taking omeprazole for a long time. Also i have not done endoscopy as i am scared of it, anyone who has done it how did it go.

Please what can i do or use to cure GERD. I am tired.
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Tanamiii: 11:53am On Jan 07
Zino89:
i had all the symptoms you mentioned + fast heart beat please its not a spiritual attack. Do h pylori test(ulcer) and FOB test
. Thank God you’re the first person I’m seeing experiencing same symptom as me (fast heart beat) mine is always 30-1hour after eating the wrong food. Especially when I lay down my heart starts beating hard and fast it scary. But I notice if I stay away from the trigger food for like a month and take omeprazole for a month I can eat what I want but with caution. But the moment I stop omeprazole few days later I start experiencing those symptoms. It’s hell and it bothers me that this might be a permanent thing. Pls is it?
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Gidah: 7:14pm On Jan 07
I can’t say for sure how long I’ve been feeling like this but for sure more than 3 years,it’s the worse feeling ever ,I have very bad influx of gas in my stomach the baddest of indigestion,I can feel food movement in my stomach hours after eating even possible to throw up the particle undugested hours if I do something I shouldn’t do. Always bloated stomach.i will read through back pages to see if I can find something’s to calm it , currently I’m thinking of trying herbal stopped using omeisha plus kit few months ago cos it doesn’t cure it just part time relieve
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by AAA593: 11:17pm On Jan 20
So many great testimonies on acid reflux via this YouTube video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=js1CHMHf7e8
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by tronixinc: 2:56pm On Apr 15
Hello all, i believe someone must have mentioned this, GERD is caused by low stomach acid.
For those having that issue, get Betaine HCL supplement and use as directed.

You can also use (Organic Apple Cider Vinegar with the "Mother") after meals and you'll get proper relief.

For the ones with eroded gut, avoid eating plants due to it's inbuilt defence chemicals that would wreck more havoc.

For 30 days, get meat, eggs, butter (not margarine), fish and replace your meals with those.

Within 30 days, stay away from alcohol, vegetable oils (use coconut oil, tallow, butter (not margarine, lard), nightshades.

Buy fatty meat and eat, cook in Himalayan salt if you can afford it, eat as many eggs as can handle. Basically, replace plants with animal foods.

And report back within 30 days.

Good luck.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Freedom Omoifoh, Sick Italy Based Nigerian, Solicits To Be Sent Home / Covid-19: Alibaba Group Donates 1.1 Milion Test Kits To African Countries / Kano To Rely On ‘Verbal’ Autopsy For Mysterious Deaths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.