Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,856 members, 7,817,539 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (226) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (866570 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Claraben: 4:28pm On Feb 04, 2019
Mofpearl:

Uni of Manitoba? You can email them to confirm if they received it and if that's what they were asking for. Try to stay calm and positive.
On a lighter note, it nice to meet someone who studied nursing as well.

University of Saskatchewan, so pleased to meet you you here too.
Austacus:

If you eventually get the Ph.D. in nursing admission which am pretty sure it will attract full funding and graduate assistant job then you are super lucky . Keep praying and praying and praying
Ph.D. is a sure bet for visa
8 out of 10 usually get their visa approved within weeks
I am 100% sure
Austacus:

If you eventually get the Ph.D. in nursing admission which am pretty sure it will attract full funding and graduate assistant job then you are super lucky . Keep praying and praying and praying
I am 100% sure
Austacus:

I am 100% sure

Amen! Thank you so much.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Ocon: 4:30pm On Feb 04, 2019
Austacus:

10k yearly and about 5k per term is even reasonable self.
You are exempted for the English proficiency test
You don't need it for the admission unless you just want to do it.
It does not give you an edge in funding

What you saw there is about 3,999k approximately to 4k not 300 that's for the continuing fee
Thank you sir... But I still don't understand
Is it
Year 1- $10k
Year 2- $10k
Continual fee-$800

Or

Year 1- $10k
Year 2= no fee
continual fee= $800

Pls help clarify
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 4:33pm On Feb 04, 2019
Ocon:
Thank you sir... But I still don't understand
Is it
Year 1- $10k
Year 2- $10k
Continual fee-$800

Or

Year 1- $10k
Year 2= no fee
continual fee= $800

Pls help clarify

Please forgone that article you saw online cause it's not credible with the tuition fee
You will get all the breakdown in your letter of admission
So the thing is to apply to your school of choice then when accepted, you will see the breakdown of the tuition fee and others
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by damidam(f): 4:34pm On Feb 04, 2019
Austacus:
@damidam
Sorry I addressed you as a brother
My bad?
Well, I believe females don't like going through all these stress and hassles Cause they would rather go through an agent or look for someone that will run around for them.
Nah mens dem they move the trail for here
Maybe I will have to change my thinking
pls do cool
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by damidam(f): 4:35pm On Feb 04, 2019
Austacus:
@damidam
As for the experience issue, I don't think that should be a problem but I would allow people with experience or knowledge in UR to come into this.
But I am pretty sure the experience issue shouldn't be a barrier if your CV is well organized
oh...okay,thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by bisimo: 4:37pm On Feb 04, 2019
damidam:
Upei only offers mba programs that i am not eligible for and university of Regina doesnt offer master in management just masters in hrm which i was about to consider not until i saw the requirement of two yrs experience which i dont have sad

Check Royal Roads University. Mater in Global Management
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by damidam(f): 5:12pm On Feb 04, 2019
bisimo:

Check Royal Roads University. Mater in Global Management
thanks for the recommendation....i cant afford it tho,thanks again smiley
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by LearnAndObey: 5:59pm On Feb 04, 2019
Emmyirab:

Sure!
The preparation is even more stressful than the whole visa application thingy, haha.
Thanks man.
I really need God's favor too. Amen. God will help you in your preparation Bro.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Emmyirab(m): 7:28pm On Feb 04, 2019
LearnAndObey:

I really need God's favor too. Amen. God will help you in your preparation Bro.
Amen!
Thank you very much.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Emmyirab(m): 7:37pm On Feb 04, 2019
Stevenssen:
God please I want this type of "stress" Lol
Tlontin:
I want that stress
victorsol:
I want that stress too oo
LMAO Stress fall on you all, haha. Amen to your prayers.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by ndubuisi1213(m): 7:42pm On Feb 04, 2019
Austacus:

Alright bro
Take your mind off nursing or any medical related courses because even Canadians don’t obtain a spot in the Canadian medical school. They usually travel abroad for it, very few of them do it in their country
It’s very competitive and medical education in Canada is very expensive
Noted
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Sakaz: 7:48pm On Feb 04, 2019
be sincere, I'm just confuse. I received offer letter for post graduate diploma information technology in business analysis from new brunwich community college for September intake. One year programme. 

Already, I have b.sc chemistry, Mba marketing and work as a customer service manager, marketing manager and now a key account manager. 

My company has given me statement of account in naira,dollar,euro and pnds. As a co- sponsor and a reference letter from bank.

I also have sufficient funds that can cover expenses. My wife is ready to support with her bank statement.

I have travelled to Dubai once and south Africa.

My fear is rejection.

Kindly advise, the money saved for study visa applications can be use for other fruitful expenses if you you advise me not to apply.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Ormohlawlah: 8:11pm On Feb 04, 2019
Austacus:
@damidam
Sorry I addressed you as a brother
My bad?
Well, I believe females don't like going through all these stress and hassles Cause they would rather go through an agent or look for someone that will run around for them.
Nah mens dem they move the trail for here
Maybe I will have to change my thinking
I disagree...I dont even know any agent
Yes grin you have to change your thinking

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Sakaz: 8:55pm On Feb 04, 2019
I'm just confuse. I received offer letter for post graduate diploma information technology in business analysis from new brunwich community college for September intake. One year programme. 

Already, I have b.sc chemistry, Mba marketing and work as a customer service manager, marketing manager and now a key account manager. 

My company has given me statement of account in naira,dollar,euro and pnds. As a co- sponsor and a reference letter from bank.

I also have sufficient funds that can cover expenses. My wife is ready to support with her bank statement.

I have travelled to Dubai once and south Africa. 

My fear is rejection.

Kindly advise, the money saved for study visa applications can be use for other fruitful expenses if the best advise is not to apply. 

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by damidam(f): 9:12pm On Feb 04, 2019
Ormohlawlah:

Most Canadian schools exempt Nigerians from taking language tests. I know for memorial university,undergraduates must take English language tests.
You don't need TOEFL for these schools:
University of Manitoba
University of Winnipeg
King's university of Edmonton (if you have a B or upward in your English language in waec)
Mount Allison university...infact there are so many...Google is your best friend basically
please do know if the English test is compulsory for graduate applicant of memorial uni?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Ormohlawlah: 9:23pm On Feb 04, 2019
damidam:
please do know if the English test is compulsory for graduate applicant of memorial uni?
I'm not sure about this,but I think,if you can show them that your undergrad degree was in English language,you wouldn't need to to write an English language proficiency test. You still need MUN grad students to confirm this though... Or you can send an email to their admissions office
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by damidam(f): 9:24pm On Feb 04, 2019
Ormohlawlah:

I'm not sure about this,but I think,if you can show them that your undergrad degree was in English language,you wouldn't need to to write and English language proficiency test. You still need MUN grad students to confirm this though... Or you can send an email to their admissions office
will send an email...thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Ormohlawlah: 9:46pm On Feb 04, 2019
damidam:
will send an email...thank you
You're welcome

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by yacha77: 11:24pm On Feb 04, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

Prospective applicants misunderstand the question TOTAL FUNDS AVAILABLE FOR MY STAY stipulated on the IMM1294E form. It's very unrealistic and irrational to use the closing balance of your guarantor as funds availablity because no sponsor would give out all the funds available in his/her account for your study, owning to the fact that there are dependents, business, and personal welfare to cater for. To provide clarity to this question, the immigration officer is asking after the funds available for your first year of study. Hence, the amount of funds that your guarantor is willing and eager to give you per each academic year and the total funds in your possession/account (if any) makes up TOTAL FUNDS AVAILABLE FOR MY STAY. Sometimes this consistitute among the reason why so many applicants are being refused on the ground of insufficient funds, because they fail to give a good financial breakdown of their expenses on the SOP/LOE.

Cc: Raymondrain, Assuming your sponsor is willing to give you 25,000$CAD per each academic year and have some left in his/her account and you also have an additional 1KCAD in your personal savings account. The total funds available for your stay = 25K$CAD+1K$CAD =26K$CAD
well said, very well said.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by BabsO2(m): 11:28pm On Feb 04, 2019
Attended EduCanada fair last January. In the Applying for study permit session, the boss there said when he picks a study permit application and he sees the bank statements are paper and not electronic he drops and pick the next one. I think this is contributing to delay for applicants who use paper bank statements and bringing the overall study permit application wait time to 20 weeks avg. The issue now is many banks don't offer electronic statements for Embassies.

For those who are not sponsored by parents or close relatives, he also said if this sponsor not related to you raises an electronic bank statement for your study permit application it strengthens the applicants case, despite he or she not being your mama or papa or blood relative. Especially if back up by affidavit.

He also said he refuses applicants who he sees is using and agent. That using an agent shows signs of weakness, that the application is not that complicated and makes him wander what kind of student of family is this.

He said many things in answer to questions.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by ensamy(m): 11:37pm On Feb 04, 2019
Gurus in the house, can anyone suggest a University in Canada where I can do a PhD in Medical microbiology that will not require IELTS. I have an M.Sc in medical microbiology and Parasitology with a CGPA of 4.2/5.0 and my B.Sc was 2.1 too.
Thanks and waiting for a favourable response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by BabsO2(m): 11:37pm On Feb 04, 2019
BabsO2:
Attended EduCanada fair last January. In the Applying for study permit session, the boss there said when he picks a study permit application and he sees the bank statements are paper and not electronic he drops and pick the next one. I think this is contributing to delay for applicants who use paper bank statements and bringing the overall study permit application wait time to 20 weeks avg. The issue now is many banks don't offer electronic statements for Embassies.

For those who are not sponsored by parents or close relatives, he also said if this sponsor not related to you raises an electronic bank statement for your study permit application it strengthens the applicants case, despite he or she not being your mama or papa or blood relative. Especially if back up by affidavit.

He also said he refuses applicants who he sees is using and agent. That using an agent shows signs of weakness, that the application is not that complicated and makes him wander what kind of student of family is this.

He said it takes about six weeks to validate paper statements.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by liveandletlive3: 11:40pm On Feb 04, 2019
Guys Please I need your input on this
This is my first post

So I have a compound surname, (example "Micheal Jacob"wink
And this is the way it's written on my international passport (with the space in between)
It is also written like that on my Bsc certificate.

But on every other document, there is a hyphen in between. (ie "Micheal-Jacob"wink including my transcript

So I have 3 options and 1 question, pls help.

1. Change the name on the passport to add the hyphen (or remove one name, and also do the same for other documents, bvn etc)

2. Leave it like that and apply for school with the name on my passport

3. Attempt to change my other docs, eg bvn, transcript to the name on my passport

Question: Do I need my certificate for much or is my transcript enough for all the school application

Thanks for your input
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 11:48pm On Feb 04, 2019
Check Uni. Of Manitoba
ensamy:
Gurus in the house, can anyone suggest a University in Canada where I can do a PhD in Medical microbiology that will not require IELTS. I have an M.Sc in medical microbiology and Parasitology with a CGPA of 4.2/5.0 and my B.Sc was 2.1 too.
Thanks and waiting for a favourable response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by ensamy(m): 7:21am On Feb 05, 2019
Juleskiki:
Check Uni. Of Manitoba

Ok Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Obabori1: 7:43am On Feb 05, 2019
Thank you very much... I'm grateful
mcobex:
Travel history is not really a problem, it just tags along other reasons. Try to tackle the other reasons and travel history will disappear (so many people have gotten their TRV without traveling anywhere before).
About the issue of returning after your studies, that's where home tie(can be investments...) comes into play. Also potential job opportunities back in Nigeria is another good reason for you to return.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Raheembisi: 8:51am On Feb 05, 2019
Please I have a question. Is it okay to use treasury bill as proof of funds ? Along with paid tuition receipt
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 9:00am On Feb 05, 2019
Raheembisi:
Please I have a question. Is it okay to use treasury bill as proof of funds ? Along with paid tuition receipt

Good morning
Please don’t try it, don’t even think of it.
Liquid cash is very important and so then if you want to add the treasury bill make sure you get a letter from your bank saying the treasury bill can be liquidated anytime the need may be.
Then you in your SOP or LOE make it bold and repeat it again saying the treasury bill will be liquidated and it set aside for the purpose of your travel
Then you do some calculation of tuition fee and other living expenses in your SOP
Make sure you add the amount of your treasury
Bill or fixed deposit with the available funds (liquid cash) in your account.
I repeat don't submit just treasury bill as proof of funds
(sorry am rushing to type this cause am busy at the moment, so I can't explain everything in details)

Bless you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Raheembisi: 9:11am On Feb 05, 2019
Austacus:

Good morning
Please don’t try it, don’t even think of it.
Liquid cash is very important and so then if you want to add the treasury bill make sure you get a letter from your bank saying the treasury bill can be liquidated anytime the need may be.
Then you in your SOP or LOE make it bold and repeat it again saying the treasury bill will be liquidated and it set aside for the purpose of your travel
Then you do some calculation of tuition fee and other living expenses in your SOP
Make sure you include the amount of your treasury
Bill or fixed deposit with the available funds (liquid cash) in your account.
I repeat don't submit just treasury bill as proof of funds
(sorry am rushing to type this cause am busy at the moment, so I can't explain everything in details)

Bless you
Thanks alot, I would note everything. the treasury bill would be dedicated to the other year of study, while tuition for the first year is paid and there is liquid cash for living expenses.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Owoch: 9:57am On Feb 05, 2019
Hello house, I have mostly been a silent reader on this thread. Applied June 2018, biometrics July 2018. Right now I'm tired of the wait and I'll like to withdraw.

My question, how long does it take to withdraw an application. I need to get a refund from my sch and apply to another country for my masters. Thanks for the replies.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Horlamidei(m): 10:05am On Feb 05, 2019
Please i grad with a very low 2.2, is there any school in Canada I can hope for for admission into a masters degree or graduate studies. Though have applied to MUN Please ans?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 10:09am On Feb 05, 2019
Yarn us more naw
BabsO2:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) ... (546)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.