Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,576 members, 7,820,068 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (128) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (868130 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by blaugrana82(m): 2:14pm On Nov 30, 2018
I applied on June 30. My eligible review started exactly 3months ago but I've gone for upfront medicals.
makano:
My Eligibility review is exactly 3 months today. I do not know what they are reviewing for 3 months, no be say I submit encyclopedia.. Msheeew.
Has anybody gone through this (Over 3 months of eligibility review) and still got approved? Cos e tire me oo..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 2:29pm On Nov 30, 2018
When and where did you do ur Upfront medicals?
blaugrana82:
I applied on June 30. My eligible review started exactly 3months ago but I've gone for upfront medicals.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Tnablack(f): 2:43pm On Nov 30, 2018
Ask July Applicants what taking long to make decisions means. Lol

Okonkwobestman1:
Please , is there anyone going to MUN , M.sc for the fall of next year?
Actually, I applied for Oil and gas engineering albeit the application still under review since 25th Sept.Do they take that long to make decisions?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by amozag2018: 2:52pm On Nov 30, 2018
Have you applied for your GCMS Notes and secondly do you know where your application is being processed from?
ralfudoh:
No update till now, still on eligibility review after medical passed since August.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by dubaiboy1: 2:52pm On Nov 30, 2018
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Okonkwobestman1: 3:05pm On Nov 30, 2018
Tnablack:
Ask July Applicants what taking long to make decisions means. Lol
'm talking about the school's admissions not TRV yet

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by rotormast: 3:39pm On Nov 30, 2018
Determinedsoul:
Six lines? How plz?

My first SOP was too long; I wrote an epistle. This time around, I only introduced myself with just my name, why I want to go to canada and also gave them reasons why I wont stay in Canada after my studying. I was very brief and I tried not to take in internet informations cos there are just too many infos and if you keep wanting to write the perfect SOP, you will definitely make a mistake. I was honest and straight forward and Brief.

I prayed before and after writing it. I even wrote it at the early hours of my submission date

uote author=rotormast post=73422539]Application Approved on the 23rd of Nov.

First application was denied in January and reason was based on Financial ground.

2nd Application was submitted in September

What I did differently:

I prayed

Did medical insurance

Tuition deposit of 47,000 CAD

Shorten my SOP to just 6 lines and straight to the point

I prayed

I prayed

I prayed

I prayed

I will be travelling sometimes in December to do an aviation upgrade program.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by thisischarles: 3:46pm On Nov 30, 2018
please what method did you use to apply to centennial, i did since and no response or reply for my mails

sashaa:

How did you send in your application to centennial? Through ontariocolleges.ca or directly on their site? I'm also applying to them. Also did you do WES? I read on their site that it's required
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Armstrong34(m): 3:59pm On Nov 30, 2018
Nairalanders please I was almost done with applying and paying the application fee only for me to hear I won't be grañted visa because my Waec is over 8 years....A BSc course

pls how true is this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Andrepete: 4:00pm On Nov 30, 2018
Hello house, Good evening gurus and everyone, please when writing my new SOP, should I include in the SOP that I was refused the first time and why I was refused and how I have been able to address those issues Also I changed my first college and course to a new one (from business management and human resources to Broadcasting and digital performance ) do I still need to state why the change in my SOP?? Please kindly help me by replying cause this SOP is becoming confusing and nerve racking already!!!! Thanks in anticipation of your response!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Asapant: 4:12pm On Nov 30, 2018
You're a prospective Conestoga student. I hope you studied communication, Media or Broadcasting during UG ?
Andrepete:
Hello house, Good evening gurus and everyone, please when writing my new SOP, should I include in the SOP that I was refused the first time and why I was refused and how I have been able to address those issues Also I changed my first college and course to a new one (from business management and human resources to Broadcasting and digital performance ) do I still need to state why the change in my SOP?? Please kindly help me by replying cause this SOP is becoming confusing and nerve racking already!!!! Thanks in anticipation of your response!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Andrepete: 4:29pm On Nov 30, 2018
Asapant:
You're a prospective Conestoga student. I hope you studied communication, Media or Broadcasting during UG ?

Yes I am a prospective student, I studied international studies and diplomacy during my undergrad days but I have 2 years work experience as an on air personality (NYSC at a radio and TV station, currently interning at another radio station in my state) I hope that counts?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Andrepete: 4:31pm On Nov 30, 2018
Asapant:

Yes I am a prospective student, I studied international studies and diplomacy during my undergrad days but I have 2 years work experience as an on air personality (NYSC at a radio and TV station, currently interning at another radio station in my state) I hope it counts
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Asapant: 4:46pm On Nov 30, 2018
We're both in same field. I could help you review ur SOP if you wouldnt mind
Andrepete:

Yes I am a prospective student, I studied international studies and diplomacy during my undergrad days but I have 2 years work experience as an on air personality (NYSC at a radio and TV station, currently interning at another radio station in my state) I hope it counts
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Andrepete: 4:51pm On Nov 30, 2018
Asapant:
We're both in same field. I could help you review ur SOP if you wouldnt mind

I don't mind, that would be lovely... Please send me an email let's get talking, I have got so many questions... andrehayford@gmail.com..thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Omoarukheo(f): 4:56pm On Nov 30, 2018
His words do not return to him void!!!
God has come through for me!!!

It's PPR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll share my profile after I get my passport back!

I pray for everyone expecting an answer on this forum! God will settle You in the mighty name of Jesus

I'm so excited � ������

18 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Andrepete: 4:58pm On Nov 30, 2018
Omoarukheo:

I pray for everyone expecting an answer on this forum! God will settle You in the mighty name of Jesus

I'm so excited � ������

Congratulations o........ The Lord will do mine o..... I tap into your anointing.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Andrepete: 4:59pm On Nov 30, 2018
Hello house, Good evening gurus and everyone, please when writing my new SOP, should I include in the SOP that I was refused the first time and why I was refused and how I have been able to address those issues Also I changed my first college and course to a new one (from business management and human resources to Broadcasting and digital performance ) do I still need to state why the change in my SOP?? Please kindly help me by replying cause this SOP is becoming confusing and nerve racking already!!!! Thanks in anticipation of your response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Omoarukheo(f): 5:01pm On Nov 30, 2018
Andrepete:

Congratulations o........ The Lord will do mine o..... I tap into your anointing.

Amen! Thank you so much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 5:01pm On Nov 30, 2018
rotormast:
Application Approved on the 23rd of Nov.

First application was denied in January and reason was based on Financial ground.

2nd Application was submitted in September

What I did differently:

I prayed

Did medical insurance

Tuition deposit of 47,000 CAD

Shorten my SOP to just 6 lines and straight to the point

I prayed

I prayed

I prayed

I prayed

I will be travelling sometimes in December to do an aviation upgrade program.

6 lines shocked please what did you write?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by litterbug(f): 5:05pm On Nov 30, 2018
Congratulations...

Omoarukheo:

I'm so excited � ������
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sleekysoft(m): 5:07pm On Nov 30, 2018
wink
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Omoarukheo(f): 5:08pm On Nov 30, 2018
litterbug:
Congratulations...

Thank you!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sleekysoft(m): 5:11pm On Nov 30, 2018
Congrats I am happy for you... God that came through for you at the 11th hour will come through for me

Omoarukheo:

I'm so excited � ������
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 5:25pm On Nov 30, 2018
Is there any prospective Masters student that applied to Manitoba University? I applied since middle of May but still no single update rather "application under review by the department for 5 months and some days now.

All my emails sent to them tends to be generic response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Henkubert: 5:29pm On Nov 30, 2018
May 19 applicant here I applied for master in University of Manitoba

JustMellow:
Is there any prospective Masters student that applied to Manitoba University? I applied since middle of May but still no single update rather "application under review by the department for 5 months and some days now.

All my emails sent to them tends to be generic response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Dwebb55: 5:51pm On Nov 30, 2018
Andrepete:
Hello house, Good evening gurus and everyone, please when writing my new SOP, should I include in the SOP that I was refused the first time and why I was refused and how I have been able to address those issues Also I changed my first college and course to a new one (from business management and human resources to Broadcasting and digital performance ) do I still need to state why the change in my SOP?? Please kindly help me by replying cause this SOP is becoming confusing and nerve racking already!!Thanks in anticipation of your response

It is imperative that you mention it and thoroughly address it. That's the major reason people are asked to get their GCMS notes; to address/tackle any issues raised therein.

On you changing your course of study, ensure you can tie the new course to your previous study or your current line of work and thereafter ensure your SOP is airtight.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by dubaiboy1: 5:51pm On Nov 30, 2018
Congrats !!!

Omoarukheo:

I'm so excited � ������
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Andrepete: 6:01pm On Nov 30, 2018
Dwebb55:

It is imperative that you mention it and thoroughly address it. That's the major reason people are asked to get their GCMS notes; to address/tackle any issues raised therein.

On you changing your course of study, ensure you can tie the new course to your previous study or your current line of work and thereafter ensure your SOP is airtight.

Thanks... Currently using 4 headers while writing.... My question now is that when is the refusal ish supposed to come in? First header or should be the last paragraph?? That's the confusion I am currently facing.... Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Awuuga: 6:07pm On Nov 30, 2018
Congratulations

Omoarukheo:

I'm so excited � ������
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by blaugrana82(m): 6:07pm On Nov 30, 2018
IOM Lagos. Last Wednesday
makano:
When and where did you do ur Upfront medicals?

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (546)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.