Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,531 members, 7,816,297 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:03 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (150) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (865993 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Ologunsunny: 6:57pm On Dec 12, 2018
Is it possible to study pgd and also work to sponsor myself in Canada, even if it is with the cheapest school?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Agbons101: 7:11pm On Dec 12, 2018
think you should adjust your flight date if you can....you need atleast 2-3 weeks to finalize ur application...that is when you will receive your stamped passport...might be faster for paper route though...but to be on a safer side move your flight date 1 week forward. congrats
abethatguy:
Hey house!

My GCKEY said I passed the medical exam when I checked it on Sunday. And today I got a "Correspondance letter" talking about the validity of my biometrics.

Can someone please explain? My ticket is booked for December 22nd.

Applying from Senegal

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by imoriafe: 7:21pm On Dec 12, 2018
I stand to be corrected but with recent happenings, if one received a biometric validation letter before medical request or passed, I think one should increase prayers because it's not so good a sign.. Just what I have noticed currently.. I stand to be corrected . May the favor n mercy of God rest on all our applications

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Agbons101: 7:32pm On Dec 12, 2018
this is actually very or almost impossible , its very rare to have someone that is financially stable with no bank transaction in the last 6 months. truth be told they will either see your sponsor as a corrupt individual(money laundering) or financially incapable of sponsoring you...if she is really interested in sponsoring you then she should try do some transactions within some months just to show the account is still active and get other documents like bank bonds, fixed deposit account...or any other monetary documents to show some flow of cash... bank account is the number 1 way to show you have money to spend! can i suffix to say she is self employ? if so then she needs to show and present her business documents and this will definitely mean her showing how much and how often the business brings in money.

Raymondrain:
Please house I need a serious help.... My sponsor doesn't have any bank statement( it's been over 6 months) she used the bank last. But she has alot of properties and investments..... Is it possible to use that to apply for study permit without the bank statement? Please I need an answer!! angry

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Agbons101: 7:37pm On Dec 12, 2018
well...i have made alot of enquiry on this and the answer is no! especially for the net semester payment. this is because you have limited time to work...you can check it out on youtube. but in summer you can actually get some good money working 40hrs per week...but still you have alot to pay for..
Ologunsunny:
Is it possible to study pgd and also work to sponsor myself in Canada, even if it is with the cheapest school?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Agbons101: 7:39pm On Dec 12, 2018
its the least one can do.....we have to give back to a system that has given us so much more!
Austacus:
@Justobserving1
Congratulations
The correspondence letter Is the letter whilst you will get after your visa has been approved.
It is used at the port of entry in Canada airport.
If you haven't received yours, try and email cic for it and you we get it real quick.
The letter is important and its different from the biometric correspondence letter.

Make sure you get it before traveling!

@Agbons101 you dey try even after you got your visa approved you still they help out.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Agbons101: 7:56pm On Dec 12, 2018
i think what you need do is first take out time to write a very good detailed SOP letter...not necessarily very long, just be able to connect these aspect of yor application;
1. why you chose the course and how it will help you in your career
2. why that college
3. why canada
4. how your sponsor is involved in your study abroad if possible make reference to either him/her paying your fees or sending you money
5. family ties ( why you need to come back asap,projects you have to finish in nigeria, family responsibility, career job you need to come back to..this will sell better is your present employer can attest to this, etc)
just try connect all these in your letter and review your application again.
Chiamaka18:

Submitted 17/10/2018
Denied 04/12/2018
Reason for denial: I am not satisfied you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

Documents submitted
1. CIC document
•Documents check list
•Study permit application form
•Family information form
•Study permit questionnaire

2. Academic documents
•Bachelor degree certificate
•University transcript
•Reference letter from university
• Nysc discharge certificate
•Career and fair exbition certificate
•Community development certificate
• Weac certificate
•Secondary school leaving testimonial
•Secondary school transcript

3. Personal documents
•International passport
•Passport photograph (2)
•Birth certificate (affidavit)
•Application letter
•Police report
•Statement of account
•CV
•Employment letter
•Reference letter from place of employment

4. School documents
•Confederation college letter of admission
•Tuition fee payment receipt

5. Sponsors documents
•Letter of introduction stating our relationship
• Affidavit of sponsorship
•CAC business certificate
•Bank statement of 28m
•fixed deposit of 5million
•letter from bank stating my sponsor is capable

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Raymondrain: 8:17pm On Dec 12, 2018
@agnons101. Thanks for your reply, she's self employed and most of her money was spent on the house she just completed.....for like a year she's been building the house and with a worth of over 50million naira. Am planning to apply by February.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Oziegbeharrison: 10:57pm On Dec 12, 2018
Warm greetings to d gurus and newbies in d house. I be been a silent ready on this thread for quiet a while and am also one of d July brethren waiting to hear from CIC.
I requested for my case notes last month and it arrived today.
I have read through severally and I could not get a specific reason as to why my app is still on background review but I noticed in d assessment it shows biometrics complete while for criminality it shows passed-bio. I don't understand what they imply by that so I need a better explanation from the gurus here that have had experience with case notes. It also marks counterfoil req as yes this is also not clear to me. I would appreciate any clarity given

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sanphem: 11:24pm On Dec 12, 2018
Good day Nairalanders,

I applied to University of Saskatchewan to study MSc in Mechanical Engineering in September. I checked my application status and I saw ''Dept Recommend - Conditional''. Please I need your help as to interpreting this statement. What does it actually mean?

Thank you guys in anticipation of your kind response(s).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Toobie: 11:56pm On Dec 12, 2018
Emmyirab:

I don't know what degree you're going for, but I did an application for an undergraduate degree in the university of Saskatchewan and took less than 3 weeks before I got a decision.
You can check their websites to be sure.

Please am applying for M.sc at uni of Saskatchewan but am having issues with their pre qualification page for many one experiencing this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sanphem: 4:07am On Dec 13, 2018
Good day Nairalanders,

I applied to University of Saskatchewan to study MSc in Mechanical Engineering in September. I checked my application status and I saw ''Dept Recommend - Conditional''. Please I need your help as to interpreting this statement. What does it actually mean?

Thank you guys in anticipation of your kind response(s)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 5:35am On Dec 13, 2018
sanphem:
Good day Nairalanders,

Thank you guys in anticipation of your kind response(s)

It simply reference to getting a positive decision of an admission, congratulations in advance walking through the first stage

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sanphem: 6:32am On Dec 13, 2018
Thank you very much. Much appreciated for this info.

It simply reference to getting a positive decision of an admission, congratulations in advance walking through the first stage[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by wealth360: 7:34am On Dec 13, 2018
Dept has recommended you to CGPS for admission.
But the admission is conditional until your university in Nigeria send the official transcript to CGPS that when you get the Unconditional offer letter. Congratulations
sanphem:
Good day Nairalanders,

Thank you guys in anticipation of your kind response(s).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Blessedness456: 7:42am On Dec 13, 2018
Good morning house. Please in reapplication can I adjust the months on my student application form as regards employment in the past as I realised in the former one there were 2 overlapping months. Is it a major or minor error as gurus have said these details are backed up? Will it cause any problems? Please advice. Thanks and God bless.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by penitential(m): 8:19am On Dec 13, 2018
Psychosocial:
Guys I got rejected today

Applied 8th November (Paper Route)

Course applied: M.Eng ELECTRICAL AND COMPUTER ENGINEERING

Linked my application Online: 19th November

Eligibility and Background Checks started 19th November

Correspondence Letter for Biometric Validity: 21st November

Refusal Notification came today: 11th December

There was no message regarding the reasons for refusal, even though I was referred to one. I wonder what the reasons could be.
(See Screenshot at the end)

Submitted:
Letter of Acceptance
S.O.P
CIC Forms
International Passport
Birth Certificate
Degree Certificate (B.Eng ELECTRICAL ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING)
NYSC Certificate
Employment Letter
Employment ID Card
Employment Reference Letter
Payslips (6months)
Statement of Account: #130,000 (Ended October)
Tuition fee receipt: 14,250CAD
Sponsor's (Sister) Affidavit,
Sponsor's Employment Letter (3,500USD/month), (45,000USD/annually)
Sponsor's Payslips (6months)
Sponsor's Bank Balance: Domiciliary (6,000USD/Ended September), Local (#50,000/September), Fixed Deposit (#2.5m fixed in October)
No Upfront Medicals.

Winter Semester starts 7th January, 2019. I had earlier deferred from Fall 2018 to Winter 2019; and the school's policy on deferral is just Once in an Academic year. So I think I'm pretty much screwed at this point. sad embarassed[color=#000099][/color]
Why not go for a research base master?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Justobserving1: 9:06am On Dec 13, 2018
I have a question house, so I applied for american visa in june and my interview date was for december, i was denied the american visa but before then, i was approved for the canadian study permit just remaining to submit passport.

I couldnt submit my passport because I was waiting for the american tourist visa interview. I have submitted my passport to Vfs now. The question is should I send a webform informing them I was denied american tourist visa? do you think this new development will have an impact on my approval?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by dubajek: 9:25am On Dec 13, 2018
please I want to apply for thesis based master program in Usask. I forwarded my statement of intent a week ago to two supervisors, no response yet. Please what do you advise? should I go ahead and start my application or I should wait for the response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Psychosocial: 9:48am On Dec 13, 2018
What difference does it really make?? I'm already practicing so I felt an M.Eng would suit me better, than taking an MSc
penitential:

Why not go for a research base master?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Clara2244(f): 9:54am On Dec 13, 2018
Hi, please i want to ask you something concerning the GCMS note as i just applied for mine and my application is still on background check.
you can email me on imaada2011@gmail.com
sleekysoft:
It usually takes between 30-45 days I think..
in some cases lesser and in some more but never heard it take more than 45 days

Be calm brother

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by CuteCeo: 9:56am On Dec 13, 2018
Guys. Can i apply for visa while in a european country?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Naijaforeigner: 10:19am On Dec 13, 2018
Amahjosh:
Hello gurus. Good day everyone Please what is the possibility of getting Visa if you are applying for a post graduate certificate/ diploma program in colleges in Ontario. I just applied for fall 2019 in George brown college but a friend was telling me the visa chances are slim compared to going for Masters in a University. My cgpa is 3.24 and seems getting masters admit will be quite difficult. Please I need your inputs even from those who have gotten Visa with colleges and steps to take to prepare for the Visa stage. Also if applying to college is the best for me, suggest some good computer based colleges I read Computer Engineering, I have CCNA.

Bcc: Thecongo2 , Naijaforeigner, Austacus,Bsbabe and many others

Sorry this response is coming late.
Visa is not guaranteed for anyone. Some people have gotten visas for PGC (1 year program) on this forum. However, I would suggest if you cannot get admission for masters degree of at least 18 months, please go for a 2 year PGD so you can easily get a 3 year work permit once you are done.

I am currently on a 1 year study permit that ends September 1, 2019. The challenge is I need to renew my study permit next year before this current one ends by either going for another 1 year PGC (what most Indians and Nigerians do here based on my findings) or do at least another 1 year masters so that I can qualify for the 3 year work permit. I heard work permit is given only once.

Imagine if I was using a third party sponsor? I would have to start begging the sponsor to please send me money for fees next year to renew study permit. It is better you get that 2 years visa once and for all from Nigeria so you don’t have anything to worry about again when you get here.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Naijaforeigner: 10:21am On Dec 13, 2018
CuteCeo:
Guys. Can i apply for visa while in a european country?

Yes you can provided you have a resident permit to work/ study / any other thing (not visiitor visa).

I applied for my visa from the UK.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Naijaforeigner: 10:29am On Dec 13, 2018
Ologunsunny:

What do you mean by sponsor yourself? If you are speaking of feeding and accommodation, the 20 hours for students should be more than enough (my school here in London even gives bus pass so all i have to worry about is just feeding and housing).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sleekysoft(m): 10:32am On Dec 13, 2018
Sent

Clara2244:
Hi, please i want to ask you something concerning the GCMS note as i just applied for mine and my application is still on background check.
you can email me on imaada2011@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Naijaforeigner: 10:36am On Dec 13, 2018
nija4us:
hello brothers and sisters,
I noticed that almost everybody here is applying to get study permit for post graduate studies. Plz I would like to know the chances of an 18 or 19 year old, that finished secondary school last year, getting a study permit for a two year ordinary diploma programme in canada, since its neither an undergraduate nor post graduate diploma programme.
Thanks a lot

An 18 or 19 year old has good chances but he or she should get admitted first. That’s the first and most important step. Why not UG?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Strongtech: 11:06am On Dec 13, 2018
morning guys, please after a two years graduate diploma program in Canada. what will it take for me to continue leaving in Canada? please i precise response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Clara2244(f): 11:25am On Dec 13, 2018
I just replied. Read and revert please.
sleekysoft:
Sent you a PM.. check your NL login email address...

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Awuuga: 11:25am On Dec 13, 2018
This is a scary revelation.

Naijaforeigner:

Sorry this response is coming late.
Visa is not guaranteed for anyone. Some people have gotten visas for PGC (1 year program) on this forum. However, I would suggest if you cannot get admission for masters degree of at least 18 months, please go for a 2 year PGD so you can easily get a 3 year work permit once you are done.

I am currently on a 1 year study permit that ends September 1, 2019. The challenge is I need to renew my study permit next year before this current one ends by either going for another 1 year PGC (what most Indians and Nigerians do here based on my findings) or do at least another 1 year masters so that I can qualify for the 3 year work permit. I heard work permit is given only once.

Imagine if I was using a third party sponsor? I would have to start begging the sponsor to please send me money for fees next year to renew study permit. It is better you get that 2 years visa once and for all from Nigeria so you don’t have anything to worry about again when you get here.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Strongtech: 11:33am On Dec 13, 2018
Strongtech:
morning guys, please after a two years graduate diploma program in Canada. what will it take for me to continue leaving in Canada? please i precise response

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (546)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.