Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,647 members, 7,809,443 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:41 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (253) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (862732 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by SOP11: 10:22pm On Feb 17, 2019
Hello house, Does registering a company with cac before applying for study permit serve as a strong ties to ones country.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by mzjokky16: 10:49pm On Feb 17, 2019
mzjokky16:
Hello everyone, if my masters program is fully funded by the school,
1) how much does my sponsor need to have in his account?
2) must he transfer it into my account?
3) must he have the same surname as me?
4) as anyone seen an orpharn applied for study permit and given one?

Thank you so much in anticipation for taking time to answer my questions.
God bless

Someone should pls attend to my questions
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 11:04pm On Feb 17, 2019
mzjokky16:

Someone should pls attend to my questions
Thanks

Apart from the amount for your tuition fee, your sponsor should have enough to cover for at least your 1 year stay..no1 here knows exactly how much u must have both u and know sponsor but if u are going abroad u should know u have to have something u can use to cater for your expenses...

If your sponsor can transfer the tuition fee plus at least one year stay in your account..its okay..but your sponsor should also have a reasonable amount as balance...

No your sponsor mustn'tv your surname but u need to explain who the sponsor is to u and why he wants to sponsor u on your SOP

We can't answer cos we don't know each other here...but for an orphan, he or she should have a sponsor, so basically u need to explain why he is sponsoring u..who he is to u...orphan or not doesn't mean he or she will or will not get a visa...just arrange your documents properly and pray...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by LekwachiJJ: 11:04pm On Feb 17, 2019
I posted updates since November 29, 2018. I got my visa and have since moved to Canada and started classes.
pufframmy:
how far about your application no update yet
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 11:05pm On Feb 17, 2019
SOP11:
Hello house, Does registering a company with cac before applying for study permit serve as a strong ties to ones country.

If it's yours or dad's or any1 directly related to u...yes it's part of your home ties
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 11:08pm On Feb 17, 2019
Josade69:
Hello house,
Please how can one apply for the study permit and coop permit together. I'll like to do so as my master's course has a coop semester attached to it.

I would also like to find out if one can do additional work (not coop) while you are a student using your normal study permit, and how soon after arrival can you start work (the work is in the u university's health facility, so it's not a graduate assistant ship). Thanks guys for your expected responses.

Pls kindly start reading from the 1st page of the thread...as for the unbolded, u have a standard amount of hours u are meant to work as an international student with a study visa...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by mzjokky16: 11:12pm On Feb 17, 2019
042viber12:

Apart from the amount for your tuition fee, your sponsor should have enough to cover for at least your 1 year stay..no1 here knows exactly how much u must have both u and know sponsor but if u are going abroad u should know u have to have something u can use to cater for your expenses...

If your sponsor can transfer the tuition fee plus at least one year stay in your account..its okay..but your sponsor should also have a reasonable amount as balance...

No your sponsor mustn'tv your surname but u need to explain who the sponsor is to u and why he wants to sponsor u on your SOP

We can't answer cos we don't know each other here...but for an orphan, he or she should have a sponsor, so basically u need to explain why he is sponsoring u..who he is to u...orphan or not doesn't mean he or she will or will not get a visa...just arrange your documents properly and pray...

Thank you so much for your reply, God bless.
I have been trying to explain stuffs like this to my sponsor but he keep saying that he doesnt need to have cash summary in his account that all he needs is how his account his running, becos he is into business and he makes use of any money that comes into his account for another transaction.
He so much believe in a flowing account not but not an account with cash summary to submit to the embassy,
I really hope he doesnt jeopardize my application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by SOP11: 11:13pm On Feb 17, 2019
Yes my father has small bakery situated in our compound but is yet to be registered so am planning to register it with cac in his name so as to use it as part of my study permit application. Meanwhile my intending course of study is food related.
042viber12:

If it's yours or dad's or any1 directly related to u...yes it's part of your home ties
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 11:18pm On Feb 17, 2019
mzjokky16:

Thank you so much for your reply, God bless.
I have been trying to explain stuffs like this to my sponsor but he keep saying that he doesnt need to have cash summary in his account that all he needs is how his account his running, becos he is into business and he makes use of any money that comes into his account for another transaction.
He so much believe in a flowing account not but not an account with cash summary to submit to the embassy,
I really hope he doesnt jeopardize my application

I believe wat the VO needs is to see that a large sum is going in and out and also the balance can cover your 1year stay
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 11:19pm On Feb 17, 2019
SOP11:
Yes my father has small bakery situated in our compound but is yet to be registered so am planning to register it with cac in his name so as to use it as part of my study permit application. Meanwhile my intending course of study is food related.

Okay, wat did u study in your Bsc? Wat v u been doing after school..is it relates to your intended cos
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Naijaforeigner: 11:20pm On Feb 17, 2019
geoyinka:
I greet the Gurus in the house. I most confess that your insights, advice and guidance as been very helpful as i have gained alot reading through the thread from part 9. lets keep the good work going.

Please i am currently in some kind of dilema and will like the experienced people in the house to come to my resecue.

I graduated 7years ago with a Bsc in geology with 2:2 class of degree. Since then i have worked in 2 banks in Nigeria with a reasonable salary. i intend to build a career in line of my educational background. I have applied for a post graduate diploma in GIS (geographic information system) and i have gotten admission in one of the colleges in canada. Now the reason for the confusion;

1. Based on what i have read here about SOP, i am skeptical if i can convince the VO about the correlation of what i studied and what i have been doing since graduation and what i intend to study (Althought my UG degree of geology is closely related to the GIS i wa offered). Some advised me to remove anything that has to do with banking from my resume and juat claim i have been working with some geo_firms.

2. Although i am in my early 30s i am married with 2 kids. I was told it doesnt make any sense for me to use a sponsor for my studies considering my marital status and work experience. that the VO will expect that i should be a self sponsor. How true is this? cos truth be told, it will be very difficult for me to build my account to such amount before submitting application. i can get a sponsor with good account.

3. i am legally married, have 2 kids, Have a good job at the m moment, have a land in lagos...will these amount to enough ties to Nigeria in convincing VO.

I will appreciate your advice so i can take a well inform decision on how to package my application.

(1) The logical thing should be continuing along the banking career as a student (easy to explain and saves you the stress of justifying why you are going back to something you abandoned seven years ago). If you go via the geology route, how do you convince the VO after seven years of been away from school? I am not saying it is impossible, I am just saying it will be harder to convince the VO.

(2) Use your own account since you have been working for close to seven years and then use your wife's account or family members account as a support account. There is nothing wrong in using two accounts. I know someone who is married with kids, used his own account plus uncles account and got his visa .

(3) Yes your wife, kids, land are strong ties.

Bro you should be applying via PR route (your age seems ok). When you get your PR, the government will even give your kids money. Don't waste money trying to study as an international student. Your profile is good to go.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by AAO7(f): 11:21pm On Feb 17, 2019
[quote author=AAO7 post=75840016][/quote][quote author=Josade69 post=75837989]Hello house,
Please how can one apply for the study permit and coop permit together. I'll like to do so as my master's course has a coop semester attached to it.

@josade69
I can only answer this bit because my programme has a co-op semester as well.
If you're applying online, somewhere in the questioner you will be asked if your programme requires you to work?; Select "Yes".
You will be asked to provide proof of this (my school included it in my LOA) and it should be issued alongside your study permit at no extra cost.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by AAO7(f): 11:24pm On Feb 17, 2019
If you're applying online, somewhere in the questioner you will be asked if your programme requires you to work?; Select "Yes".
You will be asked to provide proof of this (my school included it in my LOA) and it should be issued alongside your study permit at no extra cost.

Josade69:
Hello house,

I would also like to find out if one can do additional work (not coop) while you are a student using your normal study permit, and how soon after arrival can you start work (the work is in the u university's health facility, so it's not a graduate assistant ship). Thanks guys for your expected responses.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by SOP11: 11:25pm On Feb 17, 2019
I studied human Anatomy and i graduated in 2010 but ever since i graduated i have been working in a bakery and confectioneries as a production Manager, presently as a quality control officer. I also consult for bakeries. I attended baking school after my graduation in the university. My intending course of study is pastry and culinary.
042viber12:

Okay, wat did u study in your Bsc? Wat v u been doing after school..is it relates to your intended cos
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Josade69: 11:27pm On Feb 17, 2019
AAO7:

Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Josade69: 11:31pm On Feb 17, 2019
042viber12:

Pls kindly start reading from the 1st page of the thread...as for the unbolded, u have a standard amount of hours u are meant to work as an international student with a study visa...

Thanks boss. Its 20hrs p/w, i just wanted to find out if it cpuld be done with the normal study visa.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 11:32pm On Feb 17, 2019
SOP11:
I studied human Anatomy and i graduated in 2010 but ever since i graduated i have been working in a bakery and confectioneries as a production Manager, presently as a quality control officer. I also consult for bakeries. I attended baking school after my graduation in the university. My intending course of study is pastry and culinary.

Aiit, u can go ahead and register the company, u can den go ahead and explain on your SOP why the course, already have experience so that wouldn't be a problem for u...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by SOP11: 11:33pm On Feb 17, 2019
Thanks boss...
042viber12:

Aiit, u can go ahead and register the company, u can den go ahead and explain on your SOP why the course, already have experience so that wouldn't be a problem for u...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Naijaforeigner: 11:54pm On Feb 17, 2019
mzjokky16:
Hello everyone, if my masters program is fully funded by the school,
1) how much does my sponsor need to have in his account?
2) must he transfer it into my account?
3) must he have the same surname as me?
4) as anyone seen an orpharn applied for study permit and given one?

Thank you so much in anticipation for taking time to answer my questions.
God bless

Does your fully funded scholarship include stipends that covers your living expenses as well? If YES, let your sponsor transfer money to cover flight tickets and extra expenses into your account plus submit his own SOA to show he is financially stable to cover you should incase anything happens (e.g if stipends are withdrawn) while in Canada. Good inflow and outflow and proof of his source of income (business man or salary earner)

If NO, read below

(1) Let your sponsor transfer your 1 year upkeep money into your account or submit an account in your sponsors name with an amount that can easily take care of your expenses for at least 1 year while in Canada.

Please if you would be using your sponsors SOA, make sure it has more than the required amount and he states clearly in his sponsorship letter how much of the money in his SOA he is giving you for maintenance.

For emphasis, you cannot submit your sponsor's SOA with 10,000CAD and then he says he is giving you everything for maintenance while in Canada. What will he use for his own family? So make sure any money in your sponsors SOA is much more than the money that is required for your upkeep and he states it clearly how much of the amount in his SOA is for you. Reason why I said it is better he transfers it into your account if he can.

Some provinces need at least 10,000CAD while others maybe about 12,000 CAD (I am not sure). Please see first page of this thread or do your research on CIC website to know how much is required of you as maintenance funds for 1 year.

(2) If the sponsor is not a family member, i will recommend he/she transfers the money to your account and he writes a lettter explaining why he has decided to sponsor you. If the sponsor cannot transfer the money to your account, not to worry, let him do as I have advised above.

(3) He does not need to have the same surname but let him give a good reason why he has decided to sponsor you in a letter, submit his SOA, International passport, proof of source of income and so forth.

(4) Foret about looking for any orphan that has or has not gotten a visa and get all the required documents and apply.

P.S Your sponsor can write in his letter, he has decided to sponsor you because he made a promise to your parents while they were alive to give you the highest level of education .......Let the letter be emotional. Turn your supposed weakness to strenght.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Naijaforeigner: 12:16am On Feb 18, 2019
hustla:

Someone just said 1
Which one should i believe?

shocked

At least 1 year experience and I think your job skill type should belong to NOC skill type O,A or B. for more information, ask in link below.

https://www.nairaland.com/4843199/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by yacha77: 12:38am On Feb 18, 2019
Akpesman:
Pls what are the landed documents to submit or include in the application. Is it survey plan and deeds only? I intend to add land sales agreement as a way of showing how I got a certain lump sum of money in my account few days to applying.
Pls i need urgent response.[color=#006600][/color]
not so sure about landed documents. I just have sales agreement and that's what I submitted with village head seal and signature sha.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JennyKadry2: 3:07am On Feb 18, 2019
mcobex:
Yes she can switch courses but will have to contact her school for it(upon arrival)

Thank you. That's the plan

She would need to go to her first school, withdraw and then travel to the preferred school.

I was just wondering if anyone here has done same
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JennyKadry2: 3:08am On Feb 18, 2019
Stevenssen:

Where in Australia do you live? Australia is a very beautiful country

It is a beautiful country
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JennyKadry2: 3:08am On Feb 18, 2019
Ijebuboy525:

Hi, I sent you a DM

Hi, I don't do DMs or emails......because I don't remember my password embarassed
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by hustla(m): 6:56am On Feb 18, 2019
Naijaforeigner:

At least 1 year experience and I think your job skill type should belong to NOC skill type O,A or B. for more information, ask in link below.

https://www.nairaland.com/4843199/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled

Okay
Thank you very much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by nonipeter: 7:52am On Feb 18, 2019
Good morning frank please I have finished applying for University in Canada please I don't know the method to pay my application fee. I don't know which bank and method to pay it please help me out
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 7:55am On Feb 18, 2019
How far now.. those who have submitted application, any news??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Soso98: 7:58am On Feb 18, 2019
Please does anyone know or have a format for volunteer work letter from ur coordinator.??at least somebody should please reply me this time
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by mzjokky16: 8:28am On Feb 18, 2019
042viber12:

Thank you so much, God bless
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by mzjokky16: 8:30am On Feb 18, 2019
042viber12:

Thank you so much, God bless
Naijaforeigner:

Does your fully funded scholarship include stipends that covers your living expenses as well? If YES, let your sponsor transfer money to cover flight tickets and extra expenses into your account plus submit his own SOA to show he is financially stable to cover you should incase anything happens (e.g if stipends are withdrawn) while in Canada. Good inflow and outflow and proof of his source of income (business man or salary earner)

If NO, read below

(1) Let your sponsor transfer your 1 year upkeep money into your account or submit an account in your sponsors name with an amount that can easily take care of your expenses for at least 1 year while in Canada.

Please if you would be using your sponsors SOA, make sure it has more than the required amount and he states clearly in his sponsorship letter how much of the money in his SOA he is giving you for maintenance.

For emphasis, you cannot submit your sponsor's SOA with 10,000CAD and then he says he is giving you everything for maintenance while in Canada. What will he use for his own family? So make sure any money in your sponsors SOA is much more than the money that is required for your upkeep and he states it clearly how much of the amount in his SOA is for you. Reason why I said it is better he transfers it into your account if he can.

Some provinces need at least 10,000CAD while others maybe about 12,000 CAD (I am not sure). Please see first page of this thread or do your research on CIC website to know how much is required of you as maintenance funds for 1 year.

(2) If the sponsor is not a family member, i will recommend he/she transfers the money to your account and he writes a lettter explaining why he has decided to sponsor you. If the sponsor cannot transfer the money to your account, not to worry, let him do as I have advised above.

(3) He does not need to have the same surname but let him give a good reason why he has decided to sponsor you in a letter, submit his SOA, International passport, proof of source of income and so forth.

(4) Foret about looking for any orphan that has or has not gotten a visa and get all the required documents and apply.

P.S Your sponsor can write in his letter, he has decided to sponsor you because he made a promise to your parents while they were alive to give you the highest level of education .......Let the letter be emotional. Turn your supposed weakness to strenght.
Thank you so very much
God bless

(1) (2) (3) ... (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) ... (546)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.