Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,450 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

Throwback: Seeing Movies, What It Looked Like Decades Ago (Photos) - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Throwback: Seeing Movies, What It Looked Like Decades Ago (Photos) (45769 Views)

Upcoming Tom Holland Movies: What's Ahead For The Spider-man Actor / Throwback: Old Nollywood Movies We All Loved (pics) / 2018 Movies - What To Expect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Throwback: Seeing Movies, What It Looked Like Decades Ago (Photos) by mikron(m): 12:58am On Oct 27, 2018
emmanuelpopson:

our house was the assembly for all kids then whenever we put on our Sony color TV watching some of these movies.. nagin,toofan, most Bruce Lee films, Chuck Norris etc ,commando, Rambo etc...I just reminisce those days bro..
robin Hood, Dr WHO. those memories linger on... I cant say much...I was reading comments and I was laughing with ecstasy that I enjoyed my childhood.. unlike these indomie generation...
unlike those indomie generation bro grin grin
Re: Throwback: Seeing Movies, What It Looked Like Decades Ago (Photos) by mikron(m): 1:02am On Oct 27, 2018
Viruscod3d:

Chai memories ... you forgot to include storyland and superforce
grin grin grin
Re: Throwback: Seeing Movies, What It Looked Like Decades Ago (Photos) by Nobody: 9:02am On Oct 27, 2018
Explorers:
Electronic Rewinder with melody/tune.

Came in the 80s before the manual rewinder mid - late 90s.

I prefer this one because back then I can easily clean a cassette that was dirty compare to the manual rewinder.
Re: Throwback: Seeing Movies, What It Looked Like Decades Ago (Photos) by Nobody: 9:07am On Oct 27, 2018
olayinkajnr:

If it gets dirty, we loose the video play and clean with a neat white cloth (for those of us that couldn't get a video head cleaner).
You are absolutely correct. Do you remember the video head cleaner that plays melodious music with a hand wiping the head cleaner?
Re: Throwback: Seeing Movies, What It Looked Like Decades Ago (Photos) by olayinkajnr(m): 9:08am On Oct 27, 2018
asuustrike1:

You are absolutely correct. Do you remember the video head cleaner that plays melodious music with a hand wiping the head cleaner?

Lol. How can I forget bro?

He don tey
Re: Throwback: Seeing Movies, What It Looked Like Decades Ago (Photos) by Nobody: 9:10am On Oct 27, 2018
Kaycee7:
Ah! Explorers be taking us on a trip down nostalgia lane. You have not known frustration and rage until you use spoon, yes spoon, to rewind a video cassette. Only to come back and discover your siblings have watched the movie and left the cassette like that. At that moment, nothing is more painful.

BTW, if you had a room like the one below as a young man, you were the real MVP
Is that not Sega?
Re: Throwback: Seeing Movies, What It Looked Like Decades Ago (Photos) by Nobody: 9:17am On Oct 27, 2018
Viruscod3d:
this reminds of those days when our tv normally catch our neighbours blue film. We will tune the tv and if he is watching his blue film which he always watch, We will be in our palour watching it live.
cheesy grin grin grin grin
Re: Throwback: Seeing Movies, What It Looked Like Decades Ago (Photos) by Kaycee7(m): 10:52am On Oct 27, 2018
asuustrike1:

Is that not Sega?
It is
Re: Throwback: Seeing Movies, What It Looked Like Decades Ago (Photos) by Adewale1603(m): 2:01pm On Oct 27, 2018
kay29000:
I remember the day my dad bought the Toshiba mutli system VHS player back in the early 90s. That was the shiit back then...super sharp quality. And we used to get our movies from Samaco in Yaba. When Cash n Carry on Broad Street used to sell movies for N50/N70, my Dad used to get the super sharp clarity VHS tapes at Samaco for N300. Chai! It was like DVD quality before DVD. Men!

My dad loved anything entertainment back then. We had all the latest movies...Some of my favorite movies back then were Above the Law (Yeun Baio), Dark Angel/I Come in Piece (Dolph Lundgren), Universal Soldiers (Van Damme and Dolph Lundgren), anything with Jacky Jan, all Roger Moore and Sean Connery James Bond movies, Lethal Weapon movie series (Mel Gibson and Danny Glover), Basic Instict (Michael Douglas and Sharon Stone)...etc
I dey feel you o, classical. You enjoyed back in the days

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Seeing Movies, What It Looked Like Decades Ago (Photos) by Adewale1603(m): 2:04pm On Oct 27, 2018
IamHansomE:

My guy.... Where I fit download those old naija moviEs
Youtube
Re: Throwback: Seeing Movies, What It Looked Like Decades Ago (Photos) by dangoteinlaw: 10:48pm On Nov 18, 2018
Explorers:

Lol.......Nothing like lens bro, we call it head.

Video play head.

Lalasticlala
chai explorers, you thread dey nearly bring tears outta my eyes. I can narrate ijele from start to end even till I demise. So now now 25years is gone..

Explorer u are almost bigger than Nairaland, u need your own website or blog. Pls quote me if you already have one
Re: Throwback: Seeing Movies, What It Looked Like Decades Ago (Photos) by dangoteinlaw: 10:51pm On Nov 18, 2018
Jabioro:
My mate spotted,lndomie generation becareful..we the elders are here to give you people the past funny days.
u sure say u na my mate so cheesy u remember touch-ur-toe??
Re: Throwback: Seeing Movies, What It Looked Like Decades Ago (Photos) by dangoteinlaw: 10:56pm On Nov 18, 2018
okwabayi:

They do, especially if they want to catch up with older siblings and sometimes uncles and aunts. I wasn't alive in 1942 and neither were my parents but my 24 year old sister got the HD movie Casablanca because of the movie's legend status.
I have downloaded and rewatched all the movies I enjoyed as a child in the 80s, reliving the same nostalgia I once had as a kid. My younger sister, once again, has downloaded and listened to most of the albums from my time as a child. She did this so when I talk about the beauty of song lyrics she can relate. She understands all these new rap songs where the musicians sound like they woke up from sleep meanwhile I have no idea neither do I care what they say. At the same time we can both sit down and listen to Puff Daddy's [his name at the time] albums from the early 90s.
The Indomie generation is priviledged. People should stop looking down on them.
Give your nephews a few more years, you'll find out they'll catch up with you on the knowledge of 'old school' material.
thank god for YouTube I can always go back to my childhood days whenever I want. Whenever I want to listen to real music or watch real movies, movies from ace actress like Liz Benson, pat attah, jenevive, Sandra achums, etc I just go and download them back. I honestly can understand what happened or is that I am to old to enjoy the new generation stuffs because I am not understanding... Look as rap for Instance, see what those "lil" has done to hip-hop compared to when we had Dr Dre, run DMC, will smith, etc such a disappointment.
Re: Throwback: Seeing Movies, What It Looked Like Decades Ago (Photos) by Jabioro: 3:57am On Nov 19, 2018
dangoteinlaw:
u sure say u na my mate so cheesy u remember touch-ur-toe??
Of course...
Re: Throwback: Seeing Movies, What It Looked Like Decades Ago (Photos) by Ayobami7(m): 7:37pm On Nov 20, 2018
wow

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

BBNaija: Princess & Bitto Have Been Evicted! / Abuja Female Carpenter Adaeze Oforma Dazzles in New Photo, Joins Reality TV show / BBNaija: Anita Joseph And MC Galaxy Campaign For Mercy At Computer Village

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.