Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,856 members, 7,862,805 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 07:01 AM

Valid Us Passport. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Valid Us Passport. (1093 Views)

Renewal Of US Passport For Child In Nigeria / Greencard/us Passport Application Issues, Please Advise Now / Visiting Nigeria With Us Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Valid Us Passport. by mafe23(m): 9:53pm On Jul 10, 2010
Valid US Passport, No money for return ticket to the US, So hopeless, Any Ideas

Thanks
Re: Valid Us Passport. by smartmoney(m): 1:35am On Jul 11, 2010
moved
Re: Valid Us Passport. by omega25red(m): 2:23am On Jul 11, 2010
go to the u.s consulate office and they can lend you the ticket money which you will have to pay back when you get back to the states.
Re: Valid Us Passport. by oyewolejos(m): 2:24am On Jul 11, 2010
mafe23:

Valid US Passport, No money for return ticket to the US, So hopeless, Any Ideas

Thanks
Contact the American Embassy and explain your problem to them.There should be a way to help if it's an emergency.A friend of mine once got stranded in France and had to call the American Embassy there and they immediately put in on the next available Delta Airline flight back home.
Let them know your plight they will surely know what to do
Re: Valid Us Passport. by mafe23(m): 11:48am On Jul 12, 2010
Thank you for the piece of information.

I already tried
omega25red:

go to the u.s consulate office and they can lend you the ticket money which you will have to pay back when you get back to the states.

They wouldn't lend me because of my Social Security Number. I was issued one at birth but I can't remember it. That was the stumbling block towards getting a travel loan.

I would welcome more suggestions.Thanks
Re: Valid Us Passport. by omega25red(m): 3:52pm On Jul 12, 2010
umm you can start by calling the social security services administrative office (i think that is their name) and talk to someone explaining your situation. you might have to submit your documents some how because i doubt if they will trust you over the phone from Nigeria. Do you have any family in the u.s who can search your documents for you? and how do you have a u.s passport and not know your social security number? They probably ldidn't beleive that the passport belongs to you because even 5 year olds know their SS#. if you have a passport, you need your social security number to apply for it and i wonder how old you are (not insulting you) that you don't know your social security number . anyway call social security and talk to someone they will have the best advice for you as to how you can prove you are who you say you are.
Re: Valid Us Passport. by symbian03(m): 4:05pm On Jul 12, 2010
Why didn't you get your self a round-trip ticket or probably not embark on a journey you can't afford?
Re: Valid Us Passport. by coolier(f): 5:55pm On Jul 12, 2010
mafe23:

They wouldn't lend me because of my Social Security Number. I was issued one at birth but I can't remember it.

Is your Social Security Number proof of citizenship or your US passport? You're telling us you have a US passport and they're still asking for your social security number at the Consulate as proof of citizenship? I don't believe that! A standard U.S. birth certificate issued by a state government is your primary proof of U.S. citizenship, the US passport supersedes that.

But if your US passport was issued in Nigeria due to the fact you were born by US citizens but you've actually never been to US before or you were born in the US and brought to Nigeria as a baby, then the Consulate is under no obligation to return you there, or 'lend' you money as you put it, the onus is on you to get yourself back there if you so desire, except of course you're on holidays, you run into difficulties and you get stuck in a foreign country then it is their duty to protect you and get you back home safely.
Re: Valid Us Passport. by mafe23(m): 3:04pm On Jul 13, 2010
coolier:

Is your Social Security Number proof of citizenship or your US passport? You're telling us you have a US passport and they're still asking for your social security number at the Consulate as proof of citizenship? I don't believe that! A standard U.S. birth certificate issued by a state government is your primary proof of U.S. citizenship, the US passport supersedes that.

But if your US passport was issued in Nigeria due to the fact you were born by US citizens but you've actually never been to US before or you were born in the US and brought to Nigeria as a baby, then the Consulate is under no obligation to return you there, or 'lend' you money as you put it, the onus is on you to get yourself back there if you so desire, except of course you're on holidays, you run into difficulties and you get stuck in a foreign country then it is their duty to protect you and get you back home safely.

Thank you so much for your reply. Now I understand why the onus was on me to find my way back to the states

(1) (Reply)

Agbero Collection At Omagwa Airport / How Can I Start A Travel Agency Office? / Recent Informtion On Poland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.