Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,704 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:12 PM

GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help (31850 Views)

Infection Wants To Kill Me Help! / Help, This Gerd Is Draining / I Look Older Than My Age And It Is Really Affecting My Self Esteem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by ugomnaanny: 9:44am On Oct 09, 2018
elijah101:
Bros ... na hypochondriac Dey worry you
very possible
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by pat077: 2:11pm On Oct 09, 2018
BENARI:
My advice is Gerd is a diet related disease. Read up all you can about it. Lots of useful materials online.
Monitor the way your body responds to every food you eat and minimize or eliminate those that trouble you.

For starters, stay away as much as you can from oranges, lemon, ginger, fried and roasted grandnut, cashew nut.

Limit intake of fried stuffs, consume fewer quantity of food at a time, eat semo or amala instead of eba. Eat at least 2 hours before sleep.

This are the few I can share. They've worked for me.
what about wheat and fufu
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by BENARI: 8:19pm On Oct 09, 2018
pat077:
what about wheat and fufu

Thus far, no issues with wheat, fufu is a little problematic especially when consumed in large quantity.
Although with gerd, moderation should be a way of life.

2 Likes

Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by BENARI: 8:24pm On Oct 09, 2018
ugomnaanny:
thank u, I wish u what u wish others

Thank you my brother. Correct Response to the self made god.

1 Like

Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Lawrittanneka68(f): 9:28pm On Oct 09, 2018
Kingwizzy16:
For more than a month I've been having this feelings like something is stocked in my throat

When I checked Google this what I got.

https://www.google.com.ng/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/17019-gerd-or-acid-reflux-or-heartburn-overview&ved=2ahUKEwjRtNaM2ujdAhUqCsAKHZ81AfgQFjABegQICxAE&usg=AOvVaw0VHaqVXtQfvCWCzrFBdb6F

I went to lab I complained the doctor said its acid reflux he did series of tests, I had to go for scan also, nothing was discovered, they even took a sample from my throat also, after everything they gave me a syrup medicine like mix Mag, can't remember the name

But up till date I'm still experiencing the same thing, it's even getting worse, once I'm done eating it will start as if all the food i ate are stocked in my throat

Please I need serious advice I'm not comfortable at all ,Use super cider,if interested whatsap or contact this number for more details: 08038220168

Am sorry for any blunder
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by ugomnaanny: 8:41am On Oct 10, 2018
deybholar:
If you are sure it is GERD, walk into any pharmacy and buy ULSA KIT. It is a drug containing Omeprazole, metronidazole and One other drug which I can't remember now. You would feel instant relief. I used to suffer from GERD with different trial and error drugs till I was lucky enough to meet a doctor who finally prescribed ULSA KIT for me. It's been 4 years now and it has totally disappeared.
pls does the ULSA KIT makes one poo poo dark? Since I started taking it I noticed dark poo
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by ugomnaanny: 8:42am On Oct 10, 2018
Kingwizzy16:

I don't think so
pls does the ULSA KIT makes one poo poo dark? Since I started taking it I noticed dark po
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Nobody: 12:46pm On Oct 10, 2018
ugomnaanny:
pls does the ULSA KIT makes one poo poo dark? Since I started taking it I noticed dark po
Mine isn't dark
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Nobody: 3:23pm On Oct 10, 2018
BENARI:
My advice is Gerd is a diet related disease. Read up all you can about it. Lots of useful materials online.
Monitor the way your body responds to every food you eat and minimize or eliminate those that trouble you.

For starters, stay away as much as you can from oranges, lemon, ginger, fried and roasted grandnut, cashew nut.

Limit intake of fried stuffs, consume fewer quantity of food at a time, eat semo or amala instead of eba. Eat at least 2 hours before sleep.

This are the few I can share. They've worked for me.

Wow and they never told me all these at the hospital

I eat eba almost every evening as dinner. And I drink orange a lot, I get plenty inside fridge now

Chaii, I will start taking semo and learn to eat smaller food, because I don't think this stuff is medical

God bless you sir

2 Likes

Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by BENARI: 7:41pm On Oct 10, 2018
Kingwizzy16:

Wow and they never told me all these at the hospital

I eat eba almost every evening as dinner. And I drink orange a lot, I get plenty inside fridge now

Chaii, I will start taking semo and learn to eat smaller food, because I don't think this stuff is medical

God bless you sir

You're very welcome.

Truth is most of our Nigerian Doctors are lazy. It's a strong statement to make, but it's unfortunately true.

Most don't venture to learn beyond what they were thought in the classroom.

When it comes to diagnosis of not so familiar ailments, you must do a lot of research on your own based on your symptoms and then suggest to them to run examinations on you for what you suspect. That's your best option, otherwise they'll keep treating for malaria and telling to stop worrying, that there's nothing wrong with you until it too late.

There are few Great Doctors out there too, but they are so few.

Best wishes with your lifestyle modifications. You'll be fine before you know it. If you can though, I'll advice you do an endoscopy if your situation does not improve soon.

2 Likes

Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by ugomnaanny: 10:20am On Oct 14, 2018
BENARI:

You're very welcome.

Truth is most of our Nigerian Doctors are lazy. It's a strong statement to make, but it's unfortunately true.

Most don't venture to learn beyond what they were thought in the classroom.

When it comes to diagnosis of not so familiar ailments, you must do a lot of research on your own based on your symptoms and then suggest to them to run examinations on you for what you suspect. That's your best option, otherwise they'll keep treating for malaria and telling to stop worrying, that there's nothing wrong with you until it too late.

There are few Great Doctors out there too, but they are so few.

Best wishes with your lifestyle modifications. You'll be fine before you know it. If you can though, I'll advice you do an endoscopy if your situation does not improve soon.
is endoscopy painful While u where having ur symptoms did antacid worked for you?
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by BENARI: 11:35pm On Oct 14, 2018
ugomnaanny:
is endoscopy painful While u where having ur symptoms did antacid worked for you?

Endoscopy is not painful. Usually a mild sedative is administered to numb you a little.
Proceed doesn't last long too.

Antacid works if taken correctly.
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by ugomnaanny: 4:54am On Oct 15, 2018
OK. Thanks
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Nobody: 1:26pm On Apr 17, 2020
BENARI:

Endoscopy is not painful. Usually a mild sedative is administered to numb you a little.
Proceed doesn't last long too.

Antacid works if taken correctly.

Please how much will this endoscopy cost? And which hospital in Lagos do you think is good to do it
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Nobody: 1:27pm On Apr 17, 2020
ugomnaanny:
OK. Thanks

Ugo how far with your GERD? what did you later use or do? Please help a sister
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by BENARI: 1:36pm On Apr 17, 2020
Ladykiss:

Please how much will this endoscopy cost? And which hospital in Lagos do you think is good to do it

I don't stay in Lagos so can't help you with where you can run the scan. But most big Laboratories used offer that service. Most public and private hospitals as well.
The cost should be lower at public hospitals. I did mine at a private hospital, and the cost was 60k at the time. I doubt if the cost has gone up.
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Nobody: 4:52am On Apr 22, 2020
ThisGuyEhn:
Get omeprazole 20mg
Take 2 capsules(40mg) at least 1hr before any meal for a max of 3 times a day
When the symptoms stop you can reduce it to one cap before meals.

Reduce intake of spicy(peppery) foods.

After every meal sit up at least two hours before going to bed.

Also try to retch (gag - put you fingers in your throat till you feel like vomitting and let the secretions flow out)

Also, do you get water brash and slow esophageal motilty? ie food take time to get down your stomach
Do you feel full after a small meal?

I feel full after small meal.. Always feeling like something is stuck in my throat with serious heartburn. Please what can i use?
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Nobody: 4:53am On Apr 22, 2020
deybholar:
If you are sure it is GERD, walk into any pharmacy and buy ULSA KIT. It is a drug containing Omeprazole, metronidazole and One other drug which I can't remember now. You would feel instant relief. I used to suffer from GERD with different trial and error drugs till I was lucky enough to meet a doctor who finally prescribed ULSA KIT for me. It's been 4 years now and it has totally disappeared.

I bought this but the symptoms i feel each time I used it makes me scared, my mouth turned very bitter from the day i started using it, very weak and full stomach. Have only used for 3days, once a day
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Nobody: 4:56am On Apr 22, 2020
deybholar:

I bought this but the symptoms i feel each time I used it makes me scared, my mouth turned very bitter from the day i started using it, very weak and full stomach. Have only used for 3days, once a day

Please how did you use the ulsakit? I mean dosage, while using it, do you feel same symptoms i complained? Please i need your reply
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by molybdenum0012: 5:46am On Apr 22, 2020
I was diagnosed of this GERD about 6 years ago. And I remember, the ENT surgeon prescribed Omeprazole 20mg and kotase tab for me and it worked like magic. However, it does come back after sometime s.

Like someone pointed out here, it is diet related disease you just gat to avoid all kind of spicy food etc.

Don't use Ulsa kit, it is for chronic ulcer especially the one caused by Helictobacter pylori bacteria.

Just use omeprazole 20mg one tablet daily
Kotase tablet is an antiinflammatory table to clear whatever swelling in your throat and else where. Use one tablet a day as well.

Come back and report here if it works for you or not

1 Like

Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by molybdenum0012: 5:56am On Apr 22, 2020
Ladykiss:

Please how did you use the ulsakit? I mean dosage, while using it, do you feel same symptoms i complained? Please i need your reply
According to the prescription written on the kit, you are to use 3-capsule in the morning and another 3-capsule in the evening. That is how I used it.

A doctor prescribed this ulsa kit for me few weeks ago, I could not finished it. After using it for five days, I had to abandon it. That drug is one hell of a crazy drugs. I felt like I wanted to die with all the side effects I experience.

It is a triple action drug, omeprazole, Tinidazole and clarithromycin. Wonder why he prescribed such crazy drug for me without any test to ascertain if it is an ulcer triggered by Helictobacter pylori. Though I only complained of stomach aches though it worked for it but the side effects were far too unbearable for me

I abandoned it after five days since it worsened the conditions. Then I got another pack of omeprazole and kotase tablet, which has been working fine for me without any crazy side effect.
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Nobody: 6:05am On Apr 22, 2020
molybdenum0012:
I was diagnosed of this GERD about 6 years ago. And I remember, the ENT surgeon prescribed Omeprazole 20mg and kotase tab for me and it worked like magic. However, it does come back after sometime s.

Like someone pointed out here, it is diet related disease you just gat to avoid all kind of spicy food etc.

Don't use Ulsa kit, it is for chronic ulcer especially the one caused by Helictobacter pylori bacteria.

Kotase tablet is an antiinflammatory table to clear whatever swelling in your throat and else where. Use one tablet a day as well.

I will follow this, that ulsakit can kill if care is not taking. I took the 3 tablet once a day just for 3days and the drug almost take my life. Too strong.
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Nobody: 6:18am On Apr 22, 2020
molybdenum0012:

According to the prescription written on the kit, you are to use 3-capsule in the morning and another 3-capsule in the evening. That is how I used it.

A doctor prescribed this ulsa kit for me few weeks ago, I could not finished it. After using it for five days, I had to abandon it. That drug is one hell of a crazy drugs. I felt like I wanted to die with all the side effects I experience.

It is a triple action drug, omeprazole, Tinidazole and clarithromycin. Wonder why he prescribed such crazy drug for me without any test to ascertain if it is an ulcer triggered by Helictobacter pylori. Though I only complained of stomach aches though it worked for it but the side effects were far too unbearable for me

I abandoned it after five days since it worsened the conditions. Then I got another pack of omeprazole and kotase tablet, which has been working fine for me without any crazy side effect.

Please do you mean for the past 6yrs till now you are still having GERD and still using the omeprazole kotase tablet?
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by molybdenum0012: 6:22am On Apr 22, 2020
Ladykiss:

Please do you mean for the past 6yrs till now you are still having GERD and still using the omeprazole kotase tablet?

No, the first time I had it and used the drugs, it worked and I never had to use it again until after some years when it came back again.

I think it is important you change your lifestyle even after you don't feel the symptoms anymore to avoid it coming back.

1 Like

Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by molybdenum0012: 6:26am On Apr 22, 2020
Ladykiss:

I will follow this, that ulsakit can kill if care is not taking. I took the 3 tablet once a day just for 3days and the drug almost take my life. Too strong.

That ulsa kit is a death pit. I have never taken such a crazy drugs in my life. Yours is even better since you took just one dose per day. I took two doses following the dosage on the leaflet, it was crazy. I could not complete the fifth-day dosage, I ran for dear life..lol
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Nobody: 6:35am On Apr 22, 2020
molybdenum0012:

No, the first time I had it and used the drugs, it worked and I never had to use it again until after some years when it came back again.

I think it is important you change your lifestyle even after you don't feel the symptoms anymore to avoid it coming back.

Mine started last year, i wanted to die. I was lost, like 3 different can't find solution to it. After like 5months i started online searching and i somehow I stopped in December and back now.. Have used different medication, not working.

Please when you own came back, the omeprazole and kotase tablet works for you?
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Nobody: 6:41am On Apr 22, 2020
molybdenum0012:

Sorry for my too much question, am getting the drug today, i just need to understand it better. Should i take the omeprazole and kotase tablet before food or after meal? Like how many days will i use it to see result? For like how many days should i use it before I stop? The kotase tablet is it the green sachet? Many are online when i checked. Thank you sis
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by molybdenum0012: 6:56am On Apr 22, 2020
Ladykiss:

Sorry for my too much question, am getting the drug today, i just need to understand it better. Should i take the omeprazole and kotase tablet before food or after meal? Like how many days will i use it to see result? For like how many days should i use it before I stop? The kotase tablet is it the green sachet? Many are online when i checked. Thank you sis

I remember it was not easy for most doctor to diagnose and treat, I had to visit Luth back then and got treated. After two years it relapsed and once I just use any kind of antacid, avoid acidic food I would feel better. Also I notice I get the symptoms each time I am under intense stress or depressed as a result of thinking too much.

So, I think one has to avoid stress and over thinking to prevent a relapse.

As for the dosage, a pack of omeprazole usually contains 14 capsules. So, use one each day for 14 days, which is two weeks.

For kotase tab, yes it is green in colour. You
can use 2 tablets for a start and then one tablet after each day.

You can take it shortly before meal or after, it does not matter.

Modified:

Within two or three days, you should be able to see results. Report back if you see result
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Nobody: 7:06am On Apr 22, 2020
[.
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Nobody: 7:06am On Apr 22, 2020
molybdenum0012:

I remember it was not easy for most doctor to diagnose and treat, I had to visit Luth back then and got treated. After two years it relapsed and once I just use any kind of antacid, avoid acidic food I would feel better. Also I notice I get the symptoms each time I am under intense stress or depressed as a result of thinking too much.

So, I think one has to avoid stress and over thinking to prevent a relapse.

As for the dosage, a pack of omeprazole usually contains 14 capsules. So, use one each day for 14 days, which is two weeks.

For kotase tab, yes it is green in colour. You
can use 2 tablets for a start and then one tablet after each day.

You can take it shortly before meal or after, it does not matter.

Modified:

Within two or three days, you should be able to see results. Report back if you see result

Have used omeprazole and gestid for a week, no result. I will go and get another omeprazole with second drug this morning. Henceforth I work on stress and depression.

Mine was heartburn and a sign of something blocking my throat and affecting my breathing since. I don't know if you had the blocked throat issue too then
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by molybdenum0012: 7:24am On Apr 22, 2020
Ladykiss:

Have used omeprazole and gestid for a week, no result. I will go and get another omeprazole with second drug this morning. Henceforth I work on stress and depression.

Mine was heartburn and a sign of something blocking my throat and affecting my breathing since. I don't know if you had the blocked throat issue too then

Yes, try as much as possible to relax your mind and avoid stress. That will go a long way in helping you battle it.

Mine was serious then, my throat had become swollen and irritating with the uvula blocking the airway. I could not swallow any food. The pain was just too much.

The swelling and irritation are caused by the acid regurgitation into the throat area.

The omeprazole capsule works to stop the acid secretion in the stomach, which subsequently escapes via the oesophagus/sphincter and irritate the throat.

The kotase will stop the swelling, irritation and pains.

The gestid or any other antacid will relief your symptoms temporarily. You can still take this especially after meal.

Follow this prescription and let see how you feel thereafter. Hopefully you will feel better.
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Nobody: 7:33am On Apr 22, 2020
molybdenum0012:

Yes, try as much as possible to relax your mind and avoid stress. That will go a long way in helping you battle it.

Mine was serious then, my throat had become swollen and irritating with the uvula blocking the airway. I could not swallow any food. The pain was just too much.

The swelling and irritation are caused by the acid regurgitation into the throat area.

The omeprazole capsule works to stop the acid secretion in the stomach, which subsequently escapes via the oesophagus/sphincter and irritate the throat.

The kotase will stop the swelling, irritation and pains.

The gestid or any other antacid will relief your symptoms temporarily. You can still take this especially after meal.

Follow this prescription and let see how you feel thereafter. Hopefully you will feel better.

Okay thanks... I will buy both today and rulox as my antacid. I saw one post where someone said he used rulox and for so many years now, no issue again.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

The Late Chisom Anekwe: Another Perspective / Physically Challenged Man Constructs Wheelchair Pickup Van For His Business / Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.