Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,567 members, 7,958,752 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 10:31 PM

Broken Water At 38weeks With No Labour - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Broken Water At 38weeks With No Labour (430 Views)

Protest As Pregnant Woman In Labour Dies At Ogun Police Checkpoint Over Facemask / Bauchi Pregnant Woman Slices Her Stomach Due To Labour Pains (graphic Pic) / [A Must Read]: How To Purify Your Water At Home Without Using Chlorine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Broken Water At 38weeks With No Labour by Hallenjay: 8:29am On Oct 04, 2018
Gud morning everyone, one of my friend is pregnant and she's at 38 weeks already and ds breaking water of a thing happened to her at 37 weeks up till now she has not labour.. Hope is fyn and how long wil d water break with no effect on both d baby and mother.Google earlier said d water is amino acid and wen finished it can stop d baby, moreover d mother n d baby r prone to infection if d water remains broke with no labour... She has gone to hospital and she was asked to wait for a week again.... Pls I need ur candid advice
Re: Broken Water At 38weeks With No Labour by Femsyn(m): 8:46am On Oct 04, 2018
Double post
Re: Broken Water At 38weeks With No Labour by Femsyn(m): 8:47am On Oct 04, 2018
I wonder the kind of hospital that told her to still wait. The longer she waits, the higher her chances of infection, and of course putting the child in danger.

My advice is for her to opt for CS immediately, in case the baby isn't strong enough for vaginal birth.

Usually in cases like this, the child must be placed on antibiotics even after birth. Not for immediate consequences, but for later.

Speaking from my experience via a different doctor/hospital.

(1) (Reply)

Do You That Parkinson Can Be Treated With NUTRISHIELD HERBAL EXTRACT. / Top 10 Places To Use Free & Decent Toilet Facilities / Must Read For Ladies!!! Please Beware Of White Stuff In Your V@gina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.