Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,755 members, 7,809,901 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:53 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (195) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (862842 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Tvickie(f): 11:25pm On Jan 15, 2019
It is well. Sure I will
JustMellow:

Its well, let's be patient and hopeful and please if you hear anything, mention me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 5:23am On Jan 16, 2019
victorsol:

December but it's now under review at the department.
what about you?

Mid May
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by kpizzle: 6:53am On Jan 16, 2019
We have seen someone denied 5 times on this forum and got it by the 6th try, so don't hurriedly throw in the towel.

Just share your full profile with the house, maybe it can help the gurus to know how to advice you.

BVNO:
Please I need advice on TRV application.

I have applied for TRV four times and all were denied. I applied through an agent thrice and once by myself. Hubby also applied for PR last year, but was not given as well.

So, last month I decided to write and know the reasons for the denial. I received the GCMS letter yesterday. Reasons for denial.
1. SOP contains only general statement, which was written in poor English
2. Course of study does not match with previous academic history.
3. Letter of acceptance was used for application twice. ( note, after the second denial the school gave me grace for next admission, which the same letter of admission was sent to me and I used it to apply). They are not convince that once given, i will leave at the end of my studies.

My concern is this, should I continue to apply? How many times should one stop applying after so many denials?

Please I need your genuine advice. Thank you.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Yoshy: 11:26am On Jan 16, 2019
Hi bosses

Please how do I use landed properties to support an application, two separate landed properties and a building in the village. Aside from family ties, we intend to use the properties for financial support and home ties, is this okay? What documents do I need to provide for them in the application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Omonoba1981(f): 11:59am On Jan 16, 2019
In my case, which I think might probably be same with yours. Because of the size of the file. It was mail to the address of my friend that applied for me. And he wasn't aware of this.

The official waiting time for response from AITP is 31 days. I applied for mine sometime in Novemeber

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: ATIP / AIPRP (IRCC) <IRCC.ATIP-AIPRP.IRCC@cic.gc.ca>
Date: Fri, Dec 28, 2018 at 6:22 PM
Subject: RE: About GCMS Noted
To: gmail.com>

Good afternoon,

Thank you for contacting the Access to Information and Privacy Office.

According to our records, your request was completed on December 5th, 2018. The response was mailed to the address provided on the request on the same day because it exceeded the maximum size that can be sent via email. According to Canada Post delivery standards*, you should have received our response by now.

Before sending another copy, we ask that you confirm your mailing address by replying to this email. Once confirmed, we will send another copy without delay.

To learn more about our Access to Information and Privacy, please visit us at the following: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/DEPARTMENT/atip/index.asp

*Canada Post delivery standards: Regular letters are delivered within 2 business days within a city, in 3 business days within a province, and in 4 business days nationally (excluding the day of mailing). If you are sending letters internationally, delivery time varies by country, but we expect international letters to be delivered in 4 to 7 business days.

Best Regards,

Client Service Representative | Représentant du service à la clientèle.
Access to Information and Privacy | Accès à l’information et protection des renseignements personnels
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada | Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada
Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada

Charlesgeb:
Please send an email to ATIP-AIPRP@cic.gc.ca

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Hernuh(f): 12:41pm On Jan 16, 2019
victorsol:

Agribusiness and Agric Economics. two weeks ago
Are you in ibadan too

Wow thats nice
Yes I am in Ibadan....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sleekysoft(m): 1:19pm On Jan 16, 2019
M

Hernuh:

Wow thats nice
Yes I am in Ibadan....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Hernuh(f): 1:55pm On Jan 16, 2019
sleekysoft:
My ibadan person how ibadan today? Good to have someone from Ibadan .. how Ian process going.. check your email sent you a pm

Ibadan is very fine today
Are you also in Ibadan?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Akpesman: 2:05pm On Jan 16, 2019
please send me the SOP to akpesman@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by victorsol(m): 2:06pm On Jan 16, 2019
Hernuh:

Wow thats nice
Yes I am in Ibadan....

Ok. That's nice. let me message and do well to check your mail because I want to ask you some questions
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Senatorkolade: 2:14pm On Jan 16, 2019
Omonoba1981:
In my case, which I think might probably be same with yours. Because of the size of the file. It was mail to the address of my friend that applied for me. And he wasn't aware of this.

The official waiting time for response from AITP is 31 days. I applied for mine sometime in Novemeber

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: ATIP / AIPRP (IRCC) <IRCC.ATIP-AIPRP.IRCC@cic.gc.ca>
Date: Fri, Dec 28, 2018 at 6:22 PM
Subject: RE: About GCMS Noted
To: gmail.com>

Good afternoon,

Thank you for contacting the Access to Information and Privacy Office.

According to our records, your request was completed on December 5th, 2018. The response was mailed to the address provided on the request on the same day because it exceeded the maximum size that can be sent via email. According to Canada Post delivery standards*, you should have received our response by now.

Before sending another copy, we ask that you confirm your mailing address by replying to this email. Once confirmed, we will send another copy without delay.

To learn more about our Access to Information and Privacy, please visit us at the following: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/DEPARTMENT/atip/index.asp

*Canada Post delivery standards: Regular letters are delivered within 2 business days within a city, in 3 business days within a province, and in 4 business days nationally (excluding the day of mailing). If you are sending letters internationally, delivery time varies by country, but we expect international letters to be delivered in 4 to 7 business days.

Best Regards,

Client Service Representative | Représentant du service à la clientèle.
Access to Information and Privacy | Accès à l’information et protection des renseignements personnels
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada | Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada
Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada

Thanks for the info, I will ask him
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by michelle5567: 2:21pm On Jan 16, 2019
Yo! I paid for passport courier service at VFS and today they delivered the wrong passport. I don't know whether I should laugh or cry
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sleekysoft(m): 2:26pm On Jan 16, 2019

Hernuh:

Ibadan is very fine today
Are you also in Ibadan?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by darey360(m): 2:36pm On Jan 16, 2019
sleekysoft:
Yes oo in oluyole ...

I am also in Ibadan Apata side
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by YOUNGJOHN05: 2:38pm On Jan 16, 2019
Plz Guru in the house I need help.
What does it means to defer admission to another school.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Naijaforeigner: 4:56pm On Jan 16, 2019
michelle5567:
Yo! I paid for passport courier service at VFS and today they delivered the wrong passport. I don't know whether I should laugh or cry

Wow... are you for real? Wrong passport? Can you imagine?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Asapant: 5:14pm On Jan 16, 2019
I am presently at Eleyele side.
sleekysoft:
Yes oo in oluyole ...

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by victorsol(m): 5:43pm On Jan 16, 2019
Asapant:
I am presently at Eleyele side.
ibadan people plenty ooooo. hope your is Manitoba too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Naijaforeigner: 5:50pm On Jan 16, 2019
BVNO:
Please I need advice on TRV application.

I have applied for TRV four times and all were denied. I applied through an agent thrice and once by myself. Hubby also applied for PR last year, but was not given as well.

So, last month I decided to write and know the reasons for the denial. I received the GCMS letter yesterday. Reasons for denial.
1. SOP contains only general statement, which was written in poor English
2. Course of study does not match with previous academic history.
3. Letter of acceptance was used for application twice. ( note, after the second denial the school gave me grace for next admission, which the same letter of admission was sent to me and I used it to apply). They are not convince that once given, i will leave at the end of my studies.

My concern is this, should I continue to apply? How many times should one stop applying after so many denials?

Please I need your genuine advice. Thank you.

Should you re-apply? The decision is ultimately yours.

(1) (a) Introduce yourself and what the letter is about.
(b) Why did you choose to study xyz program? what informed that decision? don't just mention it, give an example of a situation that informed that choice. It could be your work experience or a course you took while studying in University.
(c) Benefit of the program to YOU and not just general benefits of the course. Most people make this mistake. You can choose 1 or 2 important modules from the program and explain its benefits to you.

for example,

"Also, two core courses of the xyz program that particularly made me determined to enrol on this program are the 123 and 456. I believe the course 123 would give me the relevant knowledge needed in managing businesses efficiently and ensure better management of resources. The second course, which is the 456, would further give me the necessary skills in ensuring the effective distribution of goods to meet clients. This is particularly important to me because my family business in Nigeria is planning on expanding its base to other locations".

(d) why did you choose the school? did someone recommend the school to you? graduates always get job easily on successful completion of the program? you had friends who recommended the school? WHY?. Don't just give general statements like wonderful facilities, go deeper.
(e) Why have you decided to study in Canada?

(f) are you aware of the responsibilities of an international student? write briefly about it and give examples where you have demonstrated this.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare/get-documents.html#doc4

(g) What do you plan to do on the successful completion of your program? relate this to your future goals back in Nigeria.

(2) If you are applying outside Canada, make sure any program you choose is similar to what you did in univeristy or a program you have had good working experience. (You can always switch programs or study a completely different program when you get to Canada).

(3) Getting a new LOA or admisison is quite easy. speak to your school about it.

I pray you will come back here and testify how God did it for you eventually. You can try other countries as well.

Finally, Write the content of the letter YOURSELF but get someone to proof read for you. Make sure you get someone very good.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jan 16, 2019
Quick question ... My Lil sister is yet to apply to Canada for undergraduate studies fall( September) .. Whats the general processing time, are they still processing it in Ghana?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Blessedness456: 7:59pm On Jan 16, 2019
Good evening house. Please how do I send my new LOA after submitting application. Through Webform or email? I think it's Kenya handling it. I don't even know which email address to use. Please advice
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jan 16, 2019
Please house help me.

I applied to three Canadian schools in 2017 but they all said GP issues.

Although my degree is unclassified and there is no cumulative GPA on my transcript, i applied to four schools in Canada and i didn't get admission supposedly because my grades were low when compared to their standard. The first school even told me my CGPA wasn't up to 3.50 on a five point scale or 3.0 on a 4 point scale. I doubted because you hardly find a medical graduate with a very low gpa, so i applied to three others

I turned to US and evaluated my transcript but my GPA on a US 4 point scare according to WES is 3.15/4.
Now I am wondering what went wrong in those Canadian schools? Or is Canada's grading system different from that of US?

Is it because there is no classification on my transcript or certificate, so each schools calculate my grades the best way they can?

Will anyone advise me to try Canadian schools again after three rejected me on the basis of low grades?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by michelle5567: 9:10pm On Jan 16, 2019
Yes oh! Sent me another person's passport.

I sent emails to the embassy and VFS. The embassy said they have processed my Visa and I should contact VFS. Called VFS and they say they will sort it out. I'm so pissed.

Naijaforeigner:

Wow... are you for real? Wrong passport? Can you imagine?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Josh1996: 9:12pm On Jan 16, 2019
After 3 rejects, I'd advise you try somewhere else because Canadian schools have different grading scales. Even the Porvinces have different grading scales but in all seems the GPA is low. Try to make enquiries by sending mails to the grad coordinators of either the Canadian (if u still want to apply) or American schools and detail your profile to them so they can assist you before you apply or not.

Yureyes:
Please house help me.

I applied to three Canadian schools in 2017 but they all said GP issues.

Although my degree is unclassified and there is no cumulative GPA on my transcript, i applied to four schools in Canada and i didn't get admission supposedly because my grades were low when compared to their standard. The first school even told me my CGPA wasn't up to 3.50 on a five point scale or 3.0 on a 4 point scale. I doubted because you hardly find a medical graduate with a very low gpa, so i applied to three others

I turned to US and evaluated my transcript but my GPA on a US 4 point scare according to WES is 3.15/4.
Now I am wondering what went wrong in those Canadian schools? Or is Canada's grading system different from that of US?

Is it because there is no classification on my transcript or certificate, so each schools calculate my grades the best way they can?

Will anyone advise me to try Canadian schools again after three rejected me on the basis of low grades?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jan 16, 2019
Josh1996:
After 3 rejects, I'd advise you try somewhere else because Canadian schools have different grading scales. Even the Porvinces have different grading scales but in all seems the GPA is low. Try to make enquiries by sending mails to the grad coordinators of either the Canadian (if u still want to apply) or American schools and detail your profile to them so they can assist you before you apply or not.

Thanks a lot. With my US WES evaluation. I believe I meet US GPA requirements. I was just wondering why Canadian schools were saying it wasn't up to 3.0 on their 4 point scale.

From your response, the grading scales of Canada provinces are different from US. I won't just bother applying to Canada schools anymore.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Ormohlawlah: 9:23pm On Jan 16, 2019
@canadabyfire, I sent you a PM
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Ormohlawlah: 9:29pm On Jan 16, 2019
canadabyfire:

You forgot to state that, when then start attending to applications, dey would start by refusing applications with one reason "purpose of visit". grin grin angry angry grin grin

Please I sent you a PM
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jan 16, 2019
Blessedness456:
Good evening house. Please how do I send my new LOA after submitting application. Through Webform or email? I think it's Kenya handling it. I don't even know which email address to use. Please advice

Webform....wen did u apply for visa and Wat session is your new LOA for
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Kendrick213: 11:19pm On Jan 16, 2019
Let's all join hands and sue this callous people
Qtip:

Same, they are withholding mine as well. My application has been ongoing since June 2018 and I ordered my GCMS note in November.
There isn’t much option now than to sue them after 7months since I applied for study permit.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by lynniebabes(f): 11:21pm On Jan 16, 2019
Hello house. I just had my baby in Canada and I’m planning to my masters degree here. How do I begin please. I want to start September and I have two kids. One is an American citizen one a Canadian citizen. Im currently serving and will be done by June and als graduated with 2.1 in economics. Please any information will be useful. I also like to study in British Columbia. Please I need all the help and information I can get here. I also want my husband and kids to join be during my studies. I don’t know how possible that will be. Or should I just the PR ROUTE. I’m confused I need advice .Thanks in advance

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (546)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.