Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,222 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:53 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (148) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (865973 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by kelpreneur(m): 6:08pm On Dec 11, 2018
I intend submitting my documents physically , please just want to know if am submitting original documents or photocopy
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Tlontin(m): 6:10pm On Dec 11, 2018
penitential:

Explaining to the v.o your nature of Job in this aspect is not an issue.
1. Inflow and outflow of money I to your account (with narration) should show something.
Also, you can put the explanation inside your SOP with pictures of completed jobs as evidence.
One thing I’m skeptical about is “Purpose of visit” your stated reason for construction management is not convincing enough (IMO). Because obviously they will tick “purpose of visit for you bro if you don’t explain that very well.
Thanks so much for your time. I actually didn’t explained my purpose of visit in my narration. God bless
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by imoriafe: 6:30pm On Dec 11, 2018
November peeps how una dey? For those that haven't head anything yet..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by imoriafe: 6:31pm On Dec 11, 2018
We shall all sing songs of victory in Jesus name.. Amen
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by dinho10(m): 6:32pm On Dec 11, 2018
Na biometric validity mail I received today...no medical mail

quote author=imoriafe post=73757054]November peeps how una dey? For those that haven't head anything yet.. [/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by imoriafe: 7:05pm On Dec 11, 2018
Online or paper?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Chukwuemekatehi(m): 7:54pm On Dec 11, 2018
I received a loan from an institution and a lump sum will be paid into my account, how do i explain this to the VO.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by dinho10(m): 7:59pm On Dec 11, 2018
Online... November 2

imoriafe:
Online or paper?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by TheCongo2: 8:04pm On Dec 11, 2018
Chukwuemekatehi:
I received a loan from an institution and a lump sum will be paid into my account, how do i explain this to the VO.

I had no idea that institutions give loans to students
let alone to people who are neither citizens nor permanent residents of Canada.

Are you sure this isn't a grant or scholarship you are getting?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by nija4us: 8:14pm On Dec 11, 2018
hello brothers and sisters,
I noticed that almost everybody here is applying to get study permit for post graduate studies. Plz I would like to know the chances of an 18 or 19 year old, that finished secondary school last year, getting a study permit for a two year ordinary diploma programme in canada, since its neither an undergraduate nor post graduate diploma programme.
Thanks a lot
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Chukwuemekatehi(m): 8:25pm On Dec 11, 2018
TheCongo2:

Its in Nigeria and not canada.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 8:33pm On Dec 11, 2018
TheCongo2:

I "think" what the moniker meant by INSTITUTION can be any of the financial establishments videlicet banks, money lenders, clubs, meetings, contributions etc. Just my personal insight.

Stand to be corrected..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by TheCongo2: 8:33pm On Dec 11, 2018
Chukwuemekatehi:

My apologies
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Awuuga: 8:41pm On Dec 11, 2018
Submit photocopies, only letters addressed to the embassy should be original.

kelpreneur:
I intend submitting my documents physically , please just want to know if am submitting original documents or photocopy
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Awuuga: 8:47pm On Dec 11, 2018
I’ve never encountered anyone who submitted a hand written SOP.
I’d advice you to type your SOP out.

Asapant:
Hello everyone. For paper application. Can SOP be hand written ?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 8:51pm On Dec 11, 2018
Chukwuemekatehi:

Please provide clarity. Is it actually a School or a Monetary Establishment?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 8:53pm On Dec 11, 2018
Awuuga:
Submit photocopies, only letters addressed to the embassy should be original.

What about online?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Asapant: 9:14pm On Dec 11, 2018
Thank you Awuuga
Awuuga:
I’ve never encountered anyone who submitted a hand written SOP.
I’d advice you to type your SOP out.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 9:18pm On Dec 11, 2018
You have nothing to lose submitting ur original documents online, since you are scanning them. So when applying online, make sure you scan all ur original documents and submit.
JustMellow:

What about online?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Chukwuemekatehi(m): 9:39pm On Dec 11, 2018
JustMellow:

I "think" what the moniker meant by INSTITUTION can be any of the financial establishments videlicet banks, money lenders, clubs, meetings, contributions etc. Just my personal insight.

Stand to be corrected..

Yea bro, you are right. A particular organization in my community gave out loans as a part of their social responsibility and i happened to be among. How do i explain this to the VO because this will come as a lump sum.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Chukwuemekatehi(m): 9:40pm On Dec 11, 2018
JustMellow:

Please provide clarity. Is it actually a School or a Monetary Establishment?

It is an organization in my community.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 10:26pm On Dec 11, 2018
Chukwuemekatehi:

Yea bro, you are right. A particular organization in my community gave out loans as a part of their social responsibility and i happened to be among. How do i explain this to the VO because this will come as a lump sum.

If the organization is fondly recognized by the community and you also are a bonafide member of the community, you can swing this way;

1. Get an attested certificate from the organization showing you participated(if applicable) in what qualified you for the loan, a letter for such loan(the amount very compulsory, date of transfer, your account details etc) and how its to be paid and why select you.

2. A letter from the community that's also an indirect benefactor of such opportunity(maybe to improve and promote education in the local community etc, the awareness of it pass through the community before any spread of such awareness), written in the community's letter headed paper; stamped, signed by the elder/chairman with the details as aforementioned.

3. In your SOP to the embassy, also explain this with same details.

4. Your sponsor should also attest to the awareness of such loan, reasons, dating and amount of the lump sum etc

5. Show either your membership card, registration/membership certificate, ID card, landed properties owned in such community etc

..from my personal opinion, hope it helps!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Psychosocial: 11:49pm On Dec 11, 2018
Guys I got rejected today

Applied 8th November (Paper Route)

Course applied: M.Eng ELECTRICAL AND COMPUTER ENGINEERING

Linked my application Online: 19th November

Eligibility and Background Checks started 19th November

Correspondence Letter for Biometric Validity: 21st November

Refusal Notification came today: 11th December

There was no message regarding the reasons for refusal, even though I was referred to one. I wonder what the reasons could be.
(See Screenshot at the end)

Submitted:
Letter of Acceptance
S.O.P
CIC Forms
International Passport
Birth Certificate
Degree Certificate (B.Eng ELECTRICAL ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING)
NYSC Certificate
Employment Letter
Employment ID Card
Employment Reference Letter
Payslips (6months)
Statement of Account: #130,000 (Ended October)
Tuition fee receipt: 14,250CAD
Sponsor's (Sister) Affidavit,
Sponsor's Employment Letter (3,500USD/month), (45,000USD/annually)
Sponsor's Payslips (6months)
Sponsor's Bank Balance: Domiciliary (6,000USD/Ended September), Local (#50,000/September), Fixed Deposit (#2.5m fixed in October)
No Upfront Medicals.

Winter Semester starts 7th January, 2019. I had earlier deferred from Fall 2018 to Winter 2019; and the school's policy on deferral is just Once in an Academic year. So I think I'm pretty much screwed at this point. sad embarassed[color=#000099][/color]

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by ManTiger(m): 12:26am On Dec 12, 2018
Psychosocial:

There was no message regarding the reasons for refusal, even though I was referred to one. I wonder what the reasons could be.

Submitted:
Letter of Acceptance
S.O.P
CIC Forms
International Passport
Birth Certificate
NYSC Certificate
Employment Letter
Employment ID Card
Payslips (6months)
Sponsor's Bank Balance: Domiciliary (6,000USD/Ended September), Local (#50,000/September), Fixed Deposit (#2.5m fixed in October)
No Upfront Medicals.

Winter Semester starts 7th January, 2019. I had earlier deferred from Fall 2018 to Winter 2019; and the school's policy on deferral is just Once in an Academic year. So I think I'm pretty much screwed at this point. sad embarassed[color=#000099][/color]

undecided

No one can sincerely tell how CIC arrives at their decision, they are not always right, not everyone is an immigrant!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Charlesgeb: 12:57am On Dec 12, 2018
Sorry about the news. Is your sponsor in Nigeria? Because I have heard if your sponsor is in Canada, its an automatic DENY. Please can anyone reconfirm that?

Psychosocial:

Submitted:
Letter of Acceptance
S.O.P
CIC Forms
International Passport
Birth Certificate
NYSC Certificate
Employment Letter
Employment ID Card
Payslips (6months)
No Upfront Medicals.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JKilz: 1:24am On Dec 12, 2018
New monicker. Old Monicker was LotusBoi.
Deleted the account and opened a new one.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Psychosocial: 2:09am On Dec 12, 2018
My Sponsor is a Nigerian based in Nigeria.
Charlesgeb:
Sorry about the news. Is your sponsor in Nigeria? Because I have heard if your sponsor is in Canada, its an automatic DENY. Please can anyone reconfirm that?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by misspetit(f): 2:26am On Dec 12, 2018
Hello everyone.
My question is about flywire.
I applied for a refund of my tution deposit.
Flywire said dey have processed d money. My bank said the money isn't der and I have waited for over 10days. Now am confused on what to do. Flywire sent ment proof of fund processed Buh money neva enter bank acc na.
Gurus in d house please help ooo....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Jumoke95: 5:34am On Dec 12, 2018
Please how do I start the application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by nija4us: 7:34am On Dec 12, 2018
I noticed that almost everybody here is applying to get study permit for post graduate studies. Plz I would like to know the chances of an 18 or 19 year old, that finished secondary school last year, getting a study permit for a two year ordinary diploma programme in canada, since its neither an undergraduate nor post graduate diploma programme.
Thanks a lot
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Ormohlawlah: 7:59am On Dec 12, 2018
nija4us:
Thanks a lot
Why not an undergraduate degree?

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (546)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.