Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (120) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (864987 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Folarinland(m): 11:11pm On Nov 27, 2018
Ormohlawlah:

Search google for universities in Canada
Check if they offer your program
Check tuition and other fees,compare it with your budget
Remember you need about 2.9m naira for living expenses for one year (minus tuition)

I need to pay 100 dollars for my application verified? how true is that?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Alinkoo(m): 11:13pm On Nov 27, 2018
Been thinking since but Lekwachi's ordeal just proved to me that our passport is being stamped at Lagos office waiting on instruction from any of the embassies around the world. Our passport doesn't leave the shores of 9ja. Only photocopies of our passports and documents are sent abroad. That's why if you do a Paper Route submission, they will tell u not to submit originals except ones addressed to them because you won't be getting them again.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sopho: 11:22pm On Nov 27, 2018
Good day house . I know it’s feels so hurting and heartbreaking to say. My application was made since July, Medicals done and passed , Documents were also upoaded and submitted by the Education Agency that handled my application. My sponsor SOA contained over 100MILLION Naira at the time it was submitted. Today I got a mail that has devasted me after waiting patiently for months since July.
I feel so down and heartbroken house . Please I need someone to tell me how to go about this and what to do as as I am demoralized. What is the next step. What do I do should I re-apply through the same education Agency. Or should I apply for Refund of the part of the Tuition fee Which I had paid the the school through my bank.
Please all the Guru’s in the house come to my rescue as am really feeling so down and fruestrated right now . Please tell me what to do . I need your advise and opinion please house.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Toobie: 11:31pm On Nov 27, 2018
Austacus:

If you're enrolled at a designated learning institution
Your work permit will be recommended as YES in your letter of admission

Check your letter of admission you will see it.

If you qualify, your study permit will allow you to:

work up to 20 hours per week during regular academic sessions and
work full-time during scheduled breaks, such as the winter and summer holidays or spring break.

What if sponsors are not parent. And the sponsor isn't bearing the same surname what can one do .Thanks in Anticipation
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Ayok90: 11:35pm On Nov 27, 2018
Bleuocean:
Hello ALL,

My sister was denied visa today with only one reason that they are not satisfied she will return back after studies.

Please what is the solution to this because she wants to reapply. What can she do better?

Your idea or response will be appreciated.

Sorry for d denial
Pls was it online or paper route
When did she apply?
Pls share her timeline so that gurus in the auz can do justice

Once again, so sorry for the refusal
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by blaugrana82(m): 11:48pm On Nov 27, 2018
I understand though
Kendrick213:
I sent them my new LOA through webform and via email even without their request that was in September. But is the medical that I'm skeptical to do because of cost implication , what if they just wanna be plain assholes after I spent money flying to Abj and back plus hotel bill In case I didn't finish in time , a whole lot money to blow on this uncertainty in VOs attitude.
PS. If Ph clinic was still working I for just stroll
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sopho: 11:52pm On Nov 27, 2018
Good day house . I know it’s feels so hurting and heartbreaking to say. My application was made since July, Medicals done and passed , Documents were also upoaded and submitted by the Education Agency that handled my application. My sponsor SOA contained over 100MILLION Naira at the time it was submitted. Today I got a mail that has devasted me after waiting patiently for months since July via online route. I waited for more than 12weeks
I feel so down and heartbroken house . Please I need someone to tell me how to go about this and what to do as as I am demoralized. What is the next step. What do I do should I re-apply through the same education Agency. Or should I apply for Refund of the part of the Tuition fee Which I had paid the the school through my bank.
Please all the Guru’s in the house come to my rescue as am really feeling so down and fruestrated right now . Please tell me what to do . I need your advise and opinion please house.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 12:06am On Nov 28, 2018
Has your eligibility and background check review started.
Alinkoo:

Abuja...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Tnablack(f): 12:18am On Nov 28, 2018
Sad to hear this.

Do not relent. God is NOT done with you yet. Believe me your best is yet to come.

I will advice you share your timeline and handle your application by yourself this time, addressed the refusal concerns raised by the VO if you have got no time to order for your GCMS note and preferably go for paper route if you still want to meet up with Winter session.

Gurus here will share ideas and help you cross this red sea.

What date in July did you apply?

Tight hugs and all the best.

sopho:
Good day house . I know it’s feels so hurting and heartbreaking to say. My application was made since July, Medicals done and passed , Documents were also upoaded and submitted by the Education Agency that handled my application. My sponsor SOA contained over 100MILLION Naira at the time it was submitted. Today I got a mail that has devasted me after waiting patiently for months since July via online route. I waited for more than 12weeks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sopho: 12:26am On Nov 28, 2018
Please I have sent you a Pm please reply
Tnablack:
Sad to hear this.

Do not relent. God is NOT done with you yet. Believe me your best is yet to come.

I will advice you share your timeline and handle your application by yourself this time, addressed the refusal concerns raised by the VO if you have got no time to order for your GCMS note and preferably go for paper route if you still want to meet up with Winter session.

Gurus here will share ideas and help you cross this red sea.

What date in July did you apply?

Tight hugs and all the best.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by bbclue(f): 12:48am On Nov 28, 2018
sopho:

Sorry for the refusal.....order for your GCMS note immediately and send the school thr refusal letter for your refund through email.........just cool down to restratergized
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Famzyactivity: 1:03am On Nov 28, 2018
Sorry about your refusal. When did you apply? order your Gcms note and read the actual reasons for your refusal

sopho:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Tnablack(f): 1:20am On Nov 28, 2018
Responded.

sopho:
Please I have sent you a Pm please reply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sopho: 3:20am On Nov 28, 2018
Please kindly guide me through or enlighten me more on how to go about the GCMS NOTE and also how can I get my refund from the school because it’s the Education Agency that handles the Application. Will the school send the money directly to my account as the school feel was paid from my account then. Because am scared that the Education Agency might be funny and beginti to request for my Yuri toon refund without my knowledge somplease twll me what to do on this:
bbclue:

Sorry for the refusal.....order for your GCMS note immediately and send the school thr refusal letter for your refund through email.........just cool down to restratergized
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sopho: 3:24am On Nov 28, 2018
Please what is the process Involved in ordering for GCMS NOTE and how do I go about it.
Famzyactivity:
Sorry about your refusal. When did you apply? order your Gcms note and read the actual reasons for your refusal

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Demoore11: 4:57am On Nov 28, 2018
Congratulations my brother.
Your timeline is very inspiring especially for some of us with long study gap.

LekwachiJJ:
Hello everyone..Pls pardon my long post. Finally my visa came out today after I submitted my passport on 18th September. I want to give the glory to God and thank everyone here especially those make very insightful contribution, the type that gingerred me to take some steps.

Mine is a strange one. Applied on 11th May. Biometrics on 23rd May. Medicals on 23rd August. Passport request on 18th September. And then everything came to a stand still for over 2 months. Within this period I submitted over 7 CSE webforms and wrote over 10 emails to Lagos VO but got maybe 2 responses. Meanwhile my online status remained at a confusing situation: eligibility review ongoing, meds passed, background check ongoing but application approved and passport requested. By October 18th I received a mail asking me to send in updated bank statement in a new format: bank statement request ticket plus password. My bank had not implemented this new format and so gabe me a cover letter to add to the normal statement. And then nothing again.

My last webform was responded to with the story that my application was in London. I wrote London last week and complained about the restriction of my movement for other personal and business travels outside of Canada with the continued with holding of my passport. London responded that my application has been approved since September and that they are aware my passport was dropped at VFS, can I go to VFS for "printing of your visa". So confusing! VFS does not print visas. Even then my many visits there revealed thar my passport was at the embassy.

Finally yesterday morning as I was driving to Anifowose instead of VFS as directed I got a call to attend an interview this morning. I was there by 6 am and by 8.30 I sat in front of an officer who told me my bank statements were not clear or legible. This is bery untrue as I scanned them myself. After barely looking through the updated statements I brought he asked me to wait for 10 minutes and in exactly 10 minutes my passport came out with my visa!

I applied to study MA Communication in UOttawa. My first degree ia in Pol Science, over 27 years ago. I had an MBA since 2001 and am a very mature appliacant. My SOI stated that after working in communication for over 2 decades I needed to retire to academics by studying in Canada and merging my long practical experience with serious academic scholarship for the benefit of my future students.

Document attached:
1. Acceptance letter and Statement of Intent
2. Dom account statement with over 100kUSD
3. TD acount statement with 40kCAD
4. Letter of employment, payslips
5. Travel history to Canada, US, UK, SA, etc
6. Scanned passport data page ( passport valid till 1st June 2019. So while waiting I applied for renewal and added the new passport via webform and email).

I did not add any property or evidence of family ties beyond what I filled in the family information form. Just the above.

Bottom line while waiting, I prayed and fasted like never before especially after I was told my application was in London.

My admission was deferred to Winter with the kind understanding of my faculty and I will be travelling by God's grace before new year. My testimony I did not lose faith in the power of God despite the odds against me as shown in many of the tesimonies and feedback in this forum especially about long gap from last degree

I pray everyone here will have a good story to tell and bery very soon in Jesus name. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Lagos2canna: 5:12am On Nov 28, 2018
sopho:
Sorry for the delay, it is well, just order for your gcms note, where was your application processed? Don't refund your school fee, just defer your admission and apply again. What is the name of the educational agency?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Lagos2canna: 5:15am On Nov 28, 2018
sopho:
Please kindly guide me through or enlighten me more on how to go about the GCMS NOTE and also how can I get my refund from the school because it’s the Education Agency that handles the Application. Will the school send the money directly to my account as the school feel was paid from my account then. Because am scared that the Education Agency might be funny and beginti to request for my Yuri toon refund without my knowledge somplease twll me what to do on this:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/ type gcms note on Google if you don't have anyone in Canada to help you with the above link.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Alinkoo(m): 5:23am On Nov 28, 2018
Adebayo2296:
Has your eligibility and background check review started.

Each time I check online it keeps telling me it's been processed at Canadian visa office. For further information abi na wetin contact vfs bla bla bla. I tire.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Layooye: 5:52am On Nov 28, 2018
sopho:
Sorry for your refusal, you said medical done and passed, please was it upfront medicals or CIC sent you medical request?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by bbclue(f): 6:07am On Nov 28, 2018
sopho:

1...you can order for your GCMS note through gcmsnow or through caipnote

2....the refusal letter CIC gave you...go to the school website find there email through the school site then write to the school about your refusal that you need a refund.....then scan the refusal letter along with the letter

3...the fee will be paid directly into your account...since is from your account they debit it from....

4...or you can better still defer your admission till next term...why you await your GCMS note..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Famzyactivity: 6:13am On Nov 28, 2018
Bleuocean:
Hello ALL,

My sister was denied visa today with only one reason that they are not satisfied she will return back after studies.

Please what is the solution to this because she wants to reapply. What can she do better?

Your idea or response will be appreciated.

when did she apply? online or paper route?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 7:42am On Nov 28, 2018
Toobie:

What if sponsors are not parent. And the sponsor isn't bearing the same surname what can one do .Thanks in Anticipation

As for me, my dad was my sponsor
So for the best of my knowledge about using a sponsor that is not your parent...
You should show a very thick bond between you and your sponsor sometimes it's not about writing only stories Of you and your sponsor in the sop
Make sure your sponsor paid your school fee through his bank account (commitment)
He can also send some reasonable amount of money to your bank account
Make sure you do an affidavit of support of your sponsor, the affidavits must be signed by him with his passport photograph
Make sure you have a photo of you and your sponsor together (old photo preferably)
In your SOP or LOE write the bond, relationship of you and your sponsor and why he's sponsoring you to a western education
Your sponsor should also write his letter of sponsorship and it must be signed by HiM
The statement of account of sponsor and letter of recommendation

Those are the documents to prove On your sponsor

If you have the following documents below you can use it, if you don't have it, get it from your sponsor
Certificate of incorporation of your business.
Recent of payments (most recent contract payment)
Memorandum and article association
Landed properties
Shares certificate, Treasuring bill, And G-factor (God first)
These are the documents for sponsorship, personal documents are excluded.
The gurus in the house can correct me biko

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 8:19am On Nov 28, 2018
Austacus:

As for me, my dad was my sponsor
So for the best of my knowledge about using a sponsor that is not your parent...
You should show a very thick bond between you and your sponsor sometimes it's not about writing only stories Of you and your sponsor in the sop
Make sure your sponsor paid your school fee through his bank account (commitment)
He can also send some reasonable amount of money to your bank account
Make sure you do an affidavit of support of your sponsor, the affidavits must be signed by him with his passport photograph
Make sure you have a photo of you and your sponsor together (old photo preferably)
In your SOP or LOE write the bond, relationship of you and your sponsor and why he's sponsoring you to a western education
Your sponsor should also write his letter of sponsorship and it must be signed by HiM
The statement of account of sponsor and letter of recommendation

Those are the documents to prove On your sponsor

If you have the following documents below you can use it, if you don't have it, get it from your sponsor
Certificate of incorporation of your business.
Recent of payments (most recent contract payment)
Memorandum and article association
Landed properties
Shares certificate, Treasuring bill, And G-factor (God first)
These are the documents for sponsorship, personal documents are excluded.
The gurus in the house can correct me biko

Everything you said is absolutely true.

The only but is that there’s no one fit all rule to this Canada Visa.

I got approval last week and I can say that I didn’t prove enough ties/relationship with my sponsor.

For perspective, I can tell you I submitted
1. Sponsor Personal SOA
2. Sponsor Company SOA
3. Proof of part Tuition payment $13,000CAD of $26,000 from my sponsors account.
4. My sponsor’s company website homepage saved as a one-page PDF document (because I couldn’t get his CAC)
5. Family tree to show the relationship
6. Letter of sponsorship on sponsor’s company letterhead signed and stamped.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 8:26am On Nov 28, 2018
123abcclown:

Everything you said is absolutely true.

The only but is that there’s no one fit all rule to this Canada Visa.

I got approval last week and I can say that I didn’t prove enough ties/relationship with my sponsor.

For perspective, I can tell you I submitted
1. Sponsor Personal SOA
2. Sponsor Company SOA
3. Proof of part Tuition payment $13,000CAD of $26,000 from my sponsors account.
4. My sponsor’s company website homepage saved as a one-page PDF document (because I couldn’t get his CAC)
5. Family tree to show the relationship
6. Letter of sponsorship on sponsor’s company letterhead signed and stamped.

You're correct, everything listed mustn't be readily available,
That's why G factor is very important.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Osasalfred44: 8:31am On Nov 28, 2018
Please anyone gained admission to unbc here?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Canterbury: 8:48am On Nov 28, 2018
Good morning house, please I new here and i need help. I have a PGD with a great cgpa (4.0) in Industrial chemistry, last year I tried applying for masters in Canny but I was asked to first find a professor that will supervise me I wrote to more than 15 of the people in my area of choice not even one replied, once they see I am from Nigeria (my guess though).

So this yea I decided to go for certificate program two years Pharmacy technician, with this I can start as a secondary school leaver. (But in my case as a mature student). Now these are my questions.

1. In the first pages of the application I indicated that I have a PGD which means I am not a just a high school student. Will this be an issue in giving me admission?

2. I was asked to upload my notarized documents, but we all know no school in Nigeria will give a student transcript directly, how do I do this please?

3. I am applying to Ontario collages, I want to apply to 3 or 4 to raise my chances please who has a suggestion for me, that's regarding collages that are open for international students. (I am currently on Lambton collage.

4. Please who is applying or has gone through this process that can help.

5. Are their agents that give these kind of services I can use, maybe in Nigeria or in Canada.

6. If I should go for a masters in Chemistry which school can take me with me needing to get a supervisor first before admission

#please treat as a matter of urgency, thanks in advance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 10:04am On Nov 28, 2018
Link your account online to have detailed information of each process of your application. It’s important you do so.
Alinkoo:

Each time I check online it keeps telling me it's been processed at Canadian visa office. For further information abi na wetin contact vfs bla bla bla. I tire.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Snillous(m): 10:06am On Nov 28, 2018
Lagos2canna:

Boss your app is visit which is different from study permit, what's your plan now since the event has passed? What will be the content of your mail to cic? It is well

I have my reason to write them my brother. Just drop me their email address. Thank u sir
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 10:36am On Nov 28, 2018
Please how exactly are we meant to satisfy them that we would come back after the stay.. For bachelor's degree
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by goingforward: 11:07am On Nov 28, 2018
Congratulations @LekwachiJJ. God did it.

LekwachiJJ:
Hello everyone..Pls pardon my long post. Finally my visa came out today after I submitted my passport on 18th September. I want to give the glory to God and thank everyone here especially those make very insightful contribution, the type that gingerred me to take some steps.

Mine is a strange one. Applied on 11th May. Biometrics on 23rd May. Medicals on 23rd August. Passport request on 18th September. And then everything came to a stand still for over 2 months. Within this period I submitted over 7 CSE webforms and wrote over 10 emails to Lagos VO but got maybe 2 responses. Meanwhile my online status remained at a confusing situation: eligibility review ongoing, meds passed, background check ongoing but application approved and passport requested. By October 18th I received a mail asking me to send in updated bank statement in a new format: bank statement request ticket plus password. My bank had not implemented this new format and so gabe me a cover letter to add to the normal statement. And then nothing again.

My last webform was responded to with the story that my application was in London. I wrote London last week and complained about the restriction of my movement for other personal and business travels outside of Canada with the continued with holding of my passport. London responded that my application has been approved since September and that they are aware my passport was dropped at VFS, can I go to VFS for "printing of your visa". So confusing! VFS does not print visas. Even then my many visits there revealed thar my passport was at the embassy.

Finally yesterday morning as I was driving to Anifowose instead of VFS as directed I got a call to attend an interview this morning. I was there by 6 am and by 8.30 I sat in front of an officer who told me my bank statements were not clear or legible. This is bery untrue as I scanned them myself. After barely looking through the updated statements I brought he asked me to wait for 10 minutes and in exactly 10 minutes my passport came out with my visa!

I applied to study MA Communication in UOttawa. My first degree ia in Pol Science, over 27 years ago. I had an MBA since 2001 and am a very mature appliacant. My SOI stated that after working in communication for over 2 decades I needed to retire to academics by studying in Canada and merging my long practical experience with serious academic scholarship for the benefit of my future students.

Document attached:
1. Acceptance letter and Statement of Intent
2. Dom account statement with over 100kUSD
3. TD acount statement with 40kCAD
4. Letter of employment, payslips
5. Travel history to Canada, US, UK, SA, etc
6. Scanned passport data page ( passport valid till 1st June 2019. So while waiting I applied for renewal and added the new passport via webform and email).

I did not add any property or evidence of family ties beyond what I filled in the family information form. Just the above.

Bottom line while waiting, I prayed and fasted like never before especially after I was told my application was in London.

My admission was deferred to Winter with the kind understanding of my faculty and I will be travelling by God's grace before new year. My testimony I did not lose faith in the power of God despite the odds against me as shown in many of the tesimonies and feedback in this forum especially about long gap from last degree

I pray everyone here will have a good story to tell and bery very soon in Jesus name. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by OOAAD: 11:18am On Nov 28, 2018
Please how did you notarize your documents? Is it all documents or school certificates.

Thank you

Alinkoo:
Today makes my Paper Route application the 7th week.

Submitted on the 9th of Oct at Abuja.

Biometric Validity received on the 19th of Nov.

Till date no Medical mail yet.

School resumes 7th of January.

God I am believing in you and also praying for everyone here for MIRACLE to happen oooo...

Congrats to you @LekwachiJJ

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (546)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.