Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,089 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

Man Who Returned N600,000 Mistakenly Sent To Him Now In Trouble - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Man Who Returned N600,000 Mistakenly Sent To Him Now In Trouble (68345 Views)

Lady Blocks Her Helper After He Mistakenly Sent N30k To Her Instead Of N3k (pix) / Nigerian Woman Returns N38m Chinese Company Mistakenly Sent To Her Bank Account / Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Who Returned N600,000 Mistakenly Sent To Him Now In Trouble by TOPCRUISE(m): 2:38pm On Oct 06, 2018
Ogochukwu onaeze is broke. He wants to make business out of the good deeds of Mide. Asides that, Mide the good Samaritan is not one of his people.
Re: Man Who Returned N600,000 Mistakenly Sent To Him Now In Trouble by Nathan2016: 2:39pm On Oct 06, 2018
Uyi168:
None of these would have happened if he had jejely pocketed the money...

How can you think like that..

Any living person with brains knowa the bank willl find out and reverse the money.

1 Like

Re: Man Who Returned N600,000 Mistakenly Sent To Him Now In Trouble by Oreofepeters: 2:39pm On Oct 06, 2018
sayisayi:

Press t shirts ooo...I go buy 10
what do yo mean?
Re: Man Who Returned N600,000 Mistakenly Sent To Him Now In Trouble by LegalOpinion: 2:40pm On Oct 06, 2018
The guy is a Yahoo boy. They are always scared of such exposure.
Re: Man Who Returned N600,000 Mistakenly Sent To Him Now In Trouble by Equation89(m): 2:44pm On Oct 06, 2018
mezarddinny:
through Acc number, they can get his data and they can use it for malicious purposes

Oga as long as his BVN was not posted or his PIN detail was not posted, nobody will manipulate his account.

Beside he didn't post it immediately he refunded....he posted it on the course of establishing contact of the person that transferred the money.

He don't know the person that transferred the money to him so he feels that posting the persons name on social media will connect him with the person that transferred the money.

Let's read and understand before commenting
Re: Man Who Returned N600,000 Mistakenly Sent To Him Now In Trouble by Premiumwriter: 2:44pm On Oct 06, 2018
mezarddinny:
through Acc number, they can get his data and they can use it for malicious purposes
the only thing one can get through Acc no is acc name and that's if you want to initiate a transfer into the account. Nothing more.

If account no and name aren't perfectly safe, banks would have made it a lot harder for people to get them.

You can easily generate any ten digit random number and get the name of the person and the bank.

Acc no and name poses no real threat. Well the phone number might be used by scammers and spammers but nothing Truecaller cannot solve
Re: Man Who Returned N600,000 Mistakenly Sent To Him Now In Trouble by Nobody: 2:46pm On Oct 06, 2018
So many ungrateful bastards in this world, he is lucky he met some1 very kind hearted otherwise ehn....
Re: Man Who Returned N600,000 Mistakenly Sent To Him Now In Trouble by chosenwan1(m): 2:47pm On Oct 06, 2018
We have to stop this nonsense of sharing everything with the world. The internet never forgets, some would learn the hard way
Re: Man Who Returned N600,000 Mistakenly Sent To Him Now In Trouble by idris4eva(m): 2:58pm On Oct 06, 2018
falcon01:
Good for him serves him right.
Must he post it on social media?? Is it by force? If you want to return the money return it if you want to hold it hold it. Am 100% sure he returned it because he knows he will be traced and caught so he used the opportunity to gain popularity as a good samaritan mcheeew 600k no be beans.
Trace and caught where?
I mistakenly sent 70k to a uba account I traced the name and found out he stays in Enugu made complaint with my bank up till now they didn't find any solution nor the fellow was traced.

1 Like

Re: Man Who Returned N600,000 Mistakenly Sent To Him Now In Trouble by falcon01: 2:59pm On Oct 06, 2018
idris4eva:
Trace and caught where?
I mistakenly sent 70k to a uba account I traced the name and found out he stays in Enugu made complaint with my bank up till now they didn't find any solution nor the fellow was traced.
you did not put effort besides maybe if you calculate the money for transport the stress and everything it's almost up too that amount.
Re: Man Who Returned N600,000 Mistakenly Sent To Him Now In Trouble by idris4eva(m): 3:01pm On Oct 06, 2018
falcon01:
you did not put effort besides maybe if you calculate the money for transport the stress and everything it's almost up too that amount.
I made effort chat the guy up on Facebook he didn't reply. It was later the bank said he had withdraw the money and there is nothing they can do about that. Even requested his number they didn't give me. Till this moment nothing had been done
Re: Man Who Returned N600,000 Mistakenly Sent To Him Now In Trouble by 9ja083: 3:08pm On Oct 06, 2018
Fukafuka:
grin

the picture of the two Most corrupt ppl in the world.
APC ppl are aware of it
Re: Man Who Returned N600,000 Mistakenly Sent To Him Now In Trouble by mbodea(m): 3:17pm On Oct 06, 2018
Must we know you are returning the money..it should be worked out between u and the banks that did the transaction not with the whole Nigerians. Lets just know how to do things. It is God that will bless u not the public.
Re: Man Who Returned N600,000 Mistakenly Sent To Him Now In Trouble by cloudgroup(m): 3:19pm On Oct 06, 2018
[color=#990000][/color] I would like the guy even sue him to court. must everything be brought to social media for cheap fame and trending. fvck dam attention seekers.
Re: Man Who Returned N600,000 Mistakenly Sent To Him Now In Trouble by efechris(m): 3:23pm On Oct 06, 2018
HsLBroker:
Some people are just simply problematic

Problematic, how?
Do u know only d pics of the man's wife he attached to his post puts the man and his family in big danger. Everybody wan trend for internet nai b this. He better look for a way to take down his dirty post simple
Re: Man Who Returned N600,000 Mistakenly Sent To Him Now In Trouble by Nobody: 3:25pm On Oct 06, 2018
I just realise few days that people doesn't worth ur sacrifice include our friends they are just insatiable like women
Wetin that good samaritan do wrong that the stupid idiot ungrateful fellower of Ingrate disciples wan sue hi
Aye Le O
Re: Man Who Returned N600,000 Mistakenly Sent To Him Now In Trouble by smokeyupu(m): 3:28pm On Oct 06, 2018
The guy's lucky his money went to a good place that's why him still make noise. Oga you no try at all
Re: Man Who Returned N600,000 Mistakenly Sent To Him Now In Trouble by Tijay90(m): 3:29pm On Oct 06, 2018
Lemme be honest with you... I wouldn't have returned the money.
Re: Man Who Returned N600,000 Mistakenly Sent To Him Now In Trouble by emperorblog(m): 3:35pm On Oct 06, 2018
d sender should arrange,bois to beat,d man
what nonsense
Re: Man Who Returned N600,000 Mistakenly Sent To Him Now In Trouble by victme1(m): 4:06pm On Oct 06, 2018
NIGHTMAREOO7:
angry
U returned money now run to social media to post it.

U are an idiot!!.
Don't u know u are putting the man at risk?
Foolish boy
c
N600k might be like N6k to him, but he should stop acting "holier than thou ". If he feels his account has been exposed, then he should open a new one na, than making people feel bad for doing good.

For the person that return the money he made a mistake out of his anxious excitement in revealing the account. (He must have learnt his mistake).

Thus ... The man who got his money back should apologise.

1 Like

Re: Man Who Returned N600,000 Mistakenly Sent To Him Now In Trouble by poseidon12: 4:08pm On Oct 06, 2018
Oreofepeters:
in Nigeria if you wanna do good, you gotta think twice....

Not true. People generally appreciate good deeds. Do you think it was necessary for the good Samaritan to go on social media and display the conversation he had with the man's wife, displaying the picture of the wife and daughter? And without their permission. What was his reason?
If he did not return the money, it would amount to stealing and he will be traced and arrested.
Re: Man Who Returned N600,000 Mistakenly Sent To Him Now In Trouble by poseidon12: 4:09pm On Oct 06, 2018
jesmond3945:
The person that returned the money is stupid for posting it on social media.

Exactly. Don't mind these ignorant ones supporting him.
Re: Man Who Returned N600,000 Mistakenly Sent To Him Now In Trouble by poseidon12: 4:10pm On Oct 06, 2018
Uyi168:
None of these would have happened if he had jejely pocketed the money...

And you think he will not be caught and jailed for stealing?
Re: Man Who Returned N600,000 Mistakenly Sent To Him Now In Trouble by dayoyak: 4:17pm On Oct 06, 2018
It's Good to be good, but when you are too good, you have to be careful.
Re: Man Who Returned N600,000 Mistakenly Sent To Him Now In Trouble by poseidon12: 4:18pm On Oct 06, 2018
NOC1:

Did you in any way read the write up, you just jump out from your... and picked up your gadget to type trash. If you read and follow up the communication as posted in the context you will understand that the helper was reaching out to people bearing same name on facebook so as to establish the owner of the money and return it, however he never posted the guys phone number neither did he post his picture or family details. My friend it is so embarrassing and unimportant for the man to call him out. This is why good men play deaf and dumb when they are needed.

I am assuming the good Samaritan deposited cash. When you deposit cash, you are required to write your name and phone number on the teller form. The good Samaritan should have just contacted his bank to report the mistake. The bank would have contacted the depositor. No need to run to social media.

1 Like

Re: Man Who Returned N600,000 Mistakenly Sent To Him Now In Trouble by poseidon12: 4:23pm On Oct 06, 2018
Moukandjo:
The gorilla descendants are eternally ingrates! I don experience am a lot of times before! The guy should learn!

Lazy man. You don't have to be envious. You can work hard and be successful like them instead of touting around.

1 Like

Re: Man Who Returned N600,000 Mistakenly Sent To Him Now In Trouble by poseidon12: 4:25pm On Oct 06, 2018
OlaAshawo:
useless boy
if na me I'll just use it to buy luno bitcoin and from there I'll be selling it for PayPal and payoneer Hehehehehehe
since i have payoneer card I'll be withdrawing with my card peacefully cheesy

And that would make you a thief. I guess you think you can not be traced through your bank.
Re: Man Who Returned N600,000 Mistakenly Sent To Him Now In Trouble by poseidon12: 4:29pm On Oct 06, 2018
mezarddinny:
the tailor is an idiot, he wanted people to praise him

to the deludeds saying naija this and that, if it were america, the tailor may end up paying more money

Don't mind the ignorant people over here with zero morals. In the US, people who pick up and keep cash that fell off bullion vans are prosecuted and jailed.
Re: Man Who Returned N600,000 Mistakenly Sent To Him Now In Trouble by iphanyi10(m): 4:54pm On Oct 06, 2018
was reading the post and at no point did the "rich man" appreciate the kind gesture of the said mide. maybe he had done that earlier who knows..but if he has not, he is an ingrate.

saying he would have used other means to retrieve his money further proves my point.

Mide on his part didn't have to tell the world..people do stuffs like this everyday.

or is it not normal to return what is not yours again?

now see where it has landed him.u
Re: Man Who Returned N600,000 Mistakenly Sent To Him Now In Trouble by ganie(m): 5:11pm On Oct 06, 2018
In as much as I condemn tribalism,I must say this is so common of the Igbos. Most of them don't ever appreciate any good gesture meted onto them,this is not a mere say because I have lived with them for over 20years of my life. When you do something good to them,they wont see you the next day or some other time to make mention i.e by appreciating of your act of kindness.
Re: Man Who Returned N600,000 Mistakenly Sent To Him Now In Trouble by momove4real25(f): 5:17pm On Oct 06, 2018
tamethem:

If you had studied law, you would have wasted your parents money. Your judgement is poor.

Nothing stops me from spending the money in my account only me can stop me. If the guy wan spend the money E fit spend am and nothing will happen. We will go and proof it in a court of law if I entered his account and bring out money if I hacked his account or used juju on him.

What if I have asked a friend or an uncle to help me with money and He said " I will instruct a friend of mine to send it to you" and after we discussed one stupid fellow mistakenly transferred the same amount to my account. You think I don't have a genuine case?

All I need to do is to just organise witnesses who would claim I discussed with them and they promised to help with the fund.

My guy I will stand on the fact that I have spent it and I can't refund it until next year when what I used it for will yield. Nothing will happen. He will have to wait till next year to get it.

A lawyer doesn't have to be smart to win the case.

The guy that owns the money is being ungrateful, is he the only one answering that name? Go on facebook and type both your first and last name and see hundreds of ppl bearing the same name.

I was at the VFS Lagos lately and the lady attending to a guy beside me asked him if he had applied before and the guy said No. And the lady told him that someone bearing the same name with him, including the middle name has applied for visa recently. The first, middle and last name the same with the guys name.

If I were the guy I will tell him to go ahead and sue me.

Nonsense
God bless u
Re: Man Who Returned N600,000 Mistakenly Sent To Him Now In Trouble by iphanyi10(m): 5:22pm On Oct 06, 2018
ganie:
In as much as I condemn tribalism,I must say this is so common of the Igbos. Most of them don't ever appreciate any good gesture meted onto them,this is not a mere say because I have lived with them for over 20years of my life. When you do something good to them,they wont see you the next day or some other time to make mention i.e by appreciating of your act of kindness.

you can make your point without bringing tribalism into it.

we are first of all humans before anything else. quite alright the man was ungrateful which isnt just peculiar to any tribe.

but he also made a salient point which is very true and you cant blame him for being security conscious.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Obi Cubana Shows Off His Elder Brothers (Video, Pictures) / People Wearing White Take Over Ikeja, Shops Locked, Streets Deserted (Photo) / Cameroonian Woman Mobbed For Stealing, Receives Items, Cash To Start A Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.