Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,335 members, 7,815,660 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:08 PM

GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help - Health (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help (31788 Views)

Infection Wants To Kill Me Help! / Help, This Gerd Is Draining / I Look Older Than My Age And It Is Really Affecting My Self Esteem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Bisimilola: 6:13pm On Nov 29, 2021
Please what happens if it touches the my breast�
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Olagrace1: 3:44pm On Jan 11, 2022
For more than a month I've been having this feelings like something is stocked in my throat

When I checked Google this what I got.

https://www.google.com.ng/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/17019-gerd-or-acid-reflux-or-heartburn-overview&ved=2ahUKEwjRtNaM2ujdAhUqCsAKHZ81AfgQFjABegQICxAE&usg=AOvVaw0VHaqVXtQfvCWCzrFBdb6F

I went to lab I complained the doctor said its acid reflux he did series of tests, I had to go for scan also, nothing was discovered, they even took a sample from my throat also, after everything they gave me a syrup medicine like mix Mag, can't remember the name

But up till date I'm still experiencing the same thing, it's even getting worse, once I'm done eating it will start as if all the food i ate are stocked in my throat

Please I need serious advice I'm not comfortable at all

Am sorry for any blunder

Please can i have your number �
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Olagrace1: 3:52pm On Jan 11, 2022
BENARI:

You're very welcome.

Truth is most of our Nigerian Doctors are lazy. It's a strong statement to make, but it's unfortunately true.

Most don't venture to learn beyond what they were thought in the classroom.

When it comes to diagnosis of not so familiar ailments, you must do a lot of research on your own based on your symptoms and then suggest to them to run examinations on you for what you suspect. That's your best option, otherwise they'll keep treating for malaria and telling to stop worrying, that there's nothing wrong with you until it too late.

There are few Great Doctors out there too, but they are so few.

Best wishes with your lifestyle modifications. You'll be fine before you know it. If you can though, I'll advice you do an endoscopy if your situation does not improve soon.

Am having this same issue too of stick throat, after visiting different general hospitals and private hospitals, I decided to Google myself. I did endoscopy and discovered am having erosive esophagitis grade B.. My throat is very red.. I used boiled ginger, put little lemon and honey which I drink daily. It works fine but always coming back and making me slim down. Please what do you suggest I do to threat this feeling of something stuck in my throat and bloating stomach. At times i have throat and mouth burn and I vomit a lot. I did over 20 different test, I search online and write those test out myself and I did all. Endoscopy, hiv, stomach scan, malaria, hphylori, bacteria and more. Please i will appreciate if you can give me your contact�

1 Like

Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Olagrace1: 3:57pm On Jan 11, 2022

I bought this but the symptoms i feel each time I used it makes me scared, my mouth turned very bitter from the day i started using it, very weak and full stomach. Have only used for 3days, once a day

Please how did you use the ulsakit? I mean dosage, while using it, do you feel same symptoms i complained? Please i need your reply

Please how is your health now?
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Olagrace1: 4:12pm On Jan 11, 2022
Zino89:
gerd can be frustrating , i just finished treating mine after several drugs without improvement i had to use garlic, ginger, tumeric and clove and I'm fine now

How is your health now?
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by braveheart77: 7:06pm On Jan 11, 2022
Olagrace1:

How is your health now?

Overtime the lower esophagus spinster should heal if you avoid acidic foods and be careful when you lay down after eating.

Unfortunately healing hasn’t been permanent for me and i get symptoms when i do something to yhe extreme (like taking vodka or strong drink, excess pepper or anything that can hurt the LES)

1 Like

Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Olagrace1: 10:43pm On Jan 11, 2022
Sarahn:
I would like to ask if anybody here has done an endoscopy?

I did so and found out that it was untreated gastritis that caused me to have GERD. Prior to the endoscopy, I was diagnosed with ulcer.

Please you guys should go for an endoscopy. Get yourself treated on time.

For anyone looking for tips on reducing acid reflux.
1. It doesn't matter if the food is acidic or not, eat small portions. Wait a bit before drinking water.
2. Get a wedge pillow so that your head can stay elevated when you sleep and you can use it to support your back when sitting up.
3. Please see a gastroenterologist. I wish I had seen one once I had the symptoms. If it's gastritis, if it's caught early you won't have any problems. Please note that gastritis has similar symptoms as ulcer.
4. For me drinking yogurt and honey helps at lot for the heartburn. Not Hollandia, buy farm fresh or Greek yogurt. Natural honey as well.

I am repeating this again, go and see a gastroenterologist. Even if it's a one-time consultation. Most general doctors in Nigeria don't know sh!t about stomach problems.

I did endoscopy, the result was erosive esophagitis grade B

1 Like

Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Olagrace1: 10:54pm On Jan 11, 2022
braveheart77:

Overtime the lower esophagus spinster should heal if you avoid acidic foods and be careful when you lay down after eating.

Unfortunately healing hasn’t been permanent for me and i get symptoms when i do something to yhe extreme (like taking vodka or strong drink, excess pepper or anything that can hurt the LES)

I went to big pharmacy this evening, luckily I met a good Doctor there who was calm to listen to all my research. I explained everything have used in the past, all the test I Google and end up doing, the result and all. I told him have used omeprazole in the past but the symptoms keep coming back after some months. Just as suspected, half treatment was the issue. Now I will have to use omeprazole for a month non stop, gaviscon, kotase tab for a week, Domperidone 10mg for few days to control my vomiting.

I did my research now and discovered Meprasil omeprazole works for erosive esophagitis truly. I will try and complete this dose this time.

Researching online now, I will have to use the Meprasil omeprazole for 4 to 8weeks non stop, one tab morning and one tab at night, 30mins before eating. Gaviscon morning, afternoon and night like 2hrs after eating. Domperidone one tab morning and one at night for few days to stop vomiting. Kotase tab 2 tablet morning and 2tablet at night for a week to heal the inner wound. I pray this work for me

1 Like

Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by braveheart77: 1:08am On Jan 12, 2022
Olagrace1:

I went to big pharmacy this evening, luckily I met a good Doctor there who was calm to listen to all my research. I explained everything have used in the past, all the test I Google and end up doing, the result and all. I told him have used omeprazole in the past but the symptoms keep coming back after some months. Just as suspected, half treatment was the issue. Now I will have to use omeprazole for a month non stop, gaviscon, kotase tab for a week, Domperidone 10mg for few days to control my vomiting.

I did my research now and discovered Meprasil omeprazole works for erosive esophagitis truly. I will try and complete this dose this time.

Researching online now, I will have to use the Meprasil omeprazole for 4 to 8weeks non stop, one tab morning and one tab at night, 30mins before eating. Gaviscon morning, afternoon and night like 2hrs after eating. Domperidone one tab morning and one at night for few days to stop vomiting. Kotase tab 2 tablet morning and 2tablet at night for a week to heal the inner wound. I pray this work for me

Yeah you should get better but also make the necessary lifestyle changes.

Also be careful about long term use of PPI.

1 Like

Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Olagrace1: 1:32am On Jan 13, 2022
braveheart77:

Thanks.. I will stop the omeprazole 4 to 8weeks and only use like once in 2weeks to recover fully. Am still looking for nexium omeprazole, I will prefer it to Meprasil omeprazole.
Somehow am feeling dry throat, guess the wound is healing or am reacting to one of the medicine. I guess the vomiting control tab but my vomiting as stopped. No more vomiting, I will use this morning and night, then stop using.
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Olagrace1: 1:39am On Jan 13, 2022
braveheart77:

Please kindly explain the lying down part for me, what and what should I be careful about?
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Doneit: 8:27am On Jan 13, 2022
braveheart77:

@ Braveheart, pls call or chat me pls 0903
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by ORIAYO70(m): 2:36pm On Jan 13, 2022
For more than a month I've been having this feelings like something is stocked in my throat

When I checked Google this what I got.

https://www.google.com.ng/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/17019-gerd-or-acid-reflux-or-heartburn-overview&ved=2ahUKEwjRtNaM2ujdAhUqCsAKHZ81AfgQFjABegQICxAE&usg=AOvVaw0VHaqVXtQfvCWCzrFBdb6F

I went to lab I complained the doctor said its acid reflux he did series of tests, I had to go for scan also, nothing was discovered, they even took a sample from my throat also, after everything they gave me a syrup medicine like mix Mag, can't remember the name

But up till date I'm still experiencing the same thing, it's even getting worse, once I'm done eating it will start as if all the food i ate are stocked in my throat

Please I need serious advice I'm not comfortable at all

Am sorry for any blunder

Bros stop wasting ur money
If u have good immune system this situation will go naturally.. don't be panic I once experience it
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Olagrace1: 5:43pm On Jan 13, 2022
ORIAYO70:

Bros stop wasting ur money
If u have good immune system this situation will go naturally.. don't be panic I once experience it

Go naturally? Lol.. Pray you don't have chronic GERD

1 Like

Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Olagrace1: 9:12pm On Jan 13, 2022
braveheart77:

I just bought Nexium esomeprazol now, I will stop Meprasil omeprazole and start using Nexium to complete the dose

1 Like

Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Olagrace1: 9:33pm On Jan 13, 2022
Greenbuoy:
Good morning damsellady.

It took me 15 minutes after taking the solution to bulp.

Kindly outline the next step I'm to take. Thanks.

How is your health now?
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Olagrace1: 9:38pm On Jan 13, 2022
majormofor:
You all need to be drinking lime or lemon water, and eating ginger.... It low stomach acid.. You need to increase ur stomach acid.. Stop using all what doctors prescribed for you to reduce acid, you are meant to increase acid.... If you can get celery or cabbage juice it every morning (celery mostly)... Or blend it with water, remove/sieve the shaft and drink ur symptoms will reduce... Doctors think its too much acid and dey prescribed you with drugs to reduce acid Nooo... Its bacteria in ur stomach that is producing weird substance that's acid like..... You all must av depleted ur stomach acid with sugar, carbonated drink, alcohol... 0708_ 773 _ 3472 whatapp me

You're right but in a situation endoscopy show you have erosive esophagitis, then u need mediation to block acid for some weeks to heal the throat. Definitely high acid and not low. Best advice is ot do endoscopy before taking any medication

1 Like

Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Olagrace1: 9:38pm On Jan 13, 2022
majormofor:
You all need to be drinking lime or lemon water, and eating ginger.... It low stomach acid.. You need to increase ur stomach acid.. Stop using all what doctors prescribed for you to reduce acid, you are meant to increase acid.... If you can get celery or cabbage juice it every morning (celery mostly)... Or blend it with water, remove/sieve the shaft and drink ur symptoms will reduce... Doctors think its too much acid and dey prescribed you with drugs to reduce acid Nooo... Its bacteria in ur stomach that is producing weird substance that's acid like..... You all must av depleted ur stomach acid with sugar, carbonated drink, alcohol... 0708_ 773 _ 3472 whatapp me

You're right but in a situation endoscopy show you have erosive esophagitis, then u need medication to block acid for some weeks to heal the throat. Definitely high acid and not low. Best advice is ot do endoscopy before taking any medication
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Greenbuoy(m): 10:57pm On Jan 13, 2022
Can't say I've gotten better, but my brain has kind of gotten used to the condition.
Olagrace1:

How is your health now?
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Olagrace1: 2:04am On Jan 14, 2022
Greenbuoy:
Can't say I've gotten better, but my brain has kind of gotten used to the condition.

After the bicarbonate soda test, did you make use of the celery juice? In my own case it work but I find it difficult to work on my diet reason for my return Symptoms.
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by braveheart77: 2:38am On Jan 14, 2022
Olagrace1:

Please kindly explain the lying down part for me, what and what should I be careful about?

Anything that makes the LES relax is a no no. E.g alchol, pepper, etc.

An inverted position or lying down makes acid flow easily to the LES
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by braveheart77: 2:41am On Jan 14, 2022
Olagrace1:

Thanks.. I will stop the omeprazole 4 to 8weeks and only use like once in 2weeks to recover fully. Am still looking for nexium omeprazole, I will prefer it to Meprasil omeprazole.
Somehow am feeling dry throat, guess the wound is healing or am reacting to one of the medicine. I guess the vomiting control tab but my vomiting as stopped. No more vomiting, I will use this morning and night, then stop using.

Just use omeprazole with prescription, there is a risk i think with just stopping all of a sudden.

Also it builds up slowly in your system, so its not something to take once in two weeks.

No more votiming may suggest your LES is stronger now and prevents reflux
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Greenbuoy(m): 7:46am On Jan 14, 2022
No, I didn't. Couldn't get it.
Olagrace1:

After the bicarbonate soda test, did you make use of the celery juice? In my own case it work but I find it difficult to work on my diet reason for my return Symptoms.
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by BENARI: 1:18pm On Jan 15, 2022
Olagrace1:

Am having this same issue too of stick throat, after visiting different general hospitals and private hospitals, I decided to Google myself. I did endoscopy and discovered am having erosive esophagitis grade B.. My throat is very red.. I used boiled ginger, put little lemon and honey which I drink daily. It works fine but always coming back and making me slim down. Please what do you suggest I do to threat this feeling of something stuck in my throat and bloating stomach. At times i have throat and mouth burn and I vomit a lot. I did over 20 different test, I search online and write those test out myself and I did all. Endoscopy, hiv, stomach scan, malaria, hphylori, bacteria and more. Please i will appreciate if you can give me your contact�

Send me an email at sukersocrates@gmail.com.

Quote me here to notify me once you do.

We'll take it from there.

The thing with gerd though is that it's not one size fits all. We'll have to figure out what works best for you.

Best wishes to you.

1 Like

Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Olagrace1: 5:06pm On Jan 15, 2022
BENARI:

Send me an email at sukersocrates@gmail.com.

Quote me here to notify me once you do.

We'll take it from there.

The thing with gerd though is that it's not one size fits all. We'll have to figure out what works best for you.

Best wishes to you.

I just sent you a mail now

1 Like

Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Zino89: 8:44pm On Jan 15, 2022
Olagrace1:

How is your health now?
I’m fine now thanks for checking up on me .hope you are good? .happy new year
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by BENARI: 12:28am On Jan 16, 2022
Olagrace1:

I just sent you a mail now

Ok
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Michaelzor: 6:31pm On Jan 17, 2022
Sarahn:

Hey Sarah are you feeling better now? And if you arr what did u do to get better I'd like to talk more about this
•Avoid anything with spices, that includes onions, tomatoes, pepper, garlic and ginger. Anthing with citric acid, oranges, lime, lemon, apple ma sef! Banana is ok though! Sometimes milk can make it worse, that's why I prefer yogurt!
•Avoid carbonated drinks. Avoid alcohol! Avoid smoking!
•Wear loos clothing. Make sure that no cloth is tightened around your stomach, chest and neck. For ladies, this may include bra, oh!
•In my experience, you must sit up for at least four hours, don't even bend down! •Immediately drink antiacid or yogurt the minute you experience symptoms.
•I repeat, DO NOT LIE DOWN. If you can, sleep sitting up.

If you're asthmatic like me... DON'T LIE DOWN FOR AT LEAST 12 HOURS, sit up ooh!
If you can, sleep sitting up.

IF NOT, you'll have asthmatic attack and asthmatic cough on top LPR. It was one of the terrible experiences in my life! I wouldn't wish that kind of pain in my worst enemy!

I hope this helps.
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Olagrace1: 10:34pm On Jan 17, 2022
Zino89:
I’m fine now thanks for checking up on me .hope you are good? .happy new year
Same to you.. What did you end up using that works for u
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Zino89: 11:17pm On Jan 17, 2022
Olagrace1:

Same to you.. What did you end up using that works for u
I guess mine was pregnancy related

1 Like

Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Olagrace1: 2:14pm On Jan 18, 2022
Zino89:
I guess mine was pregnancy related

Oh time to get pregnant too, maybe my symptoms will disappear after birth, lol.

1 Like

Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Larry3000: 12:23am On Jan 26, 2022
Akon324:
far better now than before

And try to avoid (Maggi, salt) , little papper and hot food for like 1 month when u started taking the cyenamon powder and always use turmeric powder on ur cooking food like stew or soup

Instead of Maggi and salt u can use enough grounded crayfish, garlic powder, ginger powder read the sachet of the garlic and ginger must be 100% raw both the ginger and garlic not the one mixed with salt or any other thing

When u just finish eaten don't drink water immediately wait for like 40min then u drink water

Might not be easy to follow this above write up but I did and it really help me, stuck throat is caused by acid reflux and when is taking long in ur body it will keep affecting your heart which can cuz heart attack that is why u must not joke with it

And always eat fruit like pawpaw, watermelon, red apples avoid green apples cuz it triggers acid reflux, avocados and cumcumber but when u are eaten your cumcumber u hv to chew it very smooth sane with the red apples or if possible u can blend them to juice for easy digestion

I wish u quick recovery.
Can Gerd make one feel chest pain while speaking aloud?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Dead Body Abandoned By Pedestrian Bridge In Abuja / Couple Set Out In Search Of Child But Got Intestines Twisted By Doctor (pics) / Freedom Omoifoh, Sick Italy Based Nigerian, Solicits To Be Sent Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.