Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,200 members, 7,829,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Sanwo-olu Thanks Ambode For A Good Fight - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-olu Thanks Ambode For A Good Fight (34334 Views)

Sanwo-Olu Thanks Lagosians, Advocates Adherence To COVID-19 Protocols / I Have Fought A Good Fight ― Gboyega Isiaka / Jide Sanwo-olu Thanks Tinubu, After Emerging As Lagos APC Governorship Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-olu Thanks Ambode For A Good Fight by dotedote: 2:21pm On Oct 03, 2018
Lagosians aren't that daft.
We know that APC's worst is far better than PDP's best.

Achorise:
if Ambode is wise, let him decamp to PDP.
If PDP is wise let them give him automatic ticket.
Lagosians will vote him,cos they have the real Mandan not party delegates.
Will this, Tinibu dynasty will be destroyed.
PDP will have a clinch of Lagos.

Re: Sanwo-olu Thanks Ambode For A Good Fight by emonkey(m): 2:22pm On Oct 03, 2018
[quote author=Oluwalifted post=71748619][/quote]

Automatic ticket ko, manual ticket ni. Ambode was a nobody until Tinubu made him governor. He has no value to PDP

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Thanks Ambode For A Good Fight by emonkey(m): 2:23pm On Oct 03, 2018
dotedote:
Lagosians aren't that daft.
We know that APC's worst is far better than PDP's best.

That is why APC is rigging up and down ?
Re: Sanwo-olu Thanks Ambode For A Good Fight by Lugano(m): 2:26pm On Oct 03, 2018
IfAmbode is wise, let him decamp to PDP.

Bro check the margins o
Sanwolu- 970454 votes
Ambode-72901 votes
Ambode na is a learner (you don’t bite the finger or fight the structure that brought you into limelight )
Re: Sanwo-olu Thanks Ambode For A Good Fight by humberjade: 2:26pm On Oct 03, 2018
Achorise:
if Ambode is wise, let him decamp to PDP.

Now let's look at it like this, in 2015, here was how APC and PDP fared...APC 812,394 - PDP 659,738.

Now, i don't know how many people got registered and got their PVC after 2015, but what i do know is that Sanwo-Olu recorded about 1 million votes to defeat Ambode in APC primaries...i repeat, APC primaries...non members are yet to vote o.

Pls do d math.
Re: Sanwo-olu Thanks Ambode For A Good Fight by yahmohy27: 2:27pm On Oct 03, 2018
Milllz:
This election has taught me that are a section of the country since independence has chosen to remain as slaves.
Oga mind your own business
Re: Sanwo-olu Thanks Ambode For A Good Fight by vivaciousvivi(f): 2:29pm On Oct 03, 2018
DAntivirus:

I will choose you anytime over Ambode, Sanwoolu or Tinunbu
Fortunately for me, I didn't run for Governor wink
Re: Sanwo-olu Thanks Ambode For A Good Fight by hope4nigeria(m): 2:31pm On Oct 03, 2018
tobtap:
Hmmmm...adding salt to injury ... sorry ambode
ambode is a munmun man, Lagos governor is more powerful than vice president, he would have use every resources at his disposal to disgrace tinubu. But house boy is always a house boy sha .
Re: Sanwo-olu Thanks Ambode For A Good Fight by Nobody: 2:32pm On Oct 03, 2018
Milllz:
This election has taught me that are a section of the country since independence has chosen to remain as slaves.

I usually disagree with comments like these, but it seems I was wrong, infact the way Ambode supporters turned on him because tinubu said so, shocked me!!!, these people are nothing but slaves that await thier masters command
Re: Sanwo-olu Thanks Ambode For A Good Fight by pacificom: 2:32pm On Oct 03, 2018
Milllz:

People should realise that ongoing events are not mere fun, but are major ones which determines their future and as free citizens in a democratic society which has endowed you the privilege to vote for candidate of your own choice in total satisfaction of your conscience.
Re: Sanwo-olu Thanks Ambode For A Good Fight by Basher8583: 2:33pm On Oct 03, 2018
kirkwood:
Politics bullshit!

How come Ambode did not use his power. Lagos is the fifth largest economy in Africa and he wasted his power for the past 4 years.

Lesson: Don't be comfortable no matter your level of success. Something would just happen and you get back to square one.

Not too late though. Politics is a game of number.

Let him collect as much information on collected PVCs, the voting pattern as he can.

Frustrate House of Assembly members with money.

Woo hungry, jobless Agberos with PVCs.

Work underground and scatter votes for Tinubu and Buhari.

Give power to the opposition.

And life goes on.

Tinubu was once a governor like him

He deserves another four years like every other first-term governor.
See this political novice using sentiments to strategise. Na so e don de work for your Potor Republic of Biafra.
The way you have spoken tells why you and your tribe will always be perpetual loosers.
So you actually think Ambode ever wielded any power.

Question:
How is it possible for Iran to buy fighter jets from USA and then use the same jet to fight USA in a war situation. It wont work because USA has rigged the planes with a fail safe to mess then up in situations like this.

Thats what has hapend to Ambode. Jagaban is not stupid to make him an abosolute Governor without a fail safe. Remember this. Mumu strategist grin grin

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Thanks Ambode For A Good Fight by DAntivirus: 2:37pm On Oct 03, 2018
vivaciousvivi:

Fortunately for me, I didn't run for Governor wink

Can we have our own private election where I get to pick you over everyone else ? grin
Re: Sanwo-olu Thanks Ambode For A Good Fight by akdjr(m): 2:37pm On Oct 03, 2018
I see no reason why people are crying foul over the primary election in Lagos state. Ambode emerge as the Governor under a political party in 2015, if the same member of the political party who brought him into power now decide otherwise I don't think people should fault it. after all he was endorsed by the same members while other aspirants where left out of the race then.
Re: Sanwo-olu Thanks Ambode For A Good Fight by Basher8583: 2:38pm On Oct 03, 2018
hope4nigeria:
ambode is a munmun man, Lagos governor is more powerful than vice president, he would have use every resources at his disposal to disgrace tinubu. But house boy is always a house boy sha .
Na you be mumu.
So you actually this thats how it works.
Ambode is not an Absolute governor. 95% of his staff are Tinubu's loyalist so which power does he weild. Its not every thing thats bought with money Igbo man. That only works in your Potor tribe of Biafra not Yoruba land.
Re: Sanwo-olu Thanks Ambode For A Good Fight by Dollabiz: 2:38pm On Oct 03, 2018
smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Sanwo-olu Thanks Ambode For A Good Fight by judecares1(m): 2:41pm On Oct 03, 2018
shut ur hell lizard, the man is full of himself,a mental man
Aystarz:

You don't have much discipline, do you? That's no way to talk about your future governor boy.
Re: Sanwo-olu Thanks Ambode For A Good Fight by binarykid(m): 2:45pm On Oct 03, 2018
He actually thanked everybody. Almighty God first and then you know the very next person na.... Baba oo

Video: https://www.facebook.com/naso.ebi/videos/522588904869056/?t=0
Re: Sanwo-olu Thanks Ambode For A Good Fight by Bishop777: 2:46pm On Oct 03, 2018
bobydo:
Sanwo-Olu Thanks Ambode For ‘A Good Fight,’

One of the frontline aspirants in the Lagos All Progressives Congress (APC) governorship primary, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, has appreciated Governor Akinwunmi Ambode, thanking him for what he described as ‘a good fight.’

Sanwo-Olu who has been publicly endorsed by the National Leader of the APC, Senator Bola Tinubu, after the poll on Tuesday night, praised governor Akinwunmi Ambode for allowing the direct primary to ‘come to stay.’

“I think it is important that I also thank the executive governor of Lagos State, Mr Akinwunmi Ambode for a good fight. I want to thank him for giving us the opportunity, to let this direct primary come to stay and we were able to have it.

“I want to thank him. I want to wish him the very best in the remainder of his tenure as the executive governor of Lagos State,” Sanwo-Olu said in the video.

Sanwo-Olu also appreciated his supporters and Lagos residents promising that he will not take them for granted.

“You have all worked tirelessly for the level we are now. I am indeed grateful and appreciate all your efforts.

“Lagosians, with what you have done for me, I cannot take you for granted. I will cherish it for the rest of my life.”

Sanwo-Olu’s public address comes amidst disagreement between Lagos APC Chairman, Tunde Balogun and Chairman of the APC National Working Committee (NWC) panel, Clement Ebri.

While Balogun insisted that a primary election was held with delegates from 245 wards in attendance, Clement Ebri said the poll has been postponed indefinitely.

Balogun said the result declared at the poll stands as party agents for the two aspirants – Governor Akinwunmi Ambode and Jide Sanwo-Olu were present.

https://www.channelstv.com/2018/10/03/lagos-apc-primaries-sanwo-olu-thanks-ambode-for-a-good-fight-in-new-video/amp/?utm_source=TW&utm_medium=ChannelsTV-%20AutoPoster&utm_campaign=SNAP%20from%20Channels%20Television&__twitter_impression=true
Re: Sanwo-olu Thanks Ambode For A Good Fight by hope4nigeria(m): 2:46pm On Oct 03, 2018
Basher8583:

Na you be mumu.
So you actually this thats how it works.
Ambode is not an Absolute governor. 95% of his staff are Tinubu's loyalist so which power does he weild. Its not every thing thats bought with money Igbo man. That only works in your Potor tribe of Biafra not Yoruba land.
see this Ode of a person! What do you know? You fall from sky? Where were you when fashola wanted to go for second time, this same thing played out, but when Tinubu understand that fashola is a real man, he fall in line, all the appointee then was also tunubu loyalist but the electorate were 100% behind fashola. That's what I expected of ambo. Anyway, you're a dumb ass
Re: Sanwo-olu Thanks Ambode For A Good Fight by Bishop777: 2:52pm On Oct 03, 2018
thank God you won, pls my request is when you eventually become the governor return Badagry seaport to them, complete the ongoing Agbovipe road, connect all the street, fix Lagos to Badagry express road and turn Badagry to world class tourist hub, it is a very big shame that the first local government in Nigeria is in Badagry and nothing to show for it.
Re: Sanwo-olu Thanks Ambode For A Good Fight by vivaciousvivi(f): 2:57pm On Oct 03, 2018
DAntivirus:

Can we have our own private election where I get to pick you over everyone else ? grin
Where is your sense of democracy dude?!
Re: Sanwo-olu Thanks Ambode For A Good Fight by henwealth(m): 2:57pm On Oct 03, 2018
Four years of Godfatherism and Dictatorship awaits Lagos....
Re: Sanwo-olu Thanks Ambode For A Good Fight by pacificom: 2:57pm On Oct 03, 2018
Lugano:
IfAmbode is wise, let him decamp to PDP.

Bro check the margins o
Sanwolu- 970454 votes
Ambode-72901 votes
Ambode na is a learner (you don’t bite the finger or fight the structure that brought you into limelight )

Its better for Ambode to decamp to PDP on time. PDP should also read in between the lines and honor their man with ticket asap. "Leave my house does not mean leave the world" We are in a free country and you will never know where hope lies for you untill you play your game elsewhere. Bob Marley says" He who fight and run away, leaves to fight another day"
Re: Sanwo-olu Thanks Ambode For A Good Fight by DAntivirus: 3:00pm On Oct 03, 2018
vivaciousvivi:

Its in you, cos u r my perfect idea of the best government... crafted in love and slated with beauty grin
Re: Sanwo-olu Thanks Ambode For A Good Fight by Focusmind: 3:04pm On Oct 03, 2018
Milllz:

Rubbish! and the people from your side will continued to be oppressed and marginalized. They will continue to beg for political offices and favor. Keep deceiving yourself and be doing gragra. I don't know why your politicians have not imbibed the diplomacy and planning culture of the West.

There is what is called diplomacy in politics and that's what people from your side have failed to imbibe. They always think that it is by fighting and intimidation. A fight they will always loose.
Re: Sanwo-olu Thanks Ambode For A Good Fight by Unik3030: 3:06pm On Oct 03, 2018
Drabeey:
maybe he gave you a good fight or not, you remain one of the products of 'godfatherism' which of course Ambode is too!

let this remain in your skull that you guys lost a very large chunk of APC supporters yesterday, I torn my membership card too and would work tirelessly for your defeat sanwoolu. Bank on that

deliver my message to your lord! I've written a personal message to him, im not afraid of you guys!

https://www.nairaland.com/4767435/just-torn-apc-card-personal

Drabeey was HERE
look at this one deceiving himself,u will work tirelessly like u amount to anything.keep living in delusion bro.its allowed
Re: Sanwo-olu Thanks Ambode For A Good Fight by JAYMMO: 3:21pm On Oct 03, 2018
The way the Yorubas react toward Ambode who was once respected and almost revered, reminds me of how the Jews reacted toward Jesus when Pilate gave them the opportunity to choose btm Jesus and a criminal. Of course u all know the rest of the story.
LESSON: the Jews rejected freedom from Jesus. The Yoruba too, are towing the same line. Tinubu...enslave them for life.
Re: Sanwo-olu Thanks Ambode For A Good Fight by Gudybay(m): 3:21pm On Oct 03, 2018
It's not you thar fight Ambode .....Its your party. If he decamp Tinubu will know his fate.
Re: Sanwo-olu Thanks Ambode For A Good Fight by Addy003(m): 3:37pm On Oct 03, 2018
kunle75:

I am having a feeling that if ambode eventually is frustrated out of APC things might take a twist during general election and history might be rewritten
My opinion

Same here..
Re: Sanwo-olu Thanks Ambode For A Good Fight by Basher8583: 3:53pm On Oct 03, 2018
hope4nigeria:
see this Ode of a person! What do you know? You fall from sky? Where were you when fashola wanted to go for second time, this same thing played out, but when Tinubu understand that fashola is a real man, he fall in line, all the appointee then was also tunubu loyalist but the electorate were 100% behind fashola. That's what I expected of ambo. Anyway, you're a dumb ass
You are hopeless for someone using this moniker.
Was there any direct primaries done for Fashola?
You dont gerrit. Direct primaries are done to disgrace a participant that is not popular with the public. Tinubu cannot. For Tinubus camp to opt for indirect primaries for Fashola meant that they settled thier diferences which is a normal thing.
Question
So why was Ambode unable to settle his own with Tinubu and ended up being humiliated like this.... (10mks)
Re: Sanwo-olu Thanks Ambode For A Good Fight by Babacele: 4:05pm On Oct 03, 2018
vivaciousvivi:

He just lost the election to .....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tambuwal Bow Has He Visited Aliyu Wammako In Hos House / Fashola Gives Conditions For Stable Power Supply / Atiku Abubakar Visits Ibrahim Babangida In Minna (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.