Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,919 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:23 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (181) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (863146 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Ormohlawlah: 12:47pm On Jan 07, 2019
Raymondrain:
Good afternoon house....please is 5m enough to show as a proof of bank statement from my sponsor for the study permit application or more than that to be safe?
Add your tuition fee+living expenses(10kCAD) for one year and convert it to naira. There should also be verifiable source of income to show how you will pay in subsequent years.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jan 07, 2019
Hamsal197:

Please anyone with idea on the above?
I'm asking because I found that my application is being processed in Ukraine (kyiv.gc.ca.) online route, and this people are taking forever to send me PPR.
I did medicals on 26th of Nov.
Medical passed on 7th Dec., and i was asked to upload my updated admission letter. I did that on 10th of Dec.
Nothing since then.
I mailed them on 21st of Dec. and they replied "Your submission has been uploaded. You will be contacted shortly".
I don't know their own definition of shortly since 21st or I'm the one that do not understand English again.

Wen did u apply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 1:17pm On Jan 07, 2019
Your Visa is sure brother, you should be very calm cos they will surely send it. What will you say about peeps that have applied since May/June that havnt even gotten Medical request. So just be patient, ur Visa is on its way. Peace
Hamsal197:

Please anyone with idea on the above?
I'm asking because I found that my application is being processed in Ukraine (kyiv.gc.ca.) online route, and this people are taking forever to send me PPR.
I did medicals on 26th of Nov.
Medical passed on 7th Dec., and i was asked to upload my updated admission letter. I did that on 10th of Dec.
Nothing since then.
I mailed them on 21st of Dec. and they replied "Your submission has been uploaded. You will be contacted shortly".
I don't know their own definition of shortly since 21st or I'm the one that do not understand English again.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by dubaiboy1: 1:22pm On Jan 07, 2019
Congratulations..

Bracha:
My application has been approved. Here's my timeline, and a summary of the documents I submitted.

Online application
Application: 24th of July
Biometric: 25th July
Biometric receipt confirmation: 27th July.
I sent several messages to London, but kept getting 'your application is actively being reviewed'
Sent London immigration the 4th message on 15th December, exactly 20 weeks, 1 day after submission.
Lagos responded on the 17th saying 'my application is being reviewed' 13 minutes after my application was updated to 'medical requested'
Medicals: 21st December
Passport Request/Medical passed: 28th December - 1 week after medical was done.
Passport submission: 28th December
I kept seeing 'no record found' when trying to track my Passport on vfsglobal's website.
Sent Lagos immigration an email on 3rd of January telling them my school resumed on that day.
Correspondence Letter/Application status updated to 'approved': 5th January.
I'll be going to get my passport soon.

Documents submitted:
SOP, BSc. transcript, school fees tuition receipt, sponsor's account statement for 6 months (can't remember how much he had, and he lives in Canada), my bank statement for 1 month, financial support letter from my supervisor, my mum's land deed, acceptance letter.
PS: if there are other documents, I can't remember them now.

Note: I applied twice in 2017 and was denied.
In this application, I prayed, fasted and had an unwavering faith in God all through it all.
I can't give anyone my SOP because I don't know where these documents are right now.

School: Brandon University
Course: MELS - Masters in Environmental and Life Science.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Josh1996: 1:42pm On Jan 07, 2019
Congratulations brother, God wey do your own go do our own. Amen!!!

Bracha:
My application has been approved. Here's my timeline, and a summary of the documents I submitted.

Online application
I sent several messages to London, but kept getting 'your application is actively being reviewed'
Sent London immigration the 4th message on 15th December, exactly 20 weeks, 1 day after submission.
Lagos responded on the 17th saying 'my application is being reviewed' 13 minutes after my application was updated to 'medical requested'
I kept seeing 'no record found' when trying to track my Passport on vfsglobal's website.
Sent Lagos immigration an email on 3rd of January telling them my school resumed on that day.

Documents submitted:
SOP, BSc. transcript, school fees tuition receipt, sponsor's account statement for 6 months (can't remember how much he had, and he lives in Canada), my bank statement for 1 month, financial support letter from my supervisor, my mum's land deed, acceptance letter.

In this application, I prayed, fasted and had an unwavering faith in God all through it all.
I can't give anyone my SOP because I don't know where these documents are right now.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Pimi: 2:15pm On Jan 07, 2019
Bracha:

Online application

Documents submitted:

Congratulations!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Hamsal197: 2:20pm On Jan 07, 2019
makano:
Your Visa is sure brother, you should be very calm cos they will surely send it. What will you say about peeps that have applied since May/June that havnt even gotten Medical request. So just be patient, ur Visa is on its way. Peace

I applied June.

Thanks.

God will intervene in our applications.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Fontmanager1(m): 2:25pm On Jan 07, 2019
Asapant:
Any Fanshawe college applicant. How long does it take to get an acceptance letter from them ?
Two weeks maybe.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Fontmanager1(m): 2:47pm On Jan 07, 2019
My school resumed today(Fanshawe College)and I just had PPR, please i want to ask, how late is really late for resuming?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by bennyg24(m): 3:26pm On Jan 07, 2019
Congratulations to those that got TRV approvals. I just received a mail from University of Alberta of my preliminary application not successful for the 2019 fall term due to high competition(civil engineering course based MEng). Please anyone gone through this before? Is it advisable to re-apply for winter 2020 term?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Asapant: 4:39pm On Jan 07, 2019
What course are you going for in fanshawe ?
Fontmanager1:
My school resumed today(Fanshawe College)and I just had PPR, please i want to ask, how late is really late for resuming?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Saarah: 4:52pm On Jan 07, 2019
Please who is going to TAIE in Toronto?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by kpizzle: 5:50pm On Jan 07, 2019
Bros, we were still waiting for the testimony, abeg load am sharp-sharp.

Did u ask the school? and what did the school say about resumption?

Fontmanager1:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 5:52pm On Jan 07, 2019
You have till 2 weeks after resumption to resume.

Fontmanager1:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 5:53pm On Jan 07, 2019
Pimi:

Congratulations!

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 5:54pm On Jan 07, 2019
Josh1996:
Congratulations brother, God wey do your own go do our own. Amen!!!

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 5:55pm On Jan 07, 2019
dubaiboy1:
Congratulations..

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Fontmanager1(m): 6:04pm On Jan 07, 2019
Asapant:
I am sending u a private message
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Fontmanager1(m): 6:07pm On Jan 07, 2019
kpizzle:

Testimony 99% loading bro smiley
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Fontmanager1(m): 6:09pm On Jan 07, 2019
kpizzle:

Testimony Loading 99%.
No I havent asked the school yet.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Fontmanager1(m): 6:11pm On Jan 07, 2019
Bracha:
You have till 2 weeks after resumption to resume.

Ok thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Fontmanager1(m): 6:13pm On Jan 07, 2019
Asapant:
And you?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Demoore11: 6:23pm On Jan 07, 2019
Bracha:

Online application

Documents submitted:

Congratulations my brother.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by IrenePuttin2018(f): 6:30pm On Jan 07, 2019
tsmith1:
Well done everyone! I am new to this thread.

Is there anyone applying for graduate studies (MA, MPhil or PhD) to MUN or USask for their 2019 fall intake? I am applying to both, MPhil and PhD respectively. Also, how long does it take these schools to respond after submitting an application; plus, what are the chances of getting their admission?

Thanks.
I applied for master fall 2019 in Usask. Still waiting for their response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Psychosocial: 6:46pm On Jan 07, 2019
I applied last year, got admission, deferred to Winter 2019, applied for study permit, got refused December 12th.. Applied again December 30th, still waiting for a new offer of admission so I can reapply for Study Permit.
Jitw:
Happy New Year House. All the best for the new year.

Please is there anyone applying to or in Concordia University or living in Montreal? I'd like a chat please. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Psychosocial: 6:49pm On Jan 07, 2019
Jitw:
Happy New Year House. All the best for the new year.

Please is there anyone applying to or in Concordia University or living in Montreal? I'd like a chat please. Thanks.
applied last year, got admission, deferred to Winter 2019, applied for study permit, got refused December 12th.. Applied again December 30th, still waiting for a new offer of admission so I can reapply for Study Permit.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by eazyrely(m): 7:17pm On Jan 07, 2019
Hello House, I'm new here and I need assistance.
I'm a final year student, and I have intentions of going for my masters degree in Canada (University of Saskatchewan to be precise). What are the things needed of me (Like how do I go about it).
Please if there's anyone here who have passes through this stage, I won't mind if such person(s) helps in putting me through.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Asapant: 7:17pm On Jan 07, 2019
Broadcast Journalism
Fontmanager1:

And you?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Naijaforeigner: 7:50pm On Jan 07, 2019
Fontmanager1:

I am a student of Fanshawe and we had orientation today and lecture starts tomorrow. Quickly send a mail to international department so they can give you an extension sharply. Let them know you have gotten a PPR. Submit your passport ASAP. If you need any help when you are in London, let me know.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Naijaforeigner: 7:52pm On Jan 07, 2019
Asapant:
Any Fanshawe college applicant. How long does it take to get an acceptance letter from them ?

Asapant abeg no vex as I see your message now, I remembered I promised to help out on some stuff. Have you sorted it out? Please let me know if you still require any help.

The nairaland mail is not my frequent mail so most times I don’t log into it, reason why I forgot.

Fanshawe should give acceptance letter 2 weeks Max.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Asapant: 8:11pm On Jan 07, 2019
Welldone Boss. I greet you. I was patiently waiting on you but eventually gave up bkuz I cldnt get response from you. I still need your help concerning my request. Do I need to resend it to you ?
Naijaforeigner:

Asapant abeg no vex as I see your message now, I remembered I promised to help out on some stuff. Have you sorted it out? Please let me know if you still require any help.

The nairaland mail is not my frequent mail so most times I don’t log into it, reason why I forgot.

Fanshawe should give acceptance letter 2 weeks Max.

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) ... (546)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.