Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,975 members, 7,952,922 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:27 AM

Press Conference: Ambode Addresses Lagosians At 2:30pm (Live Updates) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Press Conference: Ambode Addresses Lagosians At 2:30pm (Live Updates) (55178 Views)

Akinwumi Ambode Visits Babajide Sanwo-Olu At Lagos House, Ikeja / Press Conference: Ambode Refuses To Answer Dele Momodu's 4 Questions / Ambode Addresses A World Press Conference At 2pm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Press Conference: Ambode Addresses Lagosians At 2:30pm (Live Updates) by dgee1(m): 3:46pm On Oct 03, 2018
odogwu125:

Lagos is not igbo. Its nomansland. You have your oba, we have our ezendigbo simple

Ezendigno. The same title that was dragging supremacy with the Deji of Akure few years back.

You welcome these Igbos to a place, they would want yo claim ownership and all.

The reason why Lagos is thriving is because an average Yoruba man is hospitable. we welcome people regardless of tribe and religion. Tribal and religious bigotry is not a Yoruba thing, by and large.

If Lagos were in the east it wouldn't have seen the kind of development Lagos has seen these years. You know why?

Your massive tribal bigotry in the east would have hampered development. It has affected how you play politics on the national stage too.

Imagine these people getting angry at Ambode's Yoruba language policy! In a SW state for that matter!!

15 Likes

Re: Press Conference: Ambode Addresses Lagosians At 2:30pm (Live Updates) by Guestlander: 3:46pm On Oct 03, 2018
odogwu125:

Lagos is not igbo. Its nomansland. You have your oba, we have our ezendigbo simple

You have ezendigbo in Hamburg , Jakarta and Beijing too. They are everywhere without any territory.
One was humiliated and put back in his place in Akure a few years back.

4 Likes

Re: Press Conference: Ambode Addresses Lagosians At 2:30pm (Live Updates) by Lilimax(f): 3:46pm On Oct 03, 2018
DAntivirus:

I just sent u a pm
undecided smiley
Don't!
Re: Press Conference: Ambode Addresses Lagosians At 2:30pm (Live Updates) by tuniski: 3:48pm On Oct 03, 2018
[quote author=spirul77 post=71750317][/quote]

Perhaps you need that cos you post like a 90s child!
Re: Press Conference: Ambode Addresses Lagosians At 2:30pm (Live Updates) by Dannyset(m): 3:48pm On Oct 03, 2018
ModsareChevres:

Guy, enjoy your temporary victory... grin
Ok you want to go to tribunal abi? grin
Re: Press Conference: Ambode Addresses Lagosians At 2:30pm (Live Updates) by Shuku0kukobambi: 3:50pm On Oct 03, 2018
odogwu125:

You have ezendigbo in Kano too na and even in katsina. Are those places also no-man's-land?

There's Oba Yoruba in imo state too. Is imo also no man's land?

Your dumb arrogance is always your undoing cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Press Conference: Ambode Addresses Lagosians At 2:30pm (Live Updates) by ModsareChevres: 3:50pm On Oct 03, 2018
Dannyset:

Ok you want to go to tribunal abi? grin

Am I Ambode?

1 Like

Re: Press Conference: Ambode Addresses Lagosians At 2:30pm (Live Updates) by alabi484(m): 3:50pm On Oct 03, 2018
Sultty:
That's ur take but if he still take d risk he could cause an upset in Lagos
I seriously wish he could cos I pity him at this point but the best chance at pulling an upset would have been in the primaries,if he couldn't get half of the votes cast in primaries,I doubt if he'll do much with another party
Re: Press Conference: Ambode Addresses Lagosians At 2:30pm (Live Updates) by ceejay80s(m): 3:51pm On Oct 03, 2018
sogodihno:
I feel for Ambode sha!

feel for who, u know how many people he don render homeless for lagos for say he dey expand road, hes own houses for lagos still stand o!!! why e no expand from that side?
Re: Press Conference: Ambode Addresses Lagosians At 2:30pm (Live Updates) by ModsareChevres: 3:51pm On Oct 03, 2018
dyydxx:

temporary....u no dey ginger again grin grin grin grin grin grin

Ginger forever... grin
He who laughs last laughs best... grin

1 Like

Re: Press Conference: Ambode Addresses Lagosians At 2:30pm (Live Updates) by sammirano: 3:52pm On Oct 03, 2018
DMerciful:
When Lagos became capital of Nigeria and a cosmopolitan city, it lost its uniqueness to a tribe, it now belongs to all Nigerians equally. Proximity has given Yorubas advantage wrt numbers but igbos have more investment in Lagos than any other tribe. Abuja also is for everybody with igbos having the largest investments

And thats why your brothers have never become a governor of lagos, and you pay all sorts and seek yorubas favor in lagos.. I pity this igbo guys in lagos when i see them. If agbero threthen them lasan they will become cold like ice block grin What do you people smoke sef?
Re: Press Conference: Ambode Addresses Lagosians At 2:30pm (Live Updates) by dgee1(m): 3:56pm On Oct 03, 2018
Lyoncrescent:

The thing is my mum is from Lagos. Lagos Island to be precise. She can trace four generations back to her family house in Lagos Island. The history of Lagos from the period of the aworis showed that yorubas dominated the landscape prior to the Oba of Benin expedition. Every Oba of Lagos has been yoruba. Historically, yorubas have been the dominant tribe in Lagos even before Nigeria became a Nation.

Saying that Lagos is a melting point for everyone is acceptable. After all it is the commercial capital of Nigeria and so many tribes have lived their entire life here which is why its a melting point. London is another classic example as the curent Mayor of London is of Pakistani Origin. Look at the way Nigerians are moving to Canada for better opportunities in droves. Canada is also becoming a melting point.

I cant imagine the Mayor of London now saying simply because he is of pakistani origin, London is now a no mans land. Or, the millions of Nigerians and Africans who have left for Canada should now turn back and say that Canada is a no mans land simply because maybe one Nkechi Adebunmi is now Prime Minister of Canada.

The thing is when you say Lagos is a no mans land, you actually attempt to diminish the cultural ties that generations have had in Lagos prior to migration. Based on almost every known record, yorubas were the orignial settlers in Lagos. If I now move to Enugu or Kano and i am popular in my community there and i speak the language and i win a seat in the house of reps there, can i then also turn arround and say Enugu or Kano is no mans Land ?

Lagos is a melting point. You can say you are also a Lagosian. It can be our land together if you want but to say its a no mans land in the context you say is offensive/insensitive to say the least.

This is my submission.

Only a Yoruba person can reason this way.

Thumbs up to you.

6 Likes

Re: Press Conference: Ambode Addresses Lagosians At 2:30pm (Live Updates) by mercyville: 3:57pm On Oct 03, 2018
DMerciful:
When Lagos became capital of Nigeria and a cosmopolitan city, it lost its uniqueness to a tribe, it now belongs to all Nigerians equally. Proximity has given Yorubas advantage wrt numbers but igbos have more investment in Lagos than any other tribe. Abuja also is for everybody with igbos having the largest investments

Are you talking about your 2×2 shops investments because you do not have 5℅ of industries in Lagos.All your 2×2 shops investments joined together does not reach 1/10 of the worth of Honeywell only.You have lots and lots of 2×2 investments in your South East and all your IGR joined is less than that of only Ogun state.Yorubas are industrialists and have massive industries in and outside Nigeria thereby controlling the economy of Nigeria.They have been doing this from the advent of Nigeria even during regionalism.This thread

https://www.nairaland.com/3918290/yorubas-most-industriousrichest-educated-tribe/1

shows that Igbos are still learners when it comes to business.

4 Likes

Re: Press Conference: Ambode Addresses Lagosians At 2:30pm (Live Updates) by deomelo: 4:01pm On Oct 03, 2018
[s]
eyeview:

You people are the biggest hypocrites in Nigeria.
The same ambode you people were insulting igbos for. Oba of Lagos said anyone who won't vote ambode will drown in lagoon. I hope he will vote ambode or risk drowning
[/s]

You Igbos don't like Ambode and your ipob brothers in Lagos did not even vote to put him in office.

The fact that I praise you yesterday doesn't mean I won't remove you from office for other acts of incompetence tomorrow. There's accountability in leadership, something you Igbos need to emulate in your backward villages full of incompetent leaders.

ipob mentality is always backward mentality.
Re: Press Conference: Ambode Addresses Lagosians At 2:30pm (Live Updates) by Nobody: 4:02pm On Oct 03, 2018
Ambode has conceded defeat already, all these ipob political analyst can rest now.
Re: Press Conference: Ambode Addresses Lagosians At 2:30pm (Live Updates) by dgee1(m): 4:02pm On Oct 03, 2018
grin
mercyville:

Are you talking about your 2×2 shops investments because you do not have 5℅ of industries in Lagos.All your 2×2 shops investments joined together does not reach 1/10 of the worth of Honeywell only.You have lots and lots of 2×2 investments in your South East and all your IGR joined is less than that of only Ogun state.Yorubas are industrialists and have massive industries in and outside Nigeria thereby controlling the economy of Nigeria.They have been doing this from the advent of Nigeria even during regionalism.

2 Likes

Re: Press Conference: Ambode Addresses Lagosians At 2:30pm (Live Updates) by akdjr(m): 4:03pm On Oct 03, 2018
Fight what? Is it by force to represent your people? The party has decided and the honourable thing to do is to respect that. Simple!
ozodigboo:

he should hv submitted to party supremacy a long time ago. its too late. the primaries are over. he has been humiliated.
the only option remaining is to fight.
and I expect that speech
Re: Press Conference: Ambode Addresses Lagosians At 2:30pm (Live Updates) by Guestlander: 4:05pm On Oct 03, 2018
Lyoncrescent:

The thing is my mum is from Lagos. Lagos Island to be precise. She can trace four generations back to her family house in Lagos Island. The history of Lagos from the period of the aworis showed that yorubas dominated the landscape prior to the Oba of Benin expedition. Every Oba of Lagos has been yoruba. Historically, yorubas have been the dominant tribe in Lagos even before Nigeria became a Nation.

Saying that Lagos is a melting point for everyone is acceptable. After all it is the commercial capital of Nigeria and so many tribes have lived their entire life here which is why its a melting point. London is another classic example as the curent Mayor of London is of Pakistani Origin. Look at the way Nigerians are moving to Canada for better opportunities in droves. Canada is also becoming a melting point.

I cant imagine the Mayor of London now saying simply because he is of pakistani origin, London is now a no mans land. Or, the millions of Nigerians and Africans who have left for Canada should now turn back and say that Canada is a no mans land simply because maybe one Nkechi Adebunmi is now Prime Minister of Canada.

The thing is when you say Lagos is a no mans land, you actually attempt to diminish the cultural ties that generations have had in Lagos prior to migration. Based on almost every known record, yorubas were the orignial settlers in Lagos. If I now move to Enugu or Kano and i am popular in my community there and i speak the language and i win a seat in the house of reps there, can i then also turn arround and say Enugu or Kano is no mans Land ?

Lagos is a melting point. You can say you are also a Lagosian. It can be our land together if you want but to say its a no mans land in the context you say is offensive/insensitive to say the least.

This is my submission.

You are wasting your precious time. Do you really think these people are so dumb to actually believe the nonsense they are saying about Lagos?
They are jokers trying to troll you and rile you up.
Re: Press Conference: Ambode Addresses Lagosians At 2:30pm (Live Updates) by sogodihno: 4:05pm On Oct 03, 2018
mercyville:

Are you talking about your 2×2 shops investments because you do not have 5℅ of industries in Lagos.All your 2×2 shops investments joined together does not reach 1/10 of the worth of Honeywell only.You have lots and lots of 2×2 investments in your South East and all your IGR joined is less than that of only Ogun state.Yorubas are industrialists and have massive industries in and outside Nigeria thereby controlling the economy of Nigeria.They have been doing this from the advent of Nigeria even during regionalism.This thread

https://www.nairaland.com/3918290/yorubas-most-industriousrichest-educated-tribe/1

dont mind them, I don't know how this Igbo think. but I think it's this online ones that reason like this sha. because I have met cul Igbos offline and they make sense with their reason.
Re: Press Conference: Ambode Addresses Lagosians At 2:30pm (Live Updates) by sogodihno: 4:05pm On Oct 03, 2018
mercyville:

dont mind them, I don't know how this Igbo think. but I think it's this online ones that reason like this sha. because I have met cul Igbos offline and they make sense with their reasonings.
Re: Press Conference: Ambode Addresses Lagosians At 2:30pm (Live Updates) by spirul77: 4:06pm On Oct 03, 2018
[quote author=tuniski post=71751741]

Perhaps you need that cos you post like a 90s child![ 70s child that can't accept the reality of life,since you can't accept ambo's defeat why don't you stage a one man protest at jagabans house,be crying more than the bereaved there]
Re: Press Conference: Ambode Addresses Lagosians At 2:30pm (Live Updates) by Sagay212: 4:15pm On Oct 03, 2018
MY FELLOW UMU IPOD PIGS. WE CANNOT ACCEPT THIS NONSENSE FROM AFONJAS. THESE PEOPLE KEEP MAKING OUR LIVES MISERABLE. WE KNOW THAT THE AFONJAS ARE OUR MASTERS BUT THEY SHOULD AT LEAST HAVE MERCY ON US. WHY IS IT THAT ANYBODY WE SUPPORT ALWAYS FAIL. UMU IPODS, WHAT IS REALLY GOING ON? WITH ALL OUR ONLINE SUPPORT AND VOTES FOR AMBODE TO GO FOR SECOND TERM, HE STILL FAILED. UMU IPODS, ARE WE CURSED?

AFONJAS HAVE DONE EVERYTHING TO TEACH US COMMON SENSE AND HOW TO LIVE LIKE SENSIBLE HUMANS BUT I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY WE CAN'T JUST LEARN. SOMETHING MUST BE WRONG WITH US MY FELLOW UMU IPODS.

AWOLOWO FRUSTRATED OUR FORE FATHERS, OBASANJO MADE OUR FATHERS CRY LIKE BABIES, NOW JAGABAN IS CAUSING US UNBEARABLE PAINS. UMU IPODS I THINK WE NEED TO RETHINK AND ACCEPT OUR FATE. WE CAN NEVER MEASURE UP TO THIS AFONJA PEOPLE. THEY ARE WAY AHEAD OF US. EVERY BLESSED DAY, AFONJAS DEY WIRE US LEFT, RIGHT AND CENTRE. CHUKWU OKIKE ALABAMA SELF DON SHENK US. WHICH KIND LIFE BE THIS. IN MY NEXT LIFE, I MUST COME AS AN AFONJA. I REFUSE TO EVER COME TO THIS WORLD AGAIN AS A CURSED IPOD WHO NEVER ACHIEVES ANYTHING REASONABLE. I WILL EVEN MAKE SURE TO MARRY AN AFONJA WOMAN SO THAT MY KIDS DON'T SUFFER WHAT ME AND MY FORE FATHERS SUFFERED. I AM SURE THE AFONJA BLOOD IN MY KIDS WILL MAKE THEM VERY INTELLIGENT AND TOLERANT AND ABOVE ALL MAKE THEM MASTERS OVER UMU IPOD SLAVE PIGS.

THIS ARE THE WORDS OF EMEKA FROM PORTORPORTOR REPUBLIC AFTER THEY PUSHED AMBODE INTO THE GUTTER WITH THEIR ONLINE SUPPORT. NOW THEY KNOW WHO THEIR MASTERS ARE.

Re: Press Conference: Ambode Addresses Lagosians At 2:30pm (Live Updates) by spirul77: 4:15pm On Oct 03, 2018
[size=8pt][/size]
tuniski:

tuniski:

[quote author=tuniski post=71751741]

Perhaps you need that cos you post like a 90s child![ hope you've read or watched his press release,he did exactly what I suggested,that's what a wise man would do,70s child]
Re: Press Conference: Ambode Addresses Lagosians At 2:30pm (Live Updates) by tuniski: 4:15pm On Oct 03, 2018
[quote author=spirul77 post=71752306][/quote]
Childish!
Re: Press Conference: Ambode Addresses Lagosians At 2:30pm (Live Updates) by jagzyukay: 4:21pm On Oct 03, 2018
globemoney:

No. Lagos is no mans land and belong to all Nigerians. Lagos is not yorubaland

Pls stop saying rubbish. all u online warriors are the real cowards, I'm damn sure u can't say this in public Nd Even ur IPOB leads s would never dare to make such a claim so pls sharrap!!
Re: Press Conference: Ambode Addresses Lagosians At 2:30pm (Live Updates) by CaptainFM1: 4:25pm On Oct 03, 2018
Lagosians should just ditch APC and go for proper change. A change from Tinubu and sanwo-Tinubu stronghold on the state. I'm not campaigning for any, but let's just look at the options available.

3 Likes

Re: Press Conference: Ambode Addresses Lagosians At 2:30pm (Live Updates) by Nobody: 4:43pm On Oct 03, 2018
CROWNWEALTH019:

Edo is doing fine, with the projection on ground, we would take over Lagos come 2025
Anything is possible.
What I don't like is being negative about another state when u yours is there.

And the legacy u are hoping on to over take Lagos was introduced and designed by governors from the very same APC u insult here daily.

Stop supporting parties and start supporting individuals with vision.
If Edo was left in the hands of those Hawks in PDP then, u wouldn't have been having hope for the future.
Re: Press Conference: Ambode Addresses Lagosians At 2:30pm (Live Updates) by Iykenuwa(m): 4:46pm On Oct 03, 2018
CROWNWEALTH019:

He wants to make LAGOS state an opposition state

Lagos State was an "opposition state" for over 13 years under Obasanjo, Yar Adua and Jonathan, so what is your point?
Re: Press Conference: Ambode Addresses Lagosians At 2:30pm (Live Updates) by Nobody: 4:48pm On Oct 03, 2018
OGHENAOGIE:
so one shd not care in a State he or she reside... Yet we keep shouting one Nigeria
Calm down bro, I'm not against opinions but the guy I quoted always talk about Lagos when he's in Benin.
Re: Press Conference: Ambode Addresses Lagosians At 2:30pm (Live Updates) by globemoney: 4:51pm On Oct 03, 2018
jagzyukay:

Pls stop saying rubbish. all u online warriors are the real cowards, I'm damn sure u can't say this in public Nd Even ur IPOB leads s would never dare to make such a claim so pls sharrap!!
Please go and look for somewhere to cry not in my mentions. Funny thing is your not from Lagos. Orji Uzor Kalu said it publicity before and heavens did not fall

1 Like

Re: Press Conference: Ambode Addresses Lagosians At 2:30pm (Live Updates) by mercyville: 5:01pm On Oct 03, 2018
sogodihno:

dont mind them, I don't know how this Igbo think. but I think it's this online ones that reason like this sha. because I have met cul Igbos offline and they make sense with their reasonings.

Some of them but most are just irrational... grin
Re: Press Conference: Ambode Addresses Lagosians At 2:30pm (Live Updates) by Zionbel(m): 5:05pm On Oct 03, 2018
As credible as Gov Ambode, he lost. Election in Nigeria isn't won by credibility. It's won by the most sophisticated rigger.
Ambode lost because he lost the support of the power that brought him to power.
APC is the government of the godfather by the godfather and for the godfather.
If you know you know.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Rabiu Kwankwaso Orders Civil Disobedience In Kano Over Governorship Election / At Last, President Buhari’s Cabinet List Out Wednesday - ThisDay / How Do You Convince These People Against Muhammadu Buhari?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.