Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,725 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (227) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (868369 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by bikerboy1(m): 10:14am On Feb 05, 2019
LearnAndObey:

BSC sir

You are very lucky to get such a scholarship. Congrats

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Okattamgbee: 10:36am On Feb 05, 2019
liveandletlive3:
Guys Please I need your input on this
This is my first post

So I have a compound surname, (example "Micheal Jacob"wink
And this is the way it's written on my international passport (with the space in between)
It is also written like that on my Bsc certificate.

But on every other document, there is a hyphen in between. (ie "Micheal-Jacob"wink including my transcript

So I have 3 options and 1 question, pls help.

1. Change the name on the passport to add the hyphen (or remove one name, and also do the same for other documents, bvn etc)

2. Leave it like that and apply for school with the name on my passport

3. Attempt to change my other docs, eg bvn, transcript to the name on my passport

Question: Do I need my certificate for much or is my transcript enough for all the school application

Thanks for your input

Since your certificate has Micheal Jacob on it already, i guess Micheal-Jacob on your transcript is a typo error.

However, i will advice you either change other doc you have with Micheal-Jacob on them to Micheal Jacob or better still swear an affidavit stating that your name Micheal Jacob was misspelt to Micheal-Jacob to back it up.

My 2 cent though, stand to be corrected.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by cychristaa: 10:49am On Feb 05, 2019
Ocon:
Thank you sir... But I still don't understand
Is it
Year 1- $10k
Year 2- $10k
Continual fee-$800

Or

Year 1- $10k
Year 2= no fee
continual fee= $800

Pls help clarify

No actually. It's year one 10k and year two as well as other subsequent years you fail to finish your studies is 800 per year
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 11:28am On Feb 05, 2019
BabsO2:
Attended EduCanada fair last January. In the Applying for study permit session, the boss there said when he picks a study permit application and he sees the bank statements are paper and not electronic he drops and pick the next one. I think this is contributing to delay for applicants who use paper bank statements and bringing the overall study permit application wait time to 20 weeks avg. The issue now is many banks don't offer electronic statements for Embassies.

For those who are not sponsored by parents or close relatives, he also said if this sponsor not related to you raises an electronic bank statement for your study permit application it strengthens the applicants case, despite he or she not being your mama or papa or blood relative. Especially if back up by affidavit.

He also said he refuses applicants who he sees is using and agent. That using an agent shows signs of weakness, that the application is not that complicated and makes him wander what kind of student of family is this.

He said many things in answer to questions.

BabsO2:

He said it takes about six weeks to validate paper statements.

In as much the Fair might seem professional, and some Info's like the electronic bank statement directly fr an applicant's bank provide credence to an application, the other purported assertions on the info issued is unmitigatedly not accurate and competent.

The organizations of most Fairs/Seminars of study/visa enlightenment are "mostly" VISA AGENCIES who "sometimes" issues certain Info's to not only educate the attendants who might be prospective applicants BUT to sell their market as well and promote their agencies.

In these EduCanada Fair attended, was the guest speaker OR did the guest speaker introduce him/herself as a/ex Visa Officer ? Anything other than this isn't from a competent source and as such, holds no weight.

I have been quite fortunate myself to attended numerous Canada education/visa Fairs in my location, even if most are quite informative, not every dished Info's are total as they presume that most attendants are ignorant and naive.

These VOs are aware that most banks in Nigeria haven't fully adopt and introduced such technical awareness and acceptance as part of their absolute operational system, and as such even when the VOs request an applicant for a bank statement ticket ID, the VO also accept a reference letter from the applicant's bank addressing the VO's concerns in substitute for the ticket ID.

What am trying to point out is the misinformation in the excerpts of the detail presented. The VOs still accepts and grant applicant's a visa decision whether with a paper bank statement or electronic bank statement, and for the processing time, it might have a modicum or not with the bank statement depends on the circumstances of the application presented before the VO but this doesn't necessarily account for the processing time of applications. This stretches to the presented circumstances.

Even the VOs and IRCC are quite familiar with third parties representatives often called agents, and using an agent doesn't in any way discredit an applicant as many opt for self application due to the numerous discrepancies that dwell amongst these agents but not all. Its best advise not to act on those Info's otherwise sorry becomes a surname name.

I might not necessarily be right BUT my take is based on my strong personal opined notions.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 11:33am On Feb 05, 2019
Owoch:
Hello house, I have mostly been a silent reader on this thread. Applied June 2018, biometrics July 2018. Right now I'm tired of the wait and I'll like to withdraw.

My question, how long does it take to withdraw an application. I need to get a refund from my sch and apply to another country for my masters. Thanks for the replies.

Wen is class starting?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Owoch: 11:46am On Feb 05, 2019
042viber12:

Wen is class starting?

I deferred it till September this year. But can't wait any longer. Going for masters in another country then probably come back to Canada for PhD.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 11:47am On Feb 05, 2019
Horlamidei:
Please i grad with a very low 2.2, is there any school in Canada I can hope for for admission into a masters degree or graduate studies. Though have applied to MUN Please ans?

Difficult to get a masters program with a 2.2, u can try out colleges
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Horlamidei(m): 11:50am On Feb 05, 2019
042viber12:

Difficult to get a masters program with a 2.2, u can try out colleges

Please, can I get some names of colleges who accept 2.2?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by damidam(f): 12:03pm On Feb 05, 2019
Horlamidei:

Please, can I get some names of colleges who accept 2.2?
try and google colleges in canada then you go to each college website and you will find their programs and the admission requirement for each programs. Some might be specific on the required grades needed to apply while some might not...in this case i will advise you send an email to them to ask about the minimum grade required to apply.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by thompson1510(m): 1:07pm On Feb 05, 2019
makano:
We are not allowed to put a third party GCMS site here, so what you will do is google GCMS note and several sites will come up..
Thanks for your help bro...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by geotherm: 3:03pm On Feb 05, 2019
I have come again. Please I need suggestion, I guided a friend who is currently studying in Philippines to apply for Canada study permit. It was refused based on the following reasons:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of
residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment prospects in your country of
residence.
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

I need advise on way forward, how can she address these issues.

Additional info:
Her dad provided all the necessary documents in support of her visa including bank statements, landed documents and she provided her own statement including evidence of tuition payment both in phillipines and part payment for Canada. The course will start in May. She applied for the visa this January, they even sent her for medical after 5 days of application. Her current study ends in March.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Owoch: 3:27pm On Feb 05, 2019
Hello house, I have mostly been a silent reader on this thread. Applied June 2018, biometrics July 2018. Right now I'm tired of the wait and I'll like to withdraw.

My question, how long does it take to withdraw an application. I need to get a refund from my sch and apply to another country for my masters. Thanks for the replies.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by mcobex: 4:12pm On Feb 05, 2019
liveandletlive3:
Guys Please I need your input on this
This is my first post

So I have a compound surname, (example "Micheal Jacob"wink
And this is the way it's written on my international passport (with the space in between)
It is also written like that on my Bsc certificate.

But on every other document, there is a hyphen in between. (ie "Micheal-Jacob"wink including my transcript

So I have 3 options and 1 question, pls help.

1. Change the name on the passport to add the hyphen (or remove one name, and also do the same for other documents, bvn etc)

2. Leave it like that and apply for school with the name on my passport

3. Attempt to change my other docs, eg bvn, transcript to the name on my passport

Question: Do I need my certificate for much or is my transcript enough for all the school application

Thanks for your input
You don't have any problem here. work with what the two most important documents have (passport and Bsc cert). The one on your transcript won't be an issue, but I don't know which other documents have the "hyphen" in between. But if any, you can get an affidavit from a law court stating the correct spelling is what you have on your international passport and Bsc cert. Just this will be enough for you. No need to waste money trying to change the name on your passport

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by nalizzzy: 4:32pm On Feb 05, 2019
Goodday pls I need a kind person to help me arrange my activities for the past 10yrs bcus the space is jst for 3part
2009-2015 school both secondary and university
2016 NYSC
2017 working at a law firm
2018-2019 working with a library
confused on how to fill it. God bless

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 5:12pm On Feb 05, 2019
nalizzzy:
Goodday pls I need a kind person to help me arrange my activities for the past 10yrs bcus the space is jst for 3part
2009-2015 school both secondary and university
2016 NYSC
2017 working at a law firm
2018-2019 working with a library
confused on how to fill it. God bless

2009 ----- Secondary School
2015 ----- University
2016. ----- NYSC
2017. ------ Gainful Employment at the law firm
2018 - 2019 -------- working with a library.

Print an extra page of the employment history for the past 10 years and fill in the rest of the information. Also remember to affix a copy of the page with your application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 5:27pm On Feb 05, 2019
Owoch:

I will advice you leave the application for a while let's say a week or two prior to requesting for a withdrawal. It might interest you to know that a fellow june applicant on this reputable platform messaged me not quite long that his 8 months application has been approved. I believe he should be here soon to share his success story. With the look of things, I think there is big hope for the June applicants. Brace up and keep faith alive. By the way, have you ordered for your Gcms notes during the waiting period?

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by nalizzzy: 5:43pm On Feb 05, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

2009 ----- Secondary School
2015 ----- University
2016. ----- NYSC
2017. ------ Gainful Employment at the law firm
2018 - 2019 -------- working with a library.

Print an extra page of the employment history for the past 10 years and fill in the rest of the information. Also remember to affix a copy of the page with your application.
thanks Frankrobbn1 you are the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 5:59pm On Feb 05, 2019
geotherm:
I have come again. Please I need suggestion, I guided a friend who is currently studying in Philippines to apply for Canada study permit. It was refused based on the following reasons:

subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of
residence.
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment prospects in your country of
residence.
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

I need advise on way forward, how can she address these issues.

Additional info:
Her dad provided all the necessary documents in support of her visa including bank statements, landed documents and she provided her own statement including evidence of tuition payment both in phillipines and part payment for Canada. The course will start in May. She applied for the visa this January, they even sent her for medical after 5 days of application. Her current study ends in March.

I am sorry to hear that your friend's study permit application was refused. It's no longer a rumour that medical request is not a guarantee for visa issuance. Since the beginning of this year I have encountered over four (4) different applicants that were called for medicals and ended up been refused. With regard to the refusal grounds which was highlighted by the visa officer on her refusal letter, I will have to redirect you to my post way back in 2017 where I addressed the above refusal grounds and possible ways on how to tackle them. YOUR FRIEND'S REFUSAL GROUNDS, take your time to go through and also take a bold step by ordering her GCMS note.

Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever.

I wish you guys the best!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 6:10pm On Feb 05, 2019
My senior citizen @ Oga frank
You're just too good and advance

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 6:26pm On Feb 05, 2019
Austacus:
My senior citizen @ Oga frank
You're just too good and advance

Austacus my eminent Guru!. I am thy humble servant to command. I remain loyal and faithful Sir. grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by princekins(m): 8:18pm On Feb 05, 2019
Wow this a great one. Congrats. You reside in Canada?

JennyKadry2:

Hi,

1. I am her sponsor. She is my niece
2. She paid nothing. Not a cent. Hang on, I think we only paid application fee(100CAD or so) for the course but no fees no nothing
3. One thing I have learned in my years in obodo oyibo is sometimes less is more. I only showed proof of 1 yr tuition/ living expenses as per their requirement. To answer your question, her one year living expenses/tutition e.t.c is about 6.5 million Naira. I had that amount in one of my accounts so I used that account. I did not provide statements of all my bank accounts. Just the one

I printed out bank statement online and submitted. No bank stamp on the statement just regular online statement

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by princekins(m): 8:41pm On Feb 05, 2019
Not compulsory. Ur score shld send letter of proof that English was your language of study

damidam:
please do know if the English test is compulsory for graduate applicant of memorial uni?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by geotherm: 8:43pm On Feb 05, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

I am sorry to hear that your friend's study permit application was refused. It's no longer a rumour that medical request is not a guarantee for visa issuance. Since the beginning of this year I have encountered over four (4) different applicants that were called for medicals and ended up been refused. With regard to the refusal grounds which was highlighted by the visa officer on her refusal letter, I will have to redirect you to my post way back in 2017 where I addressed the above refusal grounds and possible ways on how to tackle them. YOUR FRIEND'S REFUSAL GROUNDS, take your time to go through and also take a bold step by ordering her GCMS note.

Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever.

I wish you guys the best!
Thank you so much Frank I will check your write up sir
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by damidam(f): 9:10pm On Feb 05, 2019
princekins:
Not compulsory. Ur score shld send letter of proof that English was your language of study

yea, they already informed me via an email..thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Owoch: 9:42pm On Feb 05, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

I will advice you leave the application for a while let's say a week or two prior to requesting for a withdrawal. It might interest you to know that a fellow june applicant on this reputable platform messaged me not quite long that his 8 months application has been approved. I believe he should be here soon to share his success story. With the look of things, I think there is big hope for the June applicants. Brace up and keep faith alive. By the way, have you ordered for your Gcms notes during the waiting period?

I only sent a mail to the London office and got the generic message. I haven't ordered for Gcms notes yet.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by TrustAllah: 9:52pm On Feb 05, 2019
My application was refused based on an advanced diploma and I am planning to re-apply using Masters admission. Will I address the refusal reason based on the old the new masters or the advanced diploma.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 10:15pm On Feb 05, 2019
TrustAllah:
My application was refused based on an advanced diploma and I am planning to re-apply using Masters admission. Will I address the refusal reason based on the old the new masters or the advanced diploma.

Kindly drop your application profile, wen u applied, biometrics and wen u were denied...1st why change to a masters wen u were denied on advanced diploma..if u have to change, that's another long wait till you get the masters admission letter.. on your LOE, u need to explain why u are changing to a masters wen u initially got denied on a diploma... u need to address your refusal based on the reason given...which I believed is on the advanced diploma
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 10:59pm On Feb 05, 2019
TrustAllah:

Bro if your BSc is 2:2 and you want to opt to master’s then you will have to put an extra work that's if you have the energy cause it's very difficult to get master with second class lower but still possible.

Why go to an advanced diploma? It's not a career progression if you already have your BSC degree... Which I believe you do (the VO won't see it reasonable)
... If your degree is 2:2 please go into PGD/PGC to make it easy. SIMPLE!

if your degree is 2:1 you can go for either PGD/PGC or masters (masters preferably)

Bless you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by jazzyjay(f): 11:54pm On Feb 05, 2019
Am happy for you bro...
Congratulations

sleekysoft:
APPROVAL ALERT .. Glory be to God.. Since June 2016 that this dream started and a member of NL Canada travel forum .. I am giving my testimony

You are not a man ooo, you aren’t not a Man ooo... you are the God who opens doors no man can shut
You are the God of everything no one like you

JUNE 16th applicant
2nd application
Brb to give More details

Onevthing keep the faith up .. it’s just God
Austacus, frank, ibbond, viber and all—- I cant thank you enough

(1) (2) (3) ... (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) ... (546)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.