Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (119) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (865024 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Success2019: 7:20pm On Nov 27, 2018
LekwachiJJ:
Hello everyone..Pls pardon my long post. Finally my visa came out today after I submitted my passport on 18th September. I want to give the glory to God and thank everyone here especially those make very insightful contribution, the type that gingerred me to take some steps.

Mine is a strange one. Applied on 11th May. Biometrics on 23rd May. Medicals on 23rd August. Passport request on 18th September. And then everything came to a stand still for over 2 months. Within this period I submitted over 7 CSE webforms and wrote over 10 emails to Lagos VO but got maybe 2 responses. Meanwhile my online status remained at a confusing situation: eligibility review ongoing, meds passed, background check ongoing but application approved and passport requested. By October 18th I received a mail asking me to send in updated bank statement in a new format: bank statement request ticket plus password. My bank had not implemented this new format and so gabe me a cover letter to add to the normal statement. And then nothing again.

My last webform was responded to with the story that my application was in London. I wrote London last week and complained about the restriction of my movement for other personal and business travels outside of Canada with the continued with holding of my passport. London responded that my application has been approved since September and that they are aware my passport was dropped at VFS, can I go to VFS for "printing of your visa". So confusing! VFS does not print visas. Even then my many visits there revealed thar my passport was at the embassy.

Finally yesterday morning as I was driving to Anifowose instead of VFS as directed I got a call to attend an interview this morning. I was there by 6 am and by 8.30 I sat in front of an officer who told me my bank statements were not clear or legible. This is bery untrue as I scanned them myself. After barely looking through the updated statements I brought he asked me to wait for 10 minutes and in exactly 10 minutes my passport came out with my visa!

I applied to study MA Communication in UOttawa. My first degree ia in Pol Science, over 27 years ago. I had an MBA since 2001 and am a very mature appliacant. My SOI stated that after working in communication for over 2 decades I needed to retire to academics by studying in Canada and merging my long practical experience with serious academic scholarship for the benefit of my future students.

Document attached:
1. Acceptance letter and Statement of Intent
2. Dom account statement with over 100kUSD
3. TD acount statement with 40kCAD
4. Letter of employment, payslips
5. Travel history to Canada, US, UK, SA, etc
6. Scanned passport data page ( passport valid till 1st June 2019. So while waiting I applied for renewal and added the new passport via webform and email).

I did not add any property or evidence of family ties beyond what I filled in the family information form. Just the above.

Bottom line while waiting, I prayed and fasted like never before especially after I was told my application was in London.

My admission was deferred to Winter with the kind understanding of my faculty and I will be travelling by God's grace before new year. My testimony I did not lose faith in the power of God despite the odds against me as shown in many of the tesimonies and feedback in this forum especially about long gap from last degree

I pray everyone here will have a good story to tell and bery very soon in Jesus name. Amen.

Congrats. Amen

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Lenta(f): 7:24pm On Nov 27, 2018
Congratulations.
LekwachiJJ:
Hello everyone..Pls pardon my long post. Finally my visa came out today after I submitted my passport on 18th September. I want to give the glory to God and thank everyone here especially those make very insightful contribution, the type that gingerred me to take some steps.

Mine is a strange one. Applied on 11th May. Biometrics on 23rd May. Medicals on 23rd August. Passport request on 18th September. And then everything came to a stand still for over 2 months. Within this period I submitted over 7 CSE webforms and wrote over 10 emails to Lagos VO but got maybe 2 responses. Meanwhile my online status remained at a confusing situation: eligibility review ongoing, meds passed, background check ongoing but application approved and passport requested. By October 18th I received a mail asking me to send in updated bank statement in a new format: bank statement request ticket plus password. My bank had not implemented this new format and so gabe me a cover letter to add to the normal statement. And then nothing again.

My last webform was responded to with the story that my application was in London. I wrote London last week and complained about the restriction of my movement for other personal and business travels outside of Canada with the continued with holding of my passport. London responded that my application has been approved since September and that they are aware my passport was dropped at VFS, can I go to VFS for "printing of your visa". So confusing! VFS does not print visas. Even then my many visits there revealed thar my passport was at the embassy.

Finally yesterday morning as I was driving to Anifowose instead of VFS as directed I got a call to attend an interview this morning. I was there by 6 am and by 8.30 I sat in front of an officer who told me my bank statements were not clear or legible. This is bery untrue as I scanned them myself. After barely looking through the updated statements I brought he asked me to wait for 10 minutes and in exactly 10 minutes my passport came out with my visa!

I applied to study MA Communication in UOttawa. My first degree ia in Pol Science, over 27 years ago. I had an MBA since 2001 and am a very mature appliacant. My SOI stated that after working in communication for over 2 decades I needed to retire to academics by studying in Canada and merging my long practical experience with serious academic scholarship for the benefit of my future students.

Document attached:
6. Scanned passport data page ( passport valid till 1st June 2019. So while waiting I applied for renewal and added the new passport via webform and email).

I did not add any property or evidence of family ties beyond what I filled in the family information form. Just the above.

Bottom line while waiting, I prayed and fasted like never before especially after I was told my application was in London.

My admission was deferred to Winter with the kind understanding of my faculty and I will be travelling by God's grace before new year. My testimony I did not lose faith in the power of God despite the odds against me as shown in many of the tesimonies and feedback in this forum especially about long gap from last degree

I pray everyone here will have a good story to tell and bery very soon in Jesus name. Amen.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Ezriela: 7:27pm On Nov 27, 2018
Congrats to you sir/madam. God is indeed faithful, i am happy to hear it ended in praise
LekwachiJJ:

Document attached:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Ormohlawlah: 7:32pm On Nov 27, 2018
LekwachiJJ:

Document attached:

This your timeline is making my faith so strong right now
I'm so happy you finally got an approval after waiting this long
Congrats

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by litterbug(f): 7:33pm On Nov 27, 2018
Amen.... Congratulations

LekwachiJJ:

Document attached:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Lagos2canna: 7:46pm On Nov 27, 2018
LekwachiJJ:

Document attached:

Congratulations dear .........with your experience Lagos delay the stamping of your passport after approval from London........who could be responsible for the delay on May, June and July applicants ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Jummy902(f): 7:47pm On Nov 27, 2018
LekwachiJJ:

Document attached:

Congrats to you. Amen
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sashaa(f): 7:58pm On Nov 27, 2018
Austacus:

If you're enrolled at a designated learning institution
Your work permit will be recommended as YES in your letter of admission

Check your letter of admission you will see it.

If you qualify, your study permit will allow you to:

work up to 20 hours per week during regular academic sessions and
work full-time during scheduled breaks, such as the winter and summer holidays or spring break.

Please gurus,
Where can i find a confirmation on the bolded ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 7:59pm On Nov 27, 2018
@Lekwachijj God that showed up for you in your moment of glory in history will show up for us.
I congratulate you today!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sashaa(f): 8:00pm On Nov 27, 2018
Thanks for your response. I just got a mail notification from WES. They have received it
alftdbts:

Sorry about your package inbox me, lemme explain something to you. Cus WES talk is out of context here.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 8:34pm On Nov 27, 2018
Hope this people won't start asking for updated SOA from us cos I don't have that energy...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Alinkoo(m): 8:43pm On Nov 27, 2018
Today makes my Paper Route application the 7th week.

Submitted on the 9th of Oct at Abuja.

Biometric Validity received on the 19th of Nov.

Till date no Medical mail yet.

School resumes 7th of January.

God I am believing in you and also praying for everyone here for MIRACLE to happen oooo...

Congrats to you @LekwachiJJ

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 8:47pm On Nov 27, 2018
Congrats Bro. Since my time on this thread, this is the first time I will see an applicant going for an Interview cos I actually Thought all this while that Canada do not conduct interviews. Congrats once again bro, go and represent us well in Canny. Peace
LekwachiJJ:

Document attached:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by mightyola: 9:00pm On Nov 27, 2018
Paper route ..7th week. You will hear from them soon. It will end with praise.

Alinkoo:

Submitted on the 9th of Oct.

God I am believing in you and also praying for everyone here for MIRACLE to happen oooo...

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nonso16(m): 9:02pm On Nov 27, 2018
Congrats @LekwachiJJ , God will see all of us through.

Good day house, Please whats the contact mail to send to Canada embassy in Kenya ,Nairobi or can anyone still provide a mail where i can lay my complaints. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by mightyola: 9:02pm On Nov 27, 2018
Congrats.. A very interesting read!!

LekwachiJJ:

Document attached:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by blessedness(f): 9:28pm On Nov 27, 2018
Hello dear friends! Please help me out, I have been trying to send message to cic through webform but its not going. After filling all the details, I clicked next button but it looks to me like it's hanging or something. Please has anyone experienced this?? Thanks!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Folarinland(m): 9:30pm On Nov 27, 2018
I want to study in Canada next year, how do I apply?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Ormohlawlah: 9:35pm On Nov 27, 2018
Folarinland:
I want to study in Canada next year, how do I apply?
Undergrad or grad degree?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Kendrick213: 9:36pm On Nov 27, 2018
Congratulations, God really showed up for you. Chai I need a miracle ooo...
LekwachiJJ:

Document attached:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by rachaelD(f): 9:37pm On Nov 27, 2018
litterbug:
Congrats...God that did yours will do for us too...Amen

Amen
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Folarinland(m): 9:43pm On Nov 27, 2018
Ormohlawlah:
Undergrad or grad degree?

Grad degree
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Ormohlawlah: 10:05pm On Nov 27, 2018
Folarinland:

Grad degree
Search google for universities in Canada
Check if they offer your program
Check tuition and other fees,compare it with your budget
Remember you need about 2.9m naira for living expenses for one year (minus tuition)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Snillous(m): 10:07pm On Nov 27, 2018
Lagos2canna:

Congratulations dear .........with your experience Lagos delay the stamping of your passport after approval from London........who could be responsible for the delay on May, June and July applicants ?

Good question. I am July applicant. My bank has already called me on Aug 7th told me Canada embassy contacted the bank regarding my statement of account and bank proof my statement of account is genuine and ever since then I heard nothing frm Canada consulate. My application still on process till the event passed. I don't still know whether they wil still grant or not despite the event that has passed. Am to attend the event frm Nov 9th to Nov 11th. Well I will keep on praying
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Lagos2canna: 10:26pm On Nov 27, 2018
Snillous:

Good question. I am July applicant. My bank has already called me on Aug 7th told me Canada embassy contacted the bank regarding my statement of account and bank proof my statement of account is genuine and ever since then I heard nothing frm Canada consulate. My application still on process till the event passed. I don't still know whether they wil still grant or not despite the event that has passed. Am to attend the event frm Nov 9th to Nov 11th. Well I will keep on praying

Boss your app is visit which is different from study permit, what's your plan now since the event has passed? What will be the content of your mail to cic? It is well

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 10:29pm On Nov 27, 2018
Had your eligibility review and background check began?
Alinkoo:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 10:37pm On Nov 27, 2018
Where did you apply? Abuja or Lagos?
Alinkoo:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Alinkoo(m): 10:52pm On Nov 27, 2018
mightyola:
Paper route ..7th week. You will hear from them soon. It will end with praise.

Amen ooooo... Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Alinkoo(m): 10:53pm On Nov 27, 2018
Adebayo2296:
Where did you apply? Abuja or Lagos?

Abuja...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Alinkoo(m): 10:56pm On Nov 27, 2018
Nonso16:
Congrats @LekwachiJJ , God will see all of us through.

Good day house, Please whats the contact mail to send to Canada embassy in Kenya ,Nairobi or can anyone still provide a mail where i can lay my complaints. Thanks

nrobi@international.gc.ca

Or

nairobi@international.gc.ca
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bleuocean: 11:10pm On Nov 27, 2018
Hello ALL,

My sister was denied visa today with only one reason that they are not satisfied she will return back after studies.

Please what is the solution to this because she wants to reapply. What can she do better?

Your idea or response will be appreciated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Tnablack(f): 11:11pm On Nov 27, 2018
No.

Prime Medicals is no longer one of the eligible hospitals for medical.

Joiza:
Hi guys, does anyone know if Prime medical consultants in portharcourt still does CIC mediacls?
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (546)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.