Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,155 members, 7,815,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

Man Who Returned N600,000 Mistakenly Sent To Him Now In Trouble - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Man Who Returned N600,000 Mistakenly Sent To Him Now In Trouble (68343 Views)

Lady Blocks Her Helper After He Mistakenly Sent N30k To Her Instead Of N3k (pix) / Nigerian Woman Returns N38m Chinese Company Mistakenly Sent To Her Bank Account / Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Who Returned N600,000 Mistakenly Sent To Him Now In Trouble by Myself2(m): 6:06pm On Oct 06, 2018
Olalan:
The man is just plainly stupid to threaten him if anything goes wrong with him or his family, who know am before, guess he's feeling like a superstar cause people now know he has more than 600k in his possession.
BTW as much as it is wrong for the returnee to make his details public there are better mature and sensible ways to approach him to take the information down from the public domain

Una never hear story,
Last year, while somewhere in Delta state attending to my dad's burial, someone mistakenly transferrd 200k into my account, not quite 2 hours later, I got a call from my account officer that I should kindly reverse the transfer, I told him I'd noted it, but that I was in Delta and wasnt due back in Lagos until like 4 days time and also the said account is not app or ATM enabled and come to think of it, I was mourning and burying my dad so I was in no mood to bend over backwards and stress myself just to correct the mistake of another person, so I requested for the account details I should reverse the funds to.
5 days later, I was back in Lagos and was at the bank to do some multiple FT transactions for my business and use the opportunity to reverse the other guys 200k, lo and behold, I discovered they had put a restriction on my account. I was livid with rage,evrybody came out, the idiotic account officer hear am for my hand that day, infact na me use my hand call their HQ and I raised so much hell to last the branch 10 years, I mean how dare you put a restriction on an account because some idiot decided to pollute the account with a wrong credit of an amount that is less than two % of the account balance.Dem dey mad.
After dem beg me tire, I tell dem say that money I no go reverse am again say na court we go settle the matter, but well I gast calm down after the fools that put the restriction lifted it unconditionally

4 Likes

Re: Man Who Returned N600,000 Mistakenly Sent To Him Now In Trouble by 3verblazing(m): 6:41pm On Oct 06, 2018
The guys hands are probably not clean... That's why he's worried about his safety
Re: Man Who Returned N600,000 Mistakenly Sent To Him Now In Trouble by cooluc(f): 6:42pm On Oct 06, 2018
He did well, but he missed it, the moment he made it public, I won't fault the man, he is simply scared, like he said, he would have preferred he didn't return to this public exposure. It's well. People should learn that social media isn't just their backyard.
Re: Man Who Returned N600,000 Mistakenly Sent To Him Now In Trouble by Originalsly: 7:17pm On Oct 06, 2018
Hmmm.....if it had to be posted on social media...... isn't it the owner of the money supposed to post it? The guy is no different from people who post themselves giving something to the homeless. Why post the guy's wife and daughter's pix?...and still be posting? He's asking for a beat down.
Re: Man Who Returned N600,000 Mistakenly Sent To Him Now In Trouble by ComedianzazaB(m): 7:56pm On Oct 06, 2018
Is Good to be Good

Re: Man Who Returned N600,000 Mistakenly Sent To Him Now In Trouble by drejr(m): 8:08pm On Oct 06, 2018
Some pple just cant chew thier food and swallow ,y must u post ur deeds on social media if not dat u seek attention ,i dont in anyway blame the guy that owns the cash ...to me ure a talkative and u need to learn how to act in stealth mode
Re: Man Who Returned N600,000 Mistakenly Sent To Him Now In Trouble by Nobody: 8:13pm On Oct 06, 2018
einsteine:

By the time you are thoroughly beaten, you will find a way to quickly refund it.

My guy stop reasoning like a babe.

Beaten by who?

Which court says I am not entitled to the money I found in my account. When I was opening the account was there an agreement not to spend money in my account between me and the bank?

Did you sign anything like that for any of your accounts. Or the Bank told you "One day we might make a mistake posting money that is not your own in your account, make sure you don't spend it o" and then you signed.

The settling will only be amicable. "When do you think you can refund the money mistakenly put in your account " ?

Answer:

"Next year June, that time the business i used it for must have yielded returns" Shinekah

I am not the originator of the mistake he made .

Next Time you open both your mind and eyes wide before sending money.

Hear this story

one day I didn't use my ATM card I entered the bank to withdraw. I filled form for 10k and I was given the money, usually I don't count again because they normally use the counting machine. so I put the money in my pocket and left . After about twenty minutes a call came in from the lady at the counter "Hello sir Mr...... I gave you 20k instead of 10k, I knowbyou didn't count it when you received it pls Sir, count it." And I promised her if it is so I will bring it when Im coming back towards towards the bank. I was far away in a Taxi, so I brought out the money and counted and it was 20k. I later took the 10k back and the lady said if I had denied it she would need to refund it because it was no ones fault but hers.

I could have said "I'm sorry I counted it , I saw 10k " but my upbringing won't allow me ( The fear of God)

That guy was only a nice guy and the foolish guy threatening him is just an ungrateful fool
Re: Man Who Returned N600,000 Mistakenly Sent To Him Now In Trouble by Nobody: 8:18pm On Oct 06, 2018
Myself2:

Una never hear story,
Last year, while somewhere in Delta state attending to my dad's burial, someone mistakenly transferrd 200k into my account, not quite 2 hours later, I got a call from my account officer that I should kindly reverse the transfer, I told him I'd noted it, but that I was in Delta and wasnt due back in Lagos until like 4 days time and also the said account is not app or ATM enabled and come to think of it, I was mourning and burying my dad so I was in no mood to bend over backwards and stress myself just to correct the mistake of another person, so I requested for the account details I should reverse the funds to.
5 days later, I was back in Lagos and was at the bank to do some multiple FT transactions for my business and use the opportunity to reverse the other guys 200k, lo and behold, I discovered they had put a restriction on my account. I was livid with rage,evrybody came out, the idiotic account officer hear am for my hand that day, infact na me use my hand call their HQ and I raised so much hell to last the branch 10 years, I mean how dare you put a restriction on an account because some idiot decided to pollute the account with a wrong credit of an amount that is less than two % of the account balance.Dem dey mad.
After dem beg me tire, I tel,l dem say that money Ii no go reverse am and na court we go settle the matter, but well Ii gast calm down after the fulls that put the restriction lifted it unconditionally

God bless you. who's fault?
Re: Man Who Returned N600,000 Mistakenly Sent To Him Now In Trouble by mansoura(f): 9:51pm On Oct 06, 2018
Some humans are terrible!
Re: Man Who Returned N600,000 Mistakenly Sent To Him Now In Trouble by package7(m): 10:23pm On Oct 06, 2018
Mark of 666 is all over.

If you ask me, na who I go ask. The matter wey we dey so
Re: Man Who Returned N600,000 Mistakenly Sent To Him Now In Trouble by Goalnaldo(m): 10:26pm On Oct 06, 2018
I suspect that the man purposely sent him the money hoping that the guy will spend it so that he will enter gobe but since he returned it ,he was looking for another way..

Re: Man Who Returned N600,000 Mistakenly Sent To Him Now In Trouble by newdawn2017(f): 10:30pm On Oct 06, 2018
nedu2000:
The Op wanted the praises of men that is why he made it public. Serves him right
U re right, servers him right. undecided
Re: Man Who Returned N600,000 Mistakenly Sent To Him Now In Trouble by newdawn2017(f): 10:50pm On Oct 06, 2018
poseidon12:

Not true. People generally appreciate good deeds. Do you think it was necessary for the good Samaritan to go on social media and display the conversation he had with the man's wife, displaying the picture of the wife and daughter? And without their permission. What was his reason?
If he did not return the money, it would amount to stealing and he will be traced and arrested.
ste gini? Odiegwu, odiegwu! undecided do u think dis is America? Or Europe?
Re: Man Who Returned N600,000 Mistakenly Sent To Him Now In Trouble by newdawn2017(f): 10:54pm On Oct 06, 2018
poseidon12:

And that would make you a thief. I guess you think you can not be traced through your bank.
How is it stealing pls?
Re: Man Who Returned N600,000 Mistakenly Sent To Him Now In Trouble by newdawn2017(f): 10:55pm On Oct 06, 2018
poseidon12:

Don't mind the ignorant people over here with zero morals. In the US, people who pick up and keep cash that fell off bullion vans are prosecuted and jailed.
well my dear, dis isn't America or Europe.
Re: Man Who Returned N600,000 Mistakenly Sent To Him Now In Trouble by newdawn2017(f): 11:00pm On Oct 06, 2018
momove4real25:
God bless u
Amen!
Re: Man Who Returned N600,000 Mistakenly Sent To Him Now In Trouble by Codyt(m): 12:04am On Oct 07, 2018
falcon01:
Good for him serves him right.
Must he post it on social media?? Is it by force? If you want to return the money return it if you want to hold it hold it. Am 100% sure he returned it because he knows he will be traced and caught so he used the opportunity to gain popularity as a good samaritan mcheeew 600k no be beans.
You need to change your mindset.
You're an adult, think like one.
Re: Man Who Returned N600,000 Mistakenly Sent To Him Now In Trouble by poseidon12: 12:20am On Oct 07, 2018
Myself2:

Una never hear story,
After dem beg me tire, I tel,l dem say that money Ii no go reverse am and na court we go settle the matter, but well Ii gast calm down after the fulls that put the restriction lifted it unconditionally

I think it was inconsiderate of them to restrict your account after your explanation about your circumstance. They should have given you some reasonable time.
However, you should understand that you have no choice than to reverse the transfer or else you will be guilty of stealing and can be jailed. Nigerians need to understand this. If the money is not yours, then you have no right to keep it.
Re: Man Who Returned N600,000 Mistakenly Sent To Him Now In Trouble by poseidon12: 12:26am On Oct 07, 2018
tamethem:

My guy stop reasoning like a babe.

Beaten by who?

Which court says I am not entitled to the money I found in my account. When I was opening the account was there an agreement not to spend money in my account between me and the bank?

Did you sign anything like that for any of your accounts. Or the Bank told you "One day we might make a mistake posting money that is not your own in your account, make sure you don't spend it o" and then you signed.

The settling will only be amicable. "When do you think you can refund the money mistakenly put in your account " ?

Answer:

"Next year June, that time the business i used it for must have yielded returns" Shinekah

I am not the originator of the mistake he made .

Next Time you open both your mind and eyes wide before sending money.

Hear this story

one day I didn't use my ATM card I entered the bank to withdraw. I filled form for 10k and I was given the money, usually I don't count again because they normally use the counting machine. so I put the money in my pocket and left . After about twenty minutes a call came in from the lady at the counter "Hello sir Mr...... I gave you 20k instead of 10k, I knowbyou didn't count it when you received it pls Sir, count it." And I promised her if it is so I will bring it when Im coming back towards towards the bank. I was far away in a Taxi, so I brought out the money and counted and it was 20k. I later took the 10k back and the lady said if I had denied it she would need to refund it because it was no ones fault but hers.

I could have said "I'm sorry I counted it , I saw 10k " but my upbringing won't allow me ( The fear of God)

That guy was only a nice guy and the foolish guy threatening him is just an ungrateful fool

The story you narrated is a little different. If someone deposits money mistakenly into your account, you can not deny that the deposit was done. If you don't return the money, it's stealing.
Re: Man Who Returned N600,000 Mistakenly Sent To Him Now In Trouble by poseidon12: 12:31am On Oct 07, 2018
newdawn2017:
ste gini? Odiegwu, odiegwu! undecided do u think dis is America? Or Europe?

Don't worry. Any day your bank mistakenly credits your account, go ahead and spend it. And you will be paying back or spending time behind bars.
Re: Man Who Returned N600,000 Mistakenly Sent To Him Now In Trouble by newdawn2017(f): 12:35am On Oct 07, 2018
poseidon12:

Don't worry. Any day your bank mistakenly credits your account, go ahead and spend it. And you will be paying back or spending time behind bars.
ok let me see then.
Re: Man Who Returned N600,000 Mistakenly Sent To Him Now In Trouble by poseidon12: 12:36am On Oct 07, 2018
newdawn2017:
How is it stealing pls?

I guess you will need to test this situation in court. If your bank credits you mistakenly, go ahead and spend the money and refuse to pay back. Then you will understand how keeping someone else's money is stealing.
Re: Man Who Returned N600,000 Mistakenly Sent To Him Now In Trouble by poseidon12: 12:42am On Oct 07, 2018
Equation89:

Oga as long as his BVN was not posted or his PIN detail was not posted, nobody will manipulate his account.

Beside he didn't post it immediately he refunded....he posted it on the course of establishing contact of the person that transferred the money.

He don't know the person that transferred the money to him so he feels that posting the persons name on social media will connect him with the person that transferred the money.

Let's read and understand before commenting

So how about the good Samaritan going to his bank to report the mistake. His bank would have contacted the man that made the transfer.
Re: Man Who Returned N600,000 Mistakenly Sent To Him Now In Trouble by poseidon12: 12:46am On Oct 07, 2018
idris4eva:
I made effort chat the guy up on Facebook he didn't reply. It was later the bank said he had withdraw the money and there is nothing they can do about that. Even requested his number they didn't give me. Till this moment nothing had been done

You should go to the Police. The guy stole your money.
Re: Man Who Returned N600,000 Mistakenly Sent To Him Now In Trouble by poseidon12: 12:48am On Oct 07, 2018
Iamtosignno:
I just realise few days that people doesn't worth ur sacrifice include our friends they are just insatiable like women
Wetin that good samaritan do wrong that the stupid idiot ungrateful fellower of Ingrate disciples wan sue hi
Aye Le O

Another knuckle head here.
Re: Man Who Returned N600,000 Mistakenly Sent To Him Now In Trouble by poseidon12: 12:49am On Oct 07, 2018
Tijay90:
Lemme be honest with you... I wouldn't have returned the money.

Of course you will, after being arrested.
Re: Man Who Returned N600,000 Mistakenly Sent To Him Now In Trouble by poseidon12: 12:53am On Oct 07, 2018
ganie:
In as much as I condemn tribalism,I must say this is so common of the Igbos. Most of them don't ever appreciate any good gesture meted onto them,this is not a mere say because I have lived with them for over 20years of my life. When you do something good to them,they wont see you the next day or some other time to make mention i.e by appreciating of your act of kindness.

You falsely claim that you condenm tribalism and then you delve into tribalism proper to insult Igbos. Lazy slowpoke.
Re: Man Who Returned N600,000 Mistakenly Sent To Him Now In Trouble by poseidon12: 12:55am On Oct 07, 2018
iphanyi10:

you can make your point without bringing tribalism into it.

we are first of all humans before anything else. quite alright the man was ungrateful which isnt just peculiar to any tribe.

but he also made a salient point which is very true and you cant blame him for being security conscious.

Don't mind the lazy fool.
Re: Man Who Returned N600,000 Mistakenly Sent To Him Now In Trouble by otikpoko(m): 1:34am On Oct 07, 2018
EmagNig:
A man identified as Mide who went viral few days ago for returning N600,000 that was mistakenly paid into his account, is now in trouble with the sender who claimed he exposed his identity to the public.

Mide has posted a screenshot of the conversation he had with the sender's wife and carefully blotting out the details of the sender.

But the sender is now threatening legal action despite the kind gesture showed by the man who refunded his money.

He wrote:

WHAT HAVE I DONE WRONG?
Here is the conversation between the owner of the 600k and myself. He is accusing me of revealing his details- phone number and account number which I carefully blotted out in the first picture that went viral.

The image showing on the chat is so invisible as to be connected to anybody dead or alive. I did inform the wife but there was no response from her. I still don’t regret my actions of refunding the money. How UNGRATEFUL a living being could be. I was going to let this saga die down but the fact that he’s threatening me with the law for doing the right thing.
What audacity!

https://lailasnews.com/man-in-trouble-for-returning-n600000-mistakenly-sent-to-him/

Na lesson person dey learn so.
Re: Man Who Returned N600,000 Mistakenly Sent To Him Now In Trouble by Nobody: 2:07am On Oct 07, 2018
poseidon12:

The story you narrated is a little different. If someone deposits money mistakenly into your account, you can not deny that the deposit was done. If you don't return the money, it's stealing.

Yes I know but the argument here is if per adventure I used it, no law locks me up, I will own up that it is true the money was lodged and because I was expecting about the same amount, I tot it was the money.

The worst is the court asks you when you will refund and you give them a convinent date.

It is criminal to put money that is not mine in my account as well. You dont tell me its a mistake. If mistake made you put money that is not mine in my account they you can't prove it mistake can't make me spend it too.
No one is above mistake. grin
Re: Man Who Returned N600,000 Mistakenly Sent To Him Now In Trouble by Tijay90(m): 2:45am On Oct 07, 2018
poseidon12:

Of course you will, after being arrested.
SHON SA! Wehdone mista policeman. We have seen you.
Re: Man Who Returned N600,000 Mistakenly Sent To Him Now In Trouble by icogb: 2:46am On Oct 07, 2018
lordpherow98:
Am I the only one not buying this daft script?
Nigga just wan trend

Abobi Don run international whatsapp begin play with himself
You aint alone.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Obi Cubana Shows Off His Elder Brothers (Video, Pictures) / People Wearing White Take Over Ikeja, Shops Locked, Streets Deserted (Photo) / Cameroonian Woman Mobbed For Stealing, Receives Items, Cash To Start A Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.